Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Youtube is hurting content creators once again
Page 1 of 1
Youtube is hurting content creators once again
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#1 Posted: 13:26:51 13/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Specifically LGBT videos. Recently a large percentage of Anti-LGBT commercials have been playing on LGBT videos.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#2 Posted: 13:33:24 13/06/2018
not to mention the video is instantly demonetized if it contains any words regarding LGBT people
but youtube has always been screwing over creators, it’s nothing new
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#3 Posted: 13:56:21 13/06/2018
Alright, I'm challenging whoever made this decision to a SSB Ultimate battle.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#4 Posted: 14:31:01 13/06/2018
Quote: StormDragon21

But the person who decided this probably doesn’t know how to play.
...nice
---
Soon.
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#5 Posted: 14:44:50 13/06/2018
Could you elaborate? I thought YouTube was very gay-friendly.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#6 Posted: 14:52:59 13/06/2018
Someone actually tested this out. "Transgender" in the title automatically demonitizes your video. So inclusive and with the times, huh YT.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#7 Posted: 14:53:35 13/06/2018
Quote: AestheticDragon
Could you elaborate? I thought YouTube was very gay-friendly.

here you go
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#8 Posted: 15:21:08 13/06/2018
idk about you but im positive they don't do this on purpose lol
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:21:19 13/06/2018 by Thunderdragon14
#9 Posted: 15:27:12 13/06/2018
Quote: Thunderdragon14

im not sure about the ads but they control demonetization, so when it comes to monetizing LGBT videos on their site, its 100% them
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#10 Posted: 15:29:24 13/06/2018
while I am supporter of glorious capitalism, this is why you can’t trust corporations with rainbow avatars on twitter.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#11 Posted: 15:37:30 13/06/2018
Quote: Vespi

im not sure about the ads but they control demonetization, so when it comes to monetizing LGBT videos on their site, its 100% them

the article says youtube uses machine learning. im assuming so many lgbt videos were flagged that the system learned to instantly demonetize them. it's not like a youtube meeting took place where they devised a plan to end lgbt activity on youtube. no that's stupid. a lot of people nowadays are pro-lgbt, and a big company like google looking anti-lgbt will make them lose community fast. why would they want that? they want people to speak out against it so they can fix it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:38:38 13/06/2018 by Thunderdragon14
#12 Posted: 15:39:30 13/06/2018

the article says youtube uses machine learning. im assuming so many lgbt videos were flagged that the system learned to instantly demonetize them. it's not like a youtube meeting took place where they devised a plan to end lgbt activity on youtube. no that's stupid. a lot of people nowadays are pro-lgbt, and a big company like google looking anti-lgbt will make them lose community fast. why would they want that?

but it’s been a full year since the machine started. I’m not a robotics person, but I’m fairly sure you can fix it in that time.
---
#13 Posted: 15:43:31 13/06/2018
Quote: parisruelz12

the article says youtube uses machine learning. im assuming so many lgbt videos were flagged that the system learned to instantly demonetize them. it's not like a youtube meeting took place where they devised a plan to end lgbt activity on youtube. no that's stupid. a lot of people nowadays are pro-lgbt, and a big company like google looking anti-lgbt will make them lose community fast. why would they want that?

but it’s been a full year since the machine started. I’m not a robotics person, but I’m fairly sure you can fix it in that time.

im no expert either but if you think about it, youtube is massive. billions and billions of videos are on that site. and their staff is only so big. sure thousands of employees sounds like a lot, but when hundreds of hours of content are uploaded every day and there are many many issues and bugs they have to address, it might be hard to break apart the algorithm and find exactly where it's going wrong. but i don't know either. maybe they are lazy, but they aren't doing it on purpose.
---
#14 Posted: 15:44:38 13/06/2018

the article says youtube uses machine learning. im assuming so many lgbt videos were flagged that the system learned to instantly demonetize them. it's not like a youtube meeting took place where they devised a plan to end lgbt activity on youtube. no that's stupid. a lot of people nowadays are pro-lgbt, and a big company like google looking anti-lgbt will make them lose community fast. why would they want that? they want people to speak out against it so they can fix it.

yes, but that very same system flags the words "transgender" or "gay" as NSFW content, and deems them as something that should be restricted, even if the content is aimed at minors who look to the platform for help
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:54:40 13/06/2018 by Vespi
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#15 Posted: 15:45:38 13/06/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: StormDragon21

But the person who decided this probably doesn’t know how to play.
...nice

alright let's go i'll fight
#16 Posted: 15:53:44 13/06/2018

yes, but that very same system flags the words "transgender" or "gay" as NSFW content, and deems them as something that should be restricted, evin if the content is aimed at minors who look to the platform for help

Yeah and why wouldn’t you have a team dedicated to fixing the machine? I understand that there’s a lot to go through, but it doesn’t make any logical sense as to why no one has fixed it.
---
#17 Posted: 15:55:17 13/06/2018

yes, but that very same system flags the words "transgender" or "gay" as NSFW content, and deems them as something that should be restricted, evin if the content is aimed at minors who look to the platform for help

Yeah and why wouldn’t you have a team dedicated to fixing the machine? I understand that there’s a lot to go through, but it doesn’t make any logical sense as to why no one has fixed it.

