Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 44 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#2151 Posted: 03:32:39 16/02/2019
"Martial law has been declared and this area is rather popular with tourists. They should clear out soon.," Raclaw explained with a faint smile somewhat surprised how eager Angora was to find *him* of all people. "You get used to it, but it can get crowded around this time.," Chester said sounding to Angora as a series of barks followed by a slight whine. " The little dog was evidently used to talking to people, seeing as how both Raclaw and Latnok could now understand him. "Chester says you get used to it.," Raclaw quickly translated. Chester stayed between Raclaw/Latnok and Angora, welcoming affection from ether party. The two furry pals weren't sure exactly why Angora wanted to talk to them, but would let her speak in her own time.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2152 Posted: 04:53:48 16/02/2019
"Hmm... I see... so that's what the crier was talking about." Angora commented casually, more to herself than anybody else. The crowd was finally calming down, especially now already that she already received most of the hustle and bustle of the people. The town crier's voice was what woke her up that morning, but she went back to sleep and didn't listen to the words.

She looked at Chester, and could tell he was waiting for something, but she wasn't in the mood for any slobbery affections, so she desisted any form of petting. But now that she had gotten their attention, she began to talk about what she came for. She took out the spider fang and showed it to them.
"I... I forgot to tell him yesterday... eh, thank you... for this..." Angora stammered, with her hands trembling severely. Even though she spoke to Raclaw, it was more than clear the message was meant for Latnok, but she didn't want to look at him. She felt so pathetic for feeling this way, but the truth was she was still quite afraid of him. She still believed yesterday's kindness was a result of him being hopelessly intoxicated, so she was very much terrified of how Latnok would react right now seeing her with that fang. If he didn't remember giving it to her, worse case scenario would be that he would believe she stole it and rudely take it away from her, even in public. She was in part very glad that Chester and Raclaw were there, cause if that indeed happened, they were witnesses to Latnok's gifting.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2153 Posted: 13:05:38 16/02/2019
One of the three men came to Huntress. ”It is great to see you. We where afraid you would not come at all. So you are ready to help? We need to get the fox, when we have him we will know where to find Blue. He works for him because of the money, but if his and his girls life and future is on the line, he will stab the dragon in the back and tell us everything. We can find him for you, but be ready he is not alone for sure.” The man said.

Dex was walking in the shadows of the city. He knew he could not go to the black market now, and he would have to wait for the time to go to see The Huntress. One of the guild members came to him ”Here you are leader. We have found some of the group you send us to find. They are in this inn (giving a note).”
”There is still time.... so I can go now” Dex tought. ”Lead me to there.” He then said. ”Yes leader” the guild member answered.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2154 Posted: 14:09:06 16/02/2019
Latnok followed along through the crowd - rather curious as to why Angora would seek them out yet again. Thanks to the keen senses of his companions, they were rather quick to pinpoint Angora amongst the crowd, despite the hustle and bustle.
Angora didn't seem to be trying to speak to him, however. Not surprising at all. "You can bring your conversation inside," Latnok telepathed to Raclaw. "I'm not standing around here in the middle of the street."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2155 Posted: 16:21:44 16/02/2019
Angora was rather disappointed that Latnok didn't seem to be paying attention to her. She really wanted to demonstrate what she meant, but the sound of the crowd was drowning out her voice. She was ready to follow them to a more peaceful place, so that she could finally get this over with...

Quote: cyndego
One of the three men came to Huntress. ”It is great to see you. We where afraid you would not come at all. So you are ready to help? We need to get the fox, when we have him we will know where to find Blue. He works for him because of the money, but if his and his girls life and future is on the line, he will stab the dragon in the back and tell us everything. We can find him for you, but be ready he is not alone for sure.” The man said.

Huntress scoffed at that last comment, already experiencing that by herself.
"Heh, of course he isn't. Someone that pathetically small must have allies. Listen, I manage to arrange a meeting with him tomorrow. You just wait here, and that's where we'll have him." Huntress said, not getting into too much detail. She still wasn't certain if delivering Dex or the other way around, but she would do anything necessary to get to the main target... Blue.
---
#2156 Posted: 17:13:52 16/02/2019
"Oh... I could imagine..." Ilasi let out weakly. "Seems lkke it would be pretty fun. Pretty relaxing." Ilasi was once again reminded of just how much Maverick missed his companions. There would be little he or she could do about the situation; it wore on him all the same, however. She almost felt bad for wanting to go for a day out while he had them to worry about.
Before the awkward atmosphere could build up any further, one of the merman bartenders came over to Ilasi and Maverick. "Good morning," he said. "What can I get for you today? Looks like you're new here; most people who come here are interested in the more sweet drinks, though we have the typical beer or ale if that's your thing."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2157 Posted: 17:44:34 16/02/2019
"Just an iced tea for me, please." Maverick asked kindly,mtrying to lift up his mood to prevent Ilasi from feeling sad or uncomfortable. Dahlia was looking around, though she had caught the hybrid's melancholy and remained close to him...

Angora followed the unusual trio of friends, not knowing if they were staying at another inn or if they were going someplace else. One thing was certain; she had to take something off her chest, and also prove something...
---
#2158 Posted: 19:08:37 16/02/2019
Ilasi was just a tad bit disappointed by Maverick's more conservative choice. "I'll have some cider, please," she requested politely. Maybe Maverick would follow suit...
The bartender quickly readied some cider from the tap and handed Ilasi her drink. "The iced tea will take just a bit more time to prepare," he informed Maverick, as he got to doing just that.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2159 Posted: 19:53:08 16/02/2019
Maverick could sense Ilasi's disappointment, as could Dahlia, and while she remained put and behaving, he tried to start some conversation.
"Well... pretty place. Much variety of everything. Came here often?" he asked, wondering if Ilasi ever visited here or if she was simply trying something new as well...
---
#2160 Posted: 20:27:56 16/02/2019
”Very Well. We will give you untill the end of tomorrow. If we dont have Dex captured untill then we must move out. If you manage to get him, he should be taken by the guards, we will not have enough resourses to keep him if Blue comes after him, but he can not go out against an army.” The man answered.

”There they are” the guild member said. Dex saw the group but said ”Yes good work, but there is just too many people here. You can go now, I will find my chance to talk with them” Dex said and started to follow the group from the shadows.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2161 Posted: 20:46:12 16/02/2019
Quote: cyndego
”Very Well. We will give you untill the end of tomorrow. If we dont have Dex captured untill then we must move out. If you manage to get him, he should be taken by the guards, we will not have enough resourses to keep him if Blue comes after him, but he can not go out against an army.” The man answered.

