Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 8 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#351 Posted: 15:38:08 08/08/2018
"Tourist? Culture?" Maverick repeated, finding each word unbelievable to believe. Did the Guardians really had such cruel forms of entertainment? Were their real goals was severely punish the bad and the different instead of bringing peace like he originally thought? Maverick's disappointment hit him like a ton of bricks. He didn't want to know anything else.

"I'll... go and help Angorita do the watch. We'll let the future reading and wyvern touching for another day." Maverick suddenly said after a while, wanting to end the conversation. The Guardians really had a gruesome way of life. Sentencing people and maybe many kinds of creature to an arena to fight for their freedom while a crowd watched? Even if somebody did something unforgivable like genoscide or was beyond redemption, Maverick believed everyone deserved a second chance, or if it was someone hopeless to change, at least a quick and painless death, not being the means of such disgraceful entertainment. Maverick's disappointment was so overwhelming, even Angora started to feel bad for him. She wanted him to learn the awful truth about the Guardians, but not so bluntly like this.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#352 Posted: 15:58:29 08/08/2018
"Something wrong?" Latnok asked, noting Maverick's change in mood. "Are you one of those thpes who thinks we're secretly running the government? Rounding people up? All that nonsense that is going on about us? No. The fact is, that the nation chooses its laws, it chooses its penalties, and it acts on them. We do not 'control' any of this, neither are we involved in that in any way, except maybe watching if we're visiting the city. If you have an issue with it, you can go find the duke of Redwater and tell him how you feel.
"So, tell me, Mav," Latnok continued, his tone becoming indignant, "what other rumors have you heard about us? Did you hear the one about us spreading smallpox to instigate a war? About us sacrificing children to demons for our powers? Please, I would just love to know what new story is making the rounds these days." The rumor train was one thing Latnok absolutely despised; thr thought that someone he seemed to be getting along with was apparently buying into them disgusted him beyond belief.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#353 Posted: 16:54:56 08/08/2018
Maverick decided to be blunt and tell the truth.
"On the contrary, I've heard many wonderful things about you. I'be heard from many reclusive people that you're all this hidden society of warriors working hard for the peace between nations and other sentient species. That is all. I thought that maybe a society like that would be the place for me, to make a difference in the world no matter how horrible and hopeless it seemed..." Maverick said, having expected these warriors to find peaceful resolution to problems, although Maverick never dismissed the possibility of them using violence when nothing else was left. Maverick was raised seeing the brutality of the world thanks to his bloodthirsty father, and at some point along the way, he decided that he didn't want to be this violent, hated and feared individual that the world was going to resent forever. He wanted to bring peace, and after meeting Angora, the wish just escalated.
---
#354 Posted: 18:03:22 08/08/2018
"Well... that's what Godfather Sere dreams of creating one day," Latnok said. "With changes in the general scope of missions and other actions. Attempts to forge more alliances. The way I see it? That's never going to happen. Evil will never die - and we must always be ready to fight it, however it manifests." Latnok took a furtive look around, before stepping closer to Maverick.
"Just between you and me, there have been a few rumors going about in our ranks, before I left, anyway. Rumors that Godfather Sere is starting to go senile, with how he's been trying to open us up more. Me? I don't quite think that - I just think he's rather ambitious. But many of the members have been driven to us after disastrous experiences with monsters or other sapient races. Some who felt that the very concept of working with a troll was a complete betrayal to their ideals - that Godfather Sere has just stopped caring about people for some pie-in-the-sky fantasy, or that foreign governments are manipulating him.
"My point is, that any such goal will require a long, long time to come into fruition, if it's even possible. With how often many of us are in life-and-death situations, we are very reluctant to throw away our own lives, or those of our brothers, for those we believe will kill us as soon as we're given the opportunity. Although... based on what whoever you spoke to told you about us, it would seem that they have had positive experiences with us. Like I said, many people hear these unfounded rumors about us, and make their own conclusions until we help them out." Latnok stepped back - feeling uncomfortable exposing his face, and possibly his feelings, he grabbed his helmet, putting it on again.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#355 Posted: 18:31:04 08/08/2018
