Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Showrunners Lied About Season 3 Content? *Spoilers*
Page 1 of 1
Showrunners Lied About Season 3 Content? *Spoilers*
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#1 Posted: 01:47:29 29/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Alright bois, it's time for me to rant about something. As the title states, there's gonna be a few spoilers here.

You might know that before the show actually aired, the new showrunners decided to do a Twitter takeover for the Skylanders twitter account. On there, they gave out a great deal of information about Season 3. The thing is, a lot of the information that was given out, was not even true.

I'm not even going to get into some of the plot holes, and glaring instances of deus ex machina present all throughout the season because in reality, nothing quite irks me as much as lying about the contents of the season.

Alright, so one of their tweet responses referred to how there would be "Plenty of new faces this season." This is simply not true. The only new characters this season were Flynn, Dark Spyro, and Coco. At the time of this tweet, all of those characters were already known to be in this season, so I fail to see how that can be considered to be plenty of new faces. Similar tweets saying there were "a bunch of new characters" were also sent out.

It was also stated that Cy's storyline from season 2 would be continuing, but in a new way. There was not a single mention of Cy in this season, so I fail to see how that actually makes any sense. The only potential explanation for this is that they were referring to his interactions with King Pen as "his storyline" but even that is questionable at best.

Someone also asked if characters like Chill and Rollerbrawl would be receiving more screentime, to which they replied, "Season 3 has got you covered!" Chill, Hex, Rollerbrawl, Flashwing, and Trigger Happy did not even get a single line as far as I know, and Food Fight and Wind Up both got a single line. In what way does Season 3 have us covered then? There was a bigger focus on the core set of characters this season than last season by far. For that matter, Sprocket was only actually present in a single episode, and Cynder was only in the final two. That's kind of crazy. Oh yeah, and no broccoli guy, and a single brief moment of Golden Queen, WTF?

Then there's Malefor. Supposedly playing a "pivotal role" in Season 3. If by pivotal role, you mean he is tricked by a stupid, convoluted plot by Spyro and gets a total of 10 minutes of screentime in a single episode then sure. And again, don't get me started on how he can just go from defeating all the Skylanders simultaneously to getting defeated by Spyro single-handedly.

I seriously tried to look for the good in this, I wanted this season to live up to the expectations that were set by the showrunners on Twitter, but ultimately, when they just flat out lie about the contents of the season, I', not sure how I'm supposed to react. The story wasn't actually horrible, but when you set the bar at a certain level by tweeting out these things that just aren't true, that's a recipe for disappointment. I can't be the only one who sees how wrong this is right?
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#2 Posted: 09:22:02 29/09/2018
I don’t get why the would lie about these things they could of have just kept quite about things...I was really disappointed not to see any of the things that were mentioned...most of the budget went to the locations and making the animation better.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 11:19:37 29/09/2018
Well, it's not like you can report tweets for misleading advertisement unless Netflix accepts that as marketing. It is very scummy though, and I would complain with screenshots of those tweets as proof. I'd leave the screenshot here so others could join in too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#4 Posted: 13:26:13 29/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Well, it's not like you can report tweets for misleading advertisement unless Netflix accepts that as marketing. It is very scummy though, and I would complain with screenshots of those tweets as proof. I'd leave the screenshot here so others could join in too.

I have screenshots of all these tweets I’ll put up later when I’m on my desktop. I made a video about all of these tweets and I can’t help but feel personally responsible for spreading false information. I’m glad I’m not the only one that sees this as blatant false advertising though.

Quote: KingMed
I don’t get why the would lie about these things they could of have just kept quite about things...I was really disappointed not to see any of the things that were mentioned...most of the budget went to the locations and making the animation better.

I feel like I’d be a lot less upset about this season if they hadn’t tweeted this stuff. They directly overhyped this season with these tweets.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:27:41 29/09/2018 by ninja9351
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 13:32:50 29/09/2018
Cy's disappearance and Malefor's glorified cameo is something definately worth at least complaining with nice words(so please don't harass the showrunners, just a 'hey what happened to that?'). At least with Ninjini they just said they liked her episode, nothing about her appearing.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#6 Posted: 23:11:45 29/09/2018
Quote: ninja9351
Someone also asked if characters like Chill and Rollerbrawl would be receiving more screentime, to which they replied, "Season 3 has got you covered!" Chill, Hex, Rollerbrawl, Flashwing, and Trigger Happy did not even get a single line as far as I know, and Food Fight and Wind Up both got a single line. In what way does Season 3 have us covered then? There was a bigger focus on the core set of characters this season than last season by far. For that matter, Sprocket was only actually present in a single episode, and Cynder was only in the final two. That's kind of crazy. Oh yeah, and no broccoli guy, and a single brief moment of Golden Queen, WTF?

I mean technically they got more screentime if you consider that they had time on-screen. So at least he didn't lie about it.

I'm just kidding you don't even need to argue with me I know I'm wrong.
---
Bruh
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#7 Posted: 23:53:50 29/09/2018
They could of added all of those things that they lied about in the show anyways they’re the writers they make the decisions + they can re-use any past character going over budget isn’t even an excuse this time around smilie
I think they did this so people would be hyped and they would garente a fourth season , but still they could of worked harder to include more stories for the side characters it’s not like dark Spyro was doing something different every episode smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me