Page 1 of 1
What a d*ck move Activision!!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1 Posted: 09:46:59 02/08/2018 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

We are talking about a Blu-ray disc that cost them pennies for a remake of 3 PS1 games, so the not enough space excuse is nonsense. After all the Crash Trilogy have all 3 games on disc, so having to download 2/3rds of the game for this Spyro trilogy is BS. I dont like this at all because online content gets removed years later. and dont forget the poor souls that dont have access to internet or are on bad internet connections, they are screwed. Activision should have remove the 'trilogy' on the game box, this is such a unbelievable d*ck move. Pre-order have been cancelled... AFTER WAITING AND HOPING FOR A REMAKE FOR YEARS, I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN MY LIFE!!!
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#2 Posted: 12:51:15 02/08/2018
Or perhaps each game is so big, they have no choice but to make 2 and 3 as day one patches for physical version. Activision has nothing to do with it aside from publishing the game. If anything, the problem is that 50GB is not big enough anymore. I do hope the reason for Spyro not being announced for Switch is because Actvision and Toys for Bob are waiting for Nintendo to give them 64GB cartridges to work with in 2019.

P.S. Don't be such a big baby about it. Yeah, it sucks but I'm already over it.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#3 Posted: 13:06:48 02/08/2018
It’s Activision what did you expected?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#4 Posted: 13:26:58 02/08/2018
It's not even an Activison thing, it's a gaming industry thing as a whole.

Like, if you're against the practice of super day-one patches as a whole, fair enough. But it's most certainly not just a thing going on with Spyro, OR Activision.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 15:07:01 02/08/2018
Little note to anyone who isn't a Skylanders forum regular, CMB really really dislikes any notion of a patch and adding things to a game post-release, so imagine this. Just a heads up.

Don't like it, it's gonna suck when the stores for those versions close and 2 and 3 go the way of the P.T., but if someone thinks releasing a streaming service for games is worth greenlighting, this isn't a surprise anymore.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:08:20 02/08/2018 by Bifrost
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#6 Posted: 17:36:24 02/08/2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vjW4u2DYU
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#7 Posted: 19:02:05 02/08/2018
Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is, and I don't really get why everyone is so upset over this. I mean yeah, it kinda sucks that most of the game will be a digital download, but as long as you get the game in the end who really cares?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#8 Posted: 19:17:33 02/08/2018
I'm not intensely disturbed like some people are over this, but I can see where some of the worries are coming from. I'm just wondering what's the reason they're choosing to release it like this...
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#9 Posted: 20:28:51 02/08/2018
I bet all we have to do is download a simple patch that will let us play 2 and 3. lol
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#10 Posted: 02:25:55 03/08/2018
Ya know I saw the N.Sane Trilogy do this and not a lot of people complained from what I saw. Though I still personally think they should stick all the games onto the actual disk since you asked for a physical copy.

Though this will be hell for those stuck with Comcast or any ****ty internet provider because yeah that signal is gonna flicker in and out while you get 1/3rd of the package.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#11 Posted: 13:32:42 03/08/2018
I was going digital anyways as Xbox requires an install ( if I have to take up the same 20-90 GB either way, might as well just download my games right? ) but for those who go physical, this is unbelievably cheap bs. Especially for those of us in the US where internet providers tend to lean towards the crappy side ( mine's not super terrible with Spectrum, but it still has bad hiccups semi often.... )
L Cynder Platinum Sparx Gems: 5744
#12 Posted: 13:42:05 03/08/2018
Yeah, I was upset about this too at first, but then I heard at Twitter that the Spyro 2 and 3 downloads don't cost extra money and that they'll be available from day 1 so now I feel better. smilie
---
favs smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#13 Posted: 01:50:00 05/08/2018
To be honest I'm not that annoyed by it, I mean yeah I do prefer physical copies of things but I'm more worried about my internet connection cutting out while it's downloading since it seems to cut out like twice every half hour. :\
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#14 Posted: 12:52:13 05/08/2018
I literally decided instead of preordering Spyro Reignited,went with preordering the upcoming Dragon Quest instead.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#15 Posted: 13:54:09 05/08/2018
Reposting this post from a topic on reddit.

The Trilogy has already gone Gold (meaning they can't make any changes to it) and games 2 and 3 still need some polishing. So instead of delaying the entire Trilogy and making people wait longer they decided to release a patch that will make 2 and 3 playable on release. They will then release another physical version of the game later on with all the updates installed (I believe they did this with N Sane Trilogy).

