Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > your opinions on hitting your significant other?
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
your opinions on hitting your significant other?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#1 Posted: 22:22:29 16/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Just randomly at worked I heard gossip about someone hitting his girlfriend and they just kinda talked about it like it was nothing. Just wondering on how people here see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:23 16/09/2018 by somePerson
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#2 Posted: 23:01:00 16/09/2018
that doesnt sound ok
Spyroboy Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12015
#3 Posted: 23:02:10 16/09/2018
Ain't nothing wrong with whips and chains.
---
「恋愛なんてだっさー‼ヤングは迷わずテクノブレイク一択でしょ‼」
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#4 Posted: 23:46:42 16/09/2018
um abuse

and/or

abuse

there is no opinion on this it's not a subjective thing lol it's just not okay
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#5 Posted: 23:49:40 16/09/2018
I am strongly against violence that is targeted towards loved ones - family, friends, lovers, children, etc. I am a lover, not a fighter, and I believe you shouldn't physically hurt those you love if you don't want to hurt them mentally. Because that's just ****ing crazy, I'm sorry.

I don't care how angry I get at him in the future, I will never hit my boyfriend. It just doesn't make any sense to me, why the hell would you hit someone that you love? Then there's the "it was an accident!" excuse. Hitting your S/O on accident is like....when you turn around really fast while you're holding something, but they're standing right behind you, and you whap them in the arm pretty hard with the thing you're holding. That's hitting them on accident. Slapping them in the face hard enough to form a bruise because they said something that made you angry is not an accident.

As for the kinky stuff, personally, I really have to be coaxed to do that. I cant even punch a friend's open palm because he's teaching me how to fight, since I don't want to hurt him. Hitting my lover in an incredibly vulnerable state??? oh god that's my worst mental nightmare, I'd be so stressed LMAO
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#6 Posted: 05:22:41 17/09/2018
This is contextual

HOW did your coworking hit his girlfriend?
If it was safe and consensual then good for them.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#7 Posted: 17:28:16 17/09/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX
This is contextual

How the hell is it contextual, the only way it's contextual is if he was telling someone about hitting her during sex which i would bet any money on isn't what was going on

"Dude I totally hit my girlfriend last night" "whoa dude what the ****" "no man it's okay she asked me to punch her in the face"

you cant ****ing consent to abuse
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:30:14 17/09/2018 by Grizzle
#8 Posted: 17:33:53 17/09/2018
Also I'm sorry but I like how the OP makes this seem like this ****ery is open to debate, it's not. Why is this a topic, how can anyone by any stretch of the imagination think this is gray and not black and white, there is no opinion on this, I mean there's a wrong opinion lol. If you think it's okay you belong in a jail cell
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#9 Posted: 17:35:37 17/09/2018
Grizzle I agree with you 100 %.

Why are you even asking opinions on this somePerson when it's flat out wrong? Kinda gross.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#10 Posted: 17:36:44 17/09/2018
[User Posted Image]
- - -
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#11 Posted: 17:50:27 17/09/2018
Quote: Grizzle
um abuse

and/or

abuse

there is no opinion on this it's not a subjective thing lol it's just not okay

thank you
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#12 Posted: 18:15:19 17/09/2018
Is this even debatable

You should never hit your significant other

(Unless your significant other is abusing you physically, in which case)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#13 Posted: 18:20:01 17/09/2018
I think OP was kind of just bringing up how domestic abuse has almost been normalized in a way, to the point where at work he heard people openly talking about it without realizing the full magnitude of the situation. Plenty of people (hopefully) know that hitting your loved ones is bad, but parts of society treat it as a punchline or regular occurrence. I don't think that he had bad intentions with making the topic or anything; tone is hard to pick up in text but I read it as him being disgusted too.

I could be wrong though. smilie
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#14 Posted: 18:27:08 17/09/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Is this even debatable

in which case its a lot ****ing harder to stand up to someone who hits you every day when you already feel powerless
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#15 Posted: 18:32:03 17/09/2018
someperson are u ****in serious
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#16 Posted: 18:48:12 17/09/2018
Quote: Clank
I think OP was kind of just bringing up how domestic abuse has almost been normalized in a way, to the point where at work he heard people openly talking about it without realizing the full magnitude of the situation. Plenty of people (hopefully) know that hitting your loved ones is bad, but parts of society treat it as a punchline or regular occurrence. I don't think that he had bad intentions with making the topic or anything; tone is hard to pick up in text but I read it as him being disgusted too.

