Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Darkness Takeover, a Darkspyro Tale from 2014
Page 1 of 1
Darkness Takeover, a Darkspyro Tale from 2014
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#1 Posted: 16:22:27 07/06/2018 | Topic Creator
The Darkness Takeover, also known as the Kid Icarus Takeover or Darkness Army Takeover, was a Stuff and Nonsense trend starting on June 5, 2014.

Origin story
It began on a topic called "Palutena fans rise!" by user Windumup. It highlighted her new avatar change to Palutena from Kid Icarus. In it, she claimed she wanted to "stop the Hatsune Mike fanboi army" as well as pretending to be Palutena, ordering "Pit", another Kid Icarus character, to clean the bathtub. It quickly caught the attention of Kid Icarus fans like Dyno-Mite and ShadowMewX, who responded to the topic in turn as other Kid Icarus characters, Dyno-Mite pretending at first to be Pit and then Hades as well as ShadowMewX claiming she was Dark Pit. They changed their avatars to reflect their new roles, ShadowMewX's sparking attention since she'd never changed her avatar. The mass number of comments from the three spurned the creation of other Kid Icarus-related topics such as "Palutena wants to be in smash" and "Call to Complete Takeover of darkSpyro!" Knowing user prextail202 was a Kid Icarus fan, Windumup make several topics calling her out to play the part of Pit, but with no success.

Since the three were technically role-playing their characters, who were all in-game rivals, it became apparent that character arguments would occur, as nobody would break character. So Windumup created a topic called "Army of Light Recruiting," hoping she could amass a group of users and characters to oppose "Dark Pit" and "Hades". ShadowMewX responded in turn by creating a topic called "Army of Darkness Recruiting," claiming that "light is overrated" and saying "we have cookies." The topic was much more popular than its light counterpart, gaining Dyno-Mite on its side, despite their characters being rivals, as well as other users. Prextail202 soon made her appearance, planning to join the light side as Ike from Fire Emblem instead of Pit, much to the dismay of Dyno-Mite, Windumup and ShadowMewX. Unfortunately now, the Darkness Army had expanded, and Windumup admitted defeat on the light side. She switched her avatar to a fan-made "Dark Palutena", and joined the Darkness Army. Windumup also claimed that unless the two armies joined together, something terrible would happen the next day, which happened to be DarkSpyro's 10th year anniversary. By now, the Darkness Army, mostly ShadowMewX and Dyno-Mite, were claiming that they would take over DarkSpyro with the Darkness Army's power.

The next day, prextail202 attempted to reassemble the light army, which very few users joined. She changed her avatar to Toon Link from Legend of Zelda instead of Ike. NINJAsk11 soon noticed the topics and became Pit for a short while. She switched over to the Darkness Army, surprisingly, and then changed her avatar to Dark Toon Link and became prextail202's rival. The two fought, role-play style, in the Light Army topic.

Meanwhile, in the other topics, EyeBrawler2014 made his appearance. He wanted both sides to live in peace, but was ignored. He wanted to talk it out at first, but soon switched to "hiring missionaries".

Trend
The trend exploded with the creation of the Darkness and Light Army topics. Other people began making their own armies. "Army of Colors Recruiting" appeared first, followed by others such as "Army of Straight Recruiting," "Army of Gay Recruiting," and "Army of Trend Recruiting." They gained a handful of users each.

A notable one was created by hardcoreignitor called "darkSpyro Defenders Recruiting." It claimed it was the group to resist the taint of Kid Icarus, with hardcoreignitor saying Kid Icarus sucked. ShadowMewX and NINJAsk11, both friends with hardcoreignitor, were baffled at how he could mock something they both enjoyed. It didn't get nearly as popular as the other armie

More
ShadowMewX created fanart of the Darkness Army.

NINJAsk created a role-play based off the event, called "Where Light and Dark will meet..." She stayed true to several facts, such as acknowledging ShadowMewX as the leader of the Darkness Army and prextail202 as the leader of the Light Army.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#2 Posted: 19:31:48 07/06/2018
Yep, that’s my 100% totally objective 2014 reporting of the event right there, heh heh...

