Page 1 of 1
Spyro Reignited Trilogy Delayed!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 07:43:08 17/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Toys for Bob Studio Co-Head Paul Yan released a brief statement about the delay. “We’re deeply committed to getting these games right, so we’ve decided to move the release date of Spyro Reignited Trilogy to November 13, 2018.”

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2...rilogy-delayed/

thank god they took to their senses and delayed it, i guess they must have read one of my emails i send them. where i told them how bad it serious is to release only one game on the disc and put the rest as a download code. but now finally i can have a good sleep this night, it have been a difficult time worrying about the this game not getting properly done.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#2 Posted: 08:38:47 17/08/2018
Nowhere does it say that the other two games will be on a download code.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#3 Posted: 14:23:18 17/08/2018
ugh I thought the site was tripping when the countdown said 86 days but you've confirmed my fears smilie Though at least they said they are deeply committed to getting the games right
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#4 Posted: 14:50:11 17/08/2018
i waited 7 years for the last guardian, a few months is fine
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#5 Posted: 15:33:31 17/08/2018
It says Internet Download

You know what this means kids?

It isn't a download code!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#6 Posted: 16:59:50 17/08/2018
As others have said, there will still be a day one update. (Source) The delay means that it could be smaller/may not require internet anymore (ala N. Sane Trilogy), but the fact remains that it's still required.

In addition to that, it's basically been indirectly confirmed that the game will NOT require a download code, since it's being offered on Gamefly. The Gamefly website states that you need to go to the PSN/Microsoft Store to download "portions of Ripto's Rage! and Year of the Dragon."
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#7 Posted: 18:40:07 17/08/2018
I am slightly disappointed that it has been delayed, but at the same time I'm glad that the release date has been pushed back so they have more time to work on it. I'd rather have a polished game than a rushed out one.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#8 Posted: 23:33:39 17/08/2018

Well, looks like the game was indeed delayed to ensure all three games are on the disc and playable without additional download, hopefully.
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#9 Posted: 10:12:27 18/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fireworks

Well, looks like the game was indeed delayed to ensure all three games are on the disc and playable without additional download, hopefully.

great news! DEATH TO DOWNLOAD CODE CONFIRMED!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Fireworks Emerald Sparx Gems: 3094
#10 Posted: 11:49:16 18/08/2018
And there still most likely will be need for patches to fix bugs here and there. I just hope that like YongYea said, they won't be mandatory to be able to play all three games, even with some small bugs.
---
Don't mind me, I'm just not a very talkative person.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#11 Posted: 15:19:18 18/08/2018
If it means the game is more polished then I'll happily wait extra.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#12 Posted: 22:10:51 18/08/2018
Honestly if it means a more polished game, I can wait. Twas honestly hoping for less rushed out products this year.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#13 Posted: 23:28:06 18/08/2018
The main Spyro website still says that 2 and 3 require downloads, even after changing the release date.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:30 18/08/2018 by Hardback247
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#14 Posted: 23:42:28 18/08/2018
I have to imagine their main priority with the delay is first going to be getting Year of the Dragon finished, then looking into getting the other two games on the disk second.

So until then, I imagine they probably won't want to change that part of the site information until said change is set in stone, just on the tiny, tiny, tiny tiiiny off chance that even with the delay, they don't manage to have enough time to both finish Spyro 3, AND burn all three games onto the disk by the new release date.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#15 Posted: 07:24:44 19/08/2018
Well, I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily a tiny chance.
The problem with this situation is that even though Activision did the best thing possible by allowing TfB to work on the game a little longer, we aren’t sure about the entity and actual reason of this decision.

I am indeed inclined to believe that youtuber, as from what I understood he’s quite reliable and said some reasonable things, but the trilogy could still be “split” in two parts even with this delay with Spyro the Dragon on the disk and some portions of the sequels requiring a download.
That being said, all three games could already be on the disk and this is just an extra polishing to fix bugs and made it prettier.
A marketing reason isn’t to exclude either.

Without a clear explanation we can’t be sure about the current state of the game, which is why I strongly hope someone will reach out to the devs or Activision itself at GamesCom to try and get an answer from them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#16 Posted: 08:54:48 19/08/2018
I don't think they will give us an answer just yet, maybe somewhere down the line when it's closer to release.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me