Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Your "worth it" moments of 2018
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 03:18:14 02/01/2019 | Topic Creator
A friend of mine suggested to look back on the past year and think of all the good things that have happened for you. Share as much or as little as you want, or at least just take a moment to think about it if you don't want to share at all. Even the tiniest things!
You made it through another year, so now's the chance to reflect on the time gone past and see how much you've grown and changed within the span of a year. ;;
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 03:19:45 02/01/2019
getting my financial aid back in october.
getting my kitten
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#3 Posted: 03:36:06 02/01/2019
****ing off from dS for five months, in retrospect I'm so glad I left.
Getting into anime via Attack on Titan. Even though AoT has been one of my least favourites so far it was still what I'd consider my gateway anime (or Death Note if we're counting the first I've watched) and this whole thing has been quite interesting.
Discovering symphonic metal was good too. I'm really enjoying bands like Epica and Nightwish, even moreso than any of the power metal bands I listened to.

And... that's about it. I wish I could say this year was more productive but I got kicked out of college and my future looks bleak. I don't think I could even enjoy anime or symphonic metal that much knowing my life is just getting worse.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#4 Posted: 04:43:26 02/01/2019
Graduating college
Finishing my first fully made cosplay
Getting noticed by 2 cosplayers I look up to and having my cosplay complimented by them
Getting to see Seiki again <3
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#5 Posted: 05:26:43 02/01/2019
-every moment i spent playing spider-man PS4
-valentines day and my anniversary
-infinity war night
-somehow passing all my classes
-joker in smash, good god i cried
-the very last moment of 2018, playing jackbox with friends
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:39:49 02/01/2019 by Vespi
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 05:57:22 02/01/2019
getting stupid lucky with the things i predicted
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#7 Posted: 06:20:36 02/01/2019
Just like the past 7 years, everything that happened this year was great except for school, all I want is a year without school, at least the one thing in life I hate will end soon.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#8 Posted: 08:49:58 02/01/2019
Playing Spyro Reignited and 100% ing the first 2 games under a week.

Getting Overwatch cute but deadly mystery figures on a clearance of 2 for $10. Then picking a new series box in December (Got McCree, Sombra, and Moira)

Spending $3 on overwatch spray stickers (got good ones and my laptop looks and feels nice now)

Pet sitting my Aunt's dog for 2 weeks.

Getting a PS4.

Uploading art in general is worth it, but doing reignited redesigns is kind of more worth it.

Surprising my best friend with goodies on Halloween and Christmas.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#9 Posted: 16:19:59 02/01/2019
- Learning how to cut my hair. Seriously soooo much cheaper than having a barber do it.
- Speaking of cutting, cutting off some of the more toxic people in my life
- Applying to/getting accepted to some colleges
- Petting my cat
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#10 Posted: 17:52:46 02/01/2019
Getting to spend a few days with my grandparents

Heading to this summer music festival in my city

Pretty much the entire month of December

Rediscovering PBG hardcore, and becoming a part of the hc community

Pretty much every Nova hc released after May of this year

Finally getting into Anime

Somehow getting into Geometry

It sounds like a lot, but isn't really, but by god did this make 2018 a much more bearable year
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#11 Posted: 18:24:22 02/01/2019
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Finally getting into Anime

Welcome to the club desu. Start with the Love Live franchise and I'm sure you'll find your way from there.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#12 Posted: 18:55:23 02/01/2019 | Topic Creator
- Starting my art course. It gave me a lot of confidence and self worth near the end of the year and it helped me in ...
- Meeting awesome new people who have become a found family.
- Especially meeting the girl. If you guys know me you probably know how lovestruck I am ahahaha. She's really helped in my journey of self discovery (figuring out if I'm gay, bi, poly, demi, ace ... whatever). I think I've got a good indication of my orientation at the moment thanks to her! She's really helpful with talking about this stuff. ;;
- Was in my first group exhibition with the other students in the class! Now I want to start on a body of work, and i have a potential gallery lined up too so that's cool!
- Starting my new job at a quiet little butcher's shop. This gave me much more confidence and I am so glad I accepted this job offer. Co workers are great people (well, the permanent staff are anyway lol ... we have a huge turnover in casual staff because they're all bludgers pfft).
- This is silly, but coming back to dS has helped a lot. I love talking with you guys and I love the sense of community I (mostly) get from this place lol.
- New Spyro and Watership Down were def worth it moments of this year. I remember every Thursday at the start of the year I'd be in class waiting for Acti to announce the new Spyro at 1 pm on Twitter ... then it all got leaked overnight haha. And Watership Down was meant to come out in 2016, but oh well lol.
- My frogs and lizard are pretty cool too ahaha.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#13 Posted: 00:32:50 04/01/2019
eating human meat
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#14 Posted: 01:04:33 04/01/2019
playing the first octopath demo
playing the second octopath demo
paying €100 for the special edition of octopath
playing the full game
i like octopath ok?
---
Soon.
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#15 Posted: 01:10:40 04/01/2019
  • I passed my Sophomore year and I had enough credits to be bumped up to a Senior
  • Haven't had any long episodes of depression like the last few years, been keeping things mostly under control
  • Got my beautiful class ring
  • Made new friends
  • Saw the new Halloween and loved it
  • I turned 18
  • Had fun over the summer swimming and staying at the water park
  • Rice Festival
  • I no longer have to take goddamn Algebra
  • Started learning to drive
  • Made it through another year
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#16 Posted: 01:35:23 04/01/2019
Getting yet another puppy (by accident, as usual)
Getting a better idea of what I want to do with my life, even if it took a lot to get there
Playing Pokemon Let's Go and even getting to play it with my mom
Playing Spyro Reignited
Finally getting over some stuff that was stopping me from moving forward and hopefully on a better path towards liking myself
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me