Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Waifus
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#1 Posted: 20:15:09 22/08/2018 | Topic Creator
So, I'm sure we probably know about this concept. A fictional character that someone finds attractive. If you don't think too much about it, it's not that strange, and acceptable at least. Some of us might joke about it and not take it seriously at all, some might have fictional characters they do find attractive, some might be particularly attracted towards a certain character. That last kind more than likely isn't something we think about often.

So let's think about it.

Could it be considered a problem? Do they consider their crush as a kind of emotional support? Maybe they've been too unlucky to recieve any kind of IRL companionship, leaving them to find a substitute instead. Maybe this is important, because what would they do without that emotional warmth? Maybe it is important. Maybe they see their crush as a motivation, a reason to act. Doen't we all have motivations and goals in life?

Perhaps they may have already had that chance at IRL but forsaken it for their fictional crush? Maybe there is something about their fictional crush they prefer over IRL? After all, humans have complex emotion systems and such, whilst their crush will always be there for them. Or it might be something else. Either way, this is also a possibility, that their crush was a choice or that they have become so attracted that, again, they prefer their crush over IRL?

I don't feel this strongly for anyone, fictional or otherwise, I'm just interested in this topic and your thoughts on it. And there may be other things that could create or affect a fictional relationship, too.
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2 Posted: 04:11:23 23/08/2018
I don’t think it should be considered a problem until they start talking to themselves and acting as if a real person is responding to everything they’re saying, or some other clearly delusional behavior. If not, and if it’s just some kind of emotional crutch of theirs, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Life is short, and happiness is fleeting. Let them have their cartoon girlfriends, if that’s what makes them happy.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
#3 Posted: 21:25:33 23/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: DeathOfADream
I don’t think it should be considered a problem until they start talking to themselves and acting as if a real person is responding to everything they’re saying, or some other clearly delusional behavior. If not, and if it’s just some kind of emotional crutch of theirs, I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. Life is short, and happiness is fleeting. Let them have their cartoon girlfriends, if that’s what makes them happy.

Yeah, I suppose talking to them and such is a bit creepy. But does that really affect others negatively? I mean, if they get violent or unkind over their crush, then it is a problem, but aside from that getting too close to the point of deeming them real is fine imo (again, if they don't get violent or unkind over it). Maybe having a fiction crush even turns them away from those kinds of actions because they feel that they have someone to console them, rather than being completely alone and lashing out at others.
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#4 Posted: 22:24:22 23/08/2018
Quote: Buchi
Quote: DeathOfADream

Yeah, I suppose talking to them and such is a bit creepy. But does that really affect others negatively? I mean, if they get violent or unkind over their crush, then it is a problem, but aside from that getting too close to the point of deeming them real is fine imo (again, if they don't get violent or unkind over it). Maybe having a fiction crush even turns them away from those kinds of actions because they feel that they have someone to console them, rather than being completely alone and lashing out at others.

Oh, I was only referring to delusional behaviors, as in seeming to believe that their crush is real and such, essentially questioning reality. That’s not exactly healthy. And of course if they get violent or angry because of their crush, I agree, that’s a problem.
Honestly, if their fictional girlfriend keeps them from acting out though, I see it as a positive, and all the more reason for their feelings and attachments to be justified. Everyone copes with things differently. If that’s how they calm violent or cruel behaviors, then I see no problem with it.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
#5 Posted: 23:15:52 23/08/2018 | Topic Creator
On the other hand, which these kinds seem to be more associated with (though some people like to always take things negatively), their crushes might indeed affect them negatively, causing them to be violent or unkind instead of deterring it. However, simply having a fictional crush doesn't mean one way or the other for certain. Perhaps it can affect positively or negatively.

In which case, would a positive or negative motivation be determined by who their crush is? This might be the deciding factor. Like role models. If their crush is cruel and psychotic, they may be driven towards those virtues, but if their crush is kind and sympathetic, then they would be driven towards those instead. It can go both ways.

But this isn't necesarrily true, either. They might have their crush based on their own personality rather than becoming influenced, or even a bit of both, having their crush only develop their mindset further. Which, again, could be either a negative or positive influence.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#6 Posted: 03:26:31 25/08/2018
Buchi: Bringing morals to anime since ????
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#7 Posted: 03:31:47 25/08/2018
I wish I had a wifu
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#8 Posted: 04:24:12 25/08/2018
Quote: Metallo
I wish I had a wifu

That's the beauty of a waifu, you can have whoever you want and they can't say no because they don't exist
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#9 Posted: 04:29:49 25/08/2018
Quote: Grizzle
I wish I had a wifu

That's the beauty of a waifu, you can have whoever you want and they can't say no because they don't exist

Btu that seems impeilsric and capitait
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#10 Posted: 04:32:12 25/08/2018
Quote: Grizzle
I wish I had a wifu

Btu that seems impeilsric and capitait

It very well may be but sometimes they wear cat uniforms and that's worth it in the end right?
#11 Posted: 06:33:24 25/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: StormDragon21
Buchi: Bringing morals to anime since ????

I mean, it is important we think about this, in a way. Interesting, at least. Every concept has a few ways of viewing it, waifuism is just one of these with, as I said, at least three different major viewpoints.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#12 Posted: 07:13:23 25/08/2018
ok here wah-ifu bam

[User Posted Image]
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#13 Posted: 09:59:09 27/08/2018
lol all 'waifus' are doing for me is making me question myself since it's full of screwed up characters
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#14 Posted: 13:13:12 27/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: DarkCynder_543
lol all 'waifus' are doing for me is making me question myself since it's full of screwed up characters

How so?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#15 Posted: 13:27:28 28/08/2018

How so?

uhhhhh *sweating intensifies
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:27:46 28/08/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#16 Posted: 13:39:40 28/08/2018 | Topic Creator

How so?

uhhhhh *sweating intensifies

Come on, you can talk about it. Let it out. We're here to help.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#17 Posted: 22:55:23 28/08/2018
hey dude all i want is for lucina to ram me up the ass thats not a bad thing
WAMBurt1984 Gold Sparx Gems: 2905
#18 Posted: 01:20:15 07/01/2019
I had a list of waifus. Sure someone would a problem with it. It me, why should I be sad? Love my waifus.
---
British, Geek, Playstation player, Spyro & Sparx fan (Duo not shipping) & Rachet & Clark/Crash/Xbox hater.
#19 Posted: 01:24:06 07/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Holy **** what was I on when I decided making this topic was a good idea?

Quote: WAMBurt1984
I had a list of waifus. Sure someone would a problem with it. It me, why should I be sad? Love my waifus.

Please post them. With pics.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me