As Latnok spoke, Maverick did a lot of brainstorming in his mind. He then came to the conclusion that wherever the Guardians were established, it was a dark and dangerous place, leading them to extreme and questionable methods in their goal to achieve peace. In other words, their intentions were good, even if their methods weren't.
"Well, in the end of the day, I guess you're just trying to do some good, even if you have the hardest way of doing it." Maverick finally said, with Angora really annoyed. Once again, the former pirate was trying to see the positive side of everything. Maverick didn't want to believe their organization was evil, just extreme.
"I shall bring peace my own way, but don't worry. I may be peaceful, but I'm not naïve. I'm ready for any battle if there is no other choice. I'm aware that not everyone is good and that there will always be someone, or something that is beyond redemption." Maverick assured, not wanting Latnok to think that he went blindly through life thinking absolutely everything had good in it. Maverick has learned the hard way there are some people that are never going to change, and that there was evil around. Still, the ever idealistic Maverick did believe that good overpasses evil by a long mile, even if some people with harsh lives found it impossible to believe.
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#356 Posted: 20:02:05 08/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“You did what you had to do to keep me from going wild.”
---
SC
#357 Posted: 20:48:06 08/08/2018
Angora was rather surprised to hear Shade respond to her. She though he would be too busy to pay attention or was simply ignoring her.
"Yes, well, I almost died for it. Remember? The... threats?" Angora said with a smug look, remembering how much Shade despised being kept awake. She was glad there were no hard feeling for it, but she wasn't one to easily forget.
---
#358 Posted: 20:56:28 08/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“Some what. I don’t remember much after Raclaw showed me his memorys.” Shade said.
---
SC
#359 Posted: 21:00:47 08/08/2018
Angora shook her head and stopped talking altogether, Shade being too hopelessly distracted to think or even talk straight. While her ears still focused on Maverick and Latnok's conversation, she looked around the cave from time to time keeping watch, especially on the captive. It was by this time that she just had a fish... and didn't even know who gave it to her or if she stole it from either Raclaw or Shade. The corrupted dragon wasn't the only one distracted...
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#360 Posted: 21:18:34 08/08/2018
"I'm sorry Shade-- I shouldn't have gone so deep. I was a risky move and even more so considering the side effects.," Raclaw said to Shade not realizing the full effects such as move would have not only on himself, but on Shade as well. "Tell me though-- do you recall what my adoptive father said? Immediately prior to that amazingly delicious Rainbow Fish I mean.," he then said still recalling the mouthwatering flavor and hoping that he would get to experience that at least once more in his life. If both he and Shade heard about the fur dragon, than he knew it had to be true.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#361 Posted: 22:05:39 08/08/2018
Latnok put his head down. "That's as much as I can hope for," he said - still having his doubts about Maverick's authenticity, but hoping that it wouldn't come to the point where it would have to be tested. "Though normally, we prefer to have other humans involved in our battles only when absolutely necessary, such as at sea where we don't have men particularly trained to be sailors. I'm not the kind of person who's capable of working to build society; that is not my niche. That job lies with everybody else, those who don't dedicate their lives to fighting. All I'm here for is to make sure that everyone is still around to do it. Because, as much good as there is in the world, there is evil that would see it destroyed - evil which doesn't go away just because you speak kindly to it. And that's what gives me a purpose - nothing else." Latnok once again looked back up, smiling underneath his helmet.
"But I think it's a worthy purpose. I have as much a place as anyone else does, after working hard for it. And that's all I could ask for."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#362 Posted: 23:24:29 08/08/2018
After finishing his explaination, Maverick was having just a slightly better view of the Guardians. He wasn't a fan of their methods, and still believed Latnok was a little unstable, but at least his heart was, or at least tried to be, in the right place.
"Well, I suppose I can help train men to become sailors. Or recruit some that already are. I can help with that. But as for me, I'd rather spend some time away from the ocean. Spent most of my life there you know. I want to remain on land for a while. Perhaps in the future, I will return to a ship, but in the meantime, I just want to continue my life on the ground, seeing things I never believed existed." Maverick said truthfully, kinda missing the sea life but adoring his new life on land. And after all the bad memories on his father's ship, he wanted to wait until the wounds were healed before touching a ship again.

