Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 49 of 50 | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2401 Posted: 04:25:55 07/03/2019
Quote: A Guy
"Oh... you were always so considerate..." Ilasi said, as she looked down. "Sometimes I thought that maybe you just wanted someone to filll the space because Angora wasn't there, and that was all I was... I always had the hope, but didn't have anyway of knowing for certain."
Her face lightened up after a brief moment, however. "Sometimes you need to just relax a bit," she said. "Think of yourself for a while... only sometimes, however! There is, uh... still so much to do... so, uh, anything in mind?"

Maverick only smiled at her as Ilasi expressed herself.
"Come on Ilasi. I thought you already knew that just because I love Angora very much doesn't mean I don't have enough space in my heart for one more. Angorita is like... this little sister who always needs love. It's practically the world against her, and I just want to help her. I would do that for anybody else who feels despaired. I know what it's like to feel like the world is against you, you know? That's why I support her so much. That's why I always want to help others. But just because I care about that little troll doesn't mean I don't care about you. You were never a replacement Ilasi." Maverick assured, stopping the stammering but still blushing.

But as he finished the sentence and pondered about what Ilasi asked last, he couldn't stop thinking about the kiss she said she wanted to give him.
"I just... didn't think anybody could feel something for me, you know? I'm just a mestizo. And I was a shameful pirate once, full of these disgusting scars, always disappointing in my attempts to please and take advantage of this second chance in life. And always messing things up and never really knowing how to help when it counts. How could anyone love somebody with so many negative traits I always said to myself. I... I want to do things right... I'm just... so lousy when it comes to feelings..." Maverick explained sincerely, returning to stamerring. His blush was so severe this time that even his ears were now red. Now that he knew how Ilasi felt, he was even tempted to be the one who give the first kiss, and where it was originally going to be this time... but he was feeling like too much like a coward to do so...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#2402 Posted: 04:26:09 07/03/2019
As the so-called Houndoom began to act out again-- Raclaw chose his next words carefully. "Relax-- this is Latnok and my name is Raclaw. He's a friend and we won't hurt you unless you give us a reason to.," he tried to reassure as the so-called 'Helen' almost immediately obeyed the other creature. "I'm.. I'm a fur dragon and he's what you call an Guardian. He protects people and creatures such as myself..," the fur dragon then said as a bark could be heard coming from his back. What could be recognized to most residents of the world as a tricolored Beagle could be seen jumping down. "Oh-- and this is Chester. Don't worry, he can understand you and I can translate for him if needed.," he then immediately said with a rather large grin.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:27:18 07/03/2019 by redwes
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#2403 Posted: 04:40:13 07/03/2019
Helen was fuming over being embarrassed by Spike. Spike, meanwhile, was getting a room key, then introduced himself and his friend, PROPERLY. "My name is Spike. I'm a Togekiss, with celestial blood. This grouchy Houndoom is Helen. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Helen growled. "I'm not grouchy."
Spike looked at her. "Oh, yes, we're all convinced of that by the way you're snapping and growling at everyone. Could you at least SMILE, just this once?"
The Houndoom tried, she really did. She stretched her expression into what was technically a smile. "Like this?"
Spike shuddered. "No, not like that. That's not a smile, that's the expression Kefka wore as he slaughtered Espers. Please don't ever do that again."
Helen resumed pouting. "It is NOT. All you see is a bunch of pixels. And that WAS a smile... Technically."
Spike sighed. "Baring your teeth does not a smile make."
Helen turned her snout up, puffing out smoke. "Don't YOU get started with THOSE again!"
Spike countered "Don't start smoking in here! No fire either, if you will! You'll burn something."
"Yeah, well, maybe I'll get lucky and weld your mouth shut!"
"Arceus… We sound like we're married or something." Spike held the key towards her, and she snatched it with her tail.
"Do NOT!"
"Do TOO! Aaaaand now we're arguing like infants." He turned towards Raclaw, Chester, and Latnok. "Sorry you had to see that. I'm the only person who can keep that short temper of hers in check."
A voice called back "I do NOT have a short temper!" Helen decided to start with an early dinner, which would likely be followed about a couple hours later by another dinner.
Spike just sighed.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:41:29 07/03/2019 by darknessdawn
#2404 Posted: 16:59:17 07/03/2019
Raclaw and Chester watched amusedly as the new creatures had their little spout. "It's quite alright-- no one's perfect and we may have started out on the wrong foot.. erm paw.," Reclaw began to say using an human expression. To those familiar with the world, it would've been obvious that Raclaw was clearly used to humans; the collar only further implied that. "I will admit-- I've never heard of your kind, but fairy and hell hounds types aren't entirely uncommon here. Most hellhounds don't talk though, but please don't let that stop you. You two aren't the only ones breaking new ground here. Take Chester here for example; we have developed a unique bond with him. And even though his bark cannot be understood by all-- we can understand him and treat him as one of our own.," the fur dragon then said looking down at the little Beagle with a natural genuine smile.

"Your friend is lucky to have you, just as I am lucky to have Raclaw. And Latnok.," Chester then barked in his natural and only tongue. "And we're lucky to have you.," Raclaw barked in return showing a little of what he meant by an unique bond. "He says your friend is lucky to have you and he is lucky to have us.," Raclaw then translated in common. It could be seen both the Fur Dragon and Beagle wore collars-- and that they were clearly very close to the human named Latnok. What looked like a harness ring on the base of Raclaw's tail could also be seen if one was observant enough, as well as a unadorned gold colored tail band. The little Chester barely stood at 1½ feet, while both Raclaw and Latnok 'stood' at about 6 feet tall.

OOC: We still have an DOCUMENTS FOLDER by the way-- and here's a helpful PICTURE of Raclaw & company. smilie
____ And I'll let you decide rather your characters can understand Canine barks or not. smilie
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 21:59:01 07/03/2019 by redwes
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2405 Posted: 17:47:39 07/03/2019
Ilasi once again had her gaze wander away. Well... Maverick confirmed his feelings. Now what? This was even scarier than rejection.
"Oh, of course you're a lot more than that..." she said. "No one will ever call you a nasty person. And even those that don't like you so much... even they can appreciate having you around. But now... it doesn't matter if you're not perfect. I never was... but I've always tried. And whatever happened, that's what's kept me in it. That's all I need. That's all that matters to me right now... that you care enough to try. Now, I believe we were, uh... getting to something..." Ilasi didn't exactly know how to proceed with the kiss, and was hoping something would just work itself out...

