darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Voice Actors - Likelihood of Returning
Page 1 of 1
Voice Actors - Likelihood of Returning
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#1 Posted: 16:27:57 06/06/2018 | Topic Creator
So I thought this might be a fun topic to talk about. This has been on my mind recently, so I thought I'd go through the major voice actors from the trilogy and judge the likeliness of them coming back for Reignited.

CONFIRMED VOICE ACTORS:

Tom Kenny (Spyro the Dragon in Spyro 2/3, Sgt. Byrd, The Professor, and MANY more).
Richard Tatum (Agent 9, says he will voice more characters in Reignited).
Gregg Berger (Hunter, Ripto, Gulp, Crush, Breezebuilders).

Now let's go through the major voice actors for each game and I'll give my percentage of how I think they'll come back.

SPYRO THE DRAGON (1998):

Carlos Alazraqui (Spyro the Dragon in Spyro 1, dragons) - Now we know Tom Kenny is going to voice Spyro throughout the trilogy, but Carlos was pretty active with Activision in relation to Skylanders. So while he may not be voicing Spyro, there's a good chance he'll be back for Reignited in some role. Also was pushing Spyro when Reignited was rumored. - 75%
Clancy Brown (dragons) - Clancy is a 50/50 IMO. He did SpongeBob with Activision, but for whatever reason did not do N. Sane Trilogy. - 40-50%
Michael Gough (Gnasty Gnorc, dragons) - Michael has done work with Activision in the Call of Duty series, so I could see him coming back for Reignited - 75%
Jamie Alcroft (dragons) - Jamie is really hard to predict. He's still active with video games, but does nothing with Activision. - 20%
Michael Connor (dragons) - Highly unlikely. Hasn't done anything since 1999. <5%

SPYRO 2: RIPTO'S RAGE! (1999):

Melissa Disney (Elora, Greta, many others) Melissa again is hard to judge. She's still active, but hasn't done anything with Activision. - 15%
Milton James (Moneybags, others) - Milton is still active, and I think his chances are higher than people expect due to something else that occurred. - 30%
Mary Linda Phillips (Zoe, others) - Unlikely. Hasn't done anything video game related since Ripto's Rage. - 5%
Marcelo Tubert (Colossus Monks, others) - Hard to say. Still does video games from time to time, but nothing with Activision. - 10%

SPYRO: YEAR OF THE DRAGON (2000):

André Sogiluzzo (Sparx, Bartholomew, others) - Highly likely. Has done work for Activision with Skylanders, and has retweeted people who asked him if he's coming back for Reignited. - 90%
Neil Ross (Moneybags, Bentley, others) - Has stated that he hasn't been contacted by Activision, which is why my percentage was higher than I initially thought for Milton. - 0%
Carolyn Lawrence (Zoe, Elora, others) - Likely. Has done work for Activision in their SpongeBob games. - 80%
Edita Brychta (Shiela) - Hard to judge. Could go either way honestly. - 50%
Pamela Hayden (Bianca) - Again, hard to judge. Hasn't done a video game since 2008's Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, but is still active. - 45%
Flo Di Re (The Sorceress, others) - Unlikely IMO. Hasn't done anything since 2014. - 10%

What do you guys think?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 17:04:19 06/06/2018 by JCW555
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2 Posted: 16:45:39 06/06/2018
What did Clancy Brown do in Skylanders? I don't remember hearing him ever.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#3 Posted: 16:46:36 06/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
What did Clancy Brown do in Skylanders? I don't remember hearing him ever.

****. Mixed up SpongeBob and Skylanders. Will fix.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#4 Posted: 18:06:00 06/06/2018
I can't see Clancy Brown and Pamela Hayden reprising their roles because they're probably paid much more to voicing characters in Spongebob and Simpsons respectively. I know Clancy was in Detroit: Become Human but that's a AAA Sony game, not a mid-tier third-party platformer.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#5 Posted: 18:23:54 06/06/2018
Quote: StevemacQ
I can't see Clancy Brown and Pamela Hayden reprising their roles because they're probably paid much more to voicing characters in Spongebob and Simpsons respectively. I know Clancy was in Detroit: Become Human but that's a AAA Sony game, not a mid-tier third-party platformer.

"triple AAA"

no way that trash is triple AAA
iWander Green Sparx Gems: 121
#6 Posted: 14:57:12 10/06/2018
Clancy Brown left the Crash series after Nitro Kart because he and Universal had some sort of dispute. I think it was about pay, but I'm not sure.
---
gimme puncake!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#7 Posted: 17:42:40 10/06/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: iWander
Clancy Brown left the Crash series after Nitro Kart because he and Universal had some sort of dispute. I think it was about pay, but I'm not sure.

He still occasionally works with Activision, however.

Maybe he's doing some work in the Reignited Trilogy? Hmmm? *twists* smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Mouse Red Sparx Gems: 68
#8 Posted: 09:07:12 26/08/2018
Just watched the remastered 'faun, you dork!' scene and that is not Melissa Disney lol. I wonder who the VAs are?
---
This swamp smells so sweet
The springtime trees are fragrant
I'm off to kick butt
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me