Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 28 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1351 Posted: 02:17:42 11/09/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“Thank you.” Shade said. He then went over to Angora. “You’re going to be ok. Just rest.” Shade said.

"Shady? Oh, just what is going on? I can't... move my body! Everything hurts like hell! Just what happened to you? And where are we?" Angora said as her body refused to let her move. At least that good news were that she and Shade were alright, and that wherever they were, they weren't in that death trap anymore.

Quote: A Guy
Laszur had had enough waiting. He finally decided to reveal himself, dropping his invisibility. "So, Maverick, we meet again," he said. "I am not here for you, though; I am here to find out what disturbance here was causing knock-on effects in Aelinon. What would you happen to know about that?

Maverick was less than thrilled to see this lizard man again. He has been the one who kidnapped him and made him endure that horrible ordeal in Aelinon. Nevertheless, he hid his disdain and proceeded to answer him in a calm matter.
"I don't know about any disturbance señor. As soon as out trial was over, we left Aelinon, but a few hours later, we were captured by a sadistic water dragon..." Maverick began explaining, wondering how much Laszur witnessed, or if he even caught a glimpse of Blue.

"This blue dragon threatened me and my friends. He was about to kill us if I didn't succumb to his demands, but with some help, I arrived here to this castle, only to find it in ruins. This was his hideout. We don't know what happened here, but the blue dragon attacked us out of nowhere and injured this little fox. I... don't even know if my friends are alive... but... he's the one that needs help right now. Won't you be kind enough to give us a ride on your wyvern and take us to the nearest town?" Maverick begged with a shaking voice, containing his sorrow. Laszur was his only chance at arriving faster. The giant lizard didn't struck him as a kind, selfless being, but Maverick wanted to believe he had a soft spot somewhere inside those scales. He didn't know what else to do now, so asking this scary soilder for help was all he could do right now.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8581
#1352 Posted: 02:18:39 11/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“So you will kill innocent families and children for your own gain? You really are foolish.” Orion said.

“Easy Angora rest. We are in Aelinon these solders helped patch us up. We need to find Maverick when we are strong enough.” Shade said.
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:35 11/09/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1353 Posted: 02:41:41 11/09/2018
Now Angora knew what Shade meant when he said she wasn't going to like his solution.
"Aelinon? You brought us back to Aelinon? Flying? Have you lost it!?" Angora scolded in a raspy voice, being too weak to yell properly. Just what was wrong with Shade's brain bringing them to a place that brought them much misery? Especially while breaking an established rule? Wasn't there a place that WASN'T part of that sadistic city? She couldn't believe the dragolet would take such a risk when they already almost lost their lives. What was worse, Maverick was still missing, and since he was their supposed owner, it could lead them into so much trouble...
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1354 Posted: 02:45:29 11/09/2018
Laszur had seen the tail end of the battle; he may have intervened if it had gone on much longer. He wasn't going to go out of his way to help this man; however, he didn't have to. He had to head out himself. Besides, there was still more he needed to know.
"Okay, follow me," he said. "My wyvern is amongst some trees. While we're moving, you can tell me more about where your troll and dragon friend are. It would be best that you find them before the wander into our territory without you."

"We have every right to do what we have to in order to prevent our own innocent families from dying," Seraos said sternly. "Once this is done, we can all go home. Once the last enemy seeking to destroy us is vanquished, we will not have to fight again. For too long, we have stood idle, and time and time again innocents have paid the price; no more. We will have our peace when they're gone; they'll have their peace when they're dead."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1355 Posted: 02:49:26 11/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“So tell me why do they attack you? Is it because you take their land?” Orion said.

“Easy now. It was the only thing I could of think of. Look we are alive.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1356 Posted: 02:57:22 11/09/2018
"They have been attacking us before we have even been a country," Seraos said. "They have worked with dragons in days past to enslave us. They have always wanted to subjugate us, see us destroyed, take what is ours; we have denied them every opportunity to do so. They will keep trying as long as they stand, however, so they must not stand any more. My duty is to my people; not to them, or to you. Why is it that now you come? Where were you all those years ago? Where were you when they have killed innocent person after innocent person? Why are you only concerned about it now? Do you, too, wish to see us destroyed?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1357 Posted: 02:59:21 11/09/2018
Laszur had seen the tail end of the battle; he may have intervened if it had gone on much longer. He wasn't going to go out of his way to help this man; however, he didn't have to. He had to head out himself. Besides, there was still more he needed to know.
"Okay, follow me," he said. "My wyvern is amongst some trees. While we're moving, you can tell me more about where your troll and dragon friend are. It would be best that you find them before the wander into our territory without you."

