Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The wonders of Twitter [CLOSED]
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 10:22:46 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Not last Thursday but the Thursday before that, I got suspended from Twitter for a whole week over this one tweet...

[User Posted Image]

I geuinelyy want to believe I was in the wrong by threatening to punch a person but I doubt that was the reason. I should've seen it coming since Twitter was mass-suspending nearly everyone for calling out that hategroup TERF.

Everyone was all fine and dandy up until now because my account is limited for 24 hours because I told AlphaOmegaSin to go **** himself and called him a toxic asshat. No regrets.

Isn't Twitter just so magical? smilie
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#2 Posted: 11:18:43 03/09/2018
You forgot to put "mother****ing" before TERF-face. That's the problem.
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#3 Posted: 15:41:03 03/09/2018
Maybe they just don't want men in their female-centric movement.

You seem pretty violent. Are you a part of the alt-right?
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#4 Posted: 16:09:11 03/09/2018
may i please nuke your ireland?
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#5 Posted: 16:11:54 03/09/2018
Quote: Carmelita Fox
may i please nuke your ireland?

Please don't I have family there
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#6 Posted: 17:45:54 03/09/2018
Quote: AestheticDragon
Maybe they just don't want men in their female-centric movement.

You seem pretty violent. Are you a part of the alt-right?

man i really hope ur kidding about that first part
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#7 Posted: 19:00:24 03/09/2018
at least you just suspended. you could have been banned and not told why. Twitter loves doing that. Also btw, twitter’s suspension bots can’t determine a threat from a joke. Anyone who says something violent like that to another person might suspended. Just look at user I Hate Everything, he was suspended for a joke. He told his brother jokingly “I’m gonna kill you and your whole family” or something like that.

Even if it’s not a bot, it’s best not to make violent threats like that at all as it seems that twitter doesn’t investigate reports and just suspens (or bans) the person outright.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#8 Posted: 19:58:09 03/09/2018
oh wow threatening somebody lead to a suspension? I'm glad I'm not a child and aware that my actions have consequences!

and wtf why do people want disney to rehire james gunn again? so he can attend more pedo themed parties? gross
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:10:22 03/09/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
#9 Posted: 22:48:29 03/09/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
oh wow threatening somebody lead to a suspension? I'm glad I'm not a child and aware that my actions have consequences!

and wtf why do people want disney to rehire james gunn again? so he can attend more pedo themed parties? gross

Alright listen, we've disagreed on things in the past

But this is so wrong it's not even funny
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#10 Posted: 22:52:33 03/09/2018
https://www.cosmicbooknews.com...edophilia-party

b-buts he's a gud boy!!!!!!!
#11 Posted: 23:02:43 03/09/2018
Everything people say about Gunn now happened ten years ago. Seems more like people are really intent on digging up dirt to cause controversy.
#12 Posted: 23:07:14 03/09/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

Alright fair point
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#13 Posted: 23:07:55 03/09/2018
I dunno, man. I just don't like the double standard. Sometimes dirt gets dug up on celebrities and everyone goes wild and never lets it go (say, Trump), and other times... the common opinion says that the past doesn't matter (Gunn)? I just wish the media could maintain some form of consistency instead of picking and choosing which people deserve to be forgiven. <.> But who am I kidding...there's nothing the media loves more than pushing an agenda...
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#14 Posted: 23:16:51 03/09/2018
If it's stuff that actually affects the current state of things, then it should be noted and action should be taken, but I didn't see anything of that kind in GotG so I assume Gunn is more than past that.
#15 Posted: 23:19:03 03/09/2018
I am kinda curious of what that party is supposed to be, as it's called, "To catch a predator" So IDK what it's about

It probs involve predators is all I know(Not the cool ones from that movie)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#16 Posted: 23:27:24 03/09/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
I am kinda curious of what that party is supposed to be, as it's called, "To catch a predator" So IDK what it's about

It probs involve predators is all I know(Not the cool ones from that movie)

I think it was a TV series that was anti-pedophilia.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#17 Posted: 08:53:01 05/09/2018
Quote: StevemacQ
Not last Thursday but the Thursday before that, I got suspended from Twitter for a whole week over this one tweet...

[User Posted Image]

I geuinelyy want to believe I was in the wrong by threatening to punch a person but I doubt that was the reason. I should've seen it coming since Twitter was mass-suspending nearly everyone for calling out that hategroup TERF.

Everyone was all fine and dandy up until now because my account is limited for 24 hours because I told AlphaOmegaSin to go **** himself and called him a toxic asshat. No regrets.

Yeah, you probably shouldn't have said those things.

In your last topic about getting suspended from Twitter (which I also thought you deserved) you also insulted people and, through implication, called a big portion of the population of the US insane idiots.

In short, what you're doing is moronic. You're getting suspended for a reason, and if you keep doing it you will eventually get banned for a reason. I'd advice you to grow up and stop treating the world as if it was some perpetual political battleground. You'll only keep bringing this **** on yourself if you do.
#18 Posted: 10:05:10 05/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Samius

[User Posted Image]

In your last topic about getting suspended from Twitter (which I also thought you deserved) you also insulted people and, through implication, called a big portion of the population of the US insane idiots.

In short, what you're doing is moronic. You're getting suspended for a reason, and if you keep doing it you will eventually get banned for a reason. I'd advice you to grow up and stop treating the world as if it was some perpetual political battleground. You'll only keep bringing this **** on yourself if you do.

I want to believe I was wrong but the first time was because I insulting Elon Musk of all people when Twitter was mass-supending those impersonating or even dare mentioning the name Elon Musk. The second time was when Twitter went on a rampage against everyone with negative opinions against TERFs. I got caught in a tsunami made of algorithms and whatever else was trending.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#19 Posted: 11:00:27 05/09/2018
Quote: Samius

[User Posted Image]

I want to believe I was wrong but the first time was because I insulting Elon Musk of all people when Twitter was mass-supending those impersonating or even dare mentioning the name Elon Musk. The second time was when Twitter went on a rampage against everyone with negative opinions against TERFs. I got caught in a tsunami made of algorithms and whatever else was trending.

So when you look at the above comment that you made, and then the suspension based on "abusive behavior" you seriously don't connect the dots? You were being abusive. Algorithm or not, you deserved your suspension and you shouldn't complain about it afterwards.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#20 Posted: 20:14:38 06/09/2018
Quote: Buchi
Everything people say about Gunn now happened ten years ago. Seems more like people are really intent on digging up dirt to cause controversy.

more like a digital hit rather than a controversy but

Quote: The Verge
As noted by Polygon, conspiracy theorist Mike Cernovich — perhaps best known as one of the most active promoters of the fake “Pizzagate” conspiracy theory — began resurfacing some of Gunn’s old tweets, some going back nearly a decade. ... Cernovich also has a history of using old Twitter posts to target outspoken progressive voices. In 2017, he launched a similar smear campaign against MSNBC contributor Sam Seder over a sarcastic tweet Seder had posted regarding Roman Polanski back in 2009. MSNBC initially responded by cutting ties with Seder, though two days later, it reversed course. Gunn, it should be noted, has been a vocal critic of President Donald Trump and the GOP in general, making him a ripe target for someone like Cernovich to attempt to silence.

More about Mike Cernovich here.
#21 Posted: 21:29:18 06/09/2018 | Topic Creator
I just wanted to vent out on a humourous way since I couldn't do it on Twitter but I'm putting an end to this.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me