Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1401 Posted: 23:57:48 12/09/2018
Unfortunately, Dex's wounds were quite severe, so the elf doctor suggested that he should stay overnight for further treatment and observation. Maverick was desperate to search for his friends, but he wasn't going to leave Dex and Sapphire alone. He was about to find an inn to rest in, but the doctor was kind enough to rent him a room right there in the clinic do he could be closer to his smaller companions.

Quote: A Guy
"The nearest beast master? I'm afraid we won't really be of any help in that regard," the leader said. "The most experienced wyvern riders among us, and the most experienced wyvern trainers, are granted that title. Besides those of us in the military, we also recognize the skill of many others in that regard, and grant them the appropriate qualification. Your best bet is to find someone who manages unruly animals for a living and try to acquire their services."

Angora sighed at the answer. Once again, the soldiers have been useless providing information. Since she wanted to waste no more time with questions, Angora took the order and proceeded to leave on Shade's back.
"Fine. Thank you likewise gentlemen." she said rather roughly, disappointed about their unwillingness to be more helpful.
"Let's go Shade." she ordered the dragolet, knowing she would have to resort to mount him like a horse until they could get some influential permission to fly again. Angora could see a town quite far away in the distance and didn't care if it was part of Aelinon. No matter where they went, chances were that the place would belong to Aelinon, so there was no point in trying to get away from the city. So with their destination settled, they went straight to that town, unaware that it was Redwater itself...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#1402 Posted: 00:01:21 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Heh! Very well.” Suddenly Icestorm attacked Latnok. His small size made him much harder to hit but his strength was comparable to a wyvern Twice the size of a Normal one.

“Angora please. Let’s just find this trainer and get out of here.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1403 Posted: 00:21:01 13/09/2018
With not much else to do, Maverick got some fish out of his bag and shared it with the foxes and both doctor and assistant, who was about to leave. There were even times where he would assist the doctor in anything he needed. It was a nice time, but he still couldn't stop thinking of Angora and Shade...

Quote: Spyroconvexity
“Angora please. Let’s just find this trainer and get out of here.” Shade said.

"Then onwards to that town Shade." Angora instructed, not even calling him by his nickname. She was still quite angry at him, but then she started to think that even if he hadn't intended to go to Aelinon, they would've ended there anyway. A beast master was necessary now, and Angora intended to be with the dragolet every step of the way just in case the master used some nasty methods.
---
#1404 Posted: 00:45:04 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade nodded. “I’ll carry you Angora.” Shade turned to the solders. “Do you know where we are so I can get my bearings.
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1405 Posted: 00:59:41 13/09/2018
"Some way east of here you will find Redwater," one of the men informed Shade. "It's a very large city, with all sorts of people doing all sorts of jobs - you are bound to find someone you need there. Don't give anyone there reason to believe you are an imminent threat to the population - we won't hesitate to immediately put down a big threat like that in a very crowded environment." As Angora and Shade were leaving, the soldiers began taking down their temporary encampment, preparing to return to their regular duties.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1406 Posted: 01:07:20 13/09/2018
"Redwater?" Angora repeated, knowing she has heard that name somewhere.
"Doesn't matter, we're going there anyway. And as we've told others plenty of times, we don't meant to cause trouble. We just want to find our human and get on with our peaceful lives. If you want to find a threat, I suggest you start with that water dragon we told you about. He is dangerous." Angora suggested to the soilders, wondering why they kept wasting their time pestering them when there were other far more serious threats out there. Nevertheless, it was their problem. Right now, Angora wanted to see if that town had a beast master that would allow them to fly and find their beloved Maverick soon.
---
#1407 Posted: 01:17:13 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade then went on his way to Redwater. “It’s going to take awhile. Get some sleep.” Shade said. “You need it more than me.”
---
SC
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1408 Posted: 01:29:00 13/09/2018
"Yes..." Sere said. "The current crew is myself, Latnok - the man over there, fighting - the fur dragon you see there, and the dog with him," he informed Risar, pointing at each of the members to indicate them. "Latnok and I are experienced fighters, capable of handling many kinds of threats. Raclaw is very capable with telepathy. Chester... well, Chester has just joined us. You would have to ask Raclaw about him. We are seeking more sailors such as yourself - I am hoping to have a very good crew assembled before the end of the day."