Maverick didn't exactly trust the galud, but he was willing to risk it if it meant helping Dex and finding his friends again. After all, he did kinda defended him in the trial and was now helping him, so he may not be such a bad fellow after all.
"Gracias. Thank you so much señor. Listen, I don't know if my friends survived. They were imprisoned... but... if there's a chance they managed to fly away and accidentally find themselves in Aelinon, tell them what I just said to you. I know they weren't supposed to be without me, but it's not their fault. We were forced to separate." Maverick explained, grasping to the hope that his two friends were alive and well, and that they managed to escape just like the people he saw running away from the castle.

“Easy now. It was the only thing I could of think of. Look we are alive.” Shade said.

Angora remained calm... not much she could do anyway.
"Did you explain what happened to us? Why we are without Maverick? These people are harsh, but at least they seem to be fair when the situation is understandable." Angora expressed, remembering that even though she didn't completely agreed with the trial's outcome, the law was at least flexible enough to understand why certain events unfold the way they do.
---
#1358 Posted: 09:47:45 11/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I don’t wish to see anyone destroyed. I remember creating this planet billions of years ago. I remember each species I made to fill this planet with life. I watched them come and go and grow. I can no longer ignore this. I only ask a temporary treaty and I will talk with their leader.” Orion said.

“My lord perhaps he is right. Perhaps our people and them could live in peace?” A royal guard said.
---
SC
#1359 Posted: 12:15:33 11/09/2018
"There is no 'leader' for you to talk to," Seraos said. "There is no one who unites our enemies at the moment - and the only time they unite is to make war. You are foolish if you think that this will end with just a few words - this will not end until one of us is destroyed. That is the end of that. Now I have more pressing matters to attend to. Good day." King Seraos made his way to his wyvern, royal guard in tow, and took off.

"I do not have any leads on their location," Laszur told Maverick. "Unless we spot them as we're flying, I cannot help you in that regard. There is a nearby village here, somewhat isolated; I will bring you there, and you can get your friend here some help. The rest is up to you." As Laszur entered the foliage with the others following, his wyvern could be seen. It was a vivid shade of green, similar to the rest of the vegetation. It was about the same size as every other wyvern in Aelinon.
"Are you going to need a facemask?" Laszur asked. "I am not going to slow down."

Back with Angora and Shade, the soldiers continued to monitor the group patiently. They seemed in no major hurry to do anything - not just yet, at least.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1360 Posted: 13:12:17 11/09/2018
OOC: SC, You forgot to answer Angora's question smilie

"There is no 'leader' for you to talk to," Seraos said. "There is no one who unites our enemies at the moment - and the only time they unite is to make war. You are foolish if you think that this will end with just a few words - this will not end until one of us is destroyed. That is the end of that. Now I have more pressing matters to attend to. Good day." King Seraos made his way to his wyvern, royal guard in tow, and took off.

"No, I don't need it. But thank you." Maverick replied, the only mask he had looked like a tribe mask, which he doubted would help. He has travelled quite a lot with Shade and believed he could handle a little speed.
"Alright Sapphire. Hold on very tightly to me. I will hold on to Dex." Maverick said, needing a hand to hold Dex and the other one to hold on to the wyvern. First, he would help Dex, and once that was taken care of, he would search for his friends. He was pretty certain they survived, and since a small troll and a dragon were bound to stand out, maybe he wouldn't need to search for them after all. It would all be a matter of listening to the gossips.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:13:28 11/09/2018 by Felines
#1361 Posted: 19:44:32 11/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Yes I did. Don’t worry they will allow us to go once we are healed.” Shade said.

