Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open)
First | Previous | Page 42 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Rising Hope (open) [CLOSED]
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#2051 Posted: 12:24:14 11/02/2019
”Sorry to mention that name” Dex said when he noticed Shades reaction. ”That name is not right Thats for sure. Everything you have done was because you could not controll yourself not beacause you wanted to, before my organisation started to follow a morale Code... the things I have done would make that name much more fit to me....Sorry Thats not making you feel a y better right?” Dex said (he was still not very good at social stuff, he was much better then before, but a life where most of your social moments where lies was not going to be corrected so quickly).

Dex took a little brake ”But if that is so then Blu.... him (Dex corrected not wanting to say the name again) in fact gave me real information..... Why would he do that. He has tried to contact me and ask about some kind of team work...... This is not like him” Dex said thoughtfully.

”Well what you say might be True. But if he knows you talked with the king and are friends with him..... Well that might be a problem you know. How he can know you are talking the truth. And ofcourse there is more for him to fear.....you have seen whats most precious for him with your wit taht should not be too hard to see what” The man said and thought ”Leader will be so happy about this”

Blue had made his way outside of the town, to a lake. It was not big, but his group was small so they could be seen as campers. And he ofcourse could hide inside the lake. ”These black lizards are most valuable, with their intelligence they recruit more of they own and even train themselfs. My network is growing ....”.
Because the moral gode the guild was now following, more bussiness had made its way towards the brotherhood. Blue had used this chance to make them more controlled. There was no more pointless attacks and brotherhood members going around making their own attacks. They had even started to build a new Castle in their village which ofcourse was next to a big lake. These chances had made their Numbers bigger and more where joining. They accepted almost anyone so there was a lot of others then just assassins. Many had started to talk only about the brotherhood...... and Why not the brotherhood was starting to become more of a private army and a society for criminals which had assassins in it then a brotherhood for the assassins.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:59 11/02/2019 by cyndego
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#2052 Posted: 16:39:21 11/02/2019
After a few more fights, Latnok and Leoquin eventually left, being satisfied for the day - Latnok, not feeling the immediate need to do anything else that night, went back to the Easy Eyrie with his dragon and dog friends, while Leoquin went back to the ship - though he was pondering visiting his family in the morning.
As Leoquin crossed the gangplank, he noticed Angora and Risar in conversation. Why did she come back? She probably wasn't here to say hello, and, not being forced to come, must have something she really, really needed someone in the crew to handle.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#2053 Posted: 17:09:58 11/02/2019
Quote: cyndego
”Well what you say might be True. But if he knows you talked with the king and are friends with him..... Well that might be a problem you know. How he can know you are talking the truth. And ofcourse there is more for him to fear.....you have seen whats most precious for him with your wit taht should not be too hard to see what” The man said and thought ”Leader will be so happy about this”

Huntress was furious with the revelation. She never imagined Dex to be capable of such a thing.
"If I was truly spied, then you would know I'm telling the truth. Besides, I helped the little black fox. I lead him to the archives to seek the information he needed, cause otherwise that place is inaccessible. and THIS is how he repays me? By having me spied? Interfering with my private life? Betraying an employees' trust like this is unforgivable! Tell him to forget about the rest of the payment! Our deal? Our alliegeance is off!" Huntress said with anger as she turned around to leave, not keeping her anger a secret anymore. She felt so insulted, so betrayed. Next time she saw Dex, she didn't intend to make their encounter pretty. She had no idea how she managed to be spied. She usually knew when that happened, but whoever spied her must've used some sort of magic or something to avoid detection.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:18 11/02/2019 by Felines
#2054 Posted: 17:26:09 11/02/2019
Sere and Seraos continued their back-and-forth conversation as other fights proceeded.
"Taking Shade would be much more trouble for our journey," Sere insisted. "My sailors will be unhappy, and it will be a drain on manpower to take care of him and keep him under control."
"Well, then," Seraos said, becoming audibly irritated, "do you want me to keep him in my possession? Do you think the risk is worth it for us? I mean that in all seriousness. We could keep him in some back corner or cave somewhere. My main concern with that is that our enemy has, on multiple occasions, shown themselves to be capable of effective deep strikes.
Sere, though he didn't want to, knew he was going to have to compromise somewhere.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2055 Posted: 18:04:47 11/02/2019
Maverick and his group remained on the beach, even after nightfall. Lanterns around illuminated the place. The sound of the waves was so calming and soothing in that time. Even though it was colder, he has been through worse temperatures, and was tolerant. Dahlia was adapted to both the heat of daytime in the desert and the unbearable colds of it at night, though he wasn't sure about Ilasi.
"Look at the time Ilasi! I must've dozed off. It's chilly, isn't it? Want to go someplace else now?" he asked, once again willing to make her happy despite the distressing news of that afternoon.

Quote: A Guy
As Leoquin crossed the gangplank, he noticed Angora and Risar in conversation. Why did she come back? She probably wasn't here to say hello, and, not being forced to come, must have something she really, really needed someone in the crew to handle.

As Angora waited for Risar to respond to her request, she too noticed Leoquin. She had almost forgotten about that merman, and how much she despised him. One of the many things she wasn't looking forward to in this journey was more of his rude, racist remarks, especially when they were addressed to Maverick, but she wasn't gonna let HIM spoil her will to travel and reach the archipelago.
---
#2056 Posted: 19:07:46 11/02/2019
"Well... I guess we can just head back for the night," Ilasi said. "The streets will be very lively after the execution. Such events tend to really pump people up around here." Ilasi looked expectantly at Dahlia, wondering when she would stop lazing about in the sand. "Unless you have something else in mind?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2057 Posted: 19:17:39 11/02/2019
"No no, it's alright. We can go... unless you want to try mounting Dahlia alone? The beach is mostly empty, and she's very calm." Maverick suggested, wanting to avoid Aelinonian subjects. It still baffled him how many people enjoyed seeing so many lives taken, regardless on how horrible their crimes may be.
---
#2058 Posted: 19:34:47 11/02/2019
”I guess we are done here then” The man said ”If you happen to want more afterall.” He said and put a little map to her hand ”Our group is not big, but if you try to come with others we will know.... I warn you once do not do that. If not then no ” The man said and before Huntress had a chance to say anything he had gone inside another room. He had also made sure to lock the door.