After sending some staff to prepare the requested room, the receptionist handed the fairy creature a key. "Third floor, take the first right, then the next left, and it's the second-to-last door down."
"I'm not trying to offend you," Latnok said to the hellhound creature. "Just warning you. If you are deemed to be a wild, dangerous hellhound, they'll probably capture you and make a spectacle out of your death in the arena. Martial law in the city starts tomorrow. Probably the worst time to give abyone the wrong impression..."
Wait... Arceus. Latnok could remember one other creature who frequently used such a name as an expression...
"Hey, you wouldn't happen to know some fox-like creature, would you? About yea high, red and black fur, could create illusions?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2406 Posted: 17:57:45 07/03/2019
As soon as Latnok mentioned the illusion creating fox-- it was as if an light bulb lit up in Raclaw's head. 'Star! What was he called? That's right.. he was an Zorua and I believed he called himself an Pokémon. These-- these must be the same kind of creatures!,' he thoughts exclaimed in an excited manner perhaps audible to Latnok as well. He fondly recalled their old traveling companions-- Star, Darkheart, Ballora, and Glale. 'Also Pokemon.,' he thought again internally referring to the last two names. It was no wonder Helan could talk if she was also one of these so-called 'Pokémon.'
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2407 Posted: 18:10:21 07/03/2019
Dex had made his way back to the blackmarket. He had thought telling Latnok and the others, but because Blue was not after them (or atleast it seem like it) it would be better not to worry them, and not to make Blue to think about them. Dex was at the table and now it was almost the time for his meeting with the Huntress. He was not sure what he should say to her..... He was looking around, but could not see any Of Blues men.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2408 Posted: 18:58:11 07/03/2019
Huntress paced around the meeting place, and it didn't take her too long to spot the peculiar black fox among the crowd. The black market wasn't very full that day, so it wasn't hard to find him. She approached in a stealthy matter, using the crowd to hide as she went to him.
"Well then, the wolf is out of the kennel. Where is your lady fox friend? Or the wolf man?" Huntress asked, not even bothering to hide her displeasure. She made it no secret how upset she was, and how Dex was seemingly keeping secrets from her. She wanted an explanation before they would do any kind of business...

Ilasi once again had her gaze wander away. Well... Maverick confirmed his feelings. Now what? This was even scarier than rejection.
"Oh, of course you're a lot more than that..." she said. "No one will ever call you a nasty person. And even those that don't like you so much... even they can appreciate having you around. But now... it doesn't matter if you're not perfect. I never was... but I've always tried. And whatever happened, that's what's kept me in it. That's all I need. That's all that matters to me right now... that you care enough to try. Now, I believe we were, uh... getting to something..." Ilasi didn't exactly know how to proceed with the kiss, and was hoping something would just work itself out...

It was a little hard for Maverick to believe Ilasi still wanted to go along with it, but even more surprising that she harbored such feelings from a very beginning. It would explain why she always seemed so disappointed in each conversation. It had to be that she had been waiting for him to make the first move. He felt like such a pathetic coward. He cleaned his sweaty forehead with a handkerchief from his bag before grabbing both of her hands.
"Well... uh... I've heard closing one's eyes help..." he said, knowing she was also nervous. It was clear that none of them intended to make the first move, so perhaps if they didn't see the action, or better yet, if they both made the move at the same time, something could work. He managed to prevent his hands from trembling, but the shaking has moved to his knees. He was so incredibly nervous. He has met his fair share of women in his life, but he never had the chance to go this far with them. It was an entirely different word to him, one that made it hard to pull himself together...
---
#2409 Posted: 19:32:53 07/03/2019
"Oh... that, uh, that makes sense..." Ilasi said with uncertainty - out of her own nervousness, rather than any doubting of Maverick on her part. Ilasi followed along, closing her eyes. She was already way into unexplored territory; she could only hope that things worked out as she hoped at this point. She awkwardly closed her eyes as she leaned in - not quite knowing what would happen or if she was doing it right, but considering how committed she was already...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2410 Posted: 20:29:33 07/03/2019
Meanwhile, Angora was exploring around, keeping her promise about not causing any trouble. She didn't know if the guard she talked to told his friends about her or if they really didn't care she was there. She felt some peace at least, and wanting to entertain herself, Angora proceeded to look at the local insects. With everything going on, she had forgotten how fascinated she was with bugs. Creatures smaller than her, yet they always seem to find ways to survive their cruel environment, and some even had some amazing weapons. She followed for a while what looked like a scorpion without a stinger. It may not be entertaining for some, but Angora enjoyed it quite a lot. It's been a while since she employed that hobby, which was very common in her before she met Maverick or Shade.

"Oh... that, uh, that makes sense..." Ilasi said with uncertainty - out of her own nervousness, rather than any doubting of Maverick on her part. Ilasi followed along, closing her eyes. She was already way into unexplored territory; she could only hope that things worked out as she hoped at this point. She awkwardly closed her eyes as she leaned in - not quite knowing what would happen or if she was doing it right, but considering how committed she was already...

Maverick was so nervous, he almost started to cry, but he was done being pathetic. He and Ilasi were all alone now. Dahlia was a considerable distance away, belly up and seemingly ignoring them, while the rest of the crew was gone now, even the Guardians. Risar was probably still around, but wherever he was, it wasn't on the main deck. It was practically just the two of them on that deck. It was just a kiss, not an apocalypse. But Maverick still couldn't help feeling that way. There was no turning back now though. Ilasi was ready, and so would he. Shortly after the mermaid closed her eyes, he proceeded to do the same, and finally, it was the moment that the both of them deep inside had been waiting for. The lips made contact. It was Maverick's first kiss. He had kissed women before, but it has always been on the hands or cheeks. This was the first official kiss. His feeling were a blur now. He was blushing severely, though the shaking had stopped. He was feeling nervous, but at the same time, he liked what he was doing. Was it possible that the crush, once mutual, had actually turned into true love?
---
#2411 Posted: 22:50:47 07/03/2019
Helen returned quickly at the beagle's barking. "Oh, you speak in barks and such as well?"
Meanwhile, at Latnok's description, Spike noted "Yes, that is a Zorua." A light went on in his head, as he realized only one Zorua would've been with this group and managed to make such an impression. "Wait, did this Zorua have a nasty-looking scar over his right eye? Real harsh attitude, loves tech and mistrusts magic?" He shuddered at the thought. "That's Star NeoNoctus, the Timetwister. His machinery can warp reality itself, and I've seen him fight. He only has two friends left alive in his home, as the demon called 'Nightmare' destroyed his home." Helen twitched at the mention of Nightmare.
"Did... You say... Nightmare?"
Spike promptly began backpedaling verbally. "Uh, yes, yes I did, but it has absolutely nothing to do with you, I assure you!" Helen settled again, sort of.
The Houndoom directed her gaze at Latnok. A fellow monster hunter... She touched a paw to the ball of metal surrounding her Mega Stone, and Spike noticed. It always made him nervous, as it showed a desire to battle. Then she asked the question he was hoping she wouldn't. "If you're a monster hunter... Are you strong enough to slay a true demon?" Her expression was a sneer of sorts now. "I'd like proof, and won't take mere stories as such."
Spike suddenly felt that unpleasant twinge he felt whenever Helen was about to make a combat challenge. "Helen, please, not here, not NOW..."
Helen got down low. "I'd like to have a proper bout... It's been ages since I've met a worthy opponent! Latnok, would you duel me?"
Spike groaned. "Oh no... She did it..."
---
#2412 Posted: 23:45:44 07/03/2019
Ilasi was frozen in a mix of confusion and awe at what had just happened. Was... was that it? Did it really happen? Words couldn't do her feelings any justice at the moment. It was everything she had hoped for.
Despite her efforts to not go overboard, she couldn't suppress a massive, giddy smile. Someone finally cared about her as more than just another person to do labor or be taught as an apprentice. This was more than she had ever hoped for. And for it to happen in such a fashion...
"Well, uh," she said, still not being able to quite look Maverick in the eye, "should we move on? To... the other stuff for today... you know."