“Then I shall stop it.” Orion said. “Maybe one day you will see through your stupidity.”
---
SC
#1362 Posted: 20:59:13 11/09/2018
OOC: A prayer to those lost seventeen years ago, and the families still suffering for that tragedy smilie

“Yes I did. Don’t worry they will allow us to go once we are healed.” Shade said.

"Whew, well that's a relief. I knew they could be flexible enough once they understood the situation." Angora said as she slowly recovered her movement. She could move her head high enough to see her body. She could see the wounds and burns despite the bandages, but at least it was something that a troll could recover from in a short time.

"Oh well. It's not so bad. But tell me, will they at least let you fly this once so we can leave faster?" Angora then asked, doubting their flexibility would go that far, but it didn't hurt to ask.
---
#1363 Posted: 22:09:19 11/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Unfortunately no. I have to walk out once I heal.”
---
SC
#1364 Posted: 22:26:54 11/09/2018
"Heh, well that's a bummer. It'll take us longer to search for Maverick that way. But it's better than getting our heads sliced up or fed to those mountain sized monsters." Angora said rather jokingly, imagining those were just a couple of the many forms of excecution Aelinon had.
---
#1365 Posted: 23:59:05 11/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I could take them.” Shade said jokingly.
---
SC
#1366 Posted: 00:08:49 12/09/2018
"Yeah, and then they will swat you like a mosquito." Angora said, returning the joke.
"I wonder how long they live. Must be quite fun dissecting them. That anatomy must feel like a whole world." she then commented with fascination, never in her wildest dreams imagining a creature so big could exist. No wonder Aelinon was so overconfident with their forces. She then wondered if Maverick had information about them in his tome.
---
#1367 Posted: 00:12:39 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade chuckled. “I’m not sure.”
---
SC
#1368 Posted: 00:22:14 12/09/2018
"Well, it doesn't matter if we never know. What matters is if you feel better. As soon as you recover, we start moving, regardless on whether I feel better. You can carry me. I want us to find Maverick as soon as possible. Who knows where he is with that ungrateful, goggly eyed fox." Angora commented, feeling like she still had a long way to go before she was entirely recovered. Although the soilders were treating them nicely, she still wanted to leave that place soon.
---
#1369 Posted: 02:38:58 12/09/2018
The flight didn't take very long, with Laszur's wyvern moving at a breakneck pace. Soon, a village was in sight.
"So tell me, now that we're almost here - would you happen to know exactly what caused the castle's destruction?" Laszur asked Maverick. "Or would you at least have some hypotheses? It certainly wouldn't have seemed to be anyone that was present while I watched."

The men returned their attention to the group. One in particular, a medic by the looks of his equipment, drew nearer to Angora.
"How are you feeling right now?" he asked her. "What do you remember about what had happened? And do you know where the human that is assigned to you is?
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1370 Posted: 03:19:39 12/09/2018
"I can say with all honesty I don't know señor. When I arrived, the castle was already destroyed. I didn't see what happened. Just a bunch of people and other creatures running away from it. If it wasn't for them, I would've mistaken the castle for simple ruins. I can say for certainty that the blue dragon was very angry. Maybe he caused some of the destruction?" Maverick theorized, having no idea what could collapse such a large castle. He didn't suspect Shade. He was a powerful dragon, but Maverick has never witnessed his extreme power surges. His nightmares were dangerous, but not to the point of such level of destruction, so the hybrid really didn't know what else to think.

"I'll be fine. I can take this." Angora said to the man attending her, trying to retain some of her pride. She then proceeded to answer his question.
"As for Maverick, I wish I knew. We were kidnapped and threatened with excecution unless he searched for someone. We were imprisoned in a castle, and all of the sudden, it began collapsing. I went to look for Shade in the tallest tower, but when I got there, I could barely see anything. The heat was unbearable. It was a very intense light, like looking directly at the sun. Next thing I know, I'm here." Angora explained, deciding to tell the whole truth of the events. She didn't know if Shade would be held responsible for what happened, but if they blamed him, she was ready to defend him again. If there was someone who could explain what really occurred, it was him.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1371 Posted: 08:37:06 12/09/2018
Dex woke up as they landed. Because of his blood he was able to walk already, but it hurted like hell. But That was something he was used to, of course there had not been injury this big in a long time. He then quickly made his way out of Mavericks carrying. "Thanks" he Simply said. It might have been better to go with him some more, but the fox was not feeling Okey with it even if he trusted the one carrying him. With quick thinking Dex knew what to say
" I would say it was a fight inside their own ranks. That dragon you saw could easily bring that place down especially when he is close to a sea. His power is very strong when there is water around, he could have done that easily. Maybe there was somekind of rebellion, and the rebellion was winning so he decided to destroy the place. And I guess this guys (pointing at Maverick) friends used the situation to escape" Dex said thinking that what ever happend it would be usefull to put the blame on Blue. He also did not want the Lizard to know How Well they knew eachother.... because he was sure he did need a cover story, and it would be hard to make up story if they had known eachother for long time.