Huntress thought very hard about it. It was too much to take in at once. Dex could have fooled her into thinking he needed help and information about this so called Brotherhood of Assasins, but then again, what if he was the rebel and these three men were only pretending they were rebels in order to deliver Dex to their dragon master. Even so, the only way she believed she could know who was working for whom was to get Dex and these three men reunited. Perhaps it was the only way to get the main beast to finally show up it's sneaky, cowardly tail.
---
#2162 Posted: 21:44:37 16/02/2019
Quote: A Guy
Latnok followed along through the crowd - rather curious as to why Angora would seek them out yet again. Thanks to the keen senses of his companions, they were rather quick to pinpoint Angora amongst the crowd, despite the hustle and bustle.
Angora didn't seem to be trying to speak to him, however. Not surprising at all. "You can bring your conversation inside," Latnok telepathed to Raclaw. "I'm not standing around here in the middle of the street."
Quote: Felines
Angora followed the unusual trio of friends, not knowing if they were staying at another inn or if they were going someplace else. One thing was certain; she had to take something off her chest, and also prove something...

"Come on-- let's go inside and get you out of the crowd.," Raclaw said as he led them back towards the familiar sight of the Easy Eyrie. Stepping back once again into the crowded lobby, through the various hallways, and into the trio's comfortable room that had served as their own personal sanctuary for the last several days-- Raclaw invited Angora in with a gentle smile. "Feel free to sit wherever is comfortable.," he said hoping the space would help open her up more. It was clear that Raclaw wasn't the *only* reason for Angora's having showed up so soon again. And perhaps he could help persuade her.

The options for sitting including Latnok's bed once again, an originary-but-comfortable chair, and the large plush 'bed' that had been met for large quadrupel creatures such as Raclaw himself. To Chester, the bed was like the most comfortable dog bed in the world-- with Raclaw's fluffy body and feathery wings serving as a living blanket at night. In fact, it could probably fit multiple Chesters or multiple Angoras. It really was quite big.. and fluffy!
---
#2163 Posted: 23:09:00 16/02/2019
"Oh, I've never been here myself," Ilasi said. "I've seen this place in passing a few times, however, and I've heard some pretty good things about it." Ilasi took a few sips of her cider; it proved to be rather potent, as far as ciders typically went. She would have to take her time with this one...

Once the group was settled down in their room, Latnok took a seat on his bed, taking a look at Angora. "How kind of you to visit us again," Latnok said lightheartedly. "Well, now, we know you're not just here for the hell of it - what is it that you need of us?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2164 Posted: 23:24:34 16/02/2019
Angora shook her head a little, taking his last comment as some sort of surpressed hostility. Instead of sitting on one of the comfortable chairs and bed,Moshe sat on the floor... and after much hesitation, she took out the spider fang Latnok gave her yesterday, finally addressing to him instead of Raclaw, although she was still avoiding direct eye contact.
"I... forgot to thank you... for this..." she said, extending her arm to show him the fang, and believing that he was going to insult her for supposedly stealing it. One look at her eyes, and anyone could see she was terrified... of Latnok. It was a trauma she still hadn't gotten over with. Her arm wasn't shaking as severely as before, but she was now also sweating, expecting some sort of violent reaction from him...

"Oh, I've never been here myself," Ilasi said. "I've seen this place in passing a few times, however, and I've heard some pretty good things about it." Ilasi took a few sips of her cider; it proved to be rather potent, as far as ciders typically went. She would have to take her time with this one...

Maverick gave her a small smile, understanding now what she was doing.
"Coming to places you couldn't have the time or afford before, don't you?" he asked with a raised eyebrow, teasing her. But he didn't mind at all. He was more than happy he was able to provide all the good times Ilasi had to miss due to work and lack of resources.
---
#2165 Posted: 23:52:07 16/02/2019
Latnok took a look at the fang for a moment, as it quivered in Angora's grasp. "I'm glad you like it enough to come back here to thank me when you would prefer not to," he said, as he began to fiddle around with the fletchings on one of his arrows. "Now, if you want to have a conversation with Raclaw here, then by all means, go ahead. I'll... go do something else." Despite Angora's efforts to address him first, Latnok still doubted that she was actually here to see him, and believed that she simply saw him as someone she had to tolerate to speak to Raclaw.

When Maverick finished his jabbing attempt at humor, Ilasi turned away in a deep sense of shame and embarrassment. "Oh, uh... no, that's... that's not... I'll... I'll cover my own drink... thanks," she said awkwardly, as one of the bartenders couldn't help but notice, though he was busy attending to other orders. Ilasi wanted nothing more than to be away from this place now, regretting that she ever suggested it. In a fit of nervousness, she took a gulp of her cider. Being neither a heavy person nor a frequent drinker, she was already starting to feel the effects of the beverage.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2166 Posted: 00:10:32 17/02/2019
Maverick immediately went to her, realizing how ridiculous his attempt to tease her was.
"I was only kidding Ilasi! It... it was a joke! I'm sorry! Lo siento!" Maverick apologized, immediately taking one of the milk bottles from Alya's father and giving it to her to drink since he didn't have any immediate access to water.
"It was a stupid joke Ilasi. Nothing more." he insisted, with Dahlia getting closer. She didn't understand human language, but she did know something was up with Ilasi, so she tried to give her some comfort like she had done with Maverick just a moment ago.

Latnok took a look at the fang for a moment, as it quivered in Angora's grasp. "I'm glad you like it enough to come back here to thank me when you would prefer not to," he said, as he began to fiddle around with the fletchings on one of his arrows. "Now, if you want to have a conversation with Raclaw here, then by all means, go ahead. I'll... go do something else." Despite Angora's efforts to address him first, Latnok still doubted that she was actually here to see him, and believed that she simply saw him as someone she had to tolerate to speak to Raclaw.

But unlike what they believed, Angora hadn't been there to talk to Raclaw. She just wanted to test Latnok and confirm that his gift had been genuine and not a result of alcohol.
"No... no no no, I just came here for that. It's... just, I will be on my way now." Angora said quickly, putting on her hood in some embarrassment, and getting ready to leave. Although she was rather glad that Latnok did indeed remembered giving that fang to her, he still didn't have the reaction she had been hoping for. She felt so ridiculous for still being afraid of him, but after the way Sere treated her, she didn't want to risk Latnok having second thoughts about his kindness and start being his old, cruel self again. One Guardian abusing her was bad enough, but having the two of them gaining on her like in the past was going to be too much for her. Even though she had wanted to talk and even befriend Raclaw in the past, now that he was so close to this man, she was having second thoughts...
---
#2167 Posted: 00:34:11 17/02/2019
Ilasi was immediately accepting of the milk provided by Maverick, drinking some of it to chase the cider with. After the initial embarrassment, she soon began to regret the small scene she seemed to have made.
"Oh, it's fine - oh, don't worry," Ilasi said. "I... I just take things too much to heart sometimes. And I don't want you to feel like I just want to take advantage of you. Please. That's definitely not what I want." Ilasi took another sip of her cider before continuing.
"I just came here to... to loosen up a bit, you know? I think you should join me. Come on - try something."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2168 Posted: 02:20:07 17/02/2019
But unlike what they believed, Angora hadn't been there to talk to Raclaw. She just wanted to test Latnok and confirm that his gift had been genuine and not a result of alcohol.
"No... no no no, I just came here for that. It's... just, I will be on my way now." Angora said quickly, putting on her hood in some embarrassment, and getting ready to leave. Although she was rather glad that Latnok did indeed remembered giving that fang to her, he still didn't have the reaction she had been hoping for. She felt so ridiculous for still being afraid of him, but after the way Sere treated her, she didn't want to risk Latnok having second thoughts about his kindness and start being his old, cruel self again. One Guardian abusing her was bad enough, but having the two of them gaining on her like in the past was going to be too much for her. Even though she had wanted to talk and even befriend Raclaw in the past, now that he was so close to this man, she was having second thoughts...