I'm not saying this is the truth but I think it's definitely a possibility. So this whole situation is not Activision purposely trying to screw people over. They just want people to be able to play it on September 21st.

Also, from another topic

So, Activision added the dreaded line, "Game 2 and 3 require download via internet" to the Reignited site, with literally no other information. Naturally, we were confused, nervous, angry, whatever. There was a definite.. Response.

And, as of yet, Activision have yet to give a particularly clear response to being questioned, either. To quote an Acti PR rep,

The global launch date of Spyro Reignited Trilogy is Sept. 21; and we’re excited for fans to play all three reignited games on that day. As with most games today, downloading an update after purchase is quite common. The language on packaging and on the web is to let players know the requirements for Spyro Reignited Trilogy.

This.. Doesn't exactly clear things up, and people are still at odds as to whether or not 2 and 3 will be seperately downloadable or just patched in. I think I have the answer, however. Again, I think I do. I'm not pretending I'm definitely correct here.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy is a collection of three full games. We already know this, of course. It's obvious, it's in the name. We as consumers can understand that it is three games in one, and Activision knows what it's promising.

Let's say that perhaps the sequels weren't quite ready in time to be pressed onto the disc in tip-top, gold, perfect states. Let's imagine that they're ON the disc, but just incomplete, missing a line or two of code to unlock them and update them, ready to be accessed and played. It doesn't mean that the games will be delayed, because despite delaying being a good thing for games that need extra time, it's pretty bad for a company's image.. And their immediate profits. A big publisher like Activision wouldn't like to delay their game. Less money when they expect it, mainly. So, they come to a realisation: The game's being prepped to be pressed to disc (going "gold") and 2 and 3 just need a bit more polish. The solution? A day one patch that allows the games to be played. Without the patch, they can't be played. Simple.

But, there's a catch. Say someone has very limited internet usage.. Or even no internet at all. If they get the game and find they need a patch for 2/3rds of the game with 0 warning, that's false advertising! It's no longer Spyro Reignited Trilogy, it's Spyro Reignited One Single Game But Never Mind, Thanks For The $40. If Acti had made it a day one patch without informing people, they could be sued for false advertising.

So, they just put a little warning on the website. "Games 2 and 3 require download via internet." Of course, this is pretty badly phrased, but I believe it's a patch to fix and unlock 2 and 3.

Think about it this way: It's 2020. You want to buy Spyro Reignited for your PS4, but you missed it the first time round, so you buy it second hand. You put it into your console, and-- disaster. No code. You only have one game.

This **** won't fly. Nobody would let Activision get away with that. A PATCH, however, is not some one-time-use code. It can be downloaded at will, for free.

You may say, "but Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Switch comes with a code for Bayo 1!" or some similar case. That's true, it does.

But it also has Bayo 1 and 2 available for SEPARATE digital purchase on the eshop.

Why would Activision bother with a digital version of Reignited Trilogy, pre-orderable right now, if they'd just put the games up separately for late-adopters to the trilogy? And they'd HAVE to put them up separately if 2 and 3 had to be fully downloadable games. It's not a maybe, it's an absolute HAVE to, or else RT would be a total one-and-done game, second hand would be useless.

Activision is many things: not very consumer friendly, focused on money (well, all companies are) but despite any jokes or opinions, Activision isn't stupid.

N Sane sold INCREDIBLY well. Spyro is already exceeding their pre-order expectations AFTER N SANE SOLD INCREDIBLY WELL. They're not going to scupper Spyro by making it so anti-consumer with a one-time use code to download 2 and 3.

Reignited Trilogy on the digital storefront is not advertised as a bundle of three separate digital games. Because, well, it isn't. It's one game with three games inside it. What would be the point of having two versions of the game available digitally (the trilogy and the three games separately, which Acti would need to offer if 2 and 3 were tied to download codes?)

TLsmilieR I think it's a patch, and the message is there on the box and the site so that people won't chase legal action over a trilogy only having one unlocked game if they have slow/no internet. Making 2 and 3 one-time downloads via a code would kill second-hand sales, leave an awful taste in consumers mouths, require all 3 games to be purchasable separately online so people could still get 2 and 3 (unlikely considering the trilogy is available for digital pre-order and isn't advertised as a bundle of three separate digital games), and more importantly, be incredibly stupid. Too stupid for Activision to do after the incredible success of N Sane.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#16 Posted: 16:51:36 05/08/2018
phew..
---
THE END IS NEAR
#17 Posted: 20:17:11 07/08/2018
Welp. Bad news for anyone hoping this is just a patch.

https://i.redd.it/bnmelsd30qe11.jpg

This is the official German case's back and the translation of the info is: "Games 2 AND 3 need to be downloaded from the internet. Contains: 1 disc with game 1 and instructions for digital download for games 2 and 3"

It furthermore says that you need at least 50 GB of memory to do the download.