From where he was, Risar took a good look at his fellow crew-- noting the collar around Raclaw's neck. "The fur dragon wears collar-- he yours?," he asked the Godfather curious as to Raclaw's status as an individual. He himself knew what being owned was like and knew what such a item could represent. Meanwhile-- the fight between Latnok and Icestorm was coming to a close. "Icestorm-- we should talk when you're done.," Raclaw telecommunicated to the red dragon.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#1409 Posted: 01:36:59 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Icestorm smirked at Latnok. “You fight well.” He held out a paw. “We should spar sometime again.” He looked at Raclaw. “Very well.”
---
SC
#1410 Posted: 01:39:42 13/09/2018
Shade then went on his way to Redwater. “It’s going to take awhile. Get some sleep.” Shade said. “You need it more than me.”

"I don't need it!" Angora said stubbornly, refusing to sleep. She did enough of that already. She had one mission now, and she wanted to make sure she went through with it.
---
#1411 Posted: 01:54:10 13/09/2018
As Latnok and Icestorm shook hands (paws?), Raclaw waited for the crowd to clear and for the two combatants to leave the pit. "Icestorm, meet Latnok. Latnok, meet Icestorm. We along with Godfather Sere and the recent Chester here have been traveling together. You-- you've been watching me haven't you? Now that we're here again talking face-to-face, I recognize your aurora. It's-- it's been awhile.," Raclaw said making formal introductions between the two and asking the first question. He was sure that Icestorm would have many questions in return, which he would gladly answer.
---
#1412 Posted: 01:59:59 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Ah yes it has. Come have a drink.” Icestorms said. “I’m famous around here for being the best fighter. Though the guards don’t take kindly to me but hey I like messing with them.” He said with a chuckle. “How have you been?”
---
SC
#1413 Posted: 02:14:50 13/09/2018
Raclaw nodded and joined Icestorm at a table, inviting Latnok to join them. Chester followed as well, laying down alongside Raclaw. "I've been good. After we split and defeated Darkmatter, the Guardians have been helping me discover my past-- including a possible lead on my parents. In fact, that's part of the reason why we're here. Well-- that and finding Adjudicator Julian, another important figure and part of my past. We're actually here looking for experienced sailors, as this lead will take us to Falcon's Beak.," Reclaw explained. "So-- how long have you been here in Redwater?," he then asked.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:23:55 13/09/2018 by redwes
#1414 Posted: 02:38:13 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Actually arrived here shortly after I left. But you said you’re sailing right? You have an experienced dragon here.”
---
SC
#1415 Posted: 02:48:28 13/09/2018
Finally alone, less than a mile away from town and the soilders far behind, Angora could finally express herself.
"Oh boy, I can't believe those soldiers are so stupid! They've seen how docile you are when you are with me, and we have proven time and time and time again we don't want to cause any trouble! That Blue dragon is much more of a threat than we are, and yet there they are, wasting their time with us when they're some real threats out there! And every time we encounter them is the same crap; This territory is now under Aelinon control. Seriously, change the line already! What's with them taking control of everything? Do they intend to take over the world? For the good of the people they say. Hah! It's just a ruse to disguise their real purpose! Conquer, dominate, oppress! I'm very sure they have the people living in fear with their laws! It's so brutal and absurd! And a arena where you right for your freedom? That's barbaric! Honestly, I bet that even sneezing in their faces is bound to get you some form of penalty!" Angora vented, unable to believe how cruel many laws could be. Whoever their king was, he was quite the monster for creating such harsh laws and allowing such brutality everywhere.
---
#1416 Posted: 04:23:29 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I agree. But we can’t do anything. “ shade said.
---
SC
#1417 Posted: 04:35:04 13/09/2018
“Actually arrived here shortly after I left. But you said you’re sailing right? You have an experienced dragon here.”

"That's right-- we're sailing to Falcon's Beak, although you'll have to talk to Godfather Sere first. He's the one in charge of hiring the crew.," Raclaw said glancing over towards the red dragonhide wearing Guardian. "Godfather Sere-- when you have time; I have an old friend here who would be very much interested in joining our motley crew.," he said via telepathy to Sere. He could see that the Godfather was currently talking to what appeared to a minotaur and possibly earning them another crew member, unaware that he was currently the subject of their discussion. It was a pleasant surprise to see Icestorm again, someone he had acquainted himself with even before he came in contact with the Guardians. "It's good to see you again.," he said with a smile as they waited. Chester gave an happy bark, happy to meet a new person and an old friend of Raclaw.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 09:07:45 13/09/2018 by redwes
#1418 Posted: 05:05:33 13/09/2018
“I agree. But we can’t do anything. “ shade said.