"Angora-- WAIT!," Raclaw said urgently catching up to the troll before she had a chance to leave. "I know you and Latnok have had some.. differences in the past, but perhaps a fresh start is in order. I like you and I like him-- and I just want the two of you to be able to get along. Latnok is really a kind man once you get to know him and.. and I believe you will see the same once you truly see who he is. Please stay, both of you, and let's.. just talk. Perhaps here and now, we can resolve any differences and truly understand each other. Please.. just give each other a chance. For me.," he then said almost tearing up as finally spoke up on the matter. He had wanted to say *something* to somehow reintroduce the two and now was better than never.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:58 17/02/2019 by redwes
#2169 Posted: 03:03:06 17/02/2019
Angora dropped her ears, and glared at him. She waited for Latnok to be out of the picture before speaking.
"Get to know him? Get to know him? For how long?" Angora said sarcastically, making Raclaw recall for how long she and Latnok had known each other.
"I did noticed he treats you far better. What did you do? Hmm? Act like a slave? Bow to him? Or wait, maybe I should grow wings and fluff and look adorable, perhaps that way, he can finally treat me well! And it's not just him of course. All of the sudden, Sere is treating me awful too. What am I suppose to do? They let Shade suffer, they treated even someone as nice and Maverick bad, and then there's me. They insult me, humiliate me, belittle me and even spoke terrible things about me to that entire crew! But no, they're afraid that I would badmouth them, when they do precisely that and more." Angora expressed, in an eerily calm voice. She didn't cry, having shed enough tears that day. But she clenched her fist to show her frustration, unable to comprehend why Raclaw chose to befriend that man of all people, especially after all he has witnessed.

Ilasi was immediately accepting of the milk provided by Maverick, drinking some of it to chase the cider with. After the initial embarrassment, she soon began to regret the small scene she seemed to have made.
"Oh, it's fine - oh, don't worry," Ilasi said. "I... I just take things too much to heart sometimes. And I don't want you to feel like I just want to take advantage of you. Please. That's definitely not what I want." Ilasi took another sip of her cider before continuing.
"I just came here to... to loosen up a bit, you know? I think you should join me. Come on - try something."

"Por favor Ilasi. I do these things for you because I want to, not because I feel forced or anything. Come on. Let's just enjoy our stay here. I have more milk bottles if you want to." Maverick assured, having picked a few dozens of those bottles and barely having used some as of now. He liked teasing Ilasi, but not if it meant hurting her feelings.
---
#2170 Posted: 03:56:51 17/02/2019
Raclaw took a few moments to gather his thoughts before responding to the very much damaged Angora. "I.. I gave him a chance and, in return, he has been kind to me. I did nothing beyond what I would've done for anyone else and I was there when he needed someone the most.," he started to say trying to be VERY CAREFUL with his words. "Shade-- I miss him and I do hope he is doing well, but that matter was beyond their control. Once Shade stepped onto Aulinon territory, he became subject to their laws and their consequences. These are the same laws that deem you a subject under Maverick and I.. the Guardians. These laws cannot be so easily changed and until they do; we are all bound to them Guardian or non-Guardian.," he said truly meaning what he said regarding Shade. It was unfortunate what had happened, but there was only so much they could do about it now. Lives had been taken.

"As for you and Mav-- believe me when I say this. Nothing of that sort was said to the crew at least not directly. They only observed your reactions to Sere/others and relayed those reactions among those they regularly talked with. And Latnok-- he didn't understand you like he does now. He didn't understand that your reactions.. that your reactions were normal and weren't an cause for concern. But now he does. He knows how you feel now and he can reinterpret you and what he knows of you based off of what he saw. I'm sorry Angora-- I'm sorry for everything that has happened to you. And Mav. And Shade.," Raclaw said drooping his ears. "Admittingly, some things have been taken too far. But.. but it's never too late to change that. For the better.," he then said looking at both Latnok and Angora. He really did like both of them and even though he was now both deeply bonded to and owned (after an fashion) by Latnok-- he really did want them to finally resolve their differences. He only hoped that it wasn't too late and that he hadn't waited too long.
---
#2171 Posted: 04:26:36 17/02/2019
Angora listened, but she didn't accept his reasoning. She did believe Latnok would go to his old ways once they were on the ship.
"Understand me? He will never do. Is the reason why he's being kind to me now is because of you? Or to ease himself? Come on, do you want me to believe he's doing this for me? All this abuse... it just keeps going on and on and on! And Sere, who treated me polite before, even he started to treat me so awful, out of the blue. Can you believe he even threaten me today? And he's more than willing to let Shady die if he sees it fit. You claim he can't help... but that's a lie! The Guardians provide Aelinon with their weapons and many of their resources. Don't you think that alone would be enough to give them more power than the Aelinonians? But of course, go against the awful dragon and the ugly troll. No matter what good I do, I'll never be worthy of their help. All their best interests. Look at me now! They left me with nothing! And they... especially Sere, just keep treating me so, so, so badly! Like I'm not worth anything! Like I'm nothing but a disgusting load that gets in their way! All the good things I did, yet they meant nothing to them. The pain just keeps going. Shade is in custody, and Maverick now has Ilasi! He doesn't need me anymore. I'm back to square one! Alone and unloved, just like when I ran away from my dastard parents! I should've died in that arena! The pain would've finally been over then. Nobody would've been able to hurt me. All those evil people, they wouldn't have been able to reach me at last! Isn't it obvious? I'm destined to suffer." Angora concluded, unable to cry but putting her hands on her head, looking like someone who was on the verge of losing their sanity.