Latnok nodded along at the description of Star, the Zorua companion he had had for a good chunk of his journey. He let out a short snicker at the prospect of dueling the creature speaking to him.
"Oh, I don't think such a thing would be in your best interest," he said dismissively. "I can admire the bravery, but I don't go around beating innocent creatures up for the hell of it. Please, don't get carried away; I would recommend you do a bit of research on us. The Ardent Guardians. Learn what we do for a living, and the lengths we go to train for such a task, and you will get a general idea of what we are capable of." Latnok began to move towards the stairs, with his companions presumably close behind, not finding the concept of a duel worth entertaining.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2413 Posted: 23:59:00 07/03/2019
Helen was halted at Latnok's statement. He... He just... Dismissed me, like I was nothing to him! A low, feral growl could be heard from her. Spike ordered "Helen, that'll do! Now is NOT the time to let your ego run wild!"
Helen glared a hole into Latnok's skull, essentially outraged at his response to her. She opened the compartment on her collar holding her Mega Stone, and called to him "You don't seem to know what I'm capable of either! This collar isn't just decoration, though it IS aesthetically pleasing. I suppose I could show you a phenomenon I know for a fact you've never seen, but it takes the adrenaline rush of combat to activate. Otherwise, this Houndoominite in my collar is useless."
Despite his already-white coloration, Spike seemed to go pale. "Helen, Mega Evolution isn't supposed to be used just to soothe a bruised ego! ESPECIALLY in a Houndoom! You KNOW full well how painful it was last time!" His words, for now, fell on deaf ears, Helen merely licking her chops as she awaited Latnok's response.
---
#2414 Posted: 00:09:04 08/03/2019
While hours could be long when waiting, Angora entertained herself watching the large variety of insects and lizards that inhabited that place. The area didn't have any more fauna asides that, not even birds, although with much of the Aelinonian's activity around, it didn't surprise Angora why the animals were so limited. Only the sturdiest survived around there. As she continued observing the little creatures from around, she saw a spiked lizard the size of her arm, feeding on ants, the only insect she truly despised. The lizard didn't have to do anything. It just remained there and waited for the ants to pass by. It wasn't startled by Angora, and simply ignored her. What an easy life that lizard had. Just basking in the sun without a care in the world while dinner came to it itself. Since there were no birds or anything that resembled a bigger predator, Angora imagined this lizard had no natural enemies, which explained why it didn't seemed worried about her.
"Heh, what a great life..." she commented with some jealousy, envying the little reptile's carefree attitude.

Ilasi was frozen in a mix of confusion and awe at what had just happened. Was... was that it? Did it really happen? Words couldn't do her feelings any justice at the moment. It was everything she had hoped for.
Despite her efforts to not go overboard, she couldn't suppress a massive, giddy smile. Someone finally cared about her as more than just another person to do labor or be taught as an apprentice. This was more than she had ever hoped for. And for it to happen in such a fashion...
"Well, uh," she said, still not being able to quite look Maverick in the eye, "should we move on? To... the other stuff for today... you know."

"Si, of course... yeah... I mean... we did have a few plans for today, didn't we? But... where to first?" Maverick said with a twisted tongue, quietly guffawing like an idiot as he said those words and scratched the back of his neck. He could barely believe what was happening. This was his first real kiss, and he got it from a mermaid no less. He was still nervous and blushing, but the former barely showed now. He was in such a terrific mood that he didn't mind where he headed first. He didn't even mind anymore if he had to see those awful galuds or terrifying behemoths. As long as he was with Ilasi, he didn't care where he was, or where he headed to. He never knew to distinguish a crush from actual love, but he firmly believed it was a latter, and it was a feeling too wonderful to describe. Was this really it? Did they upgraded from friends to couple?

Dahlia watched everything from the distance, who made no attempts to interrupt them despite her great desire for more petting. She didn't really understood how humans and their counterparts showed affection, but she did know this was a very important moment for that pair, soenthing the buffalo considered too sacred to be interrupted in any way. She even listened to her surroundings to make sure nobody got in the way of such vital moment.
---
#2415 Posted: 00:23:43 08/03/2019
Latnok knew a potentially troublesome situation when he saw one brewing. The mentioned details didn't escape his notice. Sounded like the creature had some sort of transformation ability - Latnok pulled the resonating chime from the side of his pack as he pivoted to face the hellhound creature.
"I swear to the gods, if you pick this place of all places to start a fight, the law here will not take kindly to it, and I will most likely be watching the excruciating show of your death at the arena tonight, if you don't die in combat with me. Now why don't you go and have a drink or something and relax? I want to take it easy, but I'm obligated to protect people, and I would appreciate it if you didn't put me in a position where I had to fulfill such an obligation - I use lethal force when it comes to that." Latnok avoided brandishing his axe immediately, not wishing to escalate the scenario unnecessarily.

"Uh, I think we were going to the merfolk dwellings first... yes, that was it," Ilasi answered. Though she didn't tell Maverick, one of her biggest worries was the ensuing awkwardness of any of the merfolk asking her about her relation to Maverick - some certainty went a long way to resolving that.
"There's a nice pool a bit of a trip away from here that will lead us to the dwellings I came from. I... I think I can guide Dahlia there for us." After all that had happened, Ilasi's confidence got a much-needed boost, which was beginning to manifest.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2416 Posted: 00:23:55 08/03/2019
As Helen began to threaten Latnok-- Raclaw's senses became alert and he prepared to possibly have to defend the Guardian. "Helen--," the fur dragon said as his tail raised in anticipation of an possible attack. "We don't doubt your your abilities nor your collar. Please don't start something you'll regret. This city, this nation-- their laws aren't the kindest and they won't look kindly on the loss of property or life. Just please.. think about it.," he then pleaded finding himself wanting to *defend* the human he loved so much. Chester got behind Raclaw, not wanting to get injured in any pending fight.
---
#2417 Posted: 00:43:02 08/03/2019
Helen blinked and realized the crowd. She shook herself. "Ugh... Fine. Point made."
Spike suddenly realized he was holding his breath, mostly because he let it out. "Oh, thank Arceus… Helen, what the heck happened with you?" The Houndoom didn't respond at first.
When she spoke, it was sudden. "I think I get it now... I was afraid for one simple reason: I could feel your power." She turned her head, standing at her full, mildly impressive height. "I haven't seen someone who was such a threat... Since I first saw Nightmare himself! Such power... It appeals to me in a way I can't put to words..."
Spike piped up. "Helen, please don't wax eloquent right now. I haven't had anything to eat all day."
She turned to him. "Wait, you haven't? Why not?"
Spike bit his tongue. He was about to remind her they ran out of packed supplies yesterday. Instead, he extended an offer. "Why don't you three join us for a while? I'm certain we could learn a lot about this world - and these 'Ardent Guardians' - from you three. And I can tell that Helen is curious, though she would never admit it." Helen turned away. Spike then carefully informed Latnok "I think that would a good way to sate her desire to learn about your strength without needing to fight you. See, she learned at a young age that a quick brawl was a good way to learn about someone, and while that's true among Pokémon, I know it doesn't work in this area. She didn't say it well, but what she's been trying to tell you is how impressed she is by your obvious combat prowess. It's the only reason she challenged you."
---
#2418 Posted: 00:43:43 08/03/2019
Angora continued watching the spectacle, suddenly think how eerily similar this scenario must be to a behemoth feeding in the arena. Just the prisoners practically going towards their demise against a creature they couldn't hope to defeat, just like these ants. The few who managed to climb the reptile had no hope of piercing those strong spikes. Being a bug was truly harsh. They had their own daily behemoths. They were the prey of so many creatures, sometimes even their own species. And to add to it, many didn't even lived a very long life. And yet, they still thrived. They still survived. Angora could in some part relate to them. Not only did she find many insects fascinating, watching them also made her feel good about herself. They made her think she wasn't the only one with a hard life, but at the same time, it made her feel good that she wasn't the smallest creature in the world. That she wasn't the only one struggling to survive.