In the map there was a red circle around a small lake, pretty close to the city.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2059 Posted: 19:59:25 11/02/2019
Huntress took the map, and left the man. She took on her horse, heading to the archives once more. If she was being spied on, she needed a place where not anybody could enter. The archives were well guarded, so if anybody was following her, they would be stopped, or so she believed.

Once at the archives, she was allowed entry after identifying herself. Choosing a table, she studied the map carefully. This was a place she knew well, although she didn't visited it as often as before. Why this man was giving her so many clues? It was all too strange. Huntress couldn't help but to think it was all a trap. Nevertheless, it was a solid lead. Despite wanting to change her priority and wanting to focus on the Silvianesti more, this was probably her only chance to learn more about the mysterious society that has eluded Aelinon law for so long. While in that table, Huntress chose a copy of that map, doing the exact same marks as the ones she had, and writing a letter. And after being done with that, she put them in an envelope, and taking a random article, she pretended to read it. Even though she doubted her spy could enter that place, she was still paranoid enough to believe they have found a way, so she pretended to be there exclusively for research. And with the letter and copy of the map ready, she left it inside the article and gave it to the man in charge of the archives, pretending to return it.
"Thanks for allowing me entry. Here's the article back... and check inside..." she whispered, leaving the building.

With her business over, Huntress took off to the place where the map indicated, still strongly believing it was all a trap. But despite her strong suspicions and the likely risk she was taking, she still went along with it. She was coming alone, just like the man asked. Reaching her destination, she waited patiently and with a little fear for something to happen...
---
#2060 Posted: 20:10:47 11/02/2019
The man from before soon came after noticing the Huntress. ”Welcome. Nice to see you here. Our camp is close. And dont worry there is only two more of us there.” The man said with much more friendly voice then before. And started to walk towards their camp
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2061 Posted: 20:25:40 11/02/2019
Even though Huntress was convinced it was all a trap, she nevertheless pressed on, not lowering her guard even with the man's more friendly demeanor.
"Two more? Will you stop with the mystery and tell me what this is all about?" Huntress demanded, already losing much patience. As she followed him, she felt like she was going through the loop of a useless scavenger hunt.
---
#2062 Posted: 20:45:18 11/02/2019
The man did sit down with the other two with him. ”The truth is we are very happy you came here.” He started ”We three are in fact old workers for the dragon Blue. Thats Why we have tried to fine the fox, because we knew he was going against him once. We had few others, so we thought it would be for the best if we work against Blue together. He agreed to help us...... but what we in fact found out was that he is now working for him. After we saw you with him we tried to contact you..... Thats Why we have kept our faces covered and talked to you like we where working for the Fox. Thats How we made sure his men would not know who we are.” The man said with a friendly, but also worried voice.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#2063 Posted: 20:48:10 11/02/2019
Quote: Felines
Risar didn't looked entirely displeased with her presence, so Angora believed there was hope with him.
"Yes... well, there was a change of plans. Aelinon is planning to separate me from Shady anyway and I just made the first move. The journey to Falcon's Beak helped me a great deal before, and I want to go back... but I need yours and Latnok's permission to do so..." Angora said, getting straight to the point. She treated Risar politely, though not in a very exited or motivated matter.

"I see--," Risar said crossing his arms and seemingly sizing Angora up again. Throughout her time on the ship; the troll had earned some small amount of respect alongside that of Maverick. And now that Shade was out of the picture, perhaps she could grow further as a person? At the very least, he didn't have a reason to immediately dismiss her and she was actually useful aboard the ship. "Risar will admit-- you have grown, adapted. Perhaps more time on the ship will do you some good, but what do you plan to do now that Shade is.. otherwise occupied?," the large minotaur then asked raising an 'eyebrow.' He responded in a somewhat polite manner, albeit with the usual Minotaur/Risar mannerisms. The switch between first and third person when referring to himself was especially noticeable, although it wasn't clear if it was due to his Minotaur nature or Risar's personal background. He waited for a response.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#2064 Posted: 20:59:59 11/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“The king and I aren’t friends Dex. We only came to a compromise. They used me as a weapon of war. I never wanted to go down this path Dex.”
---
SC
#2065 Posted: 21:06:42 11/02/2019
Angora thought very hard about her response, not wanting to say anything that would have her misunderstood like it usually happened. She also wanted to keep a secret the real reason why she wanted to return to the archipelago.
"I'm going to increase my skills of course. The last journey helped me to do that, and this one may do the same. If I increase my skills and Aelinon sees how useful I can be, then perhaps they will let me stay with Shad... the dragon permanently." Angora explained calmly, wanting to demonstrate to Risar there was no reason for him to distrust or even dislike her.

The man did sit down with the other two with him. ”The truth is we are very happy you came here.” He started ”We three are in fact old workers for the dragon Blue. Thats Why we have tried to find the fox, because we knew he was going against him once. We had few others, so we thought it would be for the best if we work against Blue together. He agreed to help us...... but what we in fact found out was that he is now working for him. After we saw you with him we tried to contact you..... Thats Why we have kept our faces covered and talked to you like we where working for the Fox. Thats How we made sure his men would not know who we are.” The man said with a friendly, but also worried voice.

"Workers?" Huntress repeated, clearly disgusted by the notion.
"You mean to say you three reduced yourself to work for some vulgar dragon?" she then said, never hiding her true hatred for the flying reptiles.