Still not sure why they're doing this. Apparently a BDLX Blu-ray disc can hold 100+ GB easily, so unless consoles can't read those specific types of Blu-rays, I doubt memory is the problem (not to mention that they also could have just included multiple discs to solve that problem). Right now I'm inclined to believe it's because TfB couldn't roll out all the stuff for Spyros 2/3 before the disks were made. More pessimistically, part of the motivation really could be to kill off the secondhand market years down the line after the downloads disappear.

EDIT: Amazon Germany page showing the back of the box in case anyone was wondering about the legitimacy of this image.
https://www.amazon.de/Spyro-Re.../dp/B07BZ8SZ51/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:00 07/08/2018 by Tsutori
#18 Posted: 20:25:55 07/08/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Tsutori
Still not sure why they're doing this. Apparently a BDLX Blu-ray disc can hold 100+ GB easily, so unless consoles can't read those specific types of Blu-rays, I doubt memory is the problem (not to mention that they also could have just included multiple discs to solve that problem). Right now I'm inclined to believe it's because TfB couldn't roll out all the stuff for Spyros 2/3 before the disks were made. More pessimistically, part of the motivation really could be to kill off the secondhand market years down the line after the downloads disappear.

It's because:

A - Those types of discs are much more expensive to mass produce atm, and that falls more onto both Microsoft and Sony than Activision or TFB.

B - Including more discs increases the price, which they likely didn't want to do either.

I suppose that's also true. Kind of unfortunate but it doesn't bother me enough to not get the game. And getting something like this for $40 is a steal when so many other games nowadays are $60.
#19 Posted: 22:06:42 07/08/2018
In my case already choose to preorder Dragon Quest XI over this mess even if I love Spyro won’t support this greedy practice.
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#20 Posted: 22:22:01 07/08/2018
Quote: fyra
In my case already choose to preorder Dragon Quest XI over this mess even if I love Spyro won’t support this greedy practice.

You do realise that if this game fails, sales wise, then this will most likely be the end of Spyro. Just saying.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#21 Posted: 22:31:14 07/08/2018
I want Spyro back....but not like this,a fair model with no bull****s added.A complete remaster or new game completely offline atleast on console,on PC it’s online by default so it matter less but for ps1 games this is really scummy,if you need more time for Spyro 2 and 3 take it Toys for Bob don’t force 1/3rd of a remake to the price of three games.

This is Activi$ion so I should not be surprised but I will boycott practice like this.Even if it kill Spyro completely atleast he will have die untainted.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#22 Posted: 23:05:12 07/08/2018
I want Spyro back....but not like this,a fair model with no bull****s added.A complete remaster or new game completely offline atleast on console,on PC it’s online by default so it matter less but for ps1 games this is really scummy,if you need more time for Spyro 2 and 3 take it Toys for Bob don’t force 1/3rd of a remake to the price of three games.

This is Activi$ion so I should not be surprised but I will boycott practice like this.Even if it kill Spyro completely atleast he will have die untainted.

I hate it too but wtf "die untainted"? are u serious? cringe
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#23 Posted: 23:05:15 07/08/2018
Honestly, I wouldn't start doomsaying this UNTIL it's actually released. There's no gareentee this is final.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#24 Posted: 23:24:45 07/08/2018
I can kinda see where the concerns and whatnot are coming from, but these "hype is dead" comments and canceling of pre-orders from people still seems over-dramatic. Even if all the concerns I've seen are reasonable, it's still not the end of the world.

And seriously, considering a Spyro game outside of Skylanders seemed like nothing more than a silly hope years ago, I would think that having to download would still be better than not having the games at all.