The conversation was getting too mushy for Angora, and it irritated her beyond end how Maverick demeanor towards Latnok changed for the better. She said nothing though, wanting to honor her part of the deal. But as soon as Latnok reports to Sere, she was going to claim her part.
---
#363 Posted: 00:10:00 09/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“I do remember. Like when Latnok menchened another of my kind”
---
SC
#364 Posted: 00:19:43 09/08/2018
"A fur dragon and an armored human he said-- clearly referring to a Guardian and about six years ago.," Raclaw said thinking out loud. "Do you think we'll find what we're after? My parents and your kind?," he then asked with just a hint of hope and wanting to know the Dragolet's thoughts on the matter. As he spoke, his eyes had a certain sparkle to them as if he was more hopeful now than he had ever been before. He now knew for a fact that he had been this close to what could have possibly been one of parents no more than six years ago. The experience rejuvenated him somewhat and did indeed give him hope.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:07 09/08/2018 by redwes
#365 Posted: 01:11:13 09/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“I hope so. Latnok did say they tracked another of my kind.” Shade said.
---
SC
#366 Posted: 01:21:56 09/08/2018
Angora didn't want to interrupt the conversation, but she felt like she needed to say something.
"Well, pray you are the first to find them." Angora said in a low voice, not directly mentioning Latnok or any of the Guardians, but she was certain that if they found them first, they would either hunt them down or enslave them to prevent them from corrupting like Shade is...
---
#367 Posted: 01:59:00 09/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“Me too. I only want to know I’m not alone.”
---
SC
#368 Posted: 02:26:01 09/08/2018
Shade's comment got Angora thinking very hard. If she ever succeeded in defeating this Darkmatter, what next? Clearly she won't be able to return to her own kind. And she probably would have to go through life pretending to be a deformed goblin once again. They didn't have the best of reputations, but they were still far more accepted than trolls. Maverick seemed to be open to the possibility of joining the Guardians despite on what he said earlier. He said he wouldn't leave her alone ever again, but if he went with Latnok afterwards, there was no way she was going to be part of that world. Even if it meant being alone again, she wasn't going to be part of the Guardians, whether they accepted her or not. She refused! She was getting depressed all over again. She was even considering doing something extreme like living underground to avoid being in a world where bigotry, racism and violence was too overwhelming. She wanted to disappear as soon as all this madness was over.
---
#369 Posted: 02:36:06 09/08/2018
"Well..." Latnok said, "There are plenty of things that you don't know exist that you wouldn't want to meet. Trust me on that - I could give you a book on the subject matter of all of the creatures we've discovered so far. Sure, nice to sate your curiosity and all that, but forewarned is forearmed. I haven't lived this long by going in to everything blind. You know... all of the weapons and armor we have, and yet they're not our deadliest weapon. Information is. Being able to know what's going to happen - it's something that I will always value."
Latnok continued to watch the sky, as the moon made its way across. Soon the first watch would be over. He could use some sleep - he intended to go hunting again in the morning, to get some more food for Veris.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#370 Posted: 02:36:29 09/08/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“Me too. I only want to know I’m not alone.”

"For what it's worth-- I hope you find them.," Raclaw said with a slight smile. He truly hoped that Shade would eventually find another Dragolet or at least a sign as they traveled to Redwater and beyond.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:38:25 09/08/2018 by redwes
#371 Posted: 03:02:33 09/08/2018
Angora went to a more darker part of the cave, wanting to do the watch from a distance, but als to let Raclaw and Shade talk without any more interruptions. There she was, about to battle some thing threatening the world, a battle that had high possibility of her not making it out alive yet she was severely mistreated and humiliated by one of the members of that group and nobody cared. Both Raclaw and Maverick defended her once, yet nothing came of it. What's more, the latter seemed to be getting very along with her tormentor, increasing her depression. Her last hope was Sere. She would know if his honor had more value than Latnok's...

Quote: A Guy
"Well..." Latnok said, "There are plenty of things that you don't know exist that you wouldn't want to meet. Trust me on that - I could give you a book on the subject matter of all of the creatures we've discovered so far. Sure, nice to sate your curiosity and all that, but forewarned is forearmed. I haven't lived this long by going in to everything blind. You know... all of the weapons and armor we have, and yet they're not our deadliest weapon. Information is. Being able to know what's going to happen - it's something that I will always value."
Latnok continued to watch the sky, as the moon made its way across. Soon the first watch would be over. He could use some sleep - he intended to go hunting again in the morning, to get some more food for Veris.