i think u meant to reply to thunderdragon lol
or maybe im being dumb
#18 Posted: 16:08:41 13/06/2018

i think u meant to reply to thunderdragon lol
or maybe im being dumb

yeah I did. I’m on mobile, so the site is shiet right now. Sorry ^^’
---
#19 Posted: 16:08:52 13/06/2018
despite what people may think google is not a big evil corporation. it may sound hard to believe that they arent purposely attacking lgbt videos during pride month (which they celebrated). yes they should fix it, youtube's system is definitely ****ed up and broken, but a lot of time, trial & error goes into coding something to not act stupid. maybe their priorities aren't in order. but it is easier said than done. people need to stop demonizing youtube as this terrible website that wants to censor its users (that they make money off of). demonetizing people's videos and trying to get them to quit is the last thing they want lol
---
#20 Posted: 16:47:25 13/06/2018
Actually, considerint all their takedowns of educational channels or anything involving firearms(not that I'm into that but apparently just channels about safe use), I'm not sure how true that is. It seems they gladly would watch "problem"(read "News outlet wrongly reported them once and made us look bad") channels go away so they can focus on their bigger names who are immune to these practices even if they do horrible **** all the time.
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#21 Posted: 17:23:43 13/06/2018
I may be completely missing the point right now because I'm super tired ... but why does YouTube censor LGTB+ content in the first place? I heard that they're flagging anything containing that content as explicit. Um ... why?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#22 Posted: 18:59:09 13/06/2018
despite what people may think google is not a big evil corporation. it may sound hard to believe that they arent purposely attacking lgbt videos during pride month (which they celebrated). yes they should fix it, youtube's system is definitely ****ed up and broken, but a lot of time, trial & error goes into coding something to not act stupid. maybe their priorities aren't in order. but it is easier said than done. people need to stop demonizing youtube as this terrible website that wants to censor its users (that they make money off of). demonetizing people's videos and trying to get them to quit is the last thing they want lol

we arent calling google evil or anything, chill out lol
we're calling out that youtube, a division of google, is doing ****ty stuff, we have no beef with google
its no secret that youtube is trying to censor its users, they want to maximize profit for them, regardless of how ****ty their sources are, while bringing down smaller or "problematic" channels

Quote: Bifrost
Actually, considerint all their takedowns of educational channels or anything involving firearms(not that I'm into that but apparently just channels about safe use), I'm not sure how true that is. It seems they gladly would watch "problem"(read "News outlet wrongly reported them once and made us look bad") channels go away so they can focus on their bigger names who are immune to these practices even if they do horrible **** all the time.

exactly
#23 Posted: 19:27:13 13/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
I may be completely missing the point right now because I'm super tired ... but why does YouTube censor LGTB+ content in the first place? I heard that they're flagging anything containing that content as explicit. Um ... why?

Idk for sure, but if it's considered NSFW then maybe for "sexualization"
Whatever the reason, it's wrong.
(Note talking about videos that are not purposely sexual in nature)
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#24 Posted: 20:24:00 13/06/2018
Quote: Bolt

Because Youtube's system is actually overall garbage and no one really seems to want to fix it. Like some people's more actually explicit stuff I.E. more sexual things that probably shouldn't be on the platform to begin with, are pretty much monetized, while people trying to be positive and educate people on LGBT stuff or is actually LGBT themselves are being demonetized.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
DirtPrincess Green Sparx Gems: 276
#25 Posted: 20:52:21 13/06/2018
lol yeah youtube celebrated pride month for the $$$$. Someone publicly supporting LGBT+ means absolutely nothing, especially if they're being accused of hurting the same people they're benefiting from.

It's not an accident they demonetize things that have to do with transgender individuals, and it's not a mistake. The general opinion on trans people is that they are nsfw or it's not something kids should be exposed to. They want these people off of Youtube, they want gun owners off of Youtube, of course they do. Content that doesn't pull in the extremely ad friendly 10mil+ views isn't content they want on their platform.
---
Change my mind - Taylor Swift
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10045
#26 Posted: 00:20:38 14/06/2018
*whispers* homophobia
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#27 Posted: 01:44:48 14/06/2018
Quote: C1nder
*whispers* homophobia

Homophobia doesn't exist
Homophobia is just and excuse for being a p****

(Not attacking you, just saying)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10045
#28 Posted: 03:45:11 14/06/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
*whispers* homophobia

Homophobia doesn't exist

i honestly dont even know what to say to this
#29 Posted: 04:17:49 14/06/2018
*whispers* homophobia

Homophobia doesn't exist

[User Posted Image]

---------
---
#30 Posted: 04:34:35 14/06/2018
*whispers* homophobia

This.
---
I draw stuff.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#31 Posted: 10:57:08 14/06/2018
*whispers* homophobia

Homophobia doesn't exist

[User Posted Image]

---------

I hope you didn't take this in the direction that I hate gay people, I don't. I'm just saying people who say they are afraid of homosexuals aren't actually afraid of them, they're just doing that to be pricks
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#32 Posted: 11:10:02 14/06/2018
That's also wrong. It's not uncommon to have people who act like they constantly have to "fight the gay agenda" because they're in the closet themselves but want to repress it any way they can. Usually for religious motivations or just thinking gay guys aren't true men.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#33 Posted: 12:54:52 14/06/2018
It's crap like this that makes me pray that something better will come around and destroy YouTube just as Facebook destroyed MySpace.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#34 Posted: 14:24:11 14/06/2018
*whispers* homophobia

Homophobia doesn't exist

[User Posted Image]
------
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#35 Posted: 16:01:06 14/06/2018 | Topic Creator
The really sad thing is, there internal hate among the community.
Even a youtuber who gave transgender people a spotlight on her channel for a little while, is severely transphobic herself along with her subscribers.

Also the biphobia, I may not be bi (Except for some FE characters, but that's more "Together because of war and we need more soldiers so let's make an OP baby together and you seem alright" I dont have FE Husbandos outside of Awakening and Fates. ) but biphobia seriously needs to stop.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:04:44 14/06/2018 by KrystalLBX
#36 Posted: 19:40:11 14/06/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX
Also the biphobia [...] biphobia seriously needs to stop.

Thank you.
I could complain for paragraphs and paragraphs ... but instead I should just leave it.
---
I draw stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me