"Well, the only thing we can do now is find a beast master. I'm pretty sure that after your training is done, they will give you a document or a license that will finally allow you to fly. Maybe that way, those imbeciles will leave us alone once and for all!" Angora said indignantly, determined to allow Shade the freedom of flying again, even if he had to some absurd and unecessary training to make it so.
---
#1419 Posted: 09:38:01 13/09/2018
"The fur dragon belongs to no one," Sere informed Risar. "It's a long story, but the collar as it is now is a means of controlling and amplifying his power, and offers a variety of useful abilities. Another tool for him to use. If you don't mind, I have to discuss work with another potential crew member; you are free to join us if you wish."
Latnok, at the table, returned the handshake. "If you're an experienced sailor, then it'd be nice to have you on board. Though, unlike here, there are no rules out where we're going - you should fully expect your foes to use magic."

Meanwhile, not too far from the doctor's office, a strange, humanoid insect creature had set up a lectern on a platform, where he was speaking and garnering the attention of a small crowd. "We must be prepared to adapt - we have a god who serves the people! Let the war, the famine, the sickness pass - we will grant you solace!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1420 Posted: 09:42:52 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Don’t worry I can handle myself.” Icestorms said. “I wouldn’t of gotten strong if I couldn’t.”

“I hope they don’t do anything to me to cause me to go wild like I did and hurt more people.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1421 Posted: 13:21:17 13/09/2018
Meanwhile, not too far from the doctor's office, a strange, humanoid insect creature had set up a lectern on a platform, where he was speaking and garnering the attention of a small crowd. "We must be prepared to adapt - we have a god who serves the people! Let the war, the famine, the sickness pass - we will grant you solace!"

Maverick was cleaning some of the examination tables when he heard the commotion.
"What is that?" he asked the elf.
"Pay him no mind. Many people always use this road for shows, theaters, exhibitions, lectures and such. It's common." the doctor assured, being used to the scandal.
"Well that's very rude. This is a hospital. They should have some consideration for the patients." Maverick said, frowning with disdain. He couldn't believe there was such little respect for a place like that. Dex was probably sleeping by now, and the sound could wake him up.
"Don't worry boy. These don't last long. Usually, I don't have patients around this time, even less to stay overnight." The elf doctor assured, noticing Maverick's uneasiness. He continued to clean to distract himself, but still looked rather upset.

“I hope they don’t do anything to me to cause me to go wild like I did and hurt more people.” Shade said.

"I'll be with you every step of the way, and if they do something, it'll be their own fault." Angora assured, though she also wanted to avoid any unecessary fatalities. Even if she injured herself again, she was willing to stop Shade if he went rogue from the beast master's stupidity.

Once the conversation was over, they finally reached Redwater.
"Well then Shade, as usual, stay nearby. Even if these people are accustomed to dragons, you are too big for the roads. Stay here and take advantage of the night to hide. Don't scare anyone. And if you're hungry, wait until I bring some food, or wait until something is stupid enough to get into your mouth. It don't care. Just don't go hunting right now. I'll be back as soon as I can." Angora instructed, wanting Shade to behave and stand still. Like Maverick and her, Shade also wanted peace, so she trusted he wouldn't get into trouble. Still, she wasn't going to leave him alone for long in case some dumb Aelinon soldier went to bully him or just cause them trouble.
---
#1422 Posted: 15:00:51 13/09/2018
The humanoid continued his lecture. "Long, long ago, I was an insignificant man, left for dead in a forgotten war. Ishulgu, however - by his power, my wounds were healed, and I was given new purpose. This form I now bear is a manifestation of our values. Insects, by their nature, work together for the good of the group. Insects are excellent at adapting. Insects will give their lives for the greater good. Its those values that we seek to cultivate.
"Now, I call upon those among you - bring me one who is crippled, or who is ill, and watch as, by Ishulgu's power, he is restored!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1423 Posted: 15:30:14 13/09/2018
Trusting Shade won't find any trouble despite still being angry at him, Angora proceeded, donning her hood. She watched the sunset at the other side of the town, which she noticed was closed to the sea. She could see ships in the distance. But there was no time for sightseeing. As she walked, remembered she was hungry herself. Her last meal was at that infernal castle prison. Even though she was treated well, it was an experience she didn't want to repeat. She entered Redwater, trying not to draw attention to herself. She would first get food for her and Shade, and after they were both fed, she would return to find this beast master. It shouldn't be hard. If only the town wasn't so big...