"A book would be very nice." Maverick said, ready to accept such a valuable item if Latnok had a spare. Neither his father or his crew knew how to read, so Maverick taught himself in his spare time before meeting Angora. Before Latnok could give him the book, the hybrid man took one look at Veris, and then at the sky.
"In the meantime, I'm just happy to see dragons. Who would've guessed I'd find them here? I'm glad I entered this place. It must be so cool flying way up into the sky, seeing everything so tiny from above. I... I would really like to try it... after I lose my fear of course." Maverick said, not ashamed to admit it. Despite Orion being bigger, he had such a benevolent air that it was hard to be genuinely afraid of him. Veris was a close second in size, but he was far more menacing in appearance. Maverick knew he could ask some of the other dragons for a ride, but knowing that they could talk, he would feel rather embarrassed asking. Veris couldn't talk and was already a mount, so he was the most appropriate choice in this case.
---
#372 Posted: 03:17:10 09/08/2018
Latnok tried his best to stifle a laugh, as he rummaged through his possessions on the floor. "Veris? Oh, you don't have to worry about him. He wouldn't harm any human unless they attacked him or he was ordered to. Even if he does think you smell delicious... I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But yeah, Godfather Sere is probably going to take Veris for a flight to survey the general area tomorrow morning, weather permitting. You're free to join him, if you wish."
As he spoke, he finally found what he was looking for after moving a lot of junk out of the way - an exceedingly thick, heavy tome, titled Ardent Guardians - Field Guide to Creatures for Explorers and Warriors. "Ah, here it is," he said as he grabbed it. "The perfect field guide for knowing your way around various creatures in this world. Where they are located, their typical disposition, how to identify them, how to fight them or escape from them if need be, et cetera. Has information about things on land, sea, and sky - things like sirens, poltergeists, harpies, et cetera. We have plenty of these back at the stronghold, so I'll give you this one free of charge." Latnok held the book out, prepared to relinquish it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#373 Posted: 03:50:39 09/08/2018 | Topic Creator
“And I hope you fine what you’re looking for.” Shade said.
---
SC
#374 Posted: 04:01:40 09/08/2018
Quote: A Guy
Latnok tried his best to stifle a laugh, as he rummaged through his possessions on the floor. "Veris? Oh, you don't have to worry about him. He wouldn't harm any human unless they attacked him or he was ordered to. Even if he does think you smell delicious... I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But yeah, Godfather Sere is probably going to take Veris for a flight to survey the general area tomorrow morning, weather permitting. You're free to join him, if you wish."
As he spoke, he finally found what he was looking for after moving a lot of junk out of the way - an exceedingly thick, heavy tome, titled Ardent Guardians - Field Guide to Creatures for Explorers and Warriors. "Ah, here it is," he said as he grabbed it. "The perfect field guide for knowing your way around various creatures in this world. Where they are located, their typical disposition, how to identify them, how to fight them or escape from them if need be, et cetera. Has information about things on land, sea, and sky - things like sirens, poltergeists, harpies, et cetera. We have plenty of these back at the stronghold, so I'll give you this one free of charge." Latnok held the book out, prepared to relinquish it.

Maverick was startled when Latnok did that joke, and even though he suspected it was just that, it didn't make him any less nervous, especially since Veris indeed sniffed him too up close that afternoon. But even more startling was one of the words he heard.
"Sirens?" he repeated in a low voice, spacing out for a moment, but his humor and focus did improved when he received the tome.
"Than, you señ... I mean, Mr. Latnok. I shall read it later on. No matter how exiting the lecture, reading always makes me sleepy." Maverick declared, putting the great book away in his own, hyperspace bag. He then looked at the stars once more, and then turned around to look at Veris. Such a humongous specimen. Maverick still had a few questions, but he didn't want to keep Latnok talking if he didn't wanted to. He was noticing how sleepy the younger Guardian was getting, so the ever polite Latnok didn't want to prolong the conversation if he didn't want to...
---
#375 Posted: 04:36:58 09/08/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“And I hope you fine what you’re looking for.” Shade said.