Sapphire and Dex where already thinking very much the same way, so She thought She knew what Dex was going here, and Thats way She just took a place close to Dex.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#1372 Posted: 10:02:05 12/09/2018
Meanwhile in Redwater...
As the group left the bar, the scene outside was already being rectified - workers were restoring the trees which had been knocked over, and patching up the minor damage to buildings. The city would soon be exactly how it was at the beginning.
"So, what's the next place?" Latnok asked.
"I say we just keep moving along and see what we run into," Sere said. "We're bound to find something."

"Unless someone just happens to know a good bar by name-- I say that's our best option right now. Hopefully we find one less jolly and more-- well suited towards our needs.," Raclaw said as the group picked a direction and started walking. As he spoke somewhat jokingly, he seemed slightly more at ease and comfortable walking through the large city. Chester eagerly followed and walked alongside Raclaw, just happy to be there and to be with his new favorite people-- and dragon. "You wouldn't happen to know a good bar in Redwater, would you Damon?," Raclaw asked over the links directly calling upon his personal entity for the first time. Rather he liked it or not; Damon would always be there and he might as well help. "It's been a long time since I've walked through this world-- many things change in 30 years and beyond that, I am limited to what you have experienced in this world Raclaw. I may know a place, though I can't attest for how consistent the quality of the men have remained for the last 48 years or so. It may not even still exist, but you may just find it if you keep walking.," the voice of Damon could be heard saying over the links.

As the group of two humans, one fur dragon, one dog, and the voice of the once human Damon 'walked'-- they eventually came across another bar. The large corner bar appeared to be made of ancient stone and a sign could seen saying "Hackum & Chain". The first part of the sign appeared be made of a wooden plaque and was nailed over part of the original sign. A smaller sign could be soon next to the large double doors explaining the sign. "Under new management -- Formally the Ball & Chain", the sign said as various sounds could be heard from behind the doors. It sounded like a mixture of your usual drinking and what almost sounded like a brawl. Sounds of cheering and booing could vaguely be heard. "I remember Ball-- he was a fine fighter. I wonder what managed to defeat him.," the voice of Damon could be heard clearly recognizing the place.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:39:25 12/09/2018 by redwes
#1373 Posted: 13:45:29 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
As the fight supposedly fight went on growls and slight roars could be heard behind the door. A man went flying out the window beat up bad. "Anyone else want some?!" A familiar voice said. "I'll take you all on!"
---
SC
#1374 Posted: 13:55:14 12/09/2018
As Angora answered the man, she was trying desperately to get up. Even if Shade has recovered, she doubted he would want to leave if she wasn't feeling well yet...

Quote: cyndego
Dex woke up as they landed. Because of his blood he was able to walk already, but it hurted like hell. But That was something he was used to, of course there had not been injury this big in a long time. He then quickly made his way out of Mavericks carrying. "Thanks" he Simply said. It might have been better to go with him some more, but the fox was not feeling Okey with it even if he trusted the one carrying him. With quick thinking Dex knew what to say
" I would say it was a fight inside their own ranks. That dragon you saw could easily bring that place down especially when he is close to a sea. His power is very strong when there is water around, he could have done that easily. Maybe there was somekind of rebellion, and the rebellion was winning so he decided to destroy the place. And I guess this guys (pointing at Maverick) friends used the situation to escape" Dex said thinking that what ever happend it would be usefull to put the blame on Blue. He also did not want the Lizard to know How Well they knew eachother.... because he was sure he did need a cover story, and it would be hard to make up story if they had known eachother for long time.