"Uh, I think we were going to the merfolk dwellings first... yes, that was it," Ilasi answered. Though she didn't tell Maverick, one of her biggest worries was the ensuing awkwardness of any of the merfolk asking her about her relation to Maverick - some certainty went a long way to resolving that.
"There's a nice pool a bit of a trip away from here that will lead us to the dwellings I came from. I... I think I can guide Dahlia there for us." After all that had happened, Ilasi's confidence got a much-needed boost, which was beginning to manifest.

Although Maverick didn't mind where to go first, he was glad the merpeople's place was their first option.
"Hey, no problem! Come on Dahlia!" Maverick quickly called, with the dirt buffalo getting up and heading to them obediently. She wanted to leave them alone, but it seemed like they were done with their alone time, and she was glad to be on their presence again.
"All done now. What do you say Ilasi? Feel ready to mount Dahlia again? Or not yet?" he asked kindly, in such a terrific mood that his positive aura could almost be visible to the naked eye.
---
#2419 Posted: 00:56:13 08/03/2019
Latnok nodded along as Helen stood down and she and Shade provided their explanations. Seemed to be mostly a cultural difference - in which case, such an action was understandable, if inappropriate for the environment. Aelinon was probably the worst place to get into a random fight, as battery was among the myriad of crimes that could get one executed.
"Okay, I see," he said. "Well, if you want to see us in action, we're probably going to be going out to a tavern and looking for a job to take after relaxing here for a bit. Many of those jobs can involve combat, though we've had some success with resolving certain conflicts more peacefully thanks to my two companions here. If you want to talk for a bit, you two are free to come to our room, although I would appreciate it if you take it a bit easy. The staff is probably not the happiest after what happened this... well, after recent events." Latnok didn't refer directly to Raclaw's destruction of the floor, though it was still something which factored into his request.

"I think I can manage it this time," Ilasi said with certainty. As she did, she laid her hands on Dahlia's back, squatting down slightly before springing up - barely managing to push herself up onto the buffalo's back. Once she stabilized herself, she grabbed the reins. Maverick would still, of course, be very helpful, but Ilasi felt comfortable enough to lead Dahlia herself. She would just wait until Maverick got behind her to start moving.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2420 Posted: 01:00:38 08/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile had fallen asleep. In his dream he was in a vast magnificent room with the ceiling made to look of the stars the pillars green and glowing a faint green light and two small streams of liquid silver flowed on ether side of a walkway leading up to a magnificent throne made of gold and emeralds. He himself was covered in blue armor with gold along each piece edge. Soon that faded away in a flash of light and he soon found himself on his space ship but this time with Angora. He suddenly woke up with a jump and looked around. He looked to the stars. “Angora....”
---
SC
#2421 Posted: 01:13:00 08/03/2019
OOC: I'll sorta skip my characters' meal, I don't know the intended layout of the Easy Eyrie. (Did I spell that right?)

Helen shrugged, pretending not to care. Jobs involving combat? I wonder if they have any Mystery Dungeons or whatever? I could use a nice brawl against a big mean... Monster... Thing. Her waving tail clearly indicated her enthusiasm. "C'mon Spike. We'll get something to eat and then meet up with these guys again."
Spike nodded, glad the situation was defused. He informed Latnok "If you'll have us, we'd happily help on whatever mission you find. Helen, for obvious reasons, is a VERY good fighter, and I'm a magic user leaning to air magic and the healing arts - the latter being my specialty."
Helen, as always, was impatient. "Come ON, Spike. All this talking is making me hungry. Let's go before I get 'hangry'."
Spike sighed. "Helen, BREATHING seems to make you hungry. and what's 'hangry' mean?"
Helen gave him an odd look. "I already explained this. Being 'hangry' means you're so hungry it makes you grouchy."
Spike knew an opening for a quip when he saw one. "Oh, that explains it!"
"Explains what?"
"Why you're so grouchy!"
Helen grumbled her usual response. "I'm not grouchy." The duo headed off for food.
---
#2422 Posted: 01:18:29 08/03/2019
"I think I can manage it this time," Ilasi said with certainty. As she did, she laid her hands on Dahlia's back, squatting down slightly before springing up - barely managing to push herself up onto the buffalo's back. Once she stabilized herself, she grabbed the reins. Maverick would still, of course, be very helpful, but Ilasi felt comfortable enough to lead Dahlia herself. She would just wait until Maverick got behind her to start moving.

Maverick got behind Ilasi, blushing all the way. When the dirt buffalo went on the move, she was very gentle in her walk. She left the ship cautiously, not wanting to accidentally slip in the rather low gangplank. With Maverick's watchful eye and Dahlia's ever gentleness, Ilasi successfully managed to guide the buffalo to the pool they wanted, looking more like a giant puddle than anything. As they rode the giant ruminant, a few people did turn to look at them,Maleah's impressive to look at an animal that wasn't normally domesticated being used as a mount.
"Well then Ilasi, I suppose this is the place? I hope you didn't mind the curious ones." Maverick commented as he carefully helped Ilasi down, acting like a polite footman. He didn't know if people stared because of Dahlia or if they wondered if the two of them were in a date, but whatever the reason, he didn't mind. He was loving these moments. Deep inside, he was still worried about Angora, but he knew the troll could take care of herself, so he tried to shake that particular feeling aside.
---
#2423 Posted: 01:49:13 08/03/2019
OOC: Characters would be eating at tables in the lobby, unless they brought their food up to their rooms.

