Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I can't upload a profile pic
TruthRevealer Green Sparx Gems: 182
#1 Posted: 05:55:41 17/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I tried to upload a picture for my profile image, but my web browser always gives me a dropped connection error. The picture is within the stated limits, and it's not in a secure folder. It's also just a png file. There isn't an error if I hit the submit button without trying to upload the picture. Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?
---
As Spock would say, Your answer is illogical.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:42:45 17/04/2018 by TruthRevealer
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#2 Posted: 08:39:55 17/04/2018
what web browser are you using, please? :-)

and you're making certain that the dimensions and the file size limit are lower than the maximum, also?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#3 Posted: 11:22:28 17/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I'm using Safari 11.1 on MacOS Sierra, and yes the picture is within both the maximum dimensions and file size.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:29:16 17/04/2018 by TruthRevealer
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#4 Posted: 22:44:48 17/04/2018
ah, okay. try using either IE or even better chrome to upload the picture and see if it does the same thing. this will happen to me every once in a while, but with IE, when uploading avatars and pictures, so I just switch over to a different browser for a second.

try it, and let me know, and we can see if it's the browser or the image or darkSpyro. :-)
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#5 Posted: 01:45:01 19/04/2018 | Topic Creator
The other browsers yielded the same results. Any other ideas?
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#6 Posted: 17:13:45 20/04/2018
Here's an odd tip but maybe it might work - have you tried adding an avatar from the default gallery first? I had this issue on an entirely different forum but it worked once I replaced a default avatar.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#7 Posted: 23:58:25 20/04/2018 | Topic Creator
That didn't work either. Just for reference, the picture is 99x99 and 39KB. All it is is a picture of the light element symbol from Skylanders. And as I said in the initial post, it's a .png file, so it's not like it's a fancy format. There must be some way to use the picture.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me