The humanoid continued his lecture. "Long, long ago, I was an insignificant man, left for dead in a forgotten war. Ishulgu, however - by his power, my wounds were healed, and I was given new purpose. This form I now bear is a manifestation of our values. Insects, by their nature, work together for the good of the group. Insects are excellent at adapting. Insects will give their lives for the greater good. Its those values that we seek to cultivate.
"Now, I call upon those among you - bring me one who is crippled, or who is ill, and watch as, by Ishulgu's power, he is restored!"

"Ish... ishulgu?" Maverick repeated complicatedly, listening to the odd creature's speech from inside the clinic.
"Probably an old legend. This town is small, but it's full of many different kinds of people and races. You could say that when you have nowhere else to go, this is one of the places to consider." the elf doctor explained, having lived in that town for most of his life. It was a town close to Aelinon territory, but it wasn't conquered yet, so it had it's fair share of fugitives in hiding. Maverick however, didn't care about it's history or anything else. Having paid attention to the bug man, he wondered if he could cure Dex faster.
"Are you sure you want to do it boy? Most people here just cling to false hope. Or give themselves speeches to avoid losing it." the doctor asked, reading Maverick's intentions.
"It's not that I don't want you to cure him señor, it's just that... well, the faster the better. I have more friends out there who are lost. I want to search for them as soon as I can." Maverick explained, not daring to think in what kind of trouble Shade and Angora could be all alone... if they were still alive.
"I understand. It'll be sad to see you leave, but if you want to give it a try, who am I to stop you? Go ahead, take your fox and give it a go. Perhaps that gentlemen is the real deal. Take your friends. No charge." the elf said kindly, demonstrating what a gentle soul he was. Maverick bowed in thanks and left him money anyway, touched by his kindness. He then went to get Dex and Sapphire from their rooms. If there was a chance Dex could be cured at that very moment, it was worth a shot...
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1424 Posted: 16:12:33 13/09/2018
Dex looked at Maverick. "Whats on your mind". Dex asked thinking Maverick had somekind of plan. Saphhire simply waited Maverick to answer.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1425 Posted: 16:39:22 13/09/2018
"The fur dragon belongs to no one," Sere informed Risar. "It's a long story, but the collar as it is now is a means of controlling and amplifying his power, and offers a variety of useful abilities. Another tool for him to use. If you don't mind, I have to discuss work with another potential crew member; you are free to join us if you wish."

"Very well.," Risar simply said with a slight huff. From what the Guardian said-- it was implied that the collar once did more, although he wouldn't be one to judge on people's past. As he walked, a ever so slight rattling noise could be heard from what little chain remained on the permanently implanted nose ring-- a reminder of his past although one that didn't seem to bother him in the slightest. Whatever the collar once represented for the his new crewmate, the fur dragon seemingly named Raclaw carried himself like a free dragon and not any enslaved dragon he had ever met. Raclaw noted the arrival of the minotaur alongside Godfather Sere, assuming the recruitment had been a success. Chester seemed slightly warely of the new individual at first, but calmed down after Raclaw said something in dogspeak-- an ability he hadn't once shown before Icestorm or most of his other former companions.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:41:25 13/09/2018 by redwes
#1426 Posted: 17:04:53 13/09/2018
Finally in town, Angora looked around. She was going to get food first, but if she happened to find something that resembled a beast master, or a place that she could get a license, she wold go there first to get information. However, she found nothing of the sort, and decided to remain with her original objective. After a few minutes, she was attracted by the most delightful smell. It was coming from what seemed like a tavern. Pork? Beef? It was some kind of meat she was certain. She entered, wanting to get a piece of whatever smelled so divinely. She was certain Shade would like it. So without paying much mind to the people inside, she went to the counter to get her share, unaware that not everyone there was a stranger...

Quote: cyndego
Dex looked at Maverick. "Whats on your mind". Dex asked thinking Maverick had somekind of plan. Saphhire simply waited Maverick to answer.

"There's someone outside claiming to heal with some form of divine magic. I don't know if it's true, but it's worth a try. Let's go." Maverick said, as he carefully picked Dex, making sure he didn't spoil his delicate bandages. He then invited Sapphire to his shoulders. Maverick waved a final goodbye to the elf doctor.