Latnok agreed to the the rendezvous, heading back up to his room with Raclaw and Chester. They would relax a bit there before heading out.
There would, of course, be a chance to talk about the Pokémon they encountered. "So some of Star's old buddies, huh," Latnok said, to no one in particular, as he sat on his bed. "Well, they certainly seem a bit... odd. I'm hoping they can adapt enough to this environment in order to-"
Latnok was cut short by a knock on the door. Was it those two already? He quickly headed over to open it.
It wasn't those two. It was Leoquin. "Hey, Latnok," he said. "How'd everything go?"
"Oh, Shade's coming with us," Latnok said, motioning for Leoquin to enter the room - which the merman did.
"Figures. Oh, well. I know you'll be keeping an eye on him."
"Say, why didn't you bother voting, anyway?" Latnok asked Leoquin. He would've expected Leoquin to stick around for a "no" vote.
"I can't be bothered with the whole matter anymore," Leoquin said. "If he's coming, I know you'll take care of it. And I'll be coming on the journey regardless, so..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2424 Posted: 02:01:28 08/03/2019
As Maverick and Ilasi got off the dirt buffalo, he wondered what he should do with her, but above all, he had been noticing for a while that Ilasi was feeling quite uneasy.
"Is something troubling you Ilasi? If it's Dahlia, we can just leave her here on the surface. I'm sure your magic is strong enough to create a bubble for her too, but I don't think the big girl is ready for such a strong change in scenario yet." Maverick said, complimenting her magic but at the same time trying to get Ilasi to open up. The hybrid was usually clueless about many things, but he was almost certain that wasn't the issue here. Ilasi also got uneasy earlier at the mention of visiting the merpeople, so he believed it had something to do with her home. He didn't want to draw any conclusions, so he simply waited for Ilasi to be ready to tell him on her own time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:08:28 08/03/2019 by Felines
#2425 Posted: 02:12:13 08/03/2019
OOC: Oh, thanks. Meh. I shouldn't be surprised.

Helen grabbed some food, rather clumsily due to her lack of arms, and proceeded to gorge. She used her fire breath on anything not already Well Done, cooking it with almost expert ability. Spike, meanwhile, ate quietly. Then he suddenly asked her "Why aren't you a cook or something?"
Helen looked up and swallowed her mouthful. "Mostly because I tend to, ahem, overdo it when sampling."
Spike groaned. "How are you not a giant blob?"
"Fast metabolism." The usual answer, of course. Spike sighed and adjusted his halo, before actually taking it off and hanging it on one of Helen's horns.
"Here."
Helen blinked but kept eating, and only asked about it when she had finished... It didn't take long, but the amount of food she consumed was startling, even after hearing Spike's comments on her appetite. "Okay, what's the halo doing on my horn?"
Spike grinned. Perfect! "Well, they're the only thing that would hold it up!"
Helen growled. "Very funny. Now take the blasted halo and let's see Latnok!" Spike flinched at her tone and took the halo. He kept forgetting how different his sense of humor was from hers. He loved quips and puns, while her sense of humor was dark, mostly gallows.
The two made their way to Latnok's room, continuing to bicker. "Where's your sense of humor?"
Helen countered "Probably the same place my father is!"
They arrived at Latnok's room, Spike knocking mere moments before Helen barged in. "Helen! You're supposed to wait for an invitation! Geez!"
Helen responded "If I was polite, I'd still be wearing that halo of yours!"
---
#2426 Posted: 02:35:37 08/03/2019
Raclaw was about to comment on the conversation when suddenly-- his senses went off just mere moments before Halen barged in. Once again, his tail rose as what seemed to be someone else's anger clouded his mind. "Helen-- what are you..? You uh.. you could've knocked.," he then said lowering his tail again and avoiding the slight temptation of expanding his floor destroying tail spikes. "Raclaw...," Chester said realizing what had happened and rubbing up against the larger Fur Dragon. "It's alright-- it's alright.," Raclaw said in a quieter tone looking down at the little Beagle.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:37:55 08/03/2019 by redwes
#2427 Posted: 02:50:33 08/03/2019
Helen tilted her head, noting the assortment in the room. Then Spike burst in apologizing at about 30 words per second. "Oh my Arceus I'm so sorry do excuse her she really didn't mean to scare you guys like that even though she'd say she did and- Oh, hi there!" Spike greeted the merman cheerfully.
Helen put a paw to her head. "Spike?"
Spike turned to face her. "Yes?"
"Shut up." Helen shook herself and shrugged at Raclaw. "Eh. Knocking wouldn't have really mattered much, right?" She grinned, sort of. It was clearly an attempt to smile, but she still didn't seem to have the concept down yet. It still looked like she was about to have Raclaw for dinner. "Anyway, I'm fed, I'm here, I'm ready to... Um..." She pleadingly looked at Spike, having talked herself into a corner.
Spike rescued her from the incoming awkward silence. "Well, we're both ready to help if need be. That's what you were saying, though, isn't it, Helen?"
Helen waved her tail, trying to be cheerful despite feeling like she was boiling from the inside out with repressed energy and the usual dark emotions. "Yes, that's exactly what I was saying!" She wanted a fight, but she might get some REALLY nice tussles if she stuck with THIS odd group, whatever the heck they were! C'mon, I feel like I'll EXPLODE if I have to sit still and be 'good' any longer!
---
#2428 Posted: 03:05:08 08/03/2019
Maverick, if anything, was always observant of Ilasi's emotions, even if she didn't intend to broadcast them. "Oh, uh, yeah... that was my biggest concern," she admitted. "Though I think I could create the bubble with the help of a stranger, I was... a bit nervous about it. Also about the, uh... what people might say when... well, uh, nothing to be to worried about now! If Dahlia is fine being out here, then I'll get us started." Ilasi hopped into the pool, and the water would soon cause her to change into her aquatic form. She began creating a bubble, inviting Maverick to hop in when it was ready.

"Oh, having a party today?" Leoquin asked. "Some good ol' Guardian business? Not as fun as a warzone... maybe."
"Just some tavern job to kill some creature or another. You know, to pass the time," Latnok said. "Want to join us?"
"Eh, then you'd have to split pay and all that nonsense..."
"I'm not too worried about that," Latnok said. "What have you been doing in your time here, anyway?"
"Oh, me? Mostly shark hunting and getting wasted at bars, honestly," Leoquin answered. "Visiting some of my galud buddies from time to time. This isn't exactly the tourist destination for me that it is for you guys, or at least a few of you guys, anyway. Maybe I can do something different today. Don't think that thing looks like any of the pet hellhounds I've seen the Guardians with before, and I don't remember you being friends with a fairy... but whatever. So is it cool if I come along, Raclaw?" Leoquin asked. It wasn't quite ingrained into Leoquin to include Chester when asking questions as it was in Latnok and Raclaw.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2429 Posted: 03:17:02 08/03/2019
Spike turned to Leoquin again, calmly correcting him. "She's a part-fiend Houndoom, and her name is Helen. One 'l'. I'm Spike, a half-celestial Togekiss."
Helen turned to Spike. "He guessed half your typing correctly. Forgot the flying type, but whatever."
Spike looked at Helen and gently informed her "I don't think he means a fairy TYPE." Turning to Leoquin a third time, he asked "So there's a kind of fey in this land as well?"
Helen then asked "Wasted? Bars? What are those?"
---
#2430 Posted: 03:22:50 08/03/2019
Maverick, if anything, was always observant of Ilasi's emotions, even if she didn't intend to broadcast them. "Oh, uh, yeah... that was my biggest concern," she admitted. "Though I think I could create the bubble with the help of a stranger, I was... a bit nervous about it. Also about the, uh... what people might say when... well, uh, nothing to be to worried about now! If Dahlia is fine being out here, then I'll get us started." Ilasi hopped into the pool, and the water would soon cause her to change into her aquatic form. She began creating a bubble, inviting Maverick to hop in when it was ready.