"Thank-you. I hope so too.," Raclaw said briefly touching his collar and thinking about how he had once been so close-- and yet so far away at the same time. If the trader's interaction had only occurred one day later, he might've possibly been reignited (Get it?) and wouldn't have had to gone on a wild goose chase to find any sign of his past-- only to find the actual Guardians by pure accident. Or if only he had remembered sooner, although he couldn't exactly blame his taste buds or his adoptive parents for not knowing. It was obvious that he cared very deeply for them and that he treasured his old memories fondly. It was also obvious that he had enjoyed that Rainbow Fish just a little too much-- and still couldn't quite get it out of his head.

As they talked, he ate his fair share of the fish in front of them. It was no Rainbow Fish, but it would due to settle his real world hunger.
---
#376 Posted: 17:21:20 09/08/2018
Maverick looked at the starry sky, quiet all of the sudden. Despite being tired, he wanted to help Angora and Latnok with the watch, more for the former's sake than anyone else's. As he sat without saying a word, he was still thinking about Latnok's offer. Even though it was tempting, he doubted he wanted to be part of the Guardians anymore, especially since he didn't want anything to do with the sea for the time being. He wanted to be a simple traveling merchant, wanting to live his life honestly, and also see the world he missed, but now that he thought about it, perhaps he didn't have to do it with his own two feet. So after nearly half an hour of silence, he spoke to Latnok again.
"Hey... Mr. Latnok? My apologies for not accepting your offer... at least not right now. I want to continue being a traveling merchant for a while, but for me to travel faster, could you also spare a horse?" Maverick said, feeling a little bad for asking for something else when he already receive such a useful book. Maverick hasn't mounted something as simple as a horse before, but perhaps he could learn on his own. It had to be easier than a dragon, was it? A dragon of his own would be awesome, but there was no way he was ready for one, especially due to his fear and their high maintenance.
---
#377 Posted: 17:46:16 09/08/2018
Latnok, his head down as he became tired, picked it up again as Maverick spoke to him. "A horse? As you are an outsider, it is not within my capabilities to grant one to you; you would have to speak to an Adjudicator or Godfather Sere for that." Latnok put his head back down; he wanted to meditate, but hadn't gotten the opportunity to.
"I wouldn't worry too much about the offer. Like I said, we can pull crew from other places, and we're more than capable of handling any fighting; whether it be some good-for-nothing pirates or some sirens."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#378 Posted: 18:31:50 09/08/2018
Maverick flinched when Latnok said pirates and sirens. Those were very sensible words to him, but he said nothing about it.
"Fine. I'll ask him about it later." He replied as he left Latnok's side, noticing that he wanted some alone time. Having finished their conversation, Maverick went to Angora's side this time, wanting to get reacquainted.
"Hola Angorita." he said with a goofy smile, with Angora having only a groan as a response. She wanted to have some hard earned peace. He wanted to find some conversation, but knowing how Anglra was, he knew it would be hard.
"Well then... so many dragons, eh? How funny this day, from never seeing dragons to seeing a bunch of them in a day." he said, still rather exited to see many of them. They overshadows the actual variety of that group. Angora simply smiled.
"Don't think you're safe. I'll still make you approach that one." Angora said, pointing at Veris, making Maverick silenced again. She could barely wait for tomorrow, to have Veris awake and make Maverick see how much she interacted with the menacing looking wyvern.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#379 Posted: 19:36:33 09/08/2018
Dex was just looking not really doing anything. Then he stood up and started to walk outside.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#380 Posted: 20:05:46 09/08/2018
Finally - the moon had reached the point signalling the end of the first watch. Latnok stood up, making his way to Angora - he found her and Maverick in conversation. He also noted Dex headed outside; with how elusive he was, though, he didn't particularly worry for him.
"First watch is up," Latnok said. "You can go to sleep." Without any further word, he walked away, back to his pack and his supplies, ready to get some sleep. He sat back down, beginning to remove his armor, stating with the helmet.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#381 Posted: 20:16:39 09/08/2018
"It's time.," Raclaw said noticing the shift change as well as Latnok's growing tiredness. He finished the last bite of his fish and as his ears perked up-- he motioned for Shade to join him towards the entrance of the new cave. He would welcome the conversation and if anyone else wanted to stay up as well, he wouldn't say no. "Thank-you for the fish and-- and I'm sorry for worrying you.," he briefly said to Latnok. If it wasn't Shade being affected by his metal abilities, it was Latnok-- and this last incident could have easily required outside help had they not found their own way out.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:54 09/08/2018 by redwes
#382 Posted: 20:21:39 09/08/2018
Both Maverick and Angora were surprised that the first watch was over so soon. It was only a couple of hours long. The troll in particular had thought Latnok was going to extend it just to annoy her.
"See Angorita? That wasn't so hard, was it? Cone on little troll. Let's get some sleep." The kind man child said, improvising two beds with some rocks and moss. He fell asleep on his side almost immediately, having waited for this moment for a while. Unlike Angora, he slept like a log.He could sleep through entire storms without flinching. But Angora was still rather awake, tired but not sleepy. With everyone else slumbering away, there wasn't much she could do, and there was no way she was going to extend her watch. Thinking what she could do, she finally decided to relax by sleeping with her head resting on Veris' belly. His snores vibrated it, and it was a soothing movement, pretty much like a giant cat's purr. Raclaw's soft fur would've made the perfect pillow, but since it was his turn to do the watch, it was out of the question, plus she doubted he would let her sleep so close anyway even if he didn't do the watch.
---
#383 Posted: 20:27:54 09/08/2018
"Eh, don't worry too much about it," Latnok said as he removed his boots, the last piece of his armor, being too tired to want to give the situation any more thought. "Be careful - keep your wits about you. And do make sure that Dex doesn't get into too much trouble, please."
Latnok laid down, resting his head against his empty pack. Utilizing sleep training, he immediately fell into a deep, restful sleep.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#384 Posted: 20:35:16 09/08/2018
OOC: For those unaware, I've now added a ♞ Character Stats document to the the Resource Folder. It sorts and tracks useful information pertaining to each character-- such as Species, Height, and Age. For instance, did you know that only three members aren't some sort of hybrid/mixed/subspecies? smilie

