Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Film Struck 4: Spyro Forum Edition
Page 1 of 1
Film Struck 4: Spyro Forum Edition
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1 Posted: 01:19:19 19/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I saw this trending on Twitter and I thought it’d be fun to list 4 movies that have made the biggest impact on you and why.

1) The Lego Movie: How can something so clearly corporate turn out to be one of the most original, most funny and most heartfelt animated movies I’ve ever seen? Simple, get talented as hell writers and create a style of animation so beautiful it makes your eyes water with joy. This movie proves that any idea can be a good one with a lot of effort and passion. I find new jokes to laugh at every time I watch it. It’s one of the greats!

2) Watchmen: This one is a bit more controversial, and I definitely might change my mind if I ever get around to finishing the comic, but for now I love everything about Watchmen. It’s dark as **** and brings up so many interesting themes in general. I love the character of Rorschach. He’s a perfect deconstruction of the Batman archetype that doesn’t feel hamfisted at all. Again, maybe the book handles everything better, but as someone who is extremely new to this story, it was a pleasant treat to sit through... I mean, as pleasant as Watchmen is.

3) Kill Bill Volume 1: Some might say that Volume 2 is the better film, so why specifically do I think the first half is so impactful on my life? Because shut up that’s why! This film stands so well on its own that even after being treated to so much of the full context in the sequel, I still think that I’ll come back to the first more often. The fights are so awesome and ridiculous! The cinematography is beautiful and totally reminiscent of those weird, cheesy kung fu movie, and I enjoy every second the main character is on screen. You know me. I love some big dumb violence, and this perfectly matches that description.

4) Sharkboy and Lava Girl: Now... I can explain. This movie is ****ing terrible, but goddamn did I not watch the **** out of it as a kid. I was so enthralled by the world and the fact that “one kid” made it all up in his head. I’m not going to say it inspired me to create or anything, but it made the gears start turning a little. I laugh and joke about this movie for a lot of valid reasons, but **** if it doesn’t make me smile occasionally thinking about it.

Honorable mentions go to Spongebob the Movie, Ghostbusters and The Last Jedi.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:50 19/04/2018 by TheToyNerd
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#2 Posted: 03:33:46 19/04/2018
1) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
I saw this movie when I was ~10. It set a precedent for the type of live action movies I enjoy the most: surreal enticing visuals and scenes that often leave the viewer with more questions than answers.

2) Back to the Future
I can't quite explain why I enjoy this movie so much. Though I figured it should be on here. I did go to a drive-in marathon on Oct 21, 2015 for it after all. Also, I uploaded many, many clips of the game on YouTube.

3) Caligula
It's an experience.

that's all i can think of at the moment
LittleLordie Blue Sparx Gems: 876
#3 Posted: 03:47:29 19/04/2018
1) Star Wars: Episode V
I used to watch this every single weekend at my grandparents house and I just have so many good memories of it.
2) Dumbo
Dumbo was my favorite movie as a kid and it’s such a surreal experience in my opinion.
3) Dinosaur
I’m in love with dinosaurs and I used to love this movie, probably just for the dinosaurs but whatever.
4) Jurassic Park
Not as good as the book, but still a great movie.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#4 Posted: 03:59:45 19/04/2018
1) Guardians of the Galaxy
2) Lilo and Stitch
3) The Iron Giant
4) Star Trek (2009)

I'll add some justifications later.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:00:26 19/04/2018 by Vespi
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me