And yeah, they're giving us three games for $40 while you usually have to pay $60 for just one. Honestly when this was announced I expected a lot worse than having to download the games.
#25 Posted: 14:25:06 08/08/2018
I will get it when a complete version will be made but it won’t be a day 1 for me.
---
#26 Posted: 14:34:15 08/08/2018
I will get it when a complete version will be made but it won’t be a day 1 for me.

hahaha that was a long boycott
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#27 Posted: 15:36:46 08/08/2018

I thought you love Spyro and now you boycott it? o,ô
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:37:25 08/08/2018 by XSparxX
#28 Posted: 17:32:21 08/08/2018
I just said I won’t preorder it not I will never buy it later on,likely when it get a complete version and dropped price.
---
#29 Posted: 17:39:31 08/08/2018
guess we have a different definition of "boycott" then
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#30 Posted: 17:57:38 08/08/2018
hmmmm... I’m not a technical genius or anything but I’ve heard that 2 and 3 are simply too big to be on disc, and as such you need to download them.

“Well we didn’t need to do that with Crash”

That’s the thing, Crash is a much smaller game compared to Spyro. Even comparing their ps1 games, you see that Crash is more detailed while Spyro is less detailed. This was because Spyro allowed for more exploration than Crash did. It’s the same, I think. Spyro has a lot of content coming, from what I can see.

I don’t understand why not having the games on disc is a big deal? It could be so much worse, there could be a paywall for both 2 and 3.

I just said I won’t preorder it not I will never buy it later on,likely when it get a complete version and dropped price.

that’s literally not a boycott but ok
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#31 Posted: 18:23:10 08/08/2018

That make no sense.
Why don't you buy it and later you can buy the "complete" version (stupid name because the games are completed ) again?
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:24:38 08/08/2018 by XSparxX
#32 Posted: 19:14:22 08/08/2018
Because I never buy games twice except if needed.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#33 Posted: 00:12:40 09/08/2018
that’s not... a boycott but... aight

why would you boycott something that needs as much support as Spyro, anyways?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#34 Posted: 00:36:14 09/08/2018
Guys, they simply said they, themselves, didn't want to buy to buy the game, unless/until it came out with an addition that had all the games on disk(s), rather then downloads.

And, you know what? Fair enough.

If someone doesn't feel comfortable spending their own money on the game because of the download aspect, so long as they're not yelling at people who ARE still preordering it, it's not anyone else's business to yell at them for NOT preordering it.

Neither of those extreme sides are changing anyone's minds on the issue.

Hopefully, they will eventually come out with an updated/multi-disk version later down the line, so both people who didn't feel comfortable purchasing a game that needs a lot of downloads, and people without stellar internet can all be happy.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#35 Posted: 11:54:00 09/08/2018
Now you get what I meant,was starting to think I should revert back to my native language(canadian french) to explain it better.
---
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#36 Posted: 00:17:47 10/08/2018
If you do indeed need to make a download, not even a large one, a download period, in order to access 2 and 3 on the disk, then this is a disaster. Like, I get it, they needed to meet the deadline for production and whatnot. However, the games should still be playable right? Maybe just without a few tweaks or glitches?

Because here's the truth out there beyond all of our privileged modern lives with broadband internet, 44 percent of people on average living in rural areas in India, China, Brazil, Japan, Germany, Russia, the U.K. and the U.S. don’t have access to or can’t afford broadband internet.

In the US alone, 23 percent of Urban Americans and 28 percent of rural Americans don't have internet.

There are places around the world where there are NO internet options period unless you buy expensive satellite internet that tends to be spotty; not really the best thing to use when downloading games.

Activision, and many other companies, have advertised a fully functional physical copy of the game when they started taking pre-orders but then added after the fact additional requirements. Sure, make a patch to improve the game, but it should still be playable without said patch if that's what you advertised. Which is what was advertised to all of us when we pre-ordered.

Basically, imagine if you preordered a game for PC and it originally said that it only required 4GB of RAM...but then right before the release the company said "Oh! we just updated the game! And btw it now needs 8GB of RAM!"...well now there are going to be people who don't meet the minimum requirements and are now going to have to cancel their preorder. It's a really really poor business model.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#37 Posted: 16:07:58 14/08/2018

#38 Posted: 20:27:59 14/08/2018
confirmed to be a day one update, thank god the fandom can put this to rest now
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:28 14/08/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#39 Posted: 20:35:55 14/08/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
confirmed to be a day one update, thank god the fandom can put this to rest now

Where was that confirmed?
#40 Posted: 21:03:19 14/08/2018
it up on gamefly, a rental service. Why would they rent out a game which has a one time download code?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:35 14/08/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#41 Posted: 12:10:18 15/08/2018
I'm debating to myself whether I should get it for christmas or my birthday
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me