She then tried to process what they just said.
"How it hold it. You're telling me that you once worked with this Blue dragon, and now you're not? And the fox that spoke to me was once against it and is now working for him?!?" Huntress expressed, feeling like things were too complicated. But she wasn't ready to trust this trio yet.
"How can I know you are telling me the truth? How can I know you're still not working for this beast and the you're trying to fool me into revealing this fox's whereabouts so you can deliver it to your boss?" Huntress concluded, finding it hard to believe that if Dex was indeed against Blue once, was now working for him, but it was all the way around with these three.
---
#2066 Posted: 21:45:46 11/02/2019
"Why, I would love to!" Ilasi said - rides with Dahlia were always fun, but she had only ridden horses before, as a passenger, while strapped in. Riding a dirt buffalo by herself would be a huge step up. At least the sand was there to cushion her if she fell.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2067 Posted: 21:50:54 11/02/2019
Quote:
Angora thought very hard about her response, not wanting to say anything that would have her misunderstood like it usually happened. She also wanted to keep a secret the real reason why she wanted to return to the archipelago.
"I'm going to increase my skills of course. The last journey helped me to do that, and this one may do the same. If I increase my skills and Aelinon sees how useful I can be, then perhaps they will let me stay with Shad... the dragon permanently." Angora explained calmly, wanting to demonstrate to Risar there was no reason for him to distrust or even dislike her.

"Hmm...," Risar said taking a moment to gather his thoughts. "Your reasoning is sound and your motivation is-- thoughtful. Very well, you have my permission to stay aboard the ship. Don't cause trouble and you may learn more yet, although you still have Latnok to convince. Find the Fur Dragon and he won't be far behind. Risar hears they're still at the Easy Eyrie, a pet-friendly hotel further along the docks. The Guardians have used it before; they have good food and good beds. Beyond that, I cannot tell you more. Good luck.," the large minotaur then said with a somewhat respectful nod.
---
#2068 Posted: 22:07:02 11/02/2019
"...Ok. Thank you." Angora replied with a small nod of her part, glad to have half of her objective accomplished. The minotaur was always so hardcore and intimidating, but at least he wasn't unreasonable. She couldn't tell if he had some dislike for her based on all the badmouthing that occurred on the ship, but at least he had treated her politely enough. Perhaps on this new journey, she could give the large bull man a chance to get to know her better and see that all the bad things that were said about her were nothing but dirty, racist lies from the Guardians.

"Why, I would love to!" Ilasi said - rides with Dahlia were always fun, but she had only ridden horses before, as a passenger, while strapped in. Riding a dirt buffalo by herself would be a huge step up. At least the sand was there to cushion her if she fell.

Maverick was rather surprised with her response, having expected her to say no due to wanting to be someplace else or not feeling ready. Nevertheless, he was glad.
"Oh good. Great! Ok then, it shouldn't be too hard. With plenty of space, a pleasant night and a gentle mount, it's the perfect time." Maverick said as he called Dahlia.

The dirt buffalo approached with soothing mooings, with Maverick helping Ilasi up her tall back.
"Well, alright then. Just grab on the reigns and gently command her to go. You have seen how I control her direction, haven't you? It's not that different from a horse. She should gallop very gently. Just don't whip or kick her from the sides. She doesn't like that." Maverick explained, ready to follow them to make sure everything would be alright. Unlike some horse riders, Maverick trained Dahlia to be given command by voice alone, knowing how much she disliked any kind of physical violence like pretty much every other animal.
---
#2069 Posted: 22:17:38 11/02/2019
Outside Glaveilio's castle, many citizens were chanting, demanding an answer to the current situation. The wishes of the people were extremely divided.
"We should fight! Make them regret attacking us!"
"Try saying that when you have a child to take care of! We can't afford this!"
"What has the king been drinking lately? Did he think that any of this was a good idea?!"
"We can't trust those vermin to keep their word anyway! We have to be ready!"
"Be ready how? Draft our young ones to die?"
"Better than us all dying. These guys are just a bunch of monkeys and fish and lizards once their huge lapdogs are out of the way - we don't need to be scared of them."
"We need to all board ships and get out of here."
The loud discord was very audible within the castle, despite Glaveilio not being next to a window. The pressure was on him - whatever his choice, he had to keep the people unified on one goal. Though they had a strong military, Silvianesti was not a culture of war - those who weren't soldiers had neither the will nor the means to rapidly adapt to wartime. Whatever he did, there would be resistance - and though he loved his people, Glaveilio may have to put his foot down to see things through.

Ilasi was just a little nervous - but had enough confidence in Maverick to have her back. Gingerly, she gripped the reins, as she gave Dahlia the command to move. Ilasi tried her hardest to stay steady - and though she was wavering in the beginning, she slowly began to find her balance. Perhaps this wasn't as bad as she was fearing - though they did have to consider that the sand was absorbing much of the motion.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:42 11/02/2019 by A Guy
#2070 Posted: 22:35:48 11/02/2019
Meanwhile, Angora had reached the Easy Eyrie, hoping that whatever activity was held in the arena was already over. On her way there, she didn't spotted Raclaw, so she imagined they must be in the inn. Donning her hood again, she entered the inn rather nervously, firmly believing she would receive nothing but insults from Latnok once she saw him again. But she had to go to this journey, and Risar's permission alone wasn't going to be enough.
"Excuse me. Is there a man with a large, griffin like creature in one of these rooms?" Angora asked the clerk, figuring nobody else could match such description.

Ilasi was just a little nervous - but had enough confidence in Maverick to have her back. Gingerly, she gripped the reins, as she gave Dahlia the command to move. Ilasi tried her hardest to stay steady - and though she was wavering in the beginning, she slowly began to find her balance. Perhaps this wasn't as bad as she was fearing - though they did have to consider that the sand was absorbing much of the motion.

