Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Does ANYONE remember "Spyro's Lair"??
Page 1 of 1
Does ANYONE remember "Spyro's Lair"??
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#1 Posted: 06:55:23 18/10/2018 | Topic Creator
You know, that old "club penguin-esque" Spyro chatroom in 2007 designed to promote The Eternal Night. You could design your own dragon, play games, and talk to other fans (through programmed dialogue lines, mind you). This was my fondest memory of Spyro as a kid, even if there wasn't much to it.

Well, I can't find ANY evidence that it existed, and I know I'm not tripping. No youtube videos... Tried searching on google, couldn't find anything.

I just want to know if you guys actually remember it. For nostalgia, really. smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:59:28 18/10/2018 by Fireball
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#2 Posted: 08:39:48 18/10/2018
I didn't play much of it back then, so I don't remember everything about it, but I do remember it existing.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 13:47:37 18/10/2018
That's weird, there used to be videos. I remember it not having much but it still had a sick Celestial Caves background to walk around.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#4 Posted: 15:18:20 18/10/2018
I remember reading about it in old forums when I was browsing the internet for Spyro things, just before I discovered smilie . I also found this! //www.darkspyro.net/images/night/lair/
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#5 Posted: 19:54:42 19/10/2018
I remember it! One of the first OCs I ever made and regularly roleplayed and drew online was the dragon avatar I made on there haha. I didn’t play it much but I still have fond memories of it. There were little flash games on there too, right? It’s too bad it’s virtually erased from history now.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#6 Posted: 19:24:34 25/10/2018
Oh, man. I remember Spyro's Lair. Vaguely, but I still remember.

I got really into it when DOTD came out, so I initially made my dragon avatar based off of the DOTD dragon-maker. I thought that the Ignitus horns they made on that were Malefor's horns, so I believed for the longest time that Malefor was basically an evil Spyro with wonky Ignitus horns.

You could say I was a little surprised when I found out the Dark Master in fact did NOT appear as I had imagined. smilie
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#7 Posted: 01:11:48 27/10/2018
Oh yes, I remember Spyro's Lair! The OC I created with it is actually where my username comes from!

Will admit to missing it from time to time, even though it was super basic and the games never loaded right with teenage me's crappy internet.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#8 Posted: 18:13:01 27/10/2018
I was there when it opened. All the templates were basically a modification of the same one Spyro artwork that ended up haunting me for years.

[User Posted Image]

Imagine that awkward Spyro but red with curled horns or something.
---
Eh.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#9 Posted: 12:05:07 30/10/2018
I used to enjoy playing that as a kid. Makes me miss TLoS.

There are various RPG videos of the site still on youtube. Most are 9-10 years old now, wow.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#10 Posted: 17:54:43 30/10/2018
The DOTD avatars put a bit of effort into it, changing all the patterns of the Spyro base to the corresponding dragon bodies, but the outfits were nowhere as cool as the Krome styled ones.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me