The only things that kept her hopeful was the fact that, asides Shade and Maverick still being alive, was that there was someone else out there, willing to help her and somebody that didn't judge her from the very beginning like so many had done. There was also, in part, Neo, who chose her, and nobody else. He who relied on her and helped her, even if he didn't do a very good job with advices. There was still hope within her, hop was getting harder to grasp with all the stinging pain and despair she felt, and all the abuse she had endured and strongly believed would continue. But it existed.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:55 17/02/2019 by Felines
#2172 Posted: 16:52:36 18/02/2019
With Maverick's efforts at comforting her, Ilasi gave him the best smile she could manage. "Oh, I appreciate it," she said. "It's okay to be honest with me, though. It's best that we know where we each stand. Now... why don't you tell me how you really feel about all of this?" Ilasi, though slowing down her drinking, still took another sip of cider, the alcohol helping to calm her nerves. In the meantime, the bartender placed Maverick's iced tea right by him on the counter.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2173 Posted: 17:05:02 18/02/2019
"What do I feel?" Maverick asked, wondering why Ilasi would ask something like that, or if it was a result of his bad joke.
"I think we're having fun. Visiting many terrific places from your hometown and just having a good time." he answered, being sincere but brief, not wanting to say anything that could offend Ilasi.
---
#2174 Posted: 21:56:12 18/02/2019
Angora listened, but she didn't accept his reasoning. She did believe Latnok would go to his old ways once they were on the ship.
"Understand me? He will never do. Is the reason why he's being kind to me now is because of you? Or to ease himself? Come on, do you want me to believe he's doing this for me? All this abuse... it just keeps going on and on and on! And Sere, who treated me polite before, even he started to treat me so awful, out of the blue. Can you believe he even threaten me today? And he's more than willing to let Shady die if he sees it fit. You claim he can't help... but that's a lie! The Guardians provide Aelinon with their weapons and many of their resources. Don't you think that alone would be enough to give them more power than the Aelinonians? But of course, go against the awful dragon and the ugly troll. No matter what good I do, I'll never be worthy of their help. All their best interests. Look at me now! They left me with nothing! And they... especially Sere, just keep treating me so, so, so badly! Like I'm not worth anything! Like I'm nothing but a disgusting load that gets in their way! All the good things I did, yet they meant nothing to them. The pain just keeps going. Shade is in custody, and Maverick now has Ilasi! He doesn't need me anymore. I'm back to square one! Alone and unloved, just like when I ran away from my dastard parents! I should've died in that arena! The pain would've finally been over then. Nobody would've been able to hurt me. All those evil people, they wouldn't have been able to reach me at last! Isn't it obvious? I'm destined to suffer." Angora concluded, unable to cry but putting her hands on her head, looking like someone who was on the verge of losing their sanity.

The only things that kept her hopeful was the fact that, asides Shade and Maverick still being alive, was that there was someone else out there, willing to help her and somebody that didn't judge her from the very beginning like so many had done. There was also, in part, Neo, who chose her, and nobody else. He who relied on her and helped her, even if he didn't do a very good job with advices. There was still hope within her, hop was getting harder to grasp with all the stinging pain and despair she felt, and all the abuse she had endured and strongly believed would continue. But it existed.

As Angora began to nearly cry-- it was clear that the troll was very very hurt and emotionally scarred. And so, despite part of him telling him not to, Raclaw sat down next to her and gently wrapped her in his tail. It would feeling like a warm blanket was hugging Angora, so long as the troll didn't despise the physical contact. "Listen to me Angora and listen to me carefully.," Raclaw gently said as he looked her in the eyes. "You are not destined to suffer, Mav does need you, and.. and your life does mean something. Mav-- he has Illasi, but he'll never forget you and he'll still need a friend. Shade-- he is in custody, but he is alive and he may one day be free yet. He took lives and any other king would've killed him, but he is still alive. And.. and if wasn't for Sere and the Guardians-- this king may have just killed him. Regardless of why he wanted him, the Guardians were able to provide the means to keep him alive.," Raclaw spoke trying to get Angora to count her blessings.

"And Angora-- you are worthy. Latnok may have treated you badly before, but the past is the past. We are in the here and now-- and I believe that even he can see that everyone deserves a second chance. I know he's not perfect, but.. but he is trying and he is trying to understand you. Please.. please give yourself credit. And remember-- I still care about you. And Mav still cares about you. And Shade. And maybe even Latnok-- if you give him a chance.," Raclaw then said in a gentle but firm tone briefly looking up towards Latnok as he concluded. It was clear in the Fur Dragon's eyes that he wanted some kind of relationship between the Guardian and Angora to work. It had been evident that he clearly loved the man as any truly bonded dragon would to their human, but it had also been evident that a part of him still cared for Angora. He wanted the troll to be at peace and furthermore-- a small hopeful part of him even wanted her to have some part in their lives.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:01:06 18/02/2019 by redwes
#2175 Posted: 23:40:53 18/02/2019
Unlike other times, Angora didn't shove Raclaw off. In fact, she welcomed the contact and his attempts to comfort, although she maintained an indifferent face, pretending like she wasn't too impressed. She now believed Latnok's kindness, though poor, was due to Raclaw's influence.
"You know, you've always been good Raclaw. You're one of the very few who don't hate me. I tried to change, I tried to make them see the new me... but nothing ever worked. When I... when WE all defeated Darkmatter, I really thought Latnok would treat me better after we apologized to each other back in that dimension. Well, you can see how well that went. And then Sere started doing it as well. How can I give them a chance when they make the pain continue? They spoke very badly not only about Shade, but Maverick and me as well. I can understand why Shade would be misunderstood, but what did I do? What's more, what did Maverick do? They obliterated our chances of befriending some of the crew, and erased THEIR chances of getting to know us better. Not sure if you noticed, but that merman what's-his-name treated us rather awfully from the very beginning, without stopping to know us. He just based himself ONLY on what the Guardians had said about us. How can I ever forget that?" Angora stated, wanting Raclaw to understand why she refused to forgive and forget. She didn't even care if Latnok was eavesdropping on them. That's how she felt, and he was greatly responsible of it.