"You're always welcome here boy. And if that man turns out to be a fraud, you can come back here and still stay for the night if you want." the doctor said politely, having taken a liking to the hybrid. Maverick nodded, ready to take on that offer if necessary, so with Dex and Sapphire awake, he headed to where the crowd of people has gathered. He then saw the bizzare appearance of the creature in the platform, and was quite startled. It was... some sort of insect? Angora probably would've liked him given she liked bugs, but if he was the one he could help Dex, it didn't matter his race or appearance. Maverick approached meekly, but stopping mid walk, hesitating...
---
#1427 Posted: 17:09:19 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
"Ah you speak dog huh? That's interesting." Icestorm said hearing Raclaw say something in dog. "Tell me I've been hearing rumors of a black Dragon that has been seen around here. Do you happen to know anything about that?"
---
SC
#1428 Posted: 17:20:55 13/09/2018
"You must be referring to Shade. You remember him don't you? Yeah-- he, Angora, and an hybrid named Maverick got into a bit of a little legal trouble in Orcford. They've been grounded and to my knowledge had teleported away from Aelinon territory, but must have returned.," Raclaw explained not hearing anything about the trio's return to just now. He hadn't expected them to return so soon after everything that had happened with the court.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:26:33 13/09/2018 by redwes
#1429 Posted: 17:44:41 13/09/2018
Without prompting, the humanoid turned towards Maverick - as if reading his mind. "I know what you are here for, child," he said. "Now behold as the power of Ishulgu restores your companion! I, one of his high priests, call upon his power!" The humanoid extended a hand towards Dex. Though nothing seemed to happen at first, Dex's wounds rapidly began to close up and heal, as if they never existed. Chatter among the crowd grew upon watching the apparent miracle.

"I wouldn't count on finding Shade anywhere near here," Latnok interjected. "He can't fly through these lands - not without Maverick or a beast master like myself or Godfather Sere in tow - and got teleported to the middle of nowhere. No way in hell he'd risk his own life or that of his friends coming back here."
Sere, meanwhile, continued to look at patrons come and go.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1430 Posted: 18:01:06 13/09/2018
Due to the chatter of the people around, Angora couldn't hear Sere and Latnok talking.
"Excuse me please, may I have some of the meat you've prepared?" Angora asked to the bartender, indicating the smell. She didn't know if it was a feast for somebody there, but she believed the owner wouldn't mind to part with some. She was ready to pay well. Despite Maverick having most of the money in his amazing bag, she usually received a hefty allowance from him, so that when they went their separate ways in a town, they would both have money to purchase whatever they wanted.

Without prompting, the humanoid turned towards Maverick - as if reading his mind. "I know what you are here for, child," he said. "Now behold as the power of Ishulgu restores your companion! I, one of his high priests, call upon his power!" The humanoid extended a hand towards Dex. Though nothing seemed to happen at first, Dex's wounds rapidly began to close up and heal, as if they never existed. Chatter among the crowd grew upon watching the apparent miracle.

Maverick gently looked under the bandage, and it seemed that indeed the wound was gone. It didn't seemed like an illusion. Perhaps the bug man was the real deal after all.
"Well now, this is... impressive. Healing magic is too rare. How you're feeling Dex?" he asked with a smile, having high hopes that they could finally leave that place to search for his friends.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1431 Posted: 19:31:17 13/09/2018
The pain that had come from Dexes blood making the large wound burn closed was gone. And also the Burned flesh had turned back to normal Dex jumped out of Mavericks hands walking a little then nodding to him. Sapphire also jumped down looking happy about the cure in fact working. They did not say anything. They had made a plan not to talk back in the hospital.... they did not want too many knowing how special Foxes they where in this unfamiliar place
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1432 Posted: 19:44:53 13/09/2018
Quote: Felines
Due to the chatter of the people around, Angora couldn't hear Sere and Latnok talking.
"Excuse me please, may I have some of the meat you've prepared?" Angora asked to the bartender, indicating the smell. She didn't know if it was a feast for somebody there, but she believed the owner wouldn't mind to part with some. She was ready to pay well. Despite Maverick having most of the money in his amazing bag, she usually received a hefty allowance from him, so that when they went their separate ways in a town, they would both have money to purchase whatever they wanted.

The bartender, an older looking half-orc, looked down at Angora and gave a nod. "Sure thing kid-- as long as you have the scales.," he said giving what seemed to be a reasonable number and prepping a moderately-sized portion. He looked down at the little troll, expecting payment and referring to the now metal currency by its Aelinon name. If Angora had previously dealt with buying or selling in an Aelinon city, she would know as to what currency he was referring to.