It only took that one single phrase for Maverick to suspect what was bothering Ilasi.
"What people might say? I don't think that's such a big issue... is it?" Maverick asked skeptically, tying Dahlia close to the pool so she could have a drink whenever she wanted and loosening up her reigns so she could have more space. He then left her a plate full of oats for her to eat while they were away.
"Besides... I don't think we should worry so much. If it makes you feel any better, I can be just a tourist and that you are showing me the sights... if you're really that worried about other people's opinions that is." Maverick suggested as he entered the bubble, wanting to put Ilasi's mind at ease. He didn't know if that was what Ilasi was really worried about, and hope she wasn't offended by his suggestion if his suspiscions turned out to be wrong. But if not, he assumed that her people was very selective to the friends their own chose, which would explain why she was so uneasy.
---
#2431 Posted: 03:31:05 08/03/2019
"Yeah-- you can come.," Raclaw said with a big smile rather liking Leoquin. His emotions, if Latnok was reading them, seemed to improve with the new company. "Oh Leoquin, these are a couple new friends erm travelers. They don't mean any harm and merely wish to come along to see Latnok in action.," Raclaw explained to Leoquin before turning his attention back towards Helen. "Bars are places where humans and sometimes fur dragons go to drink alcoholic beverages. And if you don't know what alcohol is-- it's a substance that helps calm you down and forget about your worries.," he then tried to explain only having experienced the pleasure not but two months ago. It really did wonders, especially when you had not only yours but others' troubles to deal with as well. Chester remained nearby, but didn't immediately say anything.
---
#2432 Posted: 03:55:13 08/03/2019
Spike looked worriedly at Helen. One could practically hear the gears turning in the Houndoom's head. Problem was, she'd had fermented Berry juice, and as it turns out, she's a mean drunk. "Helen?"
Helen looked at him. "What?"
Spike tried to put it gently. "I really don't think alcohol works well for YOU. Remember that fermented Berry juice a while ago? Alcohol is created by sugar fermenting. As such, that was alcoholic. Do you remember what happened after you drank it?"
"Nope."
"Uh... Well..." He turns to Raclaw. "Let's just say Helen shouldn't have alcohol. She's... Not pleasant. Some people are safe with it. Helen? No."
Helen then remembered the first things Raclaw had said. "Oh, and about seeing Latnok in action... I'm sure I'LL join the fight as well." She displayed a feral grin.
---
#2433 Posted: 12:56:29 08/03/2019
Dex was kind of surprised. He was sure Huntress was going to try to make somekind of trap with sweet talk.... but this was not even close. But after Dex realised She was talking about Sapphire he got Angry ”What ever game you are playing with me you leave her out of this understood....” Dex said clearly Angry even if he was trying to sound calm. ”Wolfman.... (Dex quickly thought about his guild members but there was none like that). What are you talking about? What you want of me?” He said clearly thinking about something. He did not want to follow the plan given to him, but it was pretty sure that Blue was somehow watching this and Dex was worried about what would be his next move if he just told what Blue was planing.... also he really felt that he could not trust Huntress either.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2434 Posted: 14:06:44 08/03/2019
"What I want from you is the truth! Why did you semd spies against me? Is this how you treat your employees? Is that how you say thanks for all the information I gave you?" Huntress demanded to know, not sugarcoat in it anymore. It was possible that the three men were really the ones working for Blue, but she didn't know what scenario was the real one. One thing was certain; ever since meeting Dex, she didn't have any peace anymore. Many were intercepting her. Somehow she was being spied, and one even dared to threaten her life. It all began when she met this fox who asked for her help. She had to know the truth, but above all, bring this dastard water dragon to justice...
---
#2435 Posted: 15:35:25 08/03/2019
”Well I have told you who I am, and there is not much more to it. What my problem with you is that i have been told you are going to give me to the guards. I have some spies, and I can tell you they have never been after you..... someone like you would notice if somebody is following for a long time. So are you going to make sure I am locked down?” Dex said first still Angry, but calming down before the end.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2436 Posted: 15:52:18 08/03/2019
"Give you to the guards? The spy you sent told you that travesty? The only thing I said about you was that you were an acolyte of mine, nothing else. They don't know your name, or even what you are! I'd check my sources if I were you!" Huntress said, not bothering to hide how upset she was herself. She felt so insulted for being spied on. If there was one thing she valued was her privacy and solitude.
"I helped you, I gave you access to the otherwise inaccessible Redwater archives, and look how you repay me! Sending me some disgusting spy to watch my every move! If you don't trust me, why should I do the same for you? My only objective here is stop that dragon, for the safety of Aelinon! Tell me ONE good reason why I shouldn't deliver you to those three men I met? They could be rebels against the dragon as they claim, OR they may work for Blue and lied to me about their allegiance. Whatever the truth is, reuniting with those three with you will quite likely bring the dragon out in the open!" Huntress expressed, not caring if she was sounding threatening. She was frustrated, and was making sure Dex knew how she felt. This betrayal from his part was unacceptable.
---
#2437 Posted: 15:56:27 08/03/2019
Ilasi gave a short frown, having given Maverick the wrong impression. "Oh, that's not it..." she said. "It's nothing to be ashamed of... just... people who know me may bother me for a minute or two. That's all." Ilasi couldn't help but wonder - was Maverick ashamed of being associated with her? She sincerely hoped that wasn't the case. She tried to put the worry in the back of her mind, attempting to convince herself that it was just Maverick being considerate for her possible feelings on the matter.

"Joining in the action... I'd like to see how that turns out," Latnok said enthusiastically. "Well, then, we're going to head to one of the many taverns. Taverns are popular meeting places, on account of being a good environment to eat and drink and socialize, so jobs are often posted there since people gather there."
"They're also a pretty good place to watch people beat the crap out of each other in fight pits," Leoquin said. "Of course, claws and fangs and the like aren't exactly welcome in such brawls, so..."
"If we're all ready to go, I'll lead the way," Latnok said, as he grabbed the bone spear he left lying on the wall at a corner of the room before securing it to his back.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2438 Posted: 16:04:56 08/03/2019
Ilasi gave a short frown, having given Maverick the wrong impression. "Oh, that's not it..." she said. "It's nothing to be ashamed of... just... people who know me may bother me for a minute or two. That's all." Ilasi couldn't help but wonder - was Maverick ashamed of being associated with her? She sincerely hoped that wasn't the case. She tried to put the worry in the back of her mind, attempting to convince herself that it was just Maverick being considerate for her possible feelings on the matter.