But before Raclaw could say anything, Angora spoke again.
"But hey, at least Latnok has you. And the mong... I mean, puppy. Maybe that can soften him up a little bit. Sere has Veris, but that dumb wyvern hasn't done anything. I do thank you for trying though. I know you really are trying. Mustn't be easy consoling some ugly troll. I do admit I did many wrong things in the past... but I don't want to repeat them. It's just so... hard when nobody wants to give you that chance. But, even if there's TONS of abuse waiting for me, I still want to make this journey, and I want to do it the right way... whis is why I want to apologize, for the way I reacted all that time ago, when I was upset with you for not letting me ride you. It was a more, stupid, immature me." Angora finally concluded, having wanted to apologize for that for a very long time, but she never had the chance to do it, either because of Latnok or something else.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:53 19/02/2019 by Felines
#2176 Posted: 00:08:10 19/02/2019
Raclaw listening carefully as Angora spoke, somewhat surprised at Angora's now calmer demeanor. "Listen.. you are not ugly and I never saw you as such.," Raclaw said as soon as Angora concluded giving himself a moment to gather his thoughts. "I appreciate you still wanting to make the journey and.. and I forgive you. I can understand why you reacted how you reacted back then-- and I appreciate you understanding why I reacted how I reacted. We were both younger and we were both very different people. I can also understand why you feel how you feel, although I hope that you and Latnok can one day be on better terms. Thank-you though.. thank-you for trying.," Raclaw then said tightening his grip and 'hugging' or 'squeezing' Angora slightly.
---
#2177 Posted: 00:31:15 19/02/2019
Latnok, true to his word, decided to leave the room sometime after Raclaw and Angora had become engaged in conversation - staying very briefly to keep himself available if need be, but leaving once he felt he wasn't needed. He would instead sit in the lobby, checking the status of his equipment - perhaps going through some of his less frequently used tools. All this companionship and reconciliation... but is this what he really wanted? Was there really nothing more he wanted to do with all of the power he worked to get, all of the sacrifices he's made - or did he deserve something more?

Ilasi lowered and shook her head in obviously feigned disappointment this time. "So that's all we're doing here, then? Having a fun time? Nothing more?" She then returned eye contact with Maverick, smiling broadly in contrast to her previous demeanor. "You need to loosen up a little..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2178 Posted: 01:06:41 19/02/2019
Maverick tousled his hair frustratingly, believing he messed up yet again.
"Ugh! Was I wrong again? Were you trying to give me a cue? Lo siento Ilasi, but I'm just not good at reading people." he stated apologetically, believing Ilasi's disappointment was due to wanting another answer. Was his reply really that wrong? What answer was Ilasi expecting?

Quote: redwes
Raclaw listening carefully as Angora spoke, somewhat surprised at Angora's now calmer demeanor. "Listen.. you are not ugly and I never saw you as such.," Raclaw said as soon as Angora concluded giving himself a moment to gather his thoughts. "I appreciate you still wanting to make the journey and.. and I forgive you. I can understand why you reacted how you reacted back then-- and I appreciate you understanding why I reacted how I reacted. We were both younger and we were both very different people. I can also understand why you feel how you feel, although I hope that you and Latnok can one day be on better terms. Thank-you though.. thank-you for trying.," Raclaw then said tightening his grip and 'hugging' or 'squeezing' Angora slightly.

By this point, Angora has become more tolerant of physical contacts, whether they were disgusting licks or tail squeezes. The last time she was grasped by a tail was when Lazur captured her, so the difference was quite notorious.
"I understand why you want a friend. Maybe you see something in Latnok that I still don't see... but if we're completely honest, I think the feeling is mutual." Angora theorized, believing that Raclaw saw something in him, the way Shade, Maverick and even Orion himself saw something in her. But when it came to the two of them, she believed both of them refused to see in the other what this something was.

She really wanted to try and have a better relationship with Latnok so that there would be at least one Guardian treating her well, but it was something she believed was far beyond her reach.
"I really want to try Raclaw. I do. But I'm tired of being treated like garbage, no matter how much good I try to do. I know you want me to give Latnok a chance, but I just... can't. Sere is already treating me so awful. I can't take that risk. Not again. Not anymore. I can't risk him having second thoughts about this kindness he's trying to show me right now, or Sere convincing him to keep treating me the way he used to. No! No more. Just no more! I don't think I'll be able to take it again! Sere is already treating me so badly! I can't risk Latnok doing the same. I've had the two if them gaining on me for far too long. I'm going to this journey and just obey their instructions and commands... nothing more, nothing less." Angora pointed out to Raclaw, not wanting the fur dragon to have too much hope about a better relationship. The pain that Latnok, now along with Sere caused her was so great, Angora refused to give either of them a chance. She believed a friendship, or even a decent treatment was too far away. Latnok may be treating her rather well right now, but she was afraid that such treatment wouldn't last long. She was afraid that, out of the blue, Latnok would start treating her awfully, just like he used to.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:37 19/02/2019 by Felines
#2179 Posted: 17:06:52 19/02/2019
Dex saw Latnok and thought it would be good to let him know about Blue. If He happen to attack Latnok probably would have most he could do about it atleast if there was more guardians then just him. But Dex did not want to talk with him when somebody could see him.... it could mean trouble for Latnok also..... Dex could not be sure what Huntress had told to the king, only thing he did know that Shade had seen her with the king..... it was possible that guards of the city where looking for him. Atleast he could not take the risk.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2180 Posted: 17:14:40 19/02/2019
Ilasi maintained a smile, though she really wanted to frown. Was Maverick truly oblivious, or did he just want to avoid the subject entirely?
"Oh, it's nothing to worry about," she said. "I just wanted to see what you thought of everything. That's all. Thought this would be a nice place to relax. I'm having fun, though." Ilasi downed some more of the milk that Maverick had provided her, pleased that it was somehow still good after all the time he had it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2181 Posted: 17:31:24 19/02/2019
Maverick still felt awful. Due to his poor skill in social cues, he didn't know exactly what to say, or even what Ilasi truly wanted.
"Well, that's the important thing. It's too bad I don't have a place to call a hometown so I could introduce it to you the way you're doing. Being raised on a ship isn't exactly the ideal thing for a society. How I wished I could do that for you, have a place to call my own. Sometimes I feel without identity. How I wish I could know more about my heritage. Fauns... such an interesting history, but everywhere I go, I see none, and many believed pure ones are extinct. What I wouldn't give to know if they're still alive. It's... amazing to think I have their bloodline. I don't have goat legs or anything, but... well, it would be weird, eh?" Maverick said, trying to make a joke in the end so that the conversation wouldn't be too boring or sad. But as he spoke, he was blushing severely, having reached a point where he was too nervous about messing up and disappointing Ilasi.

Not very far from there, just three buildings ahead in a small guild, Huntress had drifted away from any subject about Blue, Dex or anything to do with the brotherhood. She had realized she was becoming too obsessed with it, and since she doubted there would be any progress until tomorrow, she instead changed focused and finally took the time to find out more about the Silvianesti, just as she had promised the king. If somebody wanted information about the outside world or any interesting gossip, a guild was the place to be. With a disguise, Huntress pretended she was just another cusiomer, looking for information and overhearing both soldiers and clients that came and go for any updates about Aelinonian's situation with the treacherous elves...
---
#2182 Posted: 22:11:48 19/02/2019
By this point, Angora has become more tolerant of physical contacts, whether they were disgusting licks or tail squeezes. The last time she was grasped by a tail was when Lazur captured her, so the difference was quite notorious.
"I understand why you want a friend. Maybe you see something in Latnok that I still don't see... but if we're completely honest, I think the feeling is mutual." Angora theorized, believing that Raclaw saw something in him, the way Shade, Maverick and even Orion himself saw something in her. But when it came to the two of them, she believed both of them refused to see in the other what this something was.