I could be wrong though. /shrug

yeah sP was telling me in a call last night about how he heard his co-workers talking about it and he thought they were really scummy so i'm pretty sure this is a rhetorical question
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:48:29 17/09/2018 by Carmelita Fox
#17 Posted: 19:19:43 17/09/2018
i dunno the intention but he reiterates the question in the op so i dont think it's rhetorical, if he's asking about the opinion on how it's normalized nowadays, i mean i still dont fully understand but either way the title makes it seem like it's an open debate
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#18 Posted: 19:25:00 17/09/2018
Quote: Vespi
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Is this even debatable

in which case its a lot ****ing harder to stand up to someone who hits you every day when you already feel powerless

Hmmmmmmm

Yeah, your right
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#19 Posted: 20:00:35 17/09/2018
sP is trying to find abusive scum on the site and initiate a culling
thanks sP
#20 Posted: 20:11:54 17/09/2018
thanks sP

I'm 100% down for that, let us know where it'll be at somePerson.
---
#21 Posted: 21:28:46 17/09/2018 | Topic Creator
thanks sP

literally who are you
#22 Posted: 21:36:46 17/09/2018 | Topic Creator
But yeah I was just asking for your thoughts on what happened lol
#23 Posted: 21:54:41 17/09/2018
but you asked our opinion on hitting our significant other not the normalization of people being able to nonchalantly talk about it which alternatively i also dont really get

im still confused
#24 Posted: 22:11:28 17/09/2018
Quote: somePerson
thanks sP

literally who are you

[User Posted Image]
---
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#25 Posted: 01:02:56 19/09/2018
my ex always acted like he was gonna hit me when he was mad and it was like smilie i cant imagine actually going through abuse
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:03:10 19/09/2018 by Thunderdragon14
#26 Posted: 02:15:15 19/09/2018
This is contextual

How the hell is it contextual, the only way it's contextual is if he was telling someone about hitting her during sex which i would bet any money on isn't what was going on

"Dude I totally hit my girlfriend last night" "whoa dude what the ****" "no man it's okay she asked me to punch her in the face"

Abuse
Verb
treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

Hit
Verb
bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.

I would go further, but this site has children on it
You vanilla
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:15:44 19/09/2018 by KrystalLBX
#27 Posted: 03:01:01 19/09/2018
^ are you being serious
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#28 Posted: 03:50:33 19/09/2018
This is contextual

Abuse
Verb
treat (a person or an animal) with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

Hit
Verb
bring one's hand or a tool or weapon into contact with (someone or something) quickly and forcefully.

You vanilla

[User Posted Image]

i understand what you're trying to say, and yes if its consensual and you're both into that then its fine, but there is a HUGE difference between that and abuse, which is what sP is talking about. And no, abuse is in no way contextual.

now before someone jumps on me- i have to say that if bdsm and bdsm type behaviors are someone kink's thats fine, people are just into that sort of thing. but i highly doubt that's whats going on here.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:00:33 19/09/2018 by parisruelz12
#29 Posted: 12:25:39 19/09/2018
Quote: parisruelz12

Abuse
Verb

Hit
Verb

You vanilla

[User Posted Image]

i understand what you're trying to say, and yes if its consensual and you're both into that then its fine, but there is a HUGE difference between that and abuse, which is what sP is talking about. And no, abuse is in no way contextual.

now before someone jumps on me- i have to say that if bdsm and bdsm type behaviors are someone kink's thats fine, people are just into that sort of thing. but i highly doubt that's whats going on here.

As I said, it depends on the context

If it's in an abusive way: ABSOLUTELY NOT
If it's a kink: You do you, just be safe about it.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
#30 Posted: 13:45:23 19/09/2018

Abuse
Verb

Hit
Verb

You vanilla

[User Posted Image]

but the topic in question is about the latter, not the former
why did you even bring it up
#31 Posted: 14:14:08 19/09/2018

Abuse
Verb

Hit
Verb

You vanilla

[User Posted Image]

Abuse isn’t contextual. The topic is about abuse, which isn’t contextual!!!!
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#32 Posted: 17:40:56 19/09/2018
Even if it was about kinks, you think the person would be smart enough to know that saying in a public place that you hit your wife/girlfriend would sound suspicious at the very least.
---
Bruh
#33 Posted: 23:32:12 19/09/2018

[User Posted Image]

Just randomly at worked I heard gossip about someone hitting his girlfriend and they just kinda talked about it like it was nothing. Just wondering on how people here see this.

The gossip was never directly stated in the original post that they weren't gossiping about it being in an abusive way

Quote: FedUpWolf

Abuse
Verb

Hit
Verb

That's assault, which is illegal too.

But what if, I (for example) want to be hit on the butt? Is it still assault?
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:34:45 19/09/2018 by KrystalLBX
#34 Posted: 00:56:28 20/09/2018

The gossip was never directly stated in the original post that they weren't gossiping about it being in an abusive way

Quote: FedUpWolf

Abuse
Verb

Hit
Verb

That's assault, which is illegal too.

But what if, I (for example) want to be hit on the butt? Is it still assault?

dear ****ing god can you please shut the **** up about kinks
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#35 Posted: 01:00:54 20/09/2018
People seem to speak nonchalantly about this because these days it seems fairly common. In my opinion, it's like murder or sexual assault reports. It happens so often, unless it directly happens to you or someone close, it's like a, "Oh. That happened again. Humanity is doomed," kind of thing.