Maverick nodded, Dex's explanation making more sense. Finally in a town, the fawn man proceeded to get off the wyvern to get Dex the help he needed.
"Gracias señor. You're very kind. Do you have any more questions? Sorry we couldn't be more useful, but like I said, none of us were present when that castle was destroyed." Maverick said to Laszur, knowing that a soilder like him wanted to find answers.
---
#1375 Posted: 14:03:21 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
"Easy Angora you need rest." Shade said gently putting a paw on her.
---
SC
#1376 Posted: 14:16:23 12/09/2018
"Well you look better. Why can't we just leave?" Angora said, paying no attention to the man. They weren't being mean, but her experience in Aelinon wasn't very pleasant, so she didn't want to stay a minute longer. After they leave, a great scold awaited Shade for bringing them to that infernal place again. He took a risk too great.
---
#1377 Posted: 14:41:56 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
"Rest first then we leave." Shade said. "You need it."
---
SC
#1378 Posted: 14:42:43 12/09/2018
"Don't worry about me," Laszur said. "I will continue to investigate. If I fail to find anything here, then I will get in touch with our mages. The Void Breaker absorbed a great deal of that energy, so they will be able to give me a magic signature that I can match to whatever caused it. From there, it's only a matter of time." Laszur's job done for now, he remounted his wyvern, readying himself for travel to Vonterr.

Latnok and Sere looked as a man was defenestrated. "Already?!" Latnok called out. "Well, wouldn't want to miss any of that, would we? Certainly bound to find someone strong."
As they entered, the scene was every bit as chaotic as they had imagined it to be, with various species engaged in all kinds of debauchery; it was almost certainly happy hour. The pit had people lining up, with the bookie taking bets. Sere spotted what seemed like a job noticeboard, so gave it a view. In addition to perusing all of the offers for work, he placed his own notice on the board.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1379 Posted: 15:01:18 12/09/2018
"Rest first then we leave." Shade said. "You need it."

Angora begrudgingly accepted, knowing that Shade could be as stubborn as her. She looked at the soilders and wondered how they were feeling about the whole situation, and if they were satisfied with the answers she gave them...

"Don't worry about me," Laszur said. "I will continue to investigate. If I fail to find anything here, then I will get in touch with our mages. The Void Breaker absorbed a great deal of that energy, so they will be able to give me a magic signature that I can match to whatever caused it. From there, it's only a matter of time." Laszur's job done for now, he remounted his wyvern, readying himself for travel to Vonterr.

Maverick waved goodbye politely, carrying Dex on his arms and Sapphire on his shoulders. Even if Laszur was kind enough to help them, he was glad to leave. He still didn't like him that much after the capture. Still, Maverick accepted that he was only doing his job, and that he was kind enough for a ride. Now that he was in a town, it was time to search for a doctor or maybe a vet that could help Dex. It shouldn't be too hard. The town was quite small, and the people there seemed to be too busy minding their own business to pay any attention to him. Chances were they thought the foxes were his pets, and he knew many people who had many different kind of animals as companions. He looked around, hoping he could find a place...
---
#1380 Posted: 15:44:51 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
When they entered the tavern a small red Dragon flared out his wings ready to fight. "Bring it on you weaklings!"

Another man twice his size took a swing at him and the Dragon dogged it and threw him into a table. "Any others?!"
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:44 12/09/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1381 Posted: 17:34:16 12/09/2018
The soldiers discussed the answer amongst themselves. By the time they were done, none had gotten back to Angora on the matter - whatever their thoughts, they clearly didn't feel it necessary to share. The medic continued to observe the two every so often, but no significant change in their actions was shown.