Raclaw gave a simple nod and proceeded towards the entrance of the cave alongside Shade, letting the tired Guardian have his rest. Besides Dex-- the party now had four other members who were all barely two feet tall. Each and every one of them would make easy prey for some creature, although he was sure that Angora would fight to the very last moment.
---
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 21:39:47 09/08/2018 by redwes
#385 Posted: 21:36:21 09/08/2018
OOC: That's very good redwes. Make sure SC sees it so he can put it in the first page smilie

Latnok and Maverick slept deeply, but despite being more relaxed, Angora still wasn't able to sleep. She slept too much already during the day and she simply couldn't shut down. She was still very relaxed though, with closed eyes and just being lazy. If she did get sleepy, she wanted to make sure it wasn't profound and risk the giant Veris turning around in her sleep crushing her. She opened her eyes just once in a while, and saw Dex leaving the cave. And Latnok think she's the one who causes trouble? She only hoped he wouldn't go far and risk leading a predator to their new hiding place.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#386 Posted: 00:06:06 10/08/2018
Ooc: You really have done so many great things for this rp smilie Thanks again redwes smilie

Dex was walking outside. Not too far away, but still far enough. He felt like he really needed some time alone. He had never been in a group like this really. Usually he got in them to kill someone and Stab them in the back. Well that was ofcourse what had happen now. But this time somehow he did end up with the group. He had never taken a job which was done by helping some group for a long time. " Well a job is a job I guess" he thought

He did not want anybody to know, but he was in need of money. His Jobs had gave him alot of valuables, and he in fact had a great plan to build great underground house for himself. But in the time he was collecting his fortune his hiding place was found by local troops. Even if they were looking for the famous poison assassin, nobody ever realised he could be a fox. Dex got away easily, but everything he had own was now gone. He was running away from his original hiding place when he ended up with the group. He needed to start over and the only way to do that was to get more Jobs and money thats Why he was so acepting to Seres offer.
" What I am going to do after this, I need to find a new place to hide and get back in the action with the league (League of assassins might tell more about it later). My ratings will soon fall and they think I am dead". Dex thought walking around.