Meanwhile, Risar continued towards Raclaw and the others alongside Sere. "Long story short, they got into an unnecessary conflict and attacked when they shouldn't have. It was long 'till the Aelinon soldiers got ahold of them and we had to arrive early for their court case. Fortunately for them-- the court was feeling generous and only grounded Shade rather than the alternative.," Raclaw further explained exactly what had happened. The trio of course had their reasons for their actions, but it didn't change the facts.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:05 13/09/2018 by redwes
#1433 Posted: 20:28:58 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade meanwhile paced back and forth just at the edge of the forest. He was worried about Angora.

“I may not look like it but I am one of the few dragons that can sense auras within others as well as power. I can sense a huge power just outside the city near a forest. It toned way down sense that earthquake happened.” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1434 Posted: 20:49:54 13/09/2018
"Powerful beings near here are nothing unusual," Sere said. "The important thing is that most of them do not threaten innocents. Between our presence and the Void Breaker, very few have managed to do so. Though from the sound of it, it would seem like a behemoth had a bit of a tantrum."
"Nasty creatures, those things," Latnok said. "Dunno how exactly Aelinon keeps them under wraps, but they're certainly something you'd never want to face. Their presence is probably a major factor as to why Aelinon is committed to this war to the extent that they are."

Meanwhile, at the Tal Rogas castle, King Seraos was receiving the brief from his head councilor.
"The enemy has shown signs of rallying," the councilor said. "There are reports of bigger gatherings of forces near conflict zones. Our men may be spread somewhat thin."
"We will be ready for that," Seraos said. "Send some behemoths to the most powerful leader. Capture and behead him. Have a prisoner send his head back to the others. Take the other survivors and crucify them along the battlefield. Make it clear that the others will suffer a similar fate if they do not capitulate or leave the continent. As for our lands, place land mines along spots which are passable but infeasible to guard with men."
"It will be done, my king," the councilor said.

The humanoid creature did not need the foxes to speak to understand them - he knew exactly what they were thinking. "Do not worry - I know exactly what your situation is," he said. "Bear this in mind. I do not ask for your allegiance now. But know what Ishulgu is capable of. His enemies had thought him destroyed. But he survives. He adapts. We gather in some islands, biding our time. But we have the tools. He will soon return. He is not a god that seeks people to serve him - he seeks to serve his people. When next you are unsure of life, consider this."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1435 Posted: 20:59:03 13/09/2018
As Sere approached the table, Raclaw quickly made brief introductions between them. "Icestorm-- this is Godfather Sere, the head of the Guardians. Godfather Sere-- this is Icestorm. We became acquainted shortly after the initial explosion that started the whole journey with Darkmatter, but split up shortly before Latnok came into the picture. And I believe that Godfather Sere has successfully recruited another crewmate, am I right?," he said now looking at the minotaur. "Risar." he simply said with a confirmative nod and slight huff.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:02 13/09/2018 by redwes
#1436 Posted: 21:33:50 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I don’t know. The energy feels similar to the light we saw as well. When we have time we should investigate.” Icestorms said. He followed Raclaw and the others to Sere. “Greetings!”

Meanwhile on the outskirts of the city Shade winced in a little pain feeling this energy again. “It will be ok Shade.” He said to himself.

Icestorm felt this surge of and stood up. “Raclaw That energy I told you about is surging up again.”
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:36:26 13/09/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1437 Posted: 21:40:30 13/09/2018
"Thank you," Sere said, returning the greeting. "It would be good to have you along."
"If you want to go out checking stuff, go ahead," Latnok said. "We have an actual job to do."

Meanwhile, the energy surge did not go unnoticed by the Aelinonians. Immediately, a swarm of wyvern riders could be seen descending on Shade's location. Those sensitive to magic would be able to notice residual energy being siphoned off by a faraway source.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:42:56 13/09/2018 by A Guy
#1438 Posted: 21:45:17 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade backed away scared. He winced once more in pain. “Gah! N-not again!” He was trying hard to hold back his power. He started to run using the cover of the thick forest to hid himself.