7.8/10 too much darkness. (Would totally do it again though... smilie)
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3 Posted: 19:57:49 07/06/2018
And then HIHD became the biggest Kid Icarus Fan here.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#4 Posted: 21:59:44 07/06/2018
Can i be added in a 2018 one?
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#5 Posted: 22:05:36 07/06/2018
Quote: Pokemon2

no because we arent doing this **** again
#6 Posted: 23:24:01 07/06/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
And then HIHD became the biggest Kid Icarus Fan here.

Nope.
---
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#7 Posted: 03:49:05 08/06/2018
Quote: ShadowMewX
Yep, that’s my 100% totally objective 2014 reporting of the event right there, heh heh...

7.8/10 too much darkness. (Would totally do it again though... smilie)

Too much darkness? Impossible!
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#8 Posted: 04:13:55 08/06/2018
Why aren't I in it?
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#9 Posted: 04:32:09 08/06/2018
DARKNESS SECURITY BREACH IN SECTOR 22
ALL LIGHT AGENTS REPORT TO SECTOR 22 IMMEDIATELY
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#10 Posted: 23:41:40 08/06/2018
Quote: Skyhunter
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Ah, Skyhunter, my mortal enemy...
---
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11288
#11 Posted: 01:19:33 09/06/2018
X3what we have here? I am only darkness here. smilie
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#12 Posted: 02:04:05 09/06/2018
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

So, we meet again, Shadmé. Thought you'd rid yourself of me, did you?
---
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#13 Posted: 03:02:31 09/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Vespi

Why not?

2018 is the return of the Army threads
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#14 Posted: 05:24:18 09/06/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX
Quote: Vespi

Why not?

2018 is the return of the Army threads

because it was annoying as **** the first time and it’s going to be so again
stop trying to make it happen
it wont happen
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#15 Posted: 05:37:29 09/06/2018
I'm getting war flashbacks now of my own influence to the forums reading this whole thing...

I can't tell if those were good or bad times, it showed my youth but I think those were also somewhat weird times.
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
#16 Posted: 13:42:31 12/06/2018
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Yes, actually, I thought I had. Everyone knows that darkness is stronger than light, especially on a place called DARKspyro!
---
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#17 Posted: 14:36:17 12/06/2018
The Mustard Empire is on your side this time. Troops from throughout the galaxy will assist your cause and provide you with all the condiments and funding you need.
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
#18 Posted: 15:24:39 12/06/2018
I've noticed a strange phenomenon in this battle, where users are reverting to the avatars they once used during the first battles. I will spend more time documenting this.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#19 Posted: 15:45:24 12/06/2018

Yes, actually, I thought I had. Everyone knows that darkness is stronger than light, especially on a place called DARKspyro!

Ha! You say that as if it proves a point! While you were off partying, I studied the memes. Now you stand before the most powerful man you will ever witness.

(Also, just to clarify for anyone that might be confused, we don't actually hate each other, this is just part of the act)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:48:46 12/06/2018 by Skyhunter
#20 Posted: 09:32:07 06/07/2018
Darkness troops also Incoming here. smilie here your darkness troops,Shadme. X3

-
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
#21 Posted: 14:25:04 06/07/2018

Ha! You say that as if it proves a point! While you were off partying, I studied the memes. Now you stand before the most powerful man you will ever witness.

(Also, just to clarify for anyone that might be confused, we don't actually hate each other, this is just part of the act)

Hah! While you were off reading memes, I was studying the blade, the bow, the staff, the club, the claws, the cannon, the palm, the arm, and the orbitars! Now I am even more unstoppable than you!

And don't even think about trying to pull me to your team. I am the storm's fury! I am the chilling wind, I am the lightning flash! I am on none other team but myself!

(I love doing this)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:44:02 07/07/2018 by StormDragon21
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#22 Posted: 18:08:53 06/07/2018
I dont think this event was anything major oof
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#23 Posted: 23:15:20 11/07/2018
Just let me know when my army is needed, Shadme, and we will be there.
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
#24 Posted: 03:15:08 12/07/2018
I hoping darkness need ally. smilie
---
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#25 Posted: 06:28:38 12/07/2018
and then jaggedstar topped herself
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#26 Posted: 09:31:19 12/07/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar
and then jaggedstar topped herself

maybe
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me