"Oh, let's go!" Latnok said, excited, as he began to remove his armor. A good fight - simply a wonderful way to pass the time.
"Well, this should be interesting, then!" Sere said. "My money's on Latnok. Let's see what the bookie has to say."
When Latnok was done, he stepped up to the red dragon. "Now, do you want a real fight? Or are you going to run off?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1382 Posted: 18:07:06 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
The red Dragon turned to Latnok. "Heh! You want your butt handed to you or should I be whimpering like a worm?" He said. "Sense you're new ill give you the first shot. No magic or weapons. Just you and me. Knock out wins."
---
SC
#1383 Posted: 18:52:20 12/09/2018
"That sounds all well and good," Latnok said, agreeing to the terms. "Let's see what you're made of." As the patrons gathered, the bookie began to take bets from several of the more enthusiastic ones. Latnok took a quick step forward and threw a jab, to probe his opponent's defenses.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1384 Posted: 18:54:06 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
The Dragon quickly dogged it and threw a quick punch himself. "You'll have to do better than that."
---
SC
#1385 Posted: 19:22:33 12/09/2018
Latnok weaved out of the way of the punch, not being particularly worried at all. As he did so, he retaliated with a spinning backfist. Nothing I haven't seen before...
Sere, meanwhile, had disappeared, once again off to peruse the job boards. His presence wasn't particularly noticed, with patrons coming in and out of the tavern.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1386 Posted: 20:19:31 12/09/2018
'Is that-- is that Icestorm?!,' Raclaw thought to himself as they soon entered the new bar. He watched as Latnok jumped into the pit and the two started fighted. That-- that was most definitely Icestorm, someone whom he hadn't seen in some time. "Icestorm... what are you doing here?," he thought out loud in a quieter tone. "Icestorm? You know this dragon?," Chester barked looking at Raclaw. "I did once-- he left the initial group some time ago and I haven't seen him since. Until now.," Raclaw responded in dogspeak. He watched the fight with interest, curious as to who exactly would win and wanting to talk to the red dragon afterwards.

The job board listed various jobs-- creatures needing killing, people needing to be brought in, crew members needed for merchant ships,and various others jobs. "Basement full of rats ~ need killing!" "Wanted! Must be alive!" "Crew members needed!" "Bodyguard wanted ~ strong men preferred!" "Exotic Bodyguard Wanted! Will take any race!" "Gryphon troubling village ~ Will pay well!" Every once in awhile, a patron would take a look at the board-- varying in "quality" of strength and other attributes. There was even an minotaur who walked in and started looking at the job board alongside Sere. Others were drinking or taking bets on the new fight.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:34:22 12/09/2018 by redwes
#1387 Posted: 21:15:01 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Icestorm smirked and caught his fist and countered with a uppercut then a kick to the gut.
---
SC
#1388 Posted: 21:39:23 12/09/2018
Latnok dodged the uppercut, blocking the mid kick with his own leg. "Not a bad fighter... not bad at all." He hopped back, waiting for an opening
As Sere browsed the job notices, he had his own on the board. It read, "Looking for experienced sailors for expedition to Falcon's Beak. Combat experience preferred, but not necessary. Pay will match risk. See Godfather Sere, tall man in red dragonhide, to discuss the deal further.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1389 Posted: 21:54:54 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Not bad yourself.” He said in a fighting stance. “Bring it on!”
---
SC
#1390 Posted: 22:12:00 12/09/2018
As Sere browsed the job notices, he had his own on the board. It read, "Looking for experienced sailors for expedition to Falcon's Beak. Combat experience preferred, but not necessary. Pay will match risk. See Godfather Sere, tall man in red dragonhide, to discuss the deal further.

After a few moments of pouring over the notices, the minotaur took notice of Sere's notice and soon noticed the red dragonhide-wearing man standing aside him. A tap could be felt on Godfather Sere's shoulder as the minotaur tried to get his attention. "You Godfather Sere? You post notice?," he said studying the appearance of Sere and confirming within his mind that this was probably the one and same. The tall minotaur wore leather almost gladiator-type armor and had a gold nose ring with 1½ rings of broken chain attached to it. As he spoke, he so in almost primitive fashion-- clearly not entirely efficient in the language. What almost looked like two hilts could be seen protruding from his backside, implying that he carried two weapons on his back.

