darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy gameplay from E3 2018
Page 1 of 1
Spyro Reignited Trilogy gameplay from E3 2018
pennyman Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#1 Posted: 18:05:03 12/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Hey Portal Masters and Spyromaniacs -- got some Spyro Reignited Trilogy gameplay to share from a private media hands-on demo showing two levels Toasty and Tree Tops. I'll try to respond to any questions about my experience with the game (even if it was limited) - hope you enjoy!

-Rob
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 18:33:38 12/06/2018
How well did the game control?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3 Posted: 19:46:40 12/06/2018
Should we expect anymore major news today?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
spyrofangreek Emerald Sparx Gems: 3097
#4 Posted: 19:56:11 12/06/2018
that's so beautiful moment from the moment where i saw the first gameplay of spyro trilogy demo
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 21:17:06 12/06/2018
How was the camera?
Did it feel at the right distance and was it smooth and responsive enough?

Do you by chance have any idea if an active mode for it will still be in the remakes?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#6 Posted: 19:02:25 13/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote:
How well did the game control?

The controls were good / I played on the Xbox One... It was nice having the thumbsticks to move around the camera. One button jumped on a tap, if you held it you could drift/fly. Another button for fire, another for charge and the fourth button you tap would jump into a first-person camera view so you can look around the environment at stuff. Probably the only thing that stood out as 'strange' to me so far was the sound of his FIRE which didn't sound all that exciting or maybe I'm just used to hearing Spyro's fire blasts from Skylanders smilie

Quote:
Should we expect anymore major news today?

I think mostly having a couple of playable levels of the Spyro Reignited Trilogy was the 'news' of E3 2018. It was nice to hear Tom Kenny's rendition and how he's made himself sound so young again with the voice acting.

Quote:
that's so beautiful moment from the moment where i saw the first gameplay of spyro trilogy demo

Activision had a nice booth in the entrance to E3 with fake rocks and a giant Spyro art piece with about 8 demo stations setup - always a line of people who still have love for the classics!

Quote:
How was the camera?
Did it feel at the right distance and was it smooth and responsive enough?
Do you by chance have any idea if an active mode for it will still be in the remakes?

The camera was pretty smooth -- sometimes it moved and reset when I wasnt expecting it to so that took a few minutes to get used to and also a few times I pushed the button to go into first person mode when I thought I was resetting the camera view so hopefully that is fine-tuned a bit for the finished game assuming I was playing an early build. The distance was ok for my taste - the height felt a little lower than I would expect but I don't remember if that matches the original game as it has been years since I played on the PS1 - no info on active mode given to me.

-Rob
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#7 Posted: 19:07:51 13/06/2018
Did anyone ask if you can adjust camera controls? Like, I like my camera where up is up and down and down and want to know if that's what I can use in the game.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#8 Posted: 01:53:23 14/06/2018
Thanks for the answers, Rob!

It’s funny you felt like the camera was a bit low, since I had the opposite impression, but I’m glad the overall experience was fine.
The camera adjusting iself when not moved for too long sound just what an improved active option would offer, and since they recently confirmed old trigger controls to be back I sure hope the same for the two modes.

This new camera also made me realize how tiny Spyro truly is compared to enemies and structures, and I know it’s not a matter of messed up proportions because I looked up for gameplays of the original and you could notice the same when really close to something.
It was just a matter of “distorted” perspectives.

Thanks again for your time, have a great E3! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#9 Posted: 05:41:53 14/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Did anyone ask if you can adjust camera controls? Like, I like my camera where up is up and down and down and want to know if that's what I can use in the game.

Yes - I asked about the camera controls. On the E3 demo it was default but the developers told me on the final version I would be able to invert the Y axis (which is my preference)...... also speaking of controls and this may be a bit of a scoop but I asked if they would allow you to switch over to 'legacy' controls using the shoulder pads to control the cameras and they were sorta vague with the answer but it seemed like this would be a possible - probably still finalizing that sorta stuff on the game.
-Rob
#10 Posted: 09:04:52 14/06/2018
Quote: pennyman
Quote:

Yes - I asked about the camera controls. On the E3 demo it was default but the developers told me on the final version I would be able to invert the Y axis (which is my preference)...... also speaking of controls and this may be a bit of a scoop but I asked if they would allow you to switch over to 'legacy' controls using the shoulder pads to control the cameras and they were sorta vague with the answer but it seemed like this would be a possible - probably still finalizing that sorta stuff on the game.
-Rob

Oh yeah, they confirmed in an interview that you will indeed be able to use shoulder buttons to control the camera.
Don’t know why they were a bit vague with you, perhaps you asked it to someone who wasn’t actually sure if it was possible or not.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#11 Posted: 11:22:03 14/06/2018
I don't understand why people want to control the camera with shoulder buttons. smilie
I prefer the modern way.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#12 Posted: 11:52:29 14/06/2018
I think I barly used them thanks to the active mode, but they were probably the best way to control the camera back then and long-time players probably got used to them.
I remember having a really hard time adapting to analogs, but now I would never go back to the d-pad.

I’m personally hoping active camera returns but it’s hard to tell if it’s already there due to how free the movement is this time.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#13 Posted: 14:09:32 14/06/2018
I think using the shoulder buttons to turn the camera would be easier, especially if you want to charge and turn the camera at the same time.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#14 Posted: 15:29:11 14/06/2018
It looks so smooth smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me