darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Insomniac Have Debunked the Long Rumored "Spring Homeworld" in Spyro 2
Page 1 of 1
Insomniac Have Debunked the Long Rumored "Spring Homeworld" in Spyro 2
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#1 Posted: 22:20:43 23/04/2018 | Topic Creator
https://clips.twitch.tv/Savage...t_medium=create

So if you still have the slim hope of that happening in Reignited, nope.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 22:46:56 23/04/2018
Oh, well.
Great to know someone else is taking care of that, then. smilie

We might still see cut enemies and challenges, if there were any.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 23:35:06 23/04/2018
It's really weird that it was never even planned, but what are you going to do. If it was actually conceptualized at some point it could've had a slim chance of being in Reignited, but now it really means it's never happening.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 00:26:56 24/04/2018
Don’t know, I think it might have at least been considered at some point during the early stages.
Ripto’s robot pterodactyl, Autumn Plains having two more levels than Summer Forest and Winter Tundra having two less, the fact Glimmer and Hurricos are the only unpaired levels and the fact Talismans stop after the second Homeworld all make me think something big was left out in some form.

Plus there’s this developer mentioning plans for a Spring Homeworld, you can see people discussing it in these comments (even though the post is about being able to swim in the first game):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro...as_supposed_to/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#5 Posted: 03:36:47 24/04/2018
Maybe they'll still put a spring home in anyway?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#6 Posted: 09:36:47 24/04/2018
If it happens, I imagine it'll be a level, not a hub world and it'll be DLC.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#7 Posted: 14:03:04 24/04/2018
I feel like someone said this before, but they could just replace Dragon Shores with said spring world and I would have no hard feelings.
#8 Posted: 14:15:19 24/04/2018
Eeeh, I wouldn’t be a fan of such a big change.
Spyro talks about going there at the beginning of the game, so it kinda feels like a reward for him to finally reach it as a bonus level.

They could make Dragon Shores part of the Spring Homeworld, similarly to how you first explore Glimmer to reach Summer Forest (which always felt more Spring-ish to me anyway, but that’s another story) but I honestly can’t see them removing the level entirely.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#9 Posted: 14:17:46 24/04/2018
It really surprised me how bad people want a Spring Homeworld. Like, wow.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#10 Posted: 14:22:55 24/04/2018
I don't even want a Spring homeworld specifically, I was just thinking of a development reason for TFB to add more content. More content is great.
---
#11 Posted: 14:46:21 24/04/2018
Pretty much.
A Spring Homeworld seemed like the most logical thing to add, at least until yesterday.

With that seemingly out of question, Machinists and Aquifier’s Worlds looking more and more like content removed or changed for artistic reasons and Dino Mines’ arena being basically just another Agent 9 challenge I wonder if TfB could have some scrapped content to use as a proper DLC.

I mean, I still think new levels would be the best kind of extra content to add especially considering how excited people were about Stormy Ascent.
Skins and bonus modes just wouldn’t do it for me.
I’d gladly pay for more original levels, if anything!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:37:06 02/05/2018 by Drek95
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#12 Posted: 17:35:14 24/04/2018
Well, here's your Spring Homeworld, a very good fan made level, I must say:

I doubt they'll add new levels/HUB
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 18:07:50 24/04/2018
A new level is always possible since they can reuse assets and change the shader(hubs I doubt it), but there's no "excuse" to do it now. Unless they do something to introduce Machinists and Aquifiers, and even if they have their profiles and stuff, it's so early in development it's too unlikely.
---
#14 Posted: 18:28:42 24/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
A new level is always possible since they can reuse assets and change the shader(hubs I doubt it), but there's no "excuse" to do it now. Unless they do something to introduce Machinists and Aquifiers, and even if they have their profiles and stuff, it's so early in development it's too unlikely.

Yeah, I highly highly doubt we're getting any new levels. Unlike with Crash and Stormy Ascent, that was pretty much complete. The Machinists and Aquifers worlds were probably cut so early on that TFB would have nothing to base it off of.
---
#15 Posted: 18:31:48 24/04/2018
I could maaaybe see a level being expanded to add something silly(like, a very generic example, Dragon Shores now has an island with TFB written on it and some enemies), but this isn't AHT or ETD where there are tons of empty space; also tons of purists ready to complain that they added extra 3 minutes of exploration.

I'd just really like more content, but if it's not possible and it conflicts with the original vision, not gonna complain as long as the complete package is still good.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:33:06 24/04/2018 by Bifrost
#16 Posted: 18:36:24 24/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
I could maaaybe see a level being expanded to add something silly(like, a very generic example, Dragon Shores now has an island with TFB written on it and some enemies), but this isn't AHT or ETD where there are tons of empty space; also tons of purists ready to complain that they added extra 3 minutes of exploration.

I'd just really like more content, but if it's not possible and it conflicts with the original vision, not gonna complain as long as the complete package is still good.

If there's any level that could go through the most change, it'd be Midnight Mountain IMO.
---
Gengar Guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#17 Posted: 11:54:21 27/04/2018
I like when remade games have features that went unused in the original, so I'm personally hoping that they add the spring homeworld as DLC anyways.

Like with Stormy Ascent in N. Sane Trilogy.
DESPITE HOW MUCH WE ALL HATED IT
---
I always come back. Discord: .spectrespecs
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:55:07 27/04/2018 by Gengar Guy
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#18 Posted: 02:24:08 03/05/2018
I know it makes sense to have a spring homeworld because of the seasons, but when people speculated that Sunrise Spring was the 'leftovers' I guess of that idea, I always thought that was wrong because it meant spring as in the water source not season? I'd love a spring homeworld and never knew if Insomniac had said they'd do one, but I never understood the homeworld in YoTD to mean the season.
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#19 Posted: 14:38:08 03/05/2018
It honestly surprises me that the Spring Homeworld wasn't actually a thing. Autumn Plains has a LOT of levels as well as two speedways, so it always appeared as though a bunch of content was shoved into it because they needed to scrap some sort of hub. That being said, even before the revelation of this I never thought that they would add it in the Reignited Trilogy. Unlike Crash, which has many unfinished (and one finished!) levels that can be accessed via hacking, Spyro doesn't really have any of the sort. Toys For Bob seems to be putting a lot of extra thought and care into the remake, but I still can't see them creating a whole new level from scratch for it. Maybe now that they know it wasn't going to be a thing though, they could save the idea for a whole new Classic-style Spyro game instead.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me