Page 1 of 1
HD remaster
undeadmaster Gold Sparx Gems: 2126
#1 Posted: 02:23:08 19/06/2018 | Topic Creator
My friend and I made a petition to get Activision and Toys for Bob to make an HD remaster of Skylanders: Spyro's adventure. We both played it growing up, and it's our favorite Skylanders game. Here it is if you want to sign it: https://www.change.org/p/activ...ure-hd-remaster
---
I probably won't be back for like a year.
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#2 Posted: 02:25:46 19/06/2018
that game already in hd
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
#3 Posted: 02:30:30 19/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Oh... I played on the Wii... Still, a remaster on current gen consoles would still be cool.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#4 Posted: 03:04:50 19/06/2018
i would give it a few more years. honestly, i think acti/tfb are trying to take spyro out of a sinking ship.

dont take this personally, but skylanders is kinda of dying, along with the toys to life genre.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#5 Posted: 03:32:39 19/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Oh I know it's dying. I just really liked Spyro's Adventure. I personally don't like any of the games after Swap Force, and I like Spyro's Adventure WAY more than Giants and Swap Force. Honestly I don't expect this petition to go anywhere, I just made it to for fun and to see how many signatures I could get.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 03:37:24 19/06/2018
Quote: Thunderdragon14
that game already in hd

hd

for

HUGE
DRAGON BREASTS
#7 Posted: 03:47:19 19/06/2018
Quote: ZapNorris
that game already in hd

hd

for

HUGE
DRAGON BREASTS

damn if skylanders got a HD remake i might be interested smilie
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#8 Posted: 05:11:45 19/06/2018
that game already in hd

hd

for

HUGE
DRAGON BREASTS

[User Posted Image]

- - -
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#9 Posted: 05:29:37 19/06/2018
Quote: Bolt
that game already in hd

hd

for

HUGE
DRAGON BREASTS

[User Posted Image]

- - -

[User Posted Image]
- - -
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 06:21:01 19/06/2018
@ activision give us dragon tits you cowards
flarewolf 34 Blue Sparx Gems: 576
#11 Posted: 09:20:40 03/08/2018
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS plz
---
my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ1A12cTLUPE1rLewjqX5Bw?view_as=subscriber
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#12 Posted: 10:27:29 18/08/2018
its just to early for anything new skylanders right now... but if the new spyro trilogy do good i can see a remake of skylanders spyro adventure happen. but this time there will be no figures to buy and you will start with spyro and unlock the other characters as you play. the dlc will be included and i can even see they change spyro to look like the spyro in the new spyro trilogy remake... its gonna be all good.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Tvk Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#13 Posted: 14:45:36 03/04/2019
3 people have signed this far....
Can't wait for a remake, mis skylanders
A remake of both spyros adventure and giants would be nice.
All games playable on one system. Those 2 games are the only reason I still have the ps3
#14 Posted: 08:22:33 11/08/2019
Quote: Drawdler
I tried to make a HD (5x original) texture for Warnado and his official one is just so good and the game in general looks so, so good from having fixed camera angles and how tightly it loads graphics (using Dolphin freelook to see what's loaded, it reminds me of PSX Crash, very much, particularly in Goo Factory). I don't often see muddiness in these textures, the art is incredible and for a Wii game (nevermind the one with NFC toys) the technical prowess is amazing.

On official hardware the FPS sucks but the resolution turns out surprisingly good on TV but everything that needs to shine through still does strongly but whatever.

Playing on Dolphin, you only see texture issues often if you zoom in, which A) you are obviously never meant to do smilie is unpleasant to play with (because the camera tries moving as usual) anyway. The textures of course aren't super HD, but the camera disguises all of their faults and the visuals were very clearly designed around that. Due to the nature of the camera, my attempt at a higher-px texture... made no striking difference in real gameplay.

So it seems worthless to just go for a complete HD texture pack given the effort that making it would require. I guess there are only select textures that would noticeably benefit from a remaster. Unless it's just because I am a 1080p pleb. Or didn't really finish the texture. Or the character textures are already some of the most detailed.

If there were a complete HD texture pack it's probably one of those things where it'd be hard to go back, but the textures in this game are crazy-detailed so that would require tremendous effort to do properly and there's really no demand or scene for it.

Even beyond that, the naming of the texture files is a huge ****ing mess. Mere file management is annoying.
(This may be normal for Dolphin texture dumps, but the point stands.)

I'd love to see it just to see how it looks and how far it can go, I'd love to just explore the world with sharper textures, and there are some designs that could pop more, but it feels like I'm literally the only one who would work on retexturing this game. I have plans for fun retexturings/recolors, but I honestly don't even think I'll distribute them.

If you want to see this game "remastered" in a sense, your best bet genuinely is Dolphin. The visuals hold up incredibly well, honestly. Sadly, bloom effects are emulated inaccurately and ghost when resolution is increased beyond the native output. So someone should make a fix for that. Then if you want to boost it, try to hook in ReShade (although nobody has done this with Skylanders to my knowledge, it should be possible), remaster certain textures, and of course run at higher res and FPS with anti-aliasing and such.

Though unfortunately, the most dated visual aspects (besides certain pieces of shading) are in a few extremely dated models and especially some animations that jitter or such. These have no easy fix I know of. But they aren't awful imo and personally don't bother me at all. I will mention them though.

I weep for how this game got such a terrible HD port. Even gameplaywise. But visually. Look at Quicksilver Vault, it's insultingly bad. It demonstrates many of the issues across the port such as muddied color and deafening VFX. Worse bits of GUI and general flow. Many flourishes missing, all the food is drumsticks, ridiculous amount of gloss. SCREEN TEARING. I believe it's only 720p as well. It's still above-average looking because the original product is so fine though honestly. But as a HD port, it's so ****ing awful.

Alas. T'is why I decry the HD versions as the worse ones.

didnt the jap wiiu version already have high res textures in hd? or was it just a port from the pc version??
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:24:45 11/08/2019 by CountMoneyBone
#15 Posted: 11:23:05 17/03/2020
its now 2020 and still no answer?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Umbriel42 Blue Sparx Gems: 549
#16 Posted: 14:52:04 05/08/2020
I had not played this first Skylanders game until a few weeks ago. It was the last one I bought after the other 5 main games. For some reason I thought it wouldn't be very good, but I'm happy I was wrong about that! smilie
First I got the Wii version really cheap and played it in Wii mode on my Wii U, was lots of fun but the graphics does look a bit dated on a modern TV.
So this week I managed to get the Xbox 360 version, and I don't know exactly what was done between the two versions, but it sure looks a lot better!
The Wii version says EDTV/HDTV which means 480p at best, the Xbox 360 says HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p. My TV reports it's getting a 1080p signal, but I can't say if it's upscaled from 720p or not, but at least it is a lot better than the Wii version! It would be nice if it was playable on a Xbox one and even better if it was Xbox one X enhanced, but I guess right now the 360 version is the best playable out of the box version.
cartoon11 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#17 Posted: 10:36:47 10/08/2020
In some levels you notice that they don't feel right on X360/PS3 but on Wii they are fine.
So it is clear this game was made for Wii.

If you want to do all hero quests on your Skylanders you better do some on Wii as there they are easier.
(especially the ones that are missing in Giants and some with spiders that are buggy in Giants on WiiU)

But I agree that the first two games should be taken into the bc program to be playable on X1 and soon on XSX.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me