Raclaw continued to watch the fight with interest, wondering why and how Icestorm had ended up in Redwater. He didn't say anything, but he almost felt as if someone had been watching him at times-- although he thought it may had just been him being wary of the now very much awake Damon. He had a front row 'seat' moving in where another patron had walked away. Chester watched from beneath him, as to not get lost in the small gathering crowd.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:16:49 12/09/2018 by redwes
#1391 Posted: 22:26:03 12/09/2018
Somewhere near Redwater, the miniature troll was finally recovering her motion. All the treatment, antibiotics and rest, not to mention her own system, we're paying off at last. Angora managed to get up after a few tumbles, and after some calm movements, she managed to walk on her own. It was almost night. She was still injured, but she needed no more bed rest.
"Well, I think that's that. Thank you gentlemen for the help, but I think it's time we leave. We need to find our human. Do you think it's possible to allow Shade to fly just this once so we can leave faster? It'll also help us find him faster." Angora asked, doubting they would allow it, but decided to give it a try nonetheless. She knew it was against the court's condition, but maybe they would be willing to make an exception just this once.

Further away from there in a small town, Maverick managed to find the closest thing to a hospital he could find, a place called Healing Factor. The place was quite empty except for a kid with a broken arm and an old woman with a cat. It seemed that this place accepted both humans and animals. When Maverick entered, he was received by a small, cubby woman who seemed to be in her fifties.
"Good afternoon sir. How may I help you?" she asked cordially.
"Yes señorita, I came here to see if you can help my little friend." Maverick said kindly, showing her Dex. The woman then explained that he would have to attend the first two patients, so she lead Maverick to a chair to wait. As he did, he managed to catch a glimpse of the doctor passing through one of the small corridors. He looked mostly human, except his ears were very pointy. Perhaps an elf? They were known to be excellent healers, so Maverick had high hopes for Dex.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:40:24 12/09/2018 by Felines
#1392 Posted: 22:46:31 12/09/2018
Sere turned his attention toward the minotaur, happy that his job notice had already garnered attention. By the looks of it, he was most certainly a fighter - and his manner of speaking would suggest that he was a foreigner, which would almost certainly mean that he came by ship, indicating at least some sort of sailing experience.
"Yes, that would be me," Sere answered. "We are looking to voyage to Falcon's Beak. There are things we need to explore on the island. We will need experienced crewmates. Not sure if there will be any fighting, but we can never be too prepared. There will be ample compensation. Does that sound like something you're interested in?"

Back at the landing site, the men continued to monitor Angora and Shade. Their leader decided to answer Angora. "We cannot permit you to fly under the circumstances," he said, "especially without the human to remain accountable for either of you. You will have to remain on foot.I can write you an order permitting you to remain without him, for a bit of time."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1393 Posted: 23:04:19 12/09/2018
The minotaur only needed a brief moment to decide, having already mostly made up his mind. "Me interested.," he almost immediately responded with a huff. "Me born as slave, leave homeland as free minotaur, sail sea for many months, and fight for pleasure.," the minotaur added almost grasping one of the two hilts visible from his backside. The nose ring and partly broken chain were presumily once used to hold him, although they now served little purpose other than decoration.
---
#1394 Posted: 23:05:01 12/09/2018
Back at the landing site, the men continued to monitor Angora and Shade. Their leader decided to answer Angora. "We cannot permit you to fly under the circumstances," he said, "especially without the human to remain accountable for either of you. You will have to remain on foot.I can write you an order permitting you to remain without him, for a bit of time."

Angora shook her head slowly, finding it unacceptable how they limited their freedom like that, and cruelly assumed that Maverick owned them as if they were nothing but pets. Still, she didn't complained, and decided to ask more questions to make them question their own rules.
"Fine. We'll take the order. Just one thing; how are we suppose to know what is Aelinon territory? The territory is growing constantly. We're in a field in one moment, and the next it's suddenly conquered! Are we going to get punished if Shade happens to be flying at that moment? And without flying, how are we suppose to find Maverick? He could be anywhere by now." Angora asked, finding it too much of a limitation to have Shade flightless. Even a map would be useless if the territory was constantly growing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:31 12/09/2018 by Felines
#1395 Posted: 23:18:21 12/09/2018
Sere was highly pleased - finding their first crew member, and a highly experienced sailor and combatant at that, was a lot easier than he thought it would be. "Welcome aboard," he said, extending his hand for a handshake. "May I have your name?"

