Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Things that were scary as a kid but are not anymore.
Page 1 of 1
Things that were scary as a kid but are not anymore.
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#1 Posted: 07:50:31 08/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Beady long legs actually scared me because it was the first boss that I did without my dad when I was 6, not really a scary design though.
[User Posted Image]
The introduction of the Snipe in Crash of the Titans scared me because I didn't know it was coming and I thought it was just a scene with a cute fox, #stopabusingbabyfox
[User Posted Image]
Knaaren from Rayman 3 had an amazing buildup and introduction, I was too scared when I was in the room with the first puzzle that I stayed put for 10 minutes before I figured out what to do, then it kind of lost it's effect but it was still a cool concept and it was funny when they talk and they don't know you're listening.
[User Posted Image]
Next is Count Spatula from Cars the Video Game, you can't race as Luigi, Filmore or Sarge (you can in the sequels) BUT you can play as "Count Spatula". You know, FROM THE MOVIE!!! I was too scared to buy him because I thought he was gonna eat me if I did.
[User Posted Image]
The last one was when I was 4, it's REALLY PATHETIC tho, so there's your warning, this is the least scary thing I'm putting here.
There was this dog statue that looked similar to this at someones house, every time we went they had to put it away because I thought it would run up to me and bite my head off, I was a real p**** when I was little.
[User Posted Image]

For some reason when I was 5 the Werehog never scared me, seems like something that'd give me nightmares.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 10:08:30 08/08/2018
the rainforest cafe
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#3 Posted: 10:23:25 08/08/2018
[User Posted Image]

______
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#4 Posted: 14:18:26 08/08/2018
......Crush from spyro 2........
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8936
#5 Posted: 14:58:59 08/08/2018
I was really jumpy as a kid, so there's a lot of stuff that scared me even if it wasn't meant to be scary. General rule of thumb, if it got me unexpectedly or even just looked a little off, I was terrified of it (that's why I don't blame exefile for being scared of the dog statue). Heck, even just knowing that someone else was scared of it or that I was supposed to be scared of it did it for me.

As far as specific examples go, one came from an episode of Blue's Clues of all things. One episode had the Big Bad Wolf in it, and I don't know why, but the design of it freaked me the heck out. I actually had nightmares about it.

There's also the SpongeBob episode "Krab Borg", with the robot in the movie SpongeBob watches at the start. Like I said, I think it had to do with SpongeBob being scared of it, so that made me think that I should be scared of it too.

I also used to be scared of the whale in Spyro 3's Evening Lake, until I realized it wasn't going to hurt me. Then I actually thought it was cute.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#6 Posted: 14:59:27 08/08/2018
- Escalators
- Ripper Roo from Crash Bandicoot.
- The Pokemon episode Abra and the Psychic Showdown. Especially the scene where Ash and Co get teleported into a doll town and then get chased down by creepy child Sabrina with a ball.
- Bees and wasps (still a bit frightened of the latter though).
- The bit in Beauty and the Beast where Beast yells "GET OOOOOUUT!" followed by the scene where Belle and Phillipe gets chased and attacked by wolves.
- When you get spotted by Agent Zero during his challenge in Spyro 2.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#7 Posted: 16:41:20 08/08/2018
i remember when i was little i used to be scared of things that weren't even there. so everything scared me tbh. i used to be terrified of dying in any video game so id rather reset the console instead of dying. i also used to be scared of cartoons that had like a "liar revealed" scenario. im not sure why. i remember there was this show with like ballerina mice and that ***** got exposed and i was so scared for her and i had to look away.
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#8 Posted: 16:59:48 08/08/2018
the crop circle level from enter the dragonfly, aliens really freaked me out as a kid :^(
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#9 Posted: 17:28:53 08/08/2018
the snowmen from frozen altars
the headless horseman
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#10 Posted: 01:30:54 09/08/2018
the bushes in spyro 2 in the fracture hills level
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#11 Posted: 01:41:24 09/08/2018
THE PIANO FROM SUPER MARIO 64
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#12 Posted: 00:31:07 10/08/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
the snowmen from frozen altars
the headless horseman

those snowmen still terrify me to this day
---
oh my god
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#13 Posted: 00:38:13 10/08/2018
I'm still afraid of everything I was of as a kid now... smilie
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#14 Posted: 00:51:58 10/08/2018
People in Mascot costumes used to freak me the hell out.

Now they just sorta weird me out.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#15 Posted: 00:58:03 10/08/2018
So when I was a tot, the very first time that I ate cottage cheese I somehow simultaneously nicked my ankle on something. Not anything serious, but it stung. And so for the longest time I hated cottage cheese and was afraid to eat it...but now I love it.