Ooc: So many others have given more backstories, and generally more about the characters so I thought I might do some of that myself. I think I will continue this later smilie
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#387 Posted: 01:48:55 10/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade looked out at the stars. The mountains naturally glowing crystals were now glowing their yellow color. Even Storms marking were glowing yellow.

”Storm go hunting. Be back.” He telepathy said.
---
SC
#388 Posted: 02:09:09 10/08/2018
"Good hunting.," Raclaw simply replied telepathically trusting the now glowing Storm Claw. As Storm wondered off, Raclaw looked back at the others and nodded-- indicating that Storm would be back to anyone who was paying attention. He looked out upon the stars as well, wondering what would await them in Redwater and beyond.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:51 10/08/2018 by redwes
#389 Posted: 02:16:38 10/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Ooc: Storm doesn’t fly. His wings are too small for that.

“I can feel this deep darkness getting stronger every time we get closer.” Shade said.
---
SC
#390 Posted: 02:17:37 10/08/2018
The sleepless Angora noticed the movement, and when she saw who else was leaving the cave, she started to get really worried.
"Hey hey, where does he think he's going?" Angora asked, expecting an answer from pretty much anybody doing the watch tonight. Despite not liking the creature's earlier lack of freedom, she didn't trust him either. Dex was also outside, and she didn't want to risk the beast betraying them.
---
#391 Posted: 02:32:59 10/08/2018
"He's going hunting. Don't worry-- he'll be back." Raclaw said looking back at Angora. Regardless, he would keep his senses open as much as he could without letting in the corruption. Not only was he listening out for Dex's thoughts, but Storm's too and any other creature that might approach the cave.

"I can feel it too. The closer we get-- the more corruption gets into my system.," Raclaw said responding to Shade.
---
#392 Posted: 02:39:59 10/08/2018
"Ugh, corruption? Seriously?" Angora complained, having wanted to forget about the corruption after how hard it was to keep Shade under control. Now they were risk of not one, but three individuals going rogue.

"Come on, when will we find this Darkmatter? Or are we just waiting for it to attack? Here we are moving from cave to cave doing nothing at all while this evil thing is eating up your minds. Seriously, I feel like we're just on a wild goose chase!" Angora expressed, feeling that if someone as mellow and gentle as Raclaw could feel such corruption, they were going to get in big trouble once it took over. She didn't know much about the fur dragon, but Angora did knew that both Shade and Latnok could be very dangerous...
---
#393 Posted: 10:39:37 10/08/2018
Latnok continued to sleep peacefully. His sleep remained dreamless, for the most part. Soon, however, an image began to come into his mind.

A big, monstrous, indescribable abomination of a creature. It was restrained, however, with shackles of energy of some kind. Everyone in the party - save for one person - was on the floor, battered, defeated, helpless. The one person - Angora - was on the creature's back, sword in hand, raised as if to strike a killing blow. But she hesitated.
"What are you waiting for?!" Latnok called out. "Finish it!"
Angora hesitated more - then lowered her sword. "No," she said. "He'll kill everyone who ever made fun of me. I think I'll just sit back and watch." And so the abomination began devouring everyone in the party, starting with Orion, and then -
Latnok woke up, visibly disturbed. Nothing much has changed... in fact, he could tell that his sleep was otherwise good. But the doubts lingered in his mind. He would take a moment to relax and then get back to sleep.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#394 Posted: 21:06:00 10/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Orion was awake and sensed Latnok uneasiness. He then looked at the sleeping Angora. He nods and looks outside. “She will defeat it.” He said to himself.
---
SC
#395 Posted: 21:54:07 10/08/2018
OOC: Angora isn't asleep smilie

