Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Ask Me
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1 Posted: 15:07:27 20/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Now it's my turn.

This is the last time I'm ever making an AMA. Make em count.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 15:42:51 20/04/2018
What joke/video/etc. has made you laugh the hardest ever?
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#3 Posted: 15:48:08 20/04/2018
What's your credit card number?
Shibaru Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#4 Posted: 16:05:54 20/04/2018
Did I name myself after my OC, Asdra or did I name him after myself?
---
G3MINI, Biggest bubbleton on Mixer.
Hi Lindsey. - Taylor Swift
Asdra#7043 on Discord
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 16:10:15 20/04/2018
what do you think of illuminations buisness tactics?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#6 Posted: 16:46:02 20/04/2018
Are you really planning to resign at the end of the month?
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#7 Posted: 19:44:08 20/04/2018
How has your life been?
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#8 Posted: 23:36:35 20/04/2018
How are you and college my dude?
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#9 Posted: 03:00:41 22/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd
What joke/video/etc. has made you laugh the hardest ever?

Not sure I can remember an all-time one, but this vine still gets me til today.

Quote: Metallo
What's your credit card number?

Credit cards don't use cell phones.

Quote: Shibaru
Did I name myself after my OC, Asdra or did I name him after myself?

You named yourself after a South Korean toaster brand.

Quote: parisruelz12
what do you think of illuminations buisness tactics?

Do you mean their low budget films and reuse of assets?

I don't necessarily mind it too much. Disney/Pixar budgets are often so high because they also have active R&D teams working on new simulations and software upgrades to create bleeding edge visuals. Illumination meanwhile simply uses what currently exists and makes a movie out of it, which of course isn't of any harm, especially when the films are still with $70 mil budgets (pretty high when compared to films in general). How much of that budget is being used on the animation and how much is used to pay for their celebrity VAs is a question I'd like to know.

My issue with Illumination is that their movies are so average. The Lego Movie has a small budget at $60 million and yet is one of the best animated films we've seen this decade. Illumination's issue is that they don't seem to really try to craft exceptional stories or humor, instead opting for lowest common denominator storytelling and humor to earn a profit. It's unfortunate, since their movies (namely Secret Life of Pets) look rather good, but aren't anything more than generic popcorn fare.

To me, the worst business practice I've heard from an animation studio is Nitrogen Studios animators reportedly not being paid overtime in poor working conditions while making Sausage Party, and then being blacklisted from the entire industry when they tried to voice their complaints. The movie looks on par with Sony Animation or Illumination, and yet has a budget on par with Norm of the North. That's a sign that someone wasn't paid.

Quote: Carmelita Fox
Are you really planning to resign at the end of the month?

I don't plan on resigning at the end of the month.

Quote: wanderist
How has your life been?

Very busy and like a roller coaster. Trying to deal with certain issues and not doing fantastic at it, but I've never been more productive.

Quote: Trix Master 100
How are you and college my dude?

I'm kinda done with this college and how difficult they make it to film a movie, even despite having a film major. It's almost killed my film and now my AD is trying to revive it without breaking my bank from renting a location.
Gengar Guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#10 Posted: 03:23:31 22/04/2018
As I as going to St. Ive's, I met a man with 7 wives. Each wife had 7 sacks. Each sack had 7 cats. Each cat had 7 kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, wives, how many are going to St. Ive's?
---
I always come back. Discord: .spectrespecs
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#11 Posted: 03:28:38 22/04/2018
Dunno that I ever saw the update, but how did that Miku model you were working on some time ago turn out? Anything new and interesting you've made since?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#12 Posted: 03:29:59 22/04/2018
outside of infinity war, what films are you most looking forward to?
#13 Posted: 04:31:54 22/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gengar Guy
As I as going to St. Ive's, I met a man with 7 wives. Each wife had 7 sacks. Each sack had 7 cats. Each cat had 7 kittens. Kittens, cats, sacks, wives, how many are going to St. Ive's?

None. Only you are going to St. Ive's.

Quote: Seiki
Dunno that I ever saw the update, but how did that Miku model you were working on some time ago turn out? Anything new and interesting you've made since?

The face was an abomination but I was happy with the clothing. I've since moved to Autodesk Maya and I've practiced characters there instead. One image I have is something I'm actually happy with but also looks something out of a horror movie because she's missing eyeballs, so have this grab from Maya instead.

Quote: Vespi
outside of infinity war, what films are you most looking forward to?

If we're talking 2018:
Incredibles 2
Ant Man and the Wasp
Christopher Robin
Super Wreck-it Ralph
Alita: Battle Angel (if only to see how it comes out)
Mary Queen of Scots

2019:
Lego Movie 2
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
Captain Marvel
Avengers 4
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Shazam!
Detective Pikachu
Minecraft (I need to see how this looks)
Bond 25
Episode IX

2020 and beyond:
Mulan
Fast and Furious 9
Godzilla vs Kong
All of the Avatar sequels
#14 Posted: 04:58:54 22/04/2018
Quote: CAV
Quote: Seiki

The face was an abomination but I was happy with the clothing. I've since moved to Autodesk Maya and I've practiced characters there instead. One image I have is something I'm actually happy with but also looks something out of a horror movie because she's missing eyeballs, so have this grab from Maya instead.

Hmm, something seems a bit funky with your camera settings with that grain going on. Models look very nice though. Rather liking the chair.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#15 Posted: 05:26:00 22/04/2018 | Topic Creator
The grain is merely a result of needing to reduce several settings so it wouldn't take 30+ minutes to render it out. It was needed as part of a portfolio piece.
#16 Posted: 05:36:16 22/04/2018
Quote: CAV
The grain is merely a result of needing to reduce several settings so it wouldn't take 30+ minutes to render it out. It was needed as part of a portfolio piece.

Sounds about right, lol
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me