I also watched an R rated movie when I was 12...and then had to sleep with the lights on for like 3 years after that.

One thing that I've become more scared of now as an adult is tall heights. I used to be super scared as a kid. But then during school I loved to climb on stuff. But now if I wear heels that are too high I get vertigo.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#16 Posted: 16:08:54 10/08/2018
that doctor who episode with the weeping angels. i couldn't sleep the night i saw it
---
oh my god
SuperSpyroFan55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2265
#17 Posted: 21:11:35 10/08/2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmy6HRJm8UM at 3:30 there's a part where you have to slowly crawl away from whatever the demons that ate your soul or something from harry potter are called, I never got past that section.

I can't remember what it was called but it was a dungeon crawler game on the ps2 that scared me simply because blood came out of enemies when you killed them.

Most creepypastas like Slenderman, Jeff the Killer, Sonic.exe. That one picture of Jeff the Killer and Sonic.exe still kind of creep me out when I see them but I think thats just because I was quite young when I saw them so now its just naturally ingrained in my mind that it they're still spooky. Also that one picture of Smiledog, The Rake, SCP-173, SCP-096,

The dark.

The sewers on planet Aquatos from Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal.

The Walking Dead sort of since my mom used to watch it after me and my little brother were in bed and the sounds of the zombies scared me.

I will update as I dig through more suppressed memories.
---
eggmans gona pop dat cherry
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:33:35 10/08/2018 by SuperSpyroFan55
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#18 Posted: 23:35:05 10/08/2018
Ghost busters the movie.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#19 Posted: 23:54:35 10/08/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I just came to this topic to post this lol, people in animal/mascot costumes TERRIFIED me as a kid.

Also the spider enemies from the Stuart Little 2 game. They were so realistic it scared the hell out of me.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#20 Posted: 01:40:55 11/08/2018
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I just came to this topic to post this lol, people in animal/mascot costumes TERRIFIED me as a kid.

Also the spider enemies from the Stuart Little 2 game. They were so realistic it scared the hell out of me.

I remember going to a car show with my dad and seeing they had a mascot and I started crying.

One time there was a parade in Washington D.C. and my dad took me. We saw a mascot, I got curious/excited and wanted to follow him, so my dad and I went.

We got close to him and I started crying.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#21 Posted: 12:09:56 11/08/2018
do creepypastas still scare anyone?
---
oh my god
#22 Posted: 13:03:12 11/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar

As long as you have hyper realistic blood then it's always scary.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#23 Posted: 14:50:59 11/08/2018
this freaked me out when i was ~5
#24 Posted: 15:39:20 11/08/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar

Only some of them. I listen to them while working sometimes and I'm either not freaked out in the slightest or I'm shaken to my core. There's no in between.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#25 Posted: 15:47:05 11/08/2018
Captain Hook getting eaten by the crocodile in Disney's Peter Pan.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#26 Posted: 22:33:30 12/08/2018
Quote: exefile
The introduction of the Snipe in Crash of the Titans scared me because I didn't know it was coming and I thought it was just a scene with a cute fox, #stopabusingbabyfox
[User Posted Image]

He ****in' died later in the game anyway.
---
Bruh
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#27 Posted: 00:52:42 13/08/2018
What he talks about here. Oh man I was scared of this as a kid.

#28 Posted: 02:18:07 13/08/2018
When DHMIS first came out I couldn't sleep right for like a week after.
---
#29 Posted: 11:57:51 13/08/2018
Quote: Drawdler
I seem to be alone on this, but I remember having nightmares about Scorch from Spyro 3. I mean the setting and at the time that was the hardest boss for me. Plus there was the cutscene before him that I felt built him up more than the bosses. It's mainly the setting that got to me. Did Scorch kill the whole monster himself? And oh god what if I'm stuck in here. The funny thing is that I just beat him in a day like the rest of the bosses, but he stuck with me so much. And for the record I was never, ever stuck on Spike as a kid.
Being stuck inside bodies or stuff made me squeamish too, because dying that way seemed pretty horrible (even if you escaped, whatever you're stuck in would swallow you down again or something). Actually, I remember this one scene in a Rugrats film where I was so scared I had to walk out of the room because the characters went inside a model heart or something.
Nowadays I'd just want to tear open whatever swallowed me lol, probably wouldn't be possible but I'd make that my goal

Wonder what would have happened if I played Jabu-Jabu's Belly back then.