Dahlia moved in such a slow and gentle pace that if Maverick had been walking normally, he would overpass her. Dahlia could sense Ilasi's skepticism, so she didn't want to go any faster.
"Just relax Ilasi. Just think of Dahlia as a tall horse with a hump. Remember to simply use voice commands." Maverick kindly expressed, knowing Dahlia's caution was to prevent Ilasi from getting hurt.
---
#2071 Posted: 22:45:12 11/02/2019
The clerk believed that she knew who Angora was talking about - she had to narrow it down, however. "Well, there are two men like that here," she said. "One of the Ardent Guardians, with a... what was it... a fur dragon, and a beagle - they're in one of the larger rooms on the second floor. Should be a right after getting off the stairs, then a left, then the third door at the end. Then there's a foreign man, somewhat odd clothing, with a baby gryphon - he was on the first floor, but he did say he wanted a different room tonight. He's usually down here drinking around this time, so you won't have to wait long for him."

"Yes... that sounds... easy enough." Ilasi eventually adapted to the current pace - and felt ready to pick it up a bit. "Faster," she commanded Dahlia, as she got a tighter grip on the reins. She braced herself for falling off, though she believed she would be able to handle a slightly faster pace.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2072 Posted: 22:56:22 11/02/2019
Dahlia picked up the pace, but it was still slow. Maverick could now keep up with her walking normally.
"Sweet girl. She doesn't want you to fall Ilasi." Maverick explained with a kind smile, already very familiar with his beloved dirt buffalo's cautiousness and protectiveness.

The clerk believed that she knew who Angora was talking about - she had to narrow it down, however. "Well, there are two men like that here," she said. "One of the Ardent Guardians, with a... what was it... a fur dragon, and a beagle - they're in one of the larger rooms on the second floor. Should be a right after getting off the stairs, then a left, then the third door at the end. Then there's a foreign man, somewhat odd clothing, with a baby gryphon - he was on the first floor, but he did say he wanted a different room tonight. He's usually down here drinking around this time, so you won't have to wait long for him."

Angora knew her first guess was right as soon as she heard the word fur dragon.
"Ok lady. Thank you." she said politely, going up the stairs and into the first room the woman indicated. She lifted her arm to knock on the door, ignoring whatever people were on the hallway. But she dropped it at the prospect of asking Latnok anything. Angry with what Sere has put her through, she started to cry from under her hood, not certain she will be able to tolerate Latnok's presence again, especially his insults and bullying.

But after dripping some tears for a few minutes, Angora cleaned her face, and feeling just slightly more ready, she knocked on the door, her heart beating almost as fast as that of a mouse...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:33 11/02/2019 by Felines
#2073 Posted: 23:27:30 11/02/2019
Latnok, who was about to start removing his armor, stood up from his sitting position on the bed, not expecting any sort of visitor right now. Leoquin again? Maybe he was bored and wanted to talk more.
"Coming." Latnok walked on over to the door, opening it gently - and was surprised to see Angora of all people here. There had to be something she absolutely, without a doubt, needed from him, unless she was just here to try to speak with Raclaw.
"Hey, Angora," Latnok greeted casually. "Wasn't expecting you to stop by for a visit. I take it you're not just here to say hello and chat about the execution tonight? Or are you here for Raclaw?"

Ilasi gave Dahlia some petting with one hand as Maverick acknowledged Dahlia's concern for her. "Thank you, Dahlia - I really appreciate it," she said with a smile. Ilasi was content to ride for a few more minutes, but eventually decided she was done for the day.
"Thank you, Maverick. Thank you, Dahlia. I needed that. Shall we head back now?" Ilasi asked. She had no plans for the night, and was hoping the city would have calmed down a bit by now.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2074 Posted: 23:37:32 11/02/2019
As Latnok opened the door-- Raclaw was towards the back of the room settling down on what appeared to be a massive bed more ideal for dogs and other quadruple creatures. "Is that Angora?," Raclaw quietly asked Chester reverting to his canine tongue. "It is...," Chester responded in an equally quiet tone. Raclaw wasn't sure if Latnok would instantly reject the troll's presence or even if she would dare approach him anymore, opting to wait and see.
---
#2075 Posted: 23:42:42 11/02/2019
Maverick nodded, following her. Dahlia didn't need any guidance, so she followed the two of them on her own.
"Nice work Ilasi. You did it all by yourself. I think it's the confidence we need to work on... or Dahlia's cautiousness. Maybe both? Incredible how an animal that can't supposedly be domesticated has such a gentle nature." Maverick expressed, believing dirt buffalos were as misunderstood as many other creatures.

Latnok, who was about to start removing his armor, stood up from his sitting position on the bed, not expecting any sort of visitor right now. Leoquin again? Maybe he was bored and wanted to talk more.
"Coming." Latnok walked on over to the door, opening it gently - and was surprised to see Angora of all people here. There had to be something she absolutely, without a doubt, needed from him, unless she was just here to try to speak with Raclaw.
"Hey, Angora," Latnok greeted casually. "Wasn't expecting you to stop by for a visit. I take it you're not just here to say hello and chat about the execution tonight? Or are you here for Raclaw?"

Angora was frustrated to see him, but as usual, kept her feelings to herself. At least he had been decent enough to treat her politely as soon as he saw her.
"I don't want to talk about the execution. Nor do I want to see Raclaw. I'm only here cause Sere asked me to ask you and Risar permission to go on the next journey. I already talked to him and he allowed it. I only need yours now..." Angora explained rather nervously, unable to look at Latnok directly.