Maverick pulled some of his mullet, realizing, though not surprised that he misinterpreted a situation yet again.
"Lo siento Ilasi. Didn't mean to imply anything. It's just that... you seem so worried. I thought... well, you know..." Maverick said, preferring not to elaborate on the matter in fear to make things worse.
"I won't mind though. And I can try to help if things get a little too uncomfortable to you. It'll be nice to give a good impression for once. It's cool of you to want to present to me your people..." he then expressed, trying to somehow relieve the atmosphere.

In other times, Dahlia would try to help make things better, but on this occasion, she was focused on her bigger than usual meal to bother this time...
---
#2439 Posted: 16:30:16 08/03/2019
With Maverick securely in the bubble, Ilasi brought it below the surface of the water, where it eventually sealed. The new underwater environment wasn't like where they had been before; it was much more clean and angular, the passageway being a result of a construction project rather than events of nature.
There wasn't any wildlife through the myriad of aquatic roads. The path was lit by the same sun crystals that lit up the caves underground. Mermen and mermaids could be seen moving about through many of the paths - a more common sight here than they were on the surface.
One path would eventually lead to a somewhat long tunnel. After several minutes, the duo would reach a small complex of underwater buildings, mostly constructed of limestone. Merfolk both old and young could be seen fluttering about as they went about their business or engaged in frolicking, respectively.
"Well, this is one of the many dwellings," Ilasi said. "This is where I grew up." Fortunately, Maverick had his bubble if he wanted to lay back and rest; the "furniture" the merfolk had wouldn't exactly be comfortable for terrestrial races.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2440 Posted: 16:47:46 08/03/2019
Maverick watched everything in wonder, clearly this being a far different world to what he was use to. Everything went smoothly, and nobody seemed to pay attention to them even if he was somewhat of a rare sight.
"Well now, it may be because I'm new, but I wouldn't have minded growing up in a place like this. Now I wish I could've been part merman instead." he said jokingly, being too existed eyeing everything to bother sitting.
"Merpeople have it made. You can breathe underwater and live in the ocean, or you can just go to the surface if you decide to live there instead, and you don't need any special equipment or anything to breathe in either place. You have two different worlds you can visit at any time." Maverick then complimented, admiring every corner of that place. He couldn't understand why Ilasi was against visiting her home, but as fascinating as it was to him, he imagined that even such a beautiful place could become tiresome if you lived in it for way too long.
---
#2441 Posted: 17:00:27 08/03/2019
"Well... like I said, the biggest issue we have is the surface," Ilasi said. "On the surface, you have to deal with weather. When it rains, well, we just have to slither around on the ground until a few hours after it ends." As Ilasi spoke, the two moved closer and closer to the heart of the dwelling. There was a sort of town square in the center, where many of the merfolk had stands set up selling various kinds of goods.

As Shade dreamed, the captain pointed the remote control device at Shade, and gave the collar the command to wake him. "Get up," he ordered. "The wyvern riders will be with you soon. You're headed to Redwater, where your Guardian friends will teach you a little more discipline. I hear they're going to kill you the moment you act up. Considering your track record... I'm looking forward to it." The captain made absolutely no effort to hide his disdain.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2442 Posted: 17:06:14 08/03/2019
Helen licked her chops, not quite aware of how predatory it made her look. She gestured for Spike to follow her, and nodded to Latnok. She'd never been one to say no to a chance for a good fight, especially since so few people gave her one. Spike merely sighed. "More fighting and dying, but in many cases a monster simply won't respond to speech, so slaying it is sadly, the only choice."
Helen rolled her eyes. "Save the speech for later. I've got a job to find and a fight to win!" I'll show them all just what I'm made of! And it's NOT sugar and spice! Well, maybe spice. Her tail was wagging, a rare sight. She stretched her wings out before folding them again. "Ready when you are!"
---
#2443 Posted: 17:43:05 08/03/2019
"Well... like I said, the biggest issue we have is the surface," Ilasi said. "On the surface, you have to deal with weather. When it rains, well, we just have to slither around on the ground until a few hours after it ends." As Ilasi spoke, the two moved closer and closer to the heart of the dwelling. There was a sort of town square in the center, where many of the merfolk had stands set up selling various kinds of goods.

Maverick listened as he continued looking around, imaging how uncomfortable it was to have to slither around places.
"Well, it's still quite a nice lifestyle, though I suppose like any other one, it's bound to have it's perks. It must be quite uncomfortable dragging yourself around, but hey, at least you have me to carry you around when that happens, and I'm sure Dahlia with gently pick you up and put you on her back if she sees you're unable to move very well." Maverick stated, knowing Ilasi would have no trouble moving around anymore now that she had them.

As he talked, Maverick took the opportunity to look around. Locals selling stuff from around or traveling merchants like himself? Seeing these merfolks selling things made him miss the times where he did the same, but for now, it was his turn to be the customer. But it was so hard to choose just one stand. There was just too much variety. One sold home utensils, like lamps, jewelery boxes and kitchen tools, another sold clothing of all kinds, whether they were casual or armors, another sold weapons of all kinds, made out of coral and other sea dwellings. A more pleasant looking one sold jewelery from different kind of stones, and even had clams with pearls in them of different colors for those who prefer their stones in their natural state. There was so much to choose from. Maverick felt like a kid in a toy store, who just wished he could pick everything and get it over with, but of course, he didn't want to get greedy and choose just what he felt needed or simply really wanted. He had plenty of money, but it wasn't infinite, so he wanted to control himself.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#2444 Posted: 21:38:53 08/03/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade jumped up. “I’m awake!” He said. “Wait? I’m going back? I’m going to see my family again?” He said as his head perked up. He was hoping Angora would be there.
---
SC
#2445 Posted: 23:33:39 08/03/2019
Quote: darknessdawn
Helen licked her chops, not quite aware of how predatory it made her look. She gestured for Spike to follow her, and nodded to Latnok. She'd never been one to say no to a chance for a good fight, especially since so few people gave her one. Spike merely sighed. "More fighting and dying, but in many cases a monster simply won't respond to speech, so slaying it is sadly, the only choice."
Helen rolled her eyes. "Save the speech for later. I've got a job to find and a fight to win!" I'll show them all just what I'm made of! And it's NOT sugar and spice! Well, maybe spice. Her tail was wagging, a rare sight. She stretched her wings out before folding them again. "Ready when you are!"