Now, this is definitely not okay and shouldn't be talked about in such a public place either way. As stated above, even if it was for something else, it is still rather suspicious. I hope the dude's girlfriend reported him or tried to get help.

Uh...some other people shared what I think, so this should be sufficient. Just never hit anybody. It is not right.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#36 Posted: 01:50:17 20/09/2018
krystal no offense but you seem to turn everything into a kink and like to talk bout sex, this was obviously about assault
#37 Posted: 02:11:05 20/09/2018
krystal no offense but you seem to turn everything into a kink and like to talk bout sex, this was obviously about assault

dear lord i even do the exact same **** because im an extremely sexual person but even then i know limits and i know sometimes you just dont make the damn joke
#38 Posted: 02:19:44 20/09/2018
[User Posted Image]

----------------------
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#39 Posted: 02:49:20 20/09/2018

me: *makes topic about dogs*

krystal: Just realized it's called doggy style because it looks like how dogs have sex.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#40 Posted: 05:10:47 20/09/2018
Looking at all the posts from Krystal and reading them multiple times.
[User Posted Image]

Let me tell you something. Just because the OP didn't clarify in the first post (which ya know came clean and clarified to me), doesn't mean it's exactly what you think it is. Especially since SP disproved your damn abuse kink talk you got going on in this thread. Seriously how are you not disgusted with your line of thinking? Especially on a serious subject?

OP: -sums up what he has heard from his fellow coworkers and implies that it's kind of scummy-

Literally you with your one way street: "Um actually it's contextual. -props up glasses like it's a contest to see who's right-"

Firstly, hitting your other can and is usually apart of abuse. Abuse can be physical or mental. Pretty sure you are aware of that. Secondly it's not really contextual, especially since SP literally made a few more posts to clarify **** completely debunking your 'contextual' bs, so idfk why you keep going on about it. Thirdly why the hell are you talking about kinks on a Purple Dragon forum? Especially in a fair portion of other threads that have no relevancy to such. If you need do some things, then go to a site that allows those things. Quit bringing it up so frequently especially on kind of ****ing serious subject matter.

Like had you asked "Oh was this about like straight up abuse or is it what they do in bed?" as a question instead of rolling on up like a smarty pants that act like they've been there. I would've been more forgiving in this post.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#41 Posted: 11:46:45 20/09/2018
I don't condone assault or abuse, but it doesn't mean the act itself isn't contextual. And I don't mean that in the way KrystalLBX meant it, I mean it in the way of "what caused it, matters." If you refuse to look at it that way then you're just dealing in absolutes.

In this particular case we don't really know what happened. Obviously I do think that what the guy did was wrong and it's idiotic to talk about it openly like it's no big deal, but I can't imagine something like that happening for no reason. I'd say there's probably more to it than the guy simply being an asshole.
#42 Posted: 16:27:32 20/09/2018
Quote: Samius
I don't condone assault or abuse, but it doesn't mean the act itself isn't contextual. And I don't mean that in the way KrystalLBX meant it, I mean it in the way of "what caused it, matters." If you refuse to look at it that way then you're just dealing in absolutes.

In this particular case we don't really know what happened. Obviously I do think that what the guy did was wrong and it's idiotic to talk about it openly like it's no big deal, but I can't imagine something like that happening for no reason. I'd say there's probably more to it than the guy simply being an asshole.

I'm sorry but no, this doesn't make any sense. Unless she was beating him a bat and then he hit her, and if that did happen, why would he so nonchalantly be talking about it in public to someone. You don't hit your girlfriend ever, there is no time when it is okay unless you are fighting for your life

Unless you can tell me a situation where this guys girlfriend would deserve to be hit.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9224
#43 Posted: 17:36:59 20/09/2018
Quote: Samius

I'm sorry but no, this doesn't make any sense. Unless she was beating him a bat and then he hit her, and if that did happen, why would he so nonchalantly be talking about it in public to someone. You don't hit your girlfriend ever, there is no time when it is okay unless you are fighting for your life

Unless you can tell me a situation where this guys girlfriend would deserve to be hit.

I don't recall implying that she deserved it. As I said, I don't condone assault or abuse and I'm not saying that the guy is innocent. I only said that we don't know the whole story. Now, to be fair, this guy may just as well be a complete lunatic, but we can't assume that for no reason either. And personally, I've seen enough fights to know that physical assault between two sane people that know each other doesn't just "happen".

So yeah, I just don't buy into whatever blind fervor about moral issues drives people. If you never examine the context of actions then you're just blinding yourself to things that could be there. I doesn't mean that you have to be neutral about issues, just don't close your eyes and think that you know things when you don't.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#44 Posted: 18:12:17 20/09/2018
I think even yelling and screaming at your significant other, or your children, is wrong, immature, and mentally unhealthy. If you're at the point where you're hitting people, you need to be locked up in a mental institution.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me