But before waiting for a response, she proceeded to do something else.
"Before you ask, I'm only going to gain more experience. The soldiers were planning to separate me from Shady and I simply made the first move. The last journey helped me, so I figured that if I could increase my skills with this one, I could prove myself to those soldiers and they'll allow me to stay with him permanently." Angora quickly explained, figuring that Latnok would ask her reasons anyway, so she just explained herself at that very moment, saying exactly what she told Risar in case he and Latnok talked to each other about her intentions.
---
#2076 Posted: 23:55:38 11/02/2019
Latnok gave Angora a blank stare for a few moments before nodding in understanding. "Come in, have a seat," he said. As he did, he himself went over to take a seat on his bed - grabbing a glass of beer from the nightstand with one hand and taking a sip. Something about Angora looking into self-improvement was a bit unbelievable - but he supposed that she would do anything for her friend. With his other hand, Latnok grabbed the tooth he removed from the spider he slew to satisfy one of his jobs.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2077 Posted: 00:06:34 12/02/2019
Angora hesitantly entered, feeling rather uneasy with Latnok's out of the blue hospitality after their history. When he grabbed the beer and the tooth, she imagined that everything had all been a simple attempt to show off. She wasn't impressed. Wanting to avoid looking at Latnok directly, she instead opted to look at Raclaw and Chester. They looked well taken care of, though it still eluded her why they wanted to hang out with somebody as controlling and cruel as Latnok... unless that was a treatment reserved only to her? It didn't matter to Angora. As she sat, she waited silently for Latnok's permission, feeling like running into a wall and hopefully break it so she could escape that room. Although Latnok hasn't treated her badly... yet, she believed it was only a matter of time...
---
#2078 Posted: 00:14:06 12/02/2019
"Come on, now, it's polite to look at people you're trying to have a conversation with," Latnok said. "I even got you something. You like teeth, right?" Latnok tossed the spider tooth to Angora without waiting for a response, before taking another swig of beer. "You know, you really should try working on this 'communication' thing. It'll go a long way to having people listen to you more." Latnok didn't know exactly what Angora was expecting - did she think she could just come in, demanding his permission to be in the crew, without showing him the slightest bit of good manner? Maybe she was the one drinking...
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2079 Posted: 00:24:33 12/02/2019
Angora was starting to feel even more uneasy with the sudden politeness. She was so used to having Latnok insult and abusing her that him being this nice, to the point of even getting her a present was foreign territory. When she saw him chugging on that beer, the only explanation she could come from his behavior was him being hopelessly drunk, although the smell wasn't as strong. She looked at the tooth, not willing to admit that the time with Shade's teeth was simply a childish whim back then. But being a troll, she still liked pointy things, even if she was unwilling to go through such theatrics as back then.
"Wouldn't it be better if I was just mute? No matter what I say or do, I'll always seem wrong..." Angora finally said after much silence and droopy ears, still not looking at Latnok directly. She was just too scarred with everything he has done to her.
---
#2080 Posted: 00:31:31 12/02/2019
Latnok chuckled when Angora mentioned being mute. He, too, was going to try being polite with her this time and seeing if she responded to it more favorably than she had many times in the past. After all, he did have a better idea of how she truly felt...
"Come on. Lighten up a bit," he said. "Maybe you need some beer as well. Speaking of which... have you tried any of the alcohol on the ship? Might put you in a bit of a better mood. Oh, yeah, about the talking bit - I dunno, maybe try asking Ilasi for lessons on how to be polite and respectful? She seems to have it down pat. Probably better at it than any of the men on the ship, that's for sure." Latnok was feeling quite relaxed, having some alcohol, though he was still in control of his faculties.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2081 Posted: 00:44:16 12/02/2019
Angora shook her head slowly, still unable to believe what was going on. She even hid her hands in her robe and pinched herself to make sure this wasn't some weird dream. Hopelessly drunk was the only way to explain this sudden politeness.
"I... don't like alcohol." Angora explained bluntly but in a passive voice, not mentioning Ilasi and trying very hard not to rub Latnok the wrong way. She had been waiting for so long for him to treat her better. But he has been mean to her for such a long time that now that he was actually being kinder, it was... disturbing. Asides being drunk, Angora wondered if there was something else he was planning. She wanted his answer so badly, but didn't want come off as too strong, fearing that if she did, he wouldn't have the permission she was waiting for.
---
#2082 Posted: 00:56:40 12/02/2019
Latnok shrugged physically and verbally, not surprised that Angora would deflect such an offer. "Suit yourself, then. Do try to lighten up, though. Come on - give it a try. Smile... smile! Give it a try! Like this!" Latnok himself gave a broad, mirthful grin. "Just like that! People will like you a lot more if you do that sort of thing! The very least you could do is smile after some great triumph - speaking of which, pretty good job fighting the White Shadow there! Pretty tough bastard, eh? Wish I could've been there for that!" Latnok took yet another swig of beer, oddly enjoying the conversation.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2083 Posted: 01:09:06 12/02/2019
As incredible as Angora found it, a kind Latnok was even scarier than a rude, insulting one. Whatever was in that beer, she wanted none of it. She never expected Latnok to know about her participation with the White Shade, but figured Sere told someone after all. Despite Latnok's offer about a smile, all she could muster was a half one, still avoiding eye contact with him and anybody could almost swear the muscles of her face were making a sound with all the hard straining. She kept her mouth closed, feeling that if she opened it, she would scream. Just how drunk was this man? She believed he would return to his old self once they were on the ship, but as much as she wanted to enjoy this likely moment of politeness, she just couldn't. She was beginning to think that her battle with the behemoth and the White Shadow was less stressful than this...
---
#2084 Posted: 01:17:18 12/02/2019
Latnok was hoping that Angora would actually have a more favorable response, but wasn't surprised. "Eh, I guess we'll call it a work in progress," he said, before taking another sip of beer. "You see, the thing about working with other people is, even if you're useful in a vacuum, if others can't tolerate your presence, then you just drag morale down, and that makes the crew weaker overall. So if you want to be an asset, you have to become someone that people actually want to work with. Get what I'm saying? Picking up what I'm putting down? Are you tracking? Still with me? Good... so tell me, what do you think you have to offer as far as that is concerned?" If Latnok wasn't actually going to get such behavior from Angora right now, he'd make her explain why he should expect her to be good company on the ship.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2085 Posted: 01:39:46 12/02/2019
Angora was visibly shaking, very disturbed by this sudden behavior. When Latnok mentioned morale, that's when she felt able to speak again.
"Morale? You think that's MY fault? Come on! How else do you explain the crew's rude treatment of me? Especially that merman? It wasn't only because I'm friends with Shade. You think I don't know you and Sere talked badly about me? You always worry that I will badmouth you, but that's precisely what you did to me! That merman came up with very rude nicknames for me, and Maverick as well. I may deserve it, but he doesn't! You speak about morale, but how do you expect us to do that when you made sure ours was all splattered!? You kept insulting me, belittling me, and when others did, you did NOTHING!" Angora accused, tearing up again and pulling her ears. She then tried to calm herself again, terrified that venting will simply get her into more hot water with him.