you're the reason that cutscene was removed from a version of YOTD
---
oh my god
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#30 Posted: 14:35:34 13/08/2018
(Still technically a child but I’ll go with things I was scared of when I was younger)
Used to be absolutely terrified of escalators, they still kinda freak me out
There was an episode of the backyardigans that gave me nightmares? I think they were mermaids and something in it just absolutely terrified me, forgot what though :/
Potter puppet pals. I’m not sharing any more about that.
Was briefly scared of my cat because he bit me when I tried to pet him he was a good cat tho I just messed up and didn’t pet him right
Heights. I’ve gotten better for that but if I’m much taller than railings or if there’s nothing between me and falling I still get nervous
I have a vague memory of a screenshot from beauty and the beast where they were washing the dishes and for some reason it really scared me?
Bugs (except butterflies and dragonflies, loved them and still do)
Giant food. Still have a phobia of this, but I’ve gotten better at dealing with it. It’s a weird phobia that I’m very open about cause people get a laugh out of it (me included) and if you want to know the story so you can poke fun at me for it I’ll share
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#31 Posted: 00:46:35 14/08/2018
Bowser in Mario Party 4. He was so ****ing big and the fact that he didn't always show up anymore made it scary. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#32 Posted: 00:50:39 14/08/2018
Living Gelatinous Beings used to scare the piss out of me

Some of them still do
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#33 Posted: 12:25:08 14/08/2018 | Topic Creator
I need to know about giant food phobias. That's way more important than anything right now.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#34 Posted: 14:50:03 14/08/2018
Quote: exefile
I need to know about giant food phobias. That's way more important than anything right now.

So I used to go to VBS (vacation bible school) in the summer because it was something to do and as a child I thought it was fun. They had these videos of this chipmunk called Chadder (he was kind of horrifying looking back on it) and he really liked m&ms. So at some point his m&m got really big? And it was TERRIFYING. To me at least. My parents thought I was being bullied cause all I would say when asked was that there was a giant m&m.
So I had nightmares for weeks and then it was all good for a while
Then cloudy with a chance of meatballs came out and suddenly it became known that I was genuinely afraid of giant food because as soon as the food got giant in that movie I freaked the f out. Had some more nightmares. Good times.
Every time I hear the words cloudy with a chance of meatballs I remember this giant hot dog in front of the scientist guy and I cry a little bit inside
So yea don’t know what it is but giant food terrifies me. Cookies are a bit of an exception for some reason but like if a cookie got too big I’d still probably freak out. Nearly ran out of home ec class this year cause we had extra time and the teacher was like “we can watch ratatouille or cloudy with a chance of meatballs” and I started screaming
We watched ratatouille tho so I stayed but I was actually shaking for a while

Related to the phobia itself, if food is kinda big I just feel uncomfortable but when it gets really big I panic. It’s weird and irrational but eh
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#35 Posted: 02:45:21 18/08/2018
Pretty much every single of episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog. I say this as if I'm not still scared of that one alien thing. You know the one
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#36 Posted: 18:39:03 19/08/2018
I had a reoccurring nightmare about a wolf breaking into my grandad's house and eating me. I was scared of wolves because of that. Got cured when I went to a safari park.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#37 Posted: 18:57:53 19/08/2018
[User Posted Image]

I was mortified of these as a kid and I would always have to get my dad to do the mini game.
I would freak out when they started to cool down/fizzle out and scream.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#38 Posted: 19:02:07 19/08/2018
Literally everything ranging from the Pixar lamp to the first few minutes of Ghostbusters. Things have turned around a bit, now there's not much that scares me.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#39 Posted: 19:08:20 19/08/2018
Quote: Drawdler
Being stuck inside bodies or stuff made me squeamish too, because dying that way seemed pretty horrible (even if you escaped, whatever you're stuck in would swallow you down again or something).

so you're not into vore then
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#40 Posted: 20:23:24 19/08/2018
Quote: isaac343018s
Pretty much every single of episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog. I say this as if I'm not still scared of that one alien thing. You know the one

Some of the episodes of that show creeped me out a bit, like that one alien thing for instance. The Haunted Mask from Goosebumps and the zombies from Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island scared the heck out of me as a kid. The zombies don't creep me out now though.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#41 Posted: 01:12:23 20/08/2018
Multiple people at once used to be scary.
Now they’re terrifying.
---
Soon.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#42 Posted: 00:56:50 23/08/2018
When I first got Super Mario Galaxy, the bullet bills freaked me out to no end. Just the idea of something chasing you was bad enough, not to mention you needed them to get through some levels. I was stuck on the first dome's boss for forever.

Now, nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Oh hey, Bullet Bill, I need you to slam into this glass case so I can get a star, thank you very much.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#43 Posted: 01:03:29 23/08/2018
Quote: Bolt
[User Posted Image]

I was mortified of these as a kid and I would always have to get my dad to do the mini game.
I would freak out when they started to cool down/fizzle out and scream.

thank u for my new avatar
---
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me