"You won't be the only one fighting-- Latnok and I are an well oiled machine by now. And for tracking purposes, no-one can beat the nose of an hunting dog.," Raclaw responded picking up on Helen's emotions and looking at Chester with a smirk. "That being said, our unique ability to actually talk to some of the things we hunt actually has resulted in less violent ends. But at the end of the day, we do what we have to.," he then said actually looking forward to seeing what this 'Helen' could do in combat. His tail and the gleaming gold metal tail band were ready to show off.
---
#2446 Posted: 00:28:55 09/03/2019
Ilasi looked around herself, considering any of the stands she might want to peruse. Her attention, however, was soon hijacked by a fellow mermaid, around her size and with shorter hair.
"Ilasi!" she called out as she approached. "Long time no see. How have things been?"
Ilasi turned around to address the newcomer. "Oh, hello Gria. Nothing too much. Just showing this gentleman around."
"Ooh! So you're the one who brought him here!" Seemingly ignorant about the possibilities, Gria swam right over to the bubble containing Maverick. "Hello, handsome!" she greeted. "We don't see people like you here every day. Are you a human? Wait... you have a bit too much hair for that. I think. I would love to feel your hair..."
Ilasi tried to suppress her anger. Maybe Gria was just being particularly friendly... or maybe she didn't realize that Ilasi and Maverick were a couple. With no immediate reaction from Ilasi besides a slightly uncomfortable look, the next moment would be up to Maverick.

Such display of happiness by Shade at the prospect of seeing his family again so angered the captain, he pointed the remote at Shade and issued the "Rack" command, only to stop it a few seconds later.
"Family? Family? Do you know how many of us will never get to see our families again because of you? And you have the nerve to try to parade that around us? No - both we and the Ardent Guardians are of the opinion that constant reliance on your "family" has become a problem in regards to your discipline, as it makes you nigh uncontrollable without them. You will learn how to manage without them. Now get ready. The wyvern riders are here to escort you." The captain fiddled with the remote in his hand, tempted to issue the command again but not wishing to go overboard.
"Uh, Captain," one of the soldiers said. "Was that really neces-"
"Yes, it was completely necessary," the captain said. "This monster will never understand the seriousness of his actions otherwise.

Once everyone was settled, Latnok began to lead the way to one of the many taverns in the city. Taking a slightly different route (if only for the sake of exploring), Latnok entered the first tavern he found. It, just like all of the others, was a frenetic environment of drinking and merriment. A group of troubadours was currently playing a song with singing and various musical instruments, and a brawl was happening in one of the fight pits as many people cheered.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2447 Posted: 00:48:10 09/03/2019
Ilasi looked around herself, considering any of the stands she might want to peruse. Her attention, however, was soon hijacked by a fellow mermaid, around her size and with shorter hair.
"Ilasi!" she called out as she approached. "Long time no see. How have things been?"
Ilasi turned around to address the newcomer. "Oh, hello Gria. Nothing too much. Just showing this gentleman around."
"Ooh! So you're the one who brought him here!" Seemingly ignorant about the possibilities, Gria swam right over to the bubble containing Maverick. "Hello, handsome!" she greeted. "We don't see people like you here every day. Are you a human? Wait... you have a bit too much hair for that. I think. I would love to feel your hair..."
Ilasi tried to suppress her anger. Maybe Gria was just being particularly friendly... or maybe she didn't realize that Ilasi and Maverick were a couple. With no immediate reaction from Ilasi besides a slightly uncomfortable look, the next moment would be up to Maverick.

Maverick had been distracted seeing other two stands, one selling aquatic pets like sea horses and flounders and another one with small statues, when his attention was unavoidably drifted away to the mermaid suddenly invading his bubble and taking quite a bit of space.
"Oh, hola there señorita. Um, well yes, I'm human, the hair is due to a bit of fawn ancestry actually. Some believe they are extinct, but a few hybrids like myself exist." Maverick explained kindly, before realizing what the lady asked of him. Now things were getting awkward. It was in a way, a normal request for him given this wasn't the first time somebody asked such a thing from him, but he was afraid it would make Ilasi jealous. However, he didn't want to be rude either by denying her.
"My hair? Eh... sure... I guess. A little..." he said as he extended his arm, trying to get to the edge of the bubble to avoid having Gria so close to him. He didn't even know other merpeople could get inside just like that. He was glad that me managed to make such a great impression, but at the same time, too much attention was making him a bit uncomfortable...
---
#2448 Posted: 00:56:08 09/03/2019
With Maverick offering his arm, Gria reached right out, into the bubble, and grabbed it, feeling it with both hands. Though it wasn't as soft as wool on the surface, it was nevertheless pleasant to the touch.
"Ooh, wow... a different language. A foreigner! And do you work out?" she flirted, as she continued to feel Maverick's arm.
Ilasi was growing increasingly annoyed, though she was successful in hiding it, for now at least. The worst part was that Gria was actually a good friend - Ilasi doubted that Gria was deliberately trying to upset her. She just had a rather straightforward personality and could sometimes be rather impolite when she got carried away.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:16:13 09/03/2019 by A Guy
#2449 Posted: 01:14:04 09/03/2019
"Uh, no, not actually. Just the normal. Carrying stuffs and such..." Maverick said nervously, having forgotten his tendency to attract women, sometimes of different races like this was the case. In other ocassions, he would've been very welcoming of the attention, but he was almost in a relationship right now, and he didn't want to upset Ilasi. Desperate to get Gria off him before she became even more forward, he changed the subjects.
"So many stands! I... I do want a reminder of this place. Anything recommended?" he asked, wanting so badly to put his arm away, but being the ever kind and polite young man he was, he didn't do it.

Somewhere near the behemoth pens, Angora had watched the lizard feeling on the ants for a while. As fascinating as the spectacle was, it became boring and monotonous after a long while. She didn't want to pester anybody, so she didn't ask anybody if the behemoth had arrived. She would instead wait until somebody intercepted her. To keep passing the time, Angora turned on her back this time, lying on the rather hard soil to look at the sky, making up shapes out of the clouds as they went by. It was an activity she usually did with Maverick and Shade when they travelled together. It made her miss those times so much. But as soon as tomorrow, they will be together again. Maybe not under the same circumstances as those times, but it was still something. Nobody has ever loved her like those two, and that was a feeling she never wanted to leave behind.
---
#2450 Posted: 01:37:36 09/03/2019
"What I recommend? Well, Ilasi herself makes some decent souvenirs," Gria said, without relinquishing her grip. "But I don't know if she has any of them right now. Ooh... I could make you something! A necklace made of clams! So you'll always have a clam to remember-"
"I think I can handle it," Ilasi said. "Or maybewe should leave Maverick to do some browsing!"
"Oh, of course," Gria said, as she finally released her grip. "Sorry."
"So... how have my parents been doing, anyway?"
"Grump as always," Gria said dryly, as she rolled her eyes. "'Should've raised her better' or something like that. They think you should've stayed here with them."
Ilasi was neither disappointed nor surprised. The real irony was them wanting her to stay despite how much they have voiced disapproval of her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 49 of 50 | Last
1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me