After breathing and sighing for a while, she managed to calm herself enough to talk normally.
"I don't want trouble. I never do. But if people keep treating me badly because I don't know how to talk well, or worse yet, because I'm a troll, then how can there be any progress? Trolls don't socialize well. I was only willing to make my parents proud, but they wanted to kill me because I didn't grow up and was making the clan look weak. Then I tried other species, but they found me too ugly or rude. I had to pretend to be a deformed goblin for most of my life to win at least some little acceptance. Do you know how that is!?! The only ones who ever loved me for who I am was Maverick, because he's a fool with a heart too big for his own good, and Shade... he does it because he thinks he thinks he owes me... or maybe even because I do stuff for him and going through some unbearable pain to help him..." Angora concluded, putting in doubt once again her friendship with Shade. The pain she had faced was too much, and she wanted Latnok to know it, even if he already had an idea thanks to Raclaw. Even though she didn't mentioned it, she blamed both Latnok and Sere a great deal for this pain...
---
#2086 Posted: 05:28:51 12/02/2019
"If we knew about your moves ofcourse we would know about his. Look the dragon attacked our village and any one not ready to work with him was killed. We had no choise. The fox speaked to you about the dragon, because he needed to be sure that you dont know about his connection with the dragon. That fox cares about two things money and a vixen. We where trying to get her because then he could not do anything to us. Trying to get the male would be impossile, when you are with Blue someone is always close" The man said with the same voice as before

"I know big guy I know..... " Dex said with a friendly but sad voice. "Btw If you are here are Angora and the others close? I dont know what the dragon with a color as a name wants, atleast not just to attack, but it would still be useful If others knew that he is somewhere close" Dex said with a thoughtfull voice
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2087 Posted: 10:28:13 12/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“Unfortunately she left to go with Sere. She did say she would be back and I hope by that time this country won’t use me as a weapon of destruction. I...I never want to use my powers for killing no matter who they are.” Shade said.
---
SC
#2088 Posted: 10:37:41 12/02/2019
Latnok gave a slight frown, having been disappointed by Angora's outburst - even if he wasn't fully surprised. "Let's get one thing straight," he said firmly. "The only thing we have ever told our crew is exactly what you discussed with Godfather Sere in their presence. Okay? Now, people will look much more favorably on you if you don't have outbursts like these. That's the sort of thing that got you into this whole mess to begin with. So that's going to be a 'no' from me - you don't have my approval, as I don't have any assurance that you won't do something like that on the ship on a regular basis. However, I'll give you the chance to change my mind tomorrow. Got it?" Latnok took another sip of beer after making his decision.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2089 Posted: 15:02:28 12/02/2019
Angora knew she had messed up once more, and knowing Latnok, she shouldn't be surprised. Nevertheless, she wanted to try to convince him once more, this time filling herself with valor to look at him straight in the eyes for the first time since getting there
"Please, I... want to go. That wasn't an outburst. It was venting. I'm not going to lower morale! I'll pretend to be invisible as usual. Please!" she pleaded in a low voice to prevent herself from yelling. Even though she wanted to cry, her sobbing in the hallway made her unable to shed tears at that moment.

"If we knew about your moves ofcourse we would know about his. Look the dragon attacked our village and any one not ready to work with him was killed. We had no choise. The fox speaked to you about the dragon, because he needed to be sure that you dont know about his connection with the dragon. That fox cares about two things money and a vixen. We where trying to get her because then he could not do anything to us. Trying to get the male would be impossile, when you are with Blue someone is always close" The man said with the same voice as before.