Angora was at the mouth of the cave, watching Dex and the direction the storm claw took. She didn't trust either of them, and since she couldn't sleep a wink, she decided to extend her night watch, with her own free will this time. She looked inside the cave to see Latnok awake, but after a few seconds, she continued the watch as if nothing happened...
---
#396 Posted: 22:05:00 10/08/2018
Latnok looked on for a moment. Despite his best efforts, not only had Angora failed to cast the spell, she showed the same resentment towards doing anything to prove herself and continued to blame others for her problems. He didn't even believe it was her casting the spells she did, despite his attempt at a positive attitude - probably Neo doing all of the work, which is why she could cast other spells but not force bolt, requiring a corporeal body.
Something else was taking hold of him. Not anger, not frustration - not anymore. Just apathy. He honestly couldn't be bothered with her at this point. She refused to improve herself, and now she had Maverick justifying her behavior, even after admitting that she physically abused him. Change at this point was impossible. So why should he be the only one who cared about it?
He would report the results to Godfather Sere. But he would upkeep his end of the deal regardless - he couldn't be bothered with her anymore.

Godfather Sere opened his eyes. His lips felt dry - he needed some water, but then would get right back to sleep. Heading to his belongings on the floor, he sifted through them for a canteen.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#397 Posted: 23:02:54 10/08/2018
After several hours of watching the surrounding, boredom was finally making Angora sleepy. The sun wasn't appearing, but she estimated it wouldn't be too long before it was dawn. Feeling exhausted, Angora picked the rocks and moss Maverick has prepared for her and pulled them away in order to sleep at a considerable distance from the annoying hybrid. She didn't want to sleep with Veris either, feeling too bitter to sleep near anybody. She did however slept a few feet besides him, in a position where his enormous body would block the other's line of sight. She didn't want anyone disturbing her, and believed that if nobody saw her, they wouldn't want to wake her. She fulfilled her end of the deal, and believe she would finally see if Sere's honor was worth anything once she woke up and saw the progress of her night watch.
---
#398 Posted: 13:11:46 11/08/2018
After getting some more rest, Sere was on the final watch. After donning his armor, he knelt besides Latnok, shakig him gently to rouse him from sleep. Latnok sat up, not immediately but without any sluggishness.
"How did it go?" Sere asked Latnok telepathically.
"Well," Latnok began, "despite my best efforts and attempt at a positive attitude, she proved to be as rude and obstinate as ever, still refusing to acknowledge her flaws. That is something I fear will not change, now that she has Mav vocally supporting her behavior. She has proven incapable of casting force bolt, and though she did apparently cast other spells, I have no indication that it wasn't Neo casting those spells on her behalf. Overall, regardless of my attempts, I fail to see any potential in her, and wouldn't trust her to be reliable in any sort of meaningful way. I foresee nothing but disaster, the way things are going. Regardless, I give up on her - I do not intend to talk to or hear from her again, as long as she upholds her end."
"Hmm... very well. Go back to sleep," Sere said, which Latnok complied with. This was a worrying development for him - Latnok rarely, if ever, gave up on anyone, even if they were a difficult student. At the same time, their hopes were pinned on Angora doing what they needed her to do... unless he could successfully replicate her magic. Grabbing Grimbane, he once again began his attempts to reproduce the spell.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:09:25 11/08/2018 by A Guy
#399 Posted: 14:14:33 11/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Suddenly Neos voice came to Latnok. ”I had no part in helping Angora. That was all her. She only used my sword to focus the spells.”
---
SC
#400 Posted: 15:05:26 11/08/2018
Latnok, about to go back to sleep, instead sat back up. "Honestly, Neo..." he telepathed, "do you seriously expect me to believe a word you say about her? After your claims of her 'compassion'? Now, listen. I am far from a compassionate individual. I kill on a regular basis. But I do not take joy in the suffering of my enemies, like she has shown. I would not kill millions to spite one man, I have not been outright rude and hostile to almost every member of the party. The one standing up for her has himself admitted to her being physically abusive. All of that is a far cry from 'compassionate.' Your blatant favoritism is quite obvious.
"So if I won't trust you on that, why do you think I'll trust you when you say you didn't cast the spells for her? You expect me to believe that she can somehow cast fireballs and lasers, but can't cast a simple force bolt, the one spell we tried which requires a physical body to cast? I'm not going to hold my breath on any miracle - I just don't care to be bothered with her anymore. If you want to put so many lives at risk because of your obsession, be my guest."
With that, Latnok laid back down, preparing to resume sleeping.
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 8 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me