She really wanted to try and have a better relationship with Latnok so that there would be at least one Guardian treating her well, but it was something she believed was far beyond her reach.
"I really want to try Raclaw. I do. But I'm tired of being treated like garbage, no matter how much good I try to do. I know you want me to give Latnok a chance, but I just... can't. Sere is already treating me so awful. I can't take that risk. Not again. Not anymore. I can't risk him having second thoughts about this kindness he's trying to show me right now, or Sere convincing him to keep treating me the way he used to. No! No more. Just no more! I don't think I'll be able to take it again! Sere is already treating me so badly! I can't risk Latnok doing the same. I've had the two if them gaining on me for far too long. I'm going to this journey and just obey their instructions and commands... nothing more, nothing less." Angora pointed out to Raclaw, not wanting the fur dragon to have too much hope about a better relationship. The pain that Latnok, now along with Sere caused her was so great, Angora refused to give either of them a chance. She believed a friendship, or even a decent treatment was too far away. Latnok may be treating her rather well right now, but she was afraid that such treatment wouldn't last long. She was afraid that, out of the blue, Latnok would start treating her awfully, just like he used to.

"I... I understand.," Raclaw said briefly looking down and clearly somewhat disappointed with the news. That wasn't the only thing on his mind, however. There was also the unspoken news of the collar claim-- something that Angora had not yet been aware of. He knew that he had to eventually tell her, but was now the right time? With Angora avoiding Latnok, he realised that he may not get another chance to. Angora was brave enough to apologise to him, so why was he so reluctant to tell her about the claim? He knew why-- he knew or at least strongly expected Angora's dislike over the Guardian's increased hold over him. He was happy with the relationship, but he also really liked Latnok while Angora was still afraid of him. Still-- the truth was the truth.. and it had to eventually be told. He decided that it was worth the risk and that his love for the Guardian was obvious enough already anyway.

"Listen Angora-- there is something else I have to tell you.," Raclaw than said with a heavy heart. "Latnok and I.. are closer than you may think. You may have noticed an increased bond between us as of lately and.. and there is a reason for that.," Raclaw started to say very carefully. It was clear that it had been on his chest for some time now. "Do you remember when Latnok had gone missing, say about a month back? Well-- I had time to think while he was gone and had made the decision shortly after he had returned to me. I.. I have allowed Latnok to claim me, to claim my collar. With this claim comes it an increased bond; we are now able to share in each other's abilities and are closer to each other's thoughts. With this also comes an increased influence over me and certain privileges when it comes to his control over some of my own collar commands. This claim was made out of friendship though not power-- it allows us to fight better alongside each other and.. and it allows him to override Damon, my own personal demon of sorts. I don't know entirely where this new bond will take us or what it'll mean when I eventually meet my parents, but.. but I am happy. I respect you and I respect your decisions. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you earlier, but I hope that we can remain friends. And I hope that one day you can reunite with Shade and be truly happy again.," he then concluded dreadfully awaiting the troll's reaction. Would she be mad? Had she known or suspected already? All he could do is wait...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:16:40 19/02/2019 by redwes
#2183 Posted: 22:45:20 19/02/2019
Angora remained expressiveless for a while, when it was all suddenly broken by a scoff.
"So then... this influence you have is because of a shared bond? Is Latnok's kindness because of you and not because he decided to grow a heart?" Angora concluded, believing now with the new information that Raclaw sharing his emotions was the ONLY reason why Latnok even tried to be kind to her. In other words, she didn't believe it was Latnok's own, true emotion.

But the troll remained serene throughout everything. She had already felt so much anguish, she wasn't expressing her feelings to the extreme as she would usually do.
"But hey, it's your life. I have no right to butt into it. What an irony it is that such measure had to be taken for that... man to have at least some empathy and humanity... but I guess I understand you. Friendship is not always... ideal. Shade has made so many stupid decisions, and the following suffering has affected me, and Maverick as well. Anyone else in my position would've abandoned him to his luck, especially somebody that hated him before... but I know what it's like to be abandoned and despised by everyone else. I can't do the same to him..." Angora stated, explaining the real reason why she hasn't ditched the dragolet despite all his stupidity and lousy decisions.

But Angira wasn't done there.
"There may be things that you see in Latnok that I will never understand that lead you to such decision, but whatever he feels for you, he clearly won't ever feel it for me, despite his attempts yesterday. Trolls are destined to be hated... but I received the worse end. Hated by your own kind? You have no idea how that is! There was a time where I was truly happy... and look where that went! So many hate me, and the few who actually want to befriend me end up suffering along with me! I'm... I'm sorry if I don't want to give your Latnok a chance, but I'm not willing to take the risk anymore. I feel like if I keep being treated like trash, I'm going to collapse at any moment. This morning Sere treated me so badly, I... I couldn't stand it! I know you want things to be different, but don't cling to false hope. I tried so many times to give him a chance. So many times..." Angora finished, unable to complete the sentence. Latnok's lack's of patience, empathy, and above all, humanity and understanding, lead them to this. It took Raclaw forcing her emotions out in the open for the Guardian for him to truly understand what he was doing to her, but even after learning, he chose to disappear instead of trying to make things right with her. It was too much to take. Angora wanted nothing more than to leave to a quiet place right now to bawl in peace, but she didn't have the heart to break Raclaw's hug.
---
#2184 Posted: 22:51:45 19/02/2019
"Well... it couldn't be as weird as having a fish tail," Ilasi said facetiously. "I'd imagine the hair would come in handy in some places. Maybe not one of the many smithies here, but this place in the winter can get really cold. You know, I bet just wrapping myself iin your hair would feel... maybe not quite like Raclaw, but soothing all the same." Feeling a bit more of a talking mood now, Ilasi looked back up at Maverick, where her gaze had previously drifted.
"I thought this would be a good place because maybe the... environment and refreshments would lend themselves to talking more. More freely, I mean. A lot of times... I just don't know the right thing to say, but I was hoping that maybe I could be 'encouraged' to not care quite as much."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#2185 Posted: 23:22:59 19/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile waited for a few hours. He was still wondering why he was truly at the camp. He went to one of the guards. “Why am I truly here? I want to know. Is this some kind of intimidation tactics?”
---
SC
#2186 Posted: 23:24:42 19/02/2019
"Well... it couldn't be as weird as having a fish tail," Ilasi said facetiously. "I'd imagine the hair would come in handy in some places. Maybe not one of the many smithies here, but this place in the winter can get really cold. You know, I bet just wrapping myself iin your hair would feel... maybe not quite like Raclaw, but soothing all the same." Feeling a bit more of a talking mood now, Ilasi looked back up at Maverick, where her gaze had previously drifted.
"I thought this would be a good place because maybe the... environment and refreshments would lend themselves to talking more. More freely, I mean. A lot of times... I just don't know the right thing to say, but I was hoping that maybe I could be 'encouraged' to not care quite as much."