Huntress still wasn't sure. Even though she wanted to believe them, there was too much to take in.
"My only goal is to keep Aelinon safe. The Silvianesti are already enough threat. If you can't tell me the dragon's whereabouts, are you sure those foxes can?" she asked, still not lowering her guard. She felt bad for following this lead when she should be investigating the elves, but this lead was one of a kind.
---
#2090 Posted: 16:36:45 12/02/2019
Well, at least she's capable of looking people in the eyes, Latnok thought, as he looked up for a moment in pondering before returning his gaze to Angora.
"Fine, I'll accept you, on the conditions that you maintain civil behavior and show some effort at self-improvement every day. It's obvious that you won't train with me, even for your own betterment - which is why I had to have Maverick give you that telepathy scroll just so you would read it. So you can train however you want - but you will train to make yourself more useful on a regular basis. Just don't make me regret my decision. I shouldn't have to be the one to hide things from the captain so you don't get tossed overboard." Latnok took another sip of beer as he waited for Angora to reject his rather reasonable terms.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2091 Posted: 17:19:07 12/02/2019
Angora wasn't surprised about the scroll, although she was reminded of the time she lost it in Blue's castle. At least she could read and learn from it before it disappeared. Right now, she was only glad she could convince Latnok. She was certain he would've been the stubborn oaf he usually was. A drunk Latnok was ironically more reasonable and likable.
"Sure. Fine. Okay. No problem." Angora replied politely, showing a genuine smile to him for a couple of seconds, but making it disappear as soon as she realized whom she was smiling to. At last, her objective was complete. She didn't know if his decision was thanks to the beer, but he already gave his approval, and she had both Raclaw and Chester as witnesses.
---
#2092 Posted: 18:21:02 12/02/2019
"Well, that was easy...." Latnok said confusedly. "Was expecting a little more protesting or contrariness. Well, if you're not sticking around to chat, then I'll see you when we start," Latnok said. "Check in with the ship every morning to get updates on when we're moving out. Try not to get into any fights or destroy anythinf while you're waiting." Latnok downed the rest of his beer before sitting back.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2093 Posted: 18:38:45 12/02/2019
”Well you will for sure fine the dragon if you get the fox. We can spy him down and help you, if you just can get the town guard to help, we will be able to overpower his men. If it is about his life he will tell where to find the dragon. We know where the old base was, but we also know there is a new one, and that one we never have seen. Our resources are too small to find it. But if you get the fox, he will know, and then soldiers can take them down which would be great both for Aelinon and for us. So will you help us to take down Blue. You can always tell the guards about the vixen, if theymention knowing about her the fox will speak easily. Now will you help us? You can not find Blue without us, and we can not take him down without your and guards help.” The man said with serious voice

” I see.... And I know big guy, I have seen too much of your pain also..... I just hope you could be happy. I need to go now, but if you ever need me send a latter for this guy (Dex gave a name). He will make sure I get it. He has the connections, but he does only work for us as a name to send letters. That means you can send letters without nobody knowing Thats its for me. If so somebody asks Why this guy say that you want some special food , he is a shopkeeper. Will you be Okey” Dex said and started to leave, but made sure to listen what Shade would response.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#2094 Posted: 22:49:46 12/02/2019 | Topic Creator
“It was good seeing you again Dex. I will have to hide it in code because they don’t let me out of here except for excersise.” Shade said.
---
SC
#2095 Posted: 23:38:22 12/02/2019
"Well, that was easy...." Latnok said confusedly. "Was expecting a little more protesting or contrariness. Well, if you're not sticking around to chat, then I'll see you when we start," Latnok said. "Check in with the ship every morning to get updates on when we're moving out. Try not to get into any fights or destroy anythinf while you're waiting." Latnok downed the rest of his beer before sitting back.

Angora nodded with neutral smile, happy that she finally managed to get both approvals, but at the same time rather upset that Latnok still saw her as someone that destroyed things and looked for trouble. Leaving her seat rather fidgety, Angora headed to the door, giving a brief glance to Rackaw and Chester before leaving the room.

Once in the hallway, she sighed big, having mixed emotions. She didn't know if this had been another test set by the stranger, cause if he was spying, then he would know the rocky relationship she had with him and Sere. It has been a stressful situation. Latnok had been kind to her, but the damage he did to her has been so huge that it was too strange to her. But chances were the kindness was out of being drunk, so Angora still firmly believed he would be back to his old, cruel self once the effects of the alcohol were over.

”Well you will for sure fine the dragon if you get the fox. We can spy him down and help you, if you just can get the town guard to help, we will be able to overpower his men. If it is about his life he will tell where to find the dragon. We know where the old base was, but we also know there is a new one, and that one we never have seen. Our resources are too small to find it. But if you get the fox, he will know, and then soldiers can take them down which would be great both for Aelinon and for us. So will you help us to take down Blue. You can always tell the guards about the vixen, if theymention knowing about her the fox will speak easily. Now will you help us? You can not find Blue without us, and we can not take him down without your and guards help.” The man said with serious voice.

Huntress was still skeptical, not certain if this man was speaking the truth, but for now, they were all she had. She made sure to memorize each of their faces, and feeling like they were done, she saddled her rented horse.
"Fine then. I'll make sure to keep a closer eye on them..." was all she said, letting the man go... for now. She would study Dex and her female friend more carefully next time, but without leaving those three off the hook. Dex seemed to be running away from Blue all of the sudden, but then these men appear out of nowhere with the story that it's HIM the one who is working for the dragon. She would have to find a loophole during her conversation with the fox to see if he would flinch and find out who was telling the truth.
---
#2096 Posted: 23:52:49 12/02/2019
With nothing much else to do, Latnok simply took off his armor before crawling into bed after a brief chat with Raclaw about the day's happenings. He thought about what was happening in Aelinon briefly - and was glad that it wouldn't be his mess to clean up. As he lay in bed, he wondered whether Angora had truly changed, or was just putting on a front to get what she wanted. He was going to hold her to her word.

After returning, it didn't take Ilasi and Maverick long to learn of the news of the king's ultimatum to Silvianesti. Ilasi just shrugged and put it to the back of her mind, having already dealt with similar news earlier in the day. She had other things she wanted to put her mind to right now - least of all something which wasn't within her control.

The night passed by Redwater, with much of the hubbub having died down. When dawn came, however, it soon picked back up.
"Hear, hear!" the town crier called out. "Martial law to be implemented in two days time! Prepare yourselves, citizens!" Leoquin, who was up and about early that morning to do some fishing, wasn't surprised or fazed by the news in the slightest. Many of Aelinon's citizens were used to it by now - its use in the much larger conflicts was one of the things which allowed Aelinon to function so effectively at home while providing much-needed support for the war effort.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2097 Posted: 00:14:32 13/02/2019
After leaving the Easy Eyrie, Angora spent the night in the docks, using a bunch of ropes and sacks to make herself a bed. She didn't want to spend the night on the ship due to knowing she was already going to spend many nights there, and none of the inns nearby convinced her. Although her temporary bed looked uncomfortable, she actually spent a pleasant night there, not being the first time she slept through such conditions. She was awoken by the town crier's yells, but when she found out his news were nothing that concerned her, she used her hood to drown out the sound and keep sleeping.