Meanwhile with Icestorm. “My god! I’ve never felt this much power! Is growing fast!” Icestorms said. “Mr. Latnok if it is indeed like that powerful light we saw the whole city could be in danger!”
---
SC
#1439 Posted: 21:48:19 13/09/2018
"Latnok's right-- we still need to visit the other taverns around town and hire more crewmates. Our ship isn't exactly small on the count of having to hold Veris, Godfather Sere's Wyvern and mount. It'll take a lot more manpower than we currently have now.," Raclaw said agreeing with Latnok. As he spoke, it was clear that he and Latnok had formed some kind of bond-- and that he cared very deeply for the human. "If it is Shade, than the Aelinonians will soon be upon him. They don't take kindly to excessive power usage here.," he then said worried about the dark Dragolet if that was indeed the case.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:53 13/09/2018 by redwes
#1440 Posted: 21:50:22 13/09/2018
"Like I said, Redwater is no stranger to that sort of happening, and I cannot afford to waste time checking out every single disturbance," Latnok said. "Especially now, with Aelinon undoubtedly testing out more powerful spells. The Void Breaker can protect the city from more powerful magoc. But I'm sure we won't stop you from checking it out yourself, as long as you're back here later."

Some of the wyvern riders landed, running into the forest with polearms and arbalests. Others stayed above, tracking the source of the power and guiding their comrades on the ground
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1441 Posted: 22:17:35 13/09/2018
Quote: cyndego
The pain that had come from Dexes blood making the large wound burn closed was gone. And also the Burned flesh had turned back to normal Dex jumped out of Mavericks hands walking a little then nodding to him. Sapphire also jumped down looking happy about the cure in fact working. They did not say anything. They had made a plan not to talk back in the hospital.... they did not want too many knowing how special Foxes they where in this unfamiliar place

Maverick understood their unwillingness to talk, so he left it at that.
"Gracias kind señor. Really, thank you!" Maverick said with tons of gratitude as he offered the big man some money, even if he hadn't asked for it yet. Finally, he could search for his friends... or he could take on the kind doctora offer if his current travelling companions were too tired. He has to think of their well being too.

Quote: redwes
Quote: [url=http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=139991&post=6369508
The bartender, an older looking half-orc, looked down at Angora and gave a nod. "Sure thing kid-- as long as you have the scales.," he said giving what seemed to be a reasonable number and prepping a moderately-sized portion. He looked down at the little troll, expecting payment and referring to the now metal currency by its Aelinon name. If Angora had previously dealt with buying or selling in an Aelinon city, she would know as to what currency he was referring to.

Angora took out the money. She didn't like being called a kid, but remained silent. She was rather cautious when she noticed the bartender was half orc, which didn't have the best relationship with trolls, but if he wasn't going to judge, neither would she. The coins looked like the currency of Aelinon, but it has some different edges.
"This is what I have. If you want it, you got yourself a deal." Angora said with sass, wanting to but as much meat as she could for her very large friend. As she waited for the bartender to accept her money, she noticed a large group of people around one particular table. Que couldn't see who this people were, but maybe there was a brawl somewhere. Before taking the meat away, she would see what the exitement was all about. She could use a little fun after the lousy days she had.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:36:48 13/09/2018 by Felines
#1442 Posted: 23:08:29 13/09/2018
The half-orc barkeep looked at the coin, inspecting it for value. He would take a slight loss in converting it, but he found that to be acceptable-- at least for someone such as Angora. He saw her as a kid and although he wondered how such a person got ahold of foreign currency, he wouldn't let her starve. "Sure kid-- just be aware that other vendors might apply a surcharge for the necessary conversion. You might want to look into getting that converted if you plan to stick around this area.," he said accepting the money and giving Angora her fair share. Raclaw was blissfully unaware of just how close he was to reuniting with Angora once again.
---
#1443 Posted: 23:11:04 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Suddenly a massive surge of energy came from Shade. “GAH!!” He slid to a stop in pain. “Get away! Now! I don’t want to hurt you!” He said clearly trying hard to hold his power. The ground yet again began to shake making a fiesta buildings collapse in Redwater.
---
SC
#1444 Posted: 23:24:33 13/09/2018
"That's the one," one of them called out. "That's the one destroying buildings!"
"That's the dragon that has the court order!" another called out. "We're going to have to execute his owner." One of the soldiers fired their arbalest at Shade. As the soldiers drew nearer, a protective force could be seen around them, as the Void Breaker centered in on the source of the power.

"I do not seek payment," the humanoid said to Maverick. "Ishulgu has given me all I need. All I desire is that you keep what has happened here in mind, and consider us when thinking about your life choices."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:57 13/09/2018 by A Guy
#1445 Posted: 23:45:05 13/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Gah! I....I can’t control my power!” Shade said. “R-run!” Another pulse of power stronger than the last came off him. In Redwater people were knocked off their feet. Icestorm fell from the pulse of power.