Pleased with the comment, Maverick proceeded to keep up with the conversation, glad that things were well now.
"Well, it's a very nice place. It even smells like flowers. If only other places could use this same idea. Buildings can be nice, but it's very important to keep in touch with nature." Maverick said, spotting Dahlia a few distance away. She was smelling the foliage around, but thankfully, she wasn't messing anything up, nor she tried to eat any of the plants. Calmed, Maverick then continued with the original subject.
"At least you can change from tail to leg Ilasi. Fauns, yeah, they always had those legs. I saw sketches of them, and it looks quite uncomfortable. Very curious. I'm kinda glad I don't have them like that, though I suppose I would've gotten use to it. The body hair though gives me a unique appearance, and the hairs are much softer than that of a normal human, but unfortunately, it doesn't do much in the cold." Maverick explained, believing that if there was a time to know about each other, this was it. It was a public place, but it was still calm and likeable, and there was no work. Times like these were probably going to be rare once they returned to the ship.
---
#2187 Posted: 23:39:18 19/02/2019
Raclaw was somewhat surprised at Angora's subdued reaction-- the troll has grown, developed, and changed even. 'Although not enough to change her mind.,' he thought in dismay. "Shade is lucky to have you and... and I understand.," he said almost increasing his hug but sensing that Angora was growing tired of it. And so he began to loosen his grip, while offering one last thing. "I know you probably want to be alone, but I'll say this before you go. Latnok's heart is not entirely because of me-- I can sense it growing and I can sense more of his true feelings coming out over time. I have hope that he will see you as more than a troll, although I will accept the reality either way. I.. I will also say this. Latnok has nether used his increased influence or my own collar commands against me. He has been kind and gentle to me. And I have neither been forced or pressured to do anything I didn't want to do. For all intensive purposes, we still see and treat each other as friends. And I believe I am making a difference. T..thank-you for understanding my perspective Angora. I truly mean it.," he then said offering one last conclusion unless Angora wished to stick around. He was satisfied with how the conversation had gone, even if Angora and Latnok were still somewhat distant. It was progress at least-- and it was much needed understanding. For the better.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:42:14 19/02/2019 by redwes
#2188 Posted: 00:09:54 20/02/2019
Angora noticed the loose grip, and even though she wanted to pretend she indeed wanted to leave, fact was she still wanted the comfort.
"I... I do want to try, but..." Angora stopped, once again unable to finish the sentence. She really wanted things to work with Latnok, but the abuse has lasted for so long, she was too afraid that things would reverse to the way things were before given enough time. As she tried to say something else, she remembered Chester, and the great life he was having. Being a dog seemed to be far better than being a troll, though she wondered how the dog came into their lives. She never knew, but she wasn't interested. All she wanted was to be treated well and have some genuine friends and family, since not even her own parents managed to provide that.
---
#2189 Posted: 00:26:03 20/02/2019
"I.. I understand and I know how you feel. I have seen your pain, felt your pain-- I'm so sorry you had to go through that.," Raclaw said with his ears somewhat dropped. He had been the one to force Angora to re-experience all of that pain. He paused before continuing. "But please-- please let me assure you. I will be right there when you do choose to face him. And if it turns out that you and Latnok can't work out, than.. than we will finally know. And I will accept it. He may not be perfect and he may not yet a full grasp on emotion, but I believe that he wants to try. I believe that some part of him wants to put the past behind him and wants to understand you. And although it may hurt to try-- there is only one way to find out.," he then responded. Perhaps there was hope yet. Chester laid nearby, watching but not interfering in the conversation.
---
#2190 Posted: 00:40:32 20/02/2019
Angora shook her head slowly, still refusing giving Latnok a chance or be anywhere near him. And now that Raclaw said it may hurt, she was even more skeptical.
"Perhaps... one day. Maybe tomorrow, or maybe never. You have seen once before, the pain, the horror, the anguish he caused me, all because he couldn't accept the way I was, or that I was loyal to a friend. He and that... Sere, gaining against me over and over again, because they could never accept me!" Angora reminded, wanting Raclaw to understand why she was so adamant in her decision. As much as she wanted things to change between her and Latnok, the emotional wounds were still too fresh.
"But perhaps... one day..." Angora said, trying to remain hopeful. For now, the only thing keeping her hopeful was that stranger's will to help, nothing else. With the Guardians, she wanted nothing to do with them, even though deep inside she wanted nothing more than for the, to finally treat her better and understand her for once.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:15:13 20/02/2019 by Felines
#2191 Posted: 00:50:24 20/02/2019
The guard Shade spoke to shrugged his shoulders. "You're gonna want to ask one of the officers for more details," he said. "As far as I know, you're what we know as a 'deterrent' - you being here discourages the enemy from trying anything. If you're lucky, maybe you'll get the opportunity to kill a few hundred elves to sate your bloodlust." It would appear that many Aelinonians were still under the belief that Shade reveled in death and destruction.

Ilasi left out a short giggle. "Well, it certainly looks comfy, at least. And we can change, it's true - a bit more of a hassle during a rainstorm, however. Just having to slither everywhere because of the weather outside... I mean, you do get used to it. I guess." But that got Ilasi to thinking...
"Have you ever wondered just how much of a hybrid could be made? I mean, it would be difficult imagining just what traits they'd take on, and all of that... other stuff..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2192 Posted: 01:02:44 20/02/2019
Angora shook her head slowly, still refusing giving Latnok a chance or be anywhere near him. And now that Raclaw said it may hurt, she was even more skeptical.
"Perhaps... one day. Maybe tomorrow, or maybe never. You have seen once before, the pain, the horror, the anguish he caused me, all because he couldn't accept the way I was, or that I was loyal to a friend. He and that... Sere, gaining against me over and over again, because they could never accept me!" Angora reminded, wanting Raclaw to understand why she was so adamant in her decision. As much as she wanted things to change between him and Latnok, the emotional wounds were still too fresh.
"But perhaps... one day..." Angora said, trying to remain hopeful. For now, the only thing keeping her hopeful was that stranger's will to help, nothing else. With the Guardians, she wanted nothing to do with them, even though deep inside she wanted nothing more than for the, to finally treat her better and understand her for once.