After returning, it didn't take Ilasi and Maverick long to learn of the news of the king's ultimatum to Silvianesti. Ilasi just shrugged and put it to the back of her mind, having already dealt with similar news earlier in the day. She had other things she wanted to put her mind to right now - least of all something which wasn't within her control.

Maverick had rented a room near the beach where they stayed, so that the sound of the waves could calm Ilasi's nerves. He was allowed to leave Dahlia outside the hotel, but she was forbidden from entering. He felt rather uneasy as well for everything Aelinon was facing, but it wasn't his business, nor was within his power to do anything about it, so he simply stayed put, receiving the morning still asleep.
---
#2098 Posted: 11:44:35 13/02/2019
With nothing much else to do, Latnok simply took off his armor before crawling into bed after a brief chat with Raclaw about the day's happenings. He thought about what was happening in Aelinon briefly - and was glad that it wouldn't be his mess to clean up. As he lay in bed, he wondered whether Angora had truly changed, or was just putting on a front to get what she wanted. He was going to hold her to her word.

As Latnok settled in for the night, so to did the furry duo that was Raclaw and Chester. The two held a brief conversation, however, before fully falling asleep-- a conversation concerning none other than Angora herself. "Is Angora really coming aboard with us?," Chester asked in a whisper-quiet tone. "So it would seem, although she was lucky to be offered an second chance. Mav should be coming aboard as well.," Raclaw responded in an equally quiet tone albeit with a hint of relief. "Will you fly me again? I really enjoyed the last flight?," Chester than asked seemingly changing topics at random as the little Beagle's thoughts wondered. "When I can. Now let's get some sleep-- who knows what will await us tomorrow?," the larger Fur dragon encouraged. "You're right... you're right...," Chester said as he settled in his usual sleeping position wrapped snugly beneath Raclaw's wing. "Good night Raclaw." -- "Good night Chester.," the two beloved companions said before closing their eyes. Raclaw's dreams went to that of Angora and Latnok... coassiding alongside each other aboard the Guardian ship. And feelings of hope could be felt over the bond.

As the sun rose and light once again shown itself through the windows of the Easy Eyrie-- both Raclaw and Chester were still sound asleep. The two both seemed to engaged in a dream, although obviously different dreams as the fur dragon's dreams were not yet known to merge with others' except under one or two very specific circumstances. Chester appeared to almost be running in his dreams; the Beagle's little legs gently wiggled and the little Beagle could've been doing any number of activities within his own personal dreamland. And if Latnok were to focus on Raclaw-- the bonded Guardian could actually 'hear' what seemed to be the Fur Dragon's own thoughts, despite the fact that he wasn't actively awake. "You did well Angora-- two months and not one sign of trouble. You kept your promises.," Latnok's own voice could be heard although he clearly had never said anything resembling the spoken line. "I was glad that Sere pushed me to talk to you-- perhaps there is hope between us yet.," the voice of Angora could then be heard as if in response to the fictional line spoken by the Guardian himself. It almost played out like a memory and yet it wasn't-- it clear that Latnok was actually listening into Raclaw's own dreams. The double bond now formed between the two was seemingly very powerful indeed.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:15:08 13/02/2019 by redwes
#2099 Posted: 16:20:54 13/02/2019
Back at the Orcford outpost, a team of wyvern riders had just descended. These weren't the royal guard - rather, they were military personnel attached somewhere else. After dismounting, they approached Shade to wake him up.
"Rise and shine," the captain ordered him. "We're going to be on the move soon. You're going to eat your breakfast, then we're gone."

As Latnok began to wake from sleep himself, feeling ready enough to face the day's challenges, Raclaw's own dreams began to filter into his mind. Two months and not one sign of trouble? That was quite the ambitious thought. Latnok was willing to give it a try, though, even if he had doubts of its efficacy. Chester, in the meanwhile, seemed to have a much more "practical" dream - at least that's what it seemed like - with his slight leg movements as he slept. It at least seemed a lot more fun than lofty expectations.
Latnok got out of bed to don his armor, the same way he did every day. When he had completely equipped himself, he went down to the lobby, ahead of his companions, to order some food.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#2100 Posted: 18:19:02 13/02/2019
Angora woke up for good this time, and after having a breakfast on a nearby stand, she headed to the ship, wanting to watch Risar at work to get to know him better but at the same time hoping Leoquin wouldn't be around. As she made her way to the gangplank, she wondered how Latnok woke up that morning, or if he remembered yesterday's conversation. She was even tempted to go to the Easy Eyrie later that day to see if his politeness had been genuine or a ridiculous effect of the alcohol.

From their new hotel, Maverick was waking up. Despite the bed not being too bad and having a dreamless night, he nevertheless didn't sleep well. Perhaps it was something on the bed or he was just uneasy with everything happening to Aelinon. He wanted to sleep more, but he didn't want Ilasi to wake up first again. He wanted to surprise her with breakfast in bed like he usually did, but he was too tired. He had bags under his eyes, blurry vision and yawning. But even with that, he was looking around the room for Ilasi, hoping she didn't wake up first...

That morning, Huntress' first move was to get some breakfast, packing some weapons that she believed could hurt on a sneaky, dangerous water dragon and then saddled the same horse from yesterday to get to the black market. In the times she watched Dex and his female friends, they both looked like they knew around really well, which made her come to the conclusion that they frequented the market quite often. Huntress was hoping she could find Dex or his friend by chance that morning, and see if the three men from yesterday were indeed telling her the truth...
---
First | Previous | Page 42 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me