“We cant sit around any longer!” Icestorm said.
---
SC
#1446 Posted: 23:45:59 13/09/2018
Quote: redwes
The half-orc barkeep looked at the coin, inspecting it for value. He would take a slight loss in converting it, but he found that to be acceptable-- at least for someone such as Angora. He saw her as a kid and although he wondered how such a person got ahold of foreign currency, he wouldn't let her starve. "Sure kid-- just be aware that other vendors might apply a surcharge for the necessary conversion. You might want to look into getting that converted if you plan to stick around this area.," he said accepting the money and giving Angora her fair share. Raclaw was blissfully unaware of just how close he was to reuniting with Angora once again.

The meat wasn't as much as she had hoped, but it wil, have to do for both her and Shade.
"Thank you sir." she said, about to see the commotion when the ground around her started to move. She already experienced that once, and that was more than enough for her to know who was responsible. The brawl will have to wait.
"Shade!? You idiot! What now?" Angora exclaimed frustratingly, taking the meat and storming off, headed to where she left Shade. She had no idea what to expect, but it seemed that whenever they were separated, the dragolet went rogue. Why couldn't he wait until finding a beast master? Ever since they went to Aelinon, everything went from bad to worse with them, and now thanks to him, they were back to that awful place...

"I do not seek payment," the humanoid said to Maverick. "Ishulgu has given me all I need. All I desire is that you keep what has happened here in mind, and consider us when thinking about your life choices."

"Still, I would like to repay you somehow." Maverick assured, feeling like he owed something. He would remember the name Ishulgu. He never heard that name before, but it sounded very important.
---
#1447 Posted: 23:46:56 13/09/2018
Most of the power from Shade was absorbed by the Void Breaker, which created a protective barrier around the city. More soldiers came in, and more began firing their weapons at Shade. "Defend the people!" their leader called out.

"If you really wish to repay me, then here is what you may do," the insectoid said. "Let others know of what you have witnessed here. Let them know that if they are troubled, that they may come to Ishulgu, and he will answer them. If you are ever significantly determined, you may take a pilgrimage to Falcon's Beak; however, it is a dangerous voyage, so not for the faint of heart." The insectoid didn't seem to want much more, speaking as if his action was a routine action.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:47 13/09/2018 by A Guy
#1448 Posted: 23:53:48 13/09/2018
With the the last wave, even Raclaw had began to feel it as Shade's aurora vastly expanded and began to re-establish the connection he had long ago formed with the unstable dragolet. His eyes briefly glowed black before his senses started to compensate and the barrier went up. "It's-- it's Shade. I'm connected to him and I can feel his aura expanding.," Raclaw said as his eyes returned to normal again.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:55:20 13/09/2018 by redwes
#1449 Posted: 00:12:02 14/09/2018
Angora didn't take long to find Shade. The wyverns flying above gave him away.
"No no no! Not them!" Angora exclaimed fearful, looking from the distance, Aelinon soldiers were like demons that won't leave them alone.
"STOP. STOP SHOOTING! YOU'RE JUST GOING TO MAKE THINGS WORSE!" Angora yelled to them as she headed towards Shade, but crashed with the barrier. She couldn't reach Shade! She punched the barrier trying to get out, but this was powerful magic! She yelled in frustration, beginning to cry with how helpless and guilty she felt for leaving Shade alone...

"If you really wish to repay me, then here is what you may do," the insectoid said. "Let others know of what you have witnessed here. Let them know that if they are troubled, that they may come to Ishulgu, and he will answer them. If you are ever significantly determined, you may take a pilgrimage to Falcon's Beak; however, it is a dangerous voyage, so not for the faint of heart." The insectoid didn't seem to want much more, speaking as if his action was a routine action.

"I will." Maverick agreed, knowing that such wonderful services will bring good to the people.
"Señor, I hate to take advantage of your hospitality, but I need to find my family. Do you think there is a way for you to pinpoint their location?" Maverick asked meekly, believing that if he had healing magic, he may have location magic as well.
---
#1450 Posted: 00:19:54 14/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade roared out in pain. Another burst of energy came from Shade knocking the solders away. “Get away!”

“We need to stop him!” Icestorm said.
---
SC
First | Previous | Page 29 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me