"I understand and I will be there when you're ready.," Raclaw said with a nod briefly tightening his grip and hugging Angora. He would be ready when she was ready and until than-- at least there was a newfound sense of understanding between him and the troll. 'When you're ready Angora.," he thoughts repeated. He would let Angora make the next move-- and on her own terms.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:24 20/02/2019 by redwes
#2193 Posted: 01:22:32 20/02/2019
Angora welcomed the hug once again, seeing the tail resembling a big, fluffy snake that meant her no harm.
"Are you going to release me? Or have you just found yourself a new toy?" the small troll said jokingly, deciding to become playful. She was very grateful to Raclaw for the mere fact that he didn't hate her. Not only did he wanted to console her, he didn't hate her. That was more than enough for her. After she leaves that room, Angora didn't want Raclaw's last image of her there was that of a mortified, melancholic creature, so she decided to leave all the pain and frustration behind for the sake of pleasing him.

Ilasi left out a short giggle. "Well, it certainly looks comfy, at least. And we can change, it's true - a bit more of a hassle during a rainstorm, however. Just having to slither everywhere because of the weather outside... I mean, you do get used to it. I guess." But that got Ilasi to thinking...
"Have you ever wondered just how much of a hybrid could be made? I mean, it would be difficult imagining just what traits they'd take on, and all of that... other stuff..."

Maverick was about to say something when Ilasi suddenly came with the last comment. He scratched the back of his head rather red in the face.
"Well, I suppose it's possible. I know I'm part fawn, but maybe perhaps somewhere in my ancestry there's another species? Can't say for certain. I suppose if they are similar enough, various mixes could be made. It doesn't seem too far off." Maverick expressed, not at all dismissing the idea, though feeling a little uncomfortable with the subject. He suspected where Ilasi was going with that, but he was too nervous to even touched upon that, especially if the suspicion turned out to be wrong. He wouldn't be able to stand the embarrassment.
---
#2194 Posted: 01:35:28 20/02/2019
Quote:
Angora welcomed the hug once again, seeing the tail resembling a big, fluffy snake that meant her no harm.
"Are you going to release me? Or have you just found yourself a new toy?" the small troll said jokingly, deciding to become playful. She was very grateful to Raclaw for the mere fact that he didn't hate her. Not only did he wanted to console her, he didn't hate her. That was more than enough for her. After she leaves that room, Angora didn't want Raclaw's last image of her there was that of a mortified, melancholic creature, so she decided to leave all the pain and frustration behind for the sake of pleasing him.

"Sorry-- you're free to go.," Raclaw said with a slight smile picking up on the playful mood. As he released her, Chester lifted his head paying close attention to the troll. "Chester may want to say goodbye before you leave.," Raclaw than said knowing the little Beagle very well. This only caused the beloved dog to perk up even more, as if now expecting something. Plus-- he now had a fancy new collar to show off. He was rather proud of it after all.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:43 20/02/2019 by redwes
#2195 Posted: 01:43:25 20/02/2019
Ilasi didn't immediately pick up on Maverick's embarrassment, being somewhat "in the moment." She thought that Maverick looked somewhat tense. Feeling much less restrained at the moment, what she wanted most was for Maverick to feel the same. Waving her hand, she hailed for one of the bartenders.
"Would you like something?" the bartender asked.
"Yes, please. This man will have some of the cider I'm having," Ilasi said. Perhaps she wasn't respecting Maverick's own boundaries enough; she wasn't particularly wary of such a thing at the moment, however.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2196 Posted: 01:46:13 20/02/2019 | Topic Creator
The guard Shade spoke to shrugged his shoulders. "You're gonna want to ask one of the officers for more details," he said. "As far as I know, you're what we know as a 'deterrent' - you being here discourages the enemy from trying anything. If you're lucky, maybe you'll get the opportunity to kill a few hundred elves to sate your bloodlust." It would appear that many Aelinonians were still under the belief that Shade reveled in death and destruction.

“I am not killing anything. I won’t kill another innocent life again.” Shade said looking down he then went to find an officer and soon found one. “I want to know why I’m here. Not just a deterrent. You have me here for a reason.”
---
SC
#2197 Posted: 01:51:56 20/02/2019
Angora didn't have a very inviting demeanor, but she was still ready for the beagle to do whatever he wanted.
"Maverick mentioned to me he now wants a dog. Heh, as if he could now that he has that horned beast. At least she behaves very well." Angora commented casually, knowing he had always wanted a dog, but his desire increased ever since meeting Chester. Although she wasn't looking forward for another lick fest, it was better than having one from a dragon or a wyvern.

Ilasi didn't immediately pick up on Maverick's embarrassment, being somewhat "in the moment." She thought that Maverick looked somewhat tense. Feeling much less restrained at the moment, what she wanted most was for Maverick to feel the same. Waving her hand, she hailed for one of the bartenders.
"Would you like something?" the bartender asked.
"Yes, please. This man will have some of the cider I'm having," Ilasi said. Perhaps she wasn't respecting Maverick's own boundaries enough; she wasn't particularly wary of such a thing at the moment, however.

Maverick lifted his head, shaking it slowly, but since he didn't want to embarrass Ilasi, he waited for the bartender to leave.
"I... don't like drinking Ilasi. I know that's hard to believe considering I was living among... you-know-what." Maverick said, not wanting to mention the word pirate in a public place. He wanted Ilasi to know, but at the same time didn't want to reject her offer.
---
#2198 Posted: 02:15:24 20/02/2019
The officer shook his head. "You're here because you are our prisoner, and we command you to be here. That is as much as you need to know. A murderer like you has no place questioning us." The officer made no effort to hide the irateness in his voice. "I had a son - a son who was killed after his house caught fire when you came in and started destroying things without a damn thought for anyone but yourself. You deserve whatever fate we can bring on you. You are lucky that I have orders - otherwise, I would be using that little thing around your neck to be bringing you some of the worst pain a living thing can ever experience. Get out of my presence before I change my mind on the matter."

Though she might have been a little more respectful previously, Ilasi was somewhat too relaxed at the moment to care too much. "Oh, come on," she said playfully. "You don't have to go at it like Latnok does. Just think of it like some fruit juice that helps you open up a bit." Ilasi took another sip of her cider, as if prompting.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2199 Posted: 02:26:28 20/02/2019
Maverick was fidgeting, not liking the idea of drinking. But this was a one in a million occasions, or so he hoped, and he knew Ilasi was going to keep insisting, so he agreed just this once. Dahlia in the meantime was still sightseeing, but despite her massive size, she wasn't getting in the way of anybody, always making sure there was plenty of space for the people there. She was carefree and relieved, which was surprising considering she was usually nervous around public places. The foliage was clearly soothing.
---
#2200 Posted: 02:35:45 20/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“I deserve to know. Please that’s all I ask then I will leave you alone.” Shade was prepared for punishment if the officer decided to punish him.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 44 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me