"As you are not an Aelinon citizen, your predicament in that matter is not an issue that is a major concern to us," the leader said. "My concern is the safety of our people. As far as our territory goes - we will not encroach on the border of other sovereign nations, or demilitarized zones between us. I wish you the best of luck finding your friend - I can't compromise any more than I already have in this matter, however. If you really need to fly, find a beast master and have him guide you out."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1396 Posted: 23:29:01 12/09/2018
Maverick waited for almost half an hour, when it was finally his turn. As he suspected, the doctor was an elf, even if he was a little taller than usual. He was still shorter than Maverick though.
"Well now, what seems to be the problem?" he asked as he inspected Shade, correctly assuming he was the patient. Maverick then recounted the events. The elf seemed calm, but he was actually very concerned.

"I can see now. This was indeed elemental magic. And it wasn't a fire dragon this time. This is quite bizzare. Water dragons are usually peaceful and barely leave their habitats. Finding one on land, especially to fight, is quite abnormal. Must be one rogue creature. The wound wouldn't have been much of a concern if it wasn't for the fact that the water is acting like a poison. Thankfully, it can be treated, but it will take some time." The doctor explained quietly, with Maverick agreeing. Even though he missed Angora and Shade, he wanted to believe the best. Shade was a mighty dragon, and Angora survived years without him or Shade. He was certain they were alive and well somewhere, maybe even looking for him. Right now, Dex was his main priority.

"As you are not an Aelinon citizen, your predicament in that matter is not an issue that is a major concern to us," the leader said. "My concern is the safety of our people. As far as our territory goes - we will not encroach on the border of other sovereign nations, or demilitarized zones between us. I wish you the best of luck finding your friend - I can't compromise any more than I already have in this matter, however. If you really need to fly, find a beast master and have him guide you out."

Angora resisted her urge to scream at the frustrating answer. Even with their help, the soldiers were still the selfish, bossy jerks she knew they were. After finding the time to compose herself, Angora spoke again.
"Alright! Just give us the order and we'll walk away. But first, can you at least point us to the nearest beast master? We can't remain grounded all our lives." Angora commented rather sarcastically, hating the idea of having someone else train Shade. Who knows what dirty methods those beast masters used to make dragons tamed. Still, it was their only chance for now if they ever hoped to fly again and find Maverick much faster.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:49 12/09/2018 by Felines
#1397 Posted: 23:32:37 12/09/2018
Sere was highly pleased - finding their first crew member, and a highly experienced sailor and combatant at that, was a lot easier than he thought it would be. "Welcome aboard," he said, extending his hand for a handshake. "May I have your name?"

"Me Risar.," the minotaur said shaking Godfather Sere's hand. "You crew-- they here now?," Risar asked wanting to get an early idea on who he would be tasked to protect should it come to it. Meanwhile, Raclaw and Chester continued to watch the ongoing fight between Latnok and familiar Icestorm.
---
#1398 Posted: 23:36:06 12/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade gently nudged her. “It will be ok Angora.”

“Well stranger aren’t you going to make another move?” Icestorm said smirking.
---
SC
#1399 Posted: 23:45:07 12/09/2018
Shade gently nudged her. “It will be ok Angora.”

The troll simply pushed him aside slowly, feeling too frustrated with the situation, not to mention that she was still angry at him for purposely leading them back to Aelinon after the hellish ordeal they went though there.
---
#1400 Posted: 23:46:11 12/09/2018
"Yes..." Sere said. "The current crew is myself, Latnok - the man over there, fighting - the fur dragon you see there, and the dog with him," he informed Risar, pointing at each of the members to indicate them. "Latnok and I are experienced fighters, capable of handling many kinds of threats. Raclaw is very capable with telepathy. Chester... well, Chester has just joined us. You would have to ask Raclaw about him. We are seeking more sailors such as yourself - I am hoping to have a very good crew assembled before the end of the day."
Meanwhile, at he fight arena, Latnok stood his ground. The other fighter would eventually lose his patience, which would give him an opening hopefully.

"The nearest beast master? I'm afraid we won't really be of any help in that regard," the leader said. "The most experienced wyvern riders among us, and the most experienced wyvern trainers, are granted that title. Besides those of us in the military, we also recognize the skill of many others in that regard, and grant them the appropriate qualification. Your best bet is to find someone who manages unruly animals for a living and try to acquire their services."
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 28 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me