Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Unhappy Woman Berates Husband for "cheap ring"
Page 1 of 1
Unhappy Woman Berates Husband for "cheap ring"
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1 Posted: 18:08:29 01/10/2018 | Topic Creator
https://www.boredpanda.com/unh...g-ring-receipt/

People are honestly terrible
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 19:10:44 01/10/2018
>ring is $1700 usd

***** thats not ****ing cheap if you want a 1 million dollar ring then go be trumps gold digger.

he most likely worked really hard for that money, and wanted to make you happy. if my boyfriend did that for me id be over the moon, even if it was just $500 ring. smilie
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3 Posted: 19:18:38 01/10/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
>ring is $1700 usd

***** thats not ****ing cheap if you want a 1 million dollar ring then go be trumps gold digger.

he most likely worked really hard for that money, and wanted to make you happy. if my boyfriend did that for me id be over the moon, even if it was just $500 ring. smilie

Yeah, that's money I'd honestly dream of

Not that my feelings are on a price tag
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#4 Posted: 19:18:56 01/10/2018
Ah yes, the cheap ring that would pay for about 2 months rent at a cheap apartment.
---
Hahahahaha
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#5 Posted: 19:47:27 01/10/2018
I definitely agree with you guys that she should not complain about the price tag when it comes to the ring, even if her fiance could probably afford an even higher priced ring like she claimed he could. Which is stupid. Don't assume your partner should get the ring the size of his paycheck, because that's so greedy and obviously gold digging.

However, I think her complaint also stems from the fact that the ring does...not look good at all for the price it's at. It's an engagement ring, a piece of jewelry that is supposed to represent their everlasting love. She's going to wear this ring for the rest of her life (hopefully) and she didn't even get to choose a ring together with her fiance. He just kind of picked it out for her without asking what she would like, instead of going out to the nearest jeweler together and choosing together what ring to get. That is what all couples should do if they're planning to be married, for promise, engagement, and wedding rings.

It's an important and big thing - while the price of the ring shouldn't matter, how the wearer feels about the look should for both the bride and groom.

But in the end, she still complained about the price which doesn't place a good image on her complaints at all. Because of that, i'm kinda neutral about my stance on this woman. Your love should always matter more than the ring, but if the ring is a symbol of that love, it should be something the couple can be proud to strut around in.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#6 Posted: 20:48:22 01/10/2018
^ i agree with you 100%,however, she can choose to take off her engagement ring post wedding and just wear her wedding ring. those are supposed to be more detailed and personalized, i think? i binged 5 seasons of say yes to the dress but it didn't go over this stuff. :P
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#7 Posted: 16:22:50 02/10/2018
I wish people weren’t so materialistic. Guy’s friend was right; girl ain’t right for him at all if she’ll go and pull that ****.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
#8 Posted: 16:34:13 02/10/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
^ i agree with you 100%,however, she can choose to take off her engagement ring post wedding and just wear her wedding ring. those are supposed to be more detailed and personalized, i think? i binged 5 seasons of say yes to the dress but it didn't go over this stuff. smilie

Traditionally, you are supposed to wear your engagement ring next to your wedding band, with the band being the one "closest to your heart" meaning closest to the palm. However, many people are straying away from tradition these days, so she totally could just stop wearing it after she's married and keep just the wedding band.

And girl, I FEEL you. When I'm in the romantic lovey dovey mood, I love binging Say Yes to the Dress. I'm not super knowledgeable in "wedding ring etiquette" myself, just some light research because this topic intrigued me, but wedding bands are very traditionally very simple while engagement rings are the more "personalized" one.

That's why I'm sympathetic to her reasoning of wanting to pick out the ring together to get something she would like stylistically, but again, kind of shallow that one of her other complaints were the cost of the ring.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:37:48 02/10/2018 by TheFlyingSeal
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#9 Posted: 13:00:44 04/10/2018
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
She's going to wear this ring for the rest of her life (hopefully) and she didn't even get to choose a ring together with her fiance. He just kind of picked it out for her without asking what she would like, instead of going out to the nearest jeweler together and choosing together what ring to get. That is what all couples should do if they're planning to be married, for promise, engagement, and wedding rings.

How is he supposed to choose it with her if you're supposed to show it to her when you ask her to marry you in the first place?

This whole kind of thing is why I never plan on getting married. It's all a big song and dance where you have to go through all the motions in just right way or else the magical "feeling" is destroyed. Bleh.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#10 Posted: 17:29:57 04/10/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
She's going to wear this ring for the rest of her life (hopefully) and she didn't even get to choose a ring together with her fiance. He just kind of picked it out for her without asking what she would like, instead of going out to the nearest jeweler together and choosing together what ring to get. That is what all couples should do if they're planning to be married, for promise, engagement, and wedding rings.

How is he supposed to choose it with her if you're supposed to show it to her when you ask her to marry you in the first place?

This whole kind of thing is why I never plan on getting married. It's all a big song and dance where you have to go through all the motions in just right way or else the magical "feeling" is destroyed. Bleh.

That's an incredibly pessimistic way to look at it. Wedding traditions are changing rapidly, because couples focus on what traditions are more important to them rather than what society tells them. Not only that, they focus on what's more arguably more important in the whole grand scheme.

These days, presenting wedding rings aren't even a surprise anymore. Many women would rather choose the ring together with their partner, and many of them would rather have the proposal be in private. Sure, you see all these elaborate ways people propose to their partner, but that's because they chose to post it on social media for everyone to see. That doesn't mean it's the social norm. Most of the times, these big fancy proposals you see are actually rehearsed, and the question was already asked beforehand.

Even the whole "it's just a legal union" doesn't matter anymore, because if they want those legal benefits, you can get them if you live together for a specific amount of time.

Marriage, today and as it should be, is about love. The ring doesn't matter, the proposal doesn't matter, even a whole big ceremony doesn't matter. Tons of married couples break tradition in someway, because they want that special feeling to be special to them. That's why so many gay men and women fought so hard to get Gay Marriage legalized; they wanted that special union and celebration of their love for the whole world to see for the rest of their lives.

If you have someone truly special to you, someone who you love and who loves you back just the same, then you'd want your union to be special for the both of you. In the end, it's the love that matters, and working together for that forever. There shouldn't be a song and dance around eggshells with fear of falling, but rather, a song and dance that's soft, slow, and tender.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me