darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > It's the little things that make it great
Page 1 of 1
It's the little things that make it great
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#1 Posted: 05:34:44 14/11/2018 | Topic Creator
There's so many tiny details in this game that shouldn't really mean much but overall make the game great... Toys for Bob did an amazing job.

For example... did you know if you flame one of the spinning chests in Spyro 1 and then stand on it... you'll spin with it, too? Or on the loading screens, you can actively move Spyro? It's freakin awesome.

There are a few issues with the game though... occasional lag spikes, long load times, floating gems, and some bugs where some gems/chests would get picked up/disappear but not count toward my total, so I'd have to die and pick them up again... anyone else?

Also, the balloonists sound like Hugo from Skylanders. Cringe.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2 Posted: 06:12:45 14/11/2018
Quote: Fireball

[User Posted Image]

(otherwise i agree)
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3 Posted: 06:23:43 14/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bionichute
Quote: Fireball

[User Posted Image]

(otherwise i agree)

Or the penguin guy you help in AHT... smilie
---
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 07:16:56 14/11/2018
Most of the dragons fly up when they poof away, unless they're indoors and would bump their head.
Nils (the one with the chiseled Spyro bust in Town Square) tips over the statue and frantically reaches out to catch it.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#5 Posted: 07:46:42 14/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Okaps
Most of the dragons fly up when they poof away, unless they're indoors and would bump their head.
Nils (the one with the chiseled Spyro bust in Town Square) tips over the statue and frantically reaches out to catch it.

Some of the dragon's shadows even draw over the walls behind them as they fly away. If Spyro is falling, he spreads his paws to brace for impact.
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#6 Posted: 08:03:48 14/11/2018
Moneybags growls and clutches has gem bag if you try to walk into it.

It's the same animation he does if you try and attack him, but the fact it triggers from just trying to touch his gem bag is SUCH a nice touch!

Also, Lucas being one of the dragons in Nevin's art gallery, since lore wise, we know Lucas has to have been to the Artisans' homeworld enough to know where the secret waterfall it!
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#7 Posted: 07:09:45 15/11/2018
Here's a few things I noticed today while playing:

- Ivor in Dry Canyon, as he leaves, accidentally sneezes towards the bomb he's holding. You know what happens when a dragon sneezes...

- Dr. Shemp in his idle state makes a series of hand gestures that I've interpreted roughly as "bang bang, eat ****"

- In Dark Hollow, one of the topiaries near the Return Home portal is shaped like the rocket from the TfB logo.

- The rockets in the rocket chest seem to be "Mega" and "Snake" brands.

- Fodder will run up to you if you stand still near them long enough. The frill lizards in Cliff Town start hissing at you, and the chickens start squawking at you.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#8 Posted: 13:53:05 18/11/2018
Quote: spyroid101
Moneybags growls and clutches has gem bag if you try to walk into it.

It's the same animation he does if you try and attack him, but the fact it triggers from just trying to touch his gem bag is SUCH a nice touch!

I gotta try that! I just started Spyro 2 last night.
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#9 Posted: 15:57:55 18/11/2018
I noticed something funny, my "achievement" when I take the balloon for the first time, is called "Boom!"

(Flynn reference...)
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Lava Fella Red Sparx Gems: 53
#10 Posted: 06:03:43 20/11/2018
Several objects throughout the trilogy fling Spyro from point A to point B, but how he reacts to them differs.

In Ripto’s Rage, the Breezebuilders Catapult doesn’t fling him too hard, so he can comfortable open his wings (automatically, no less!) and float down.

In YOTD, the Fireworkers Factory cannons fling him so hard he CAN’T open his wings and always crash lands.

Speaking of which, I love how even the rocket projectiles differ by location! Fireworks particle effects in the titular factory that even function like the real thing and won’t explode until they’re really high up, if you shoot them at the sky.
---
*fwooooot!*
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me