Page 1 of 1
Speedrunning Will Be Different
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#1 Posted: 04:46:12 09/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Okay, so as much as I really like the OG Spyro games, I gotta say this right now: speedrunning in the entire Reignited trilogy will not be like speedrunning in the original trilogy. I can say, however, that adjusting to the 1st game in the Reignited iteration will take the least adjusting to, considering there's so little to do outside of the basic platforming mechanics Spyro has started for.

However, there's a lot that will be different with Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon. First of all, physics for all three games will be different, but it may seem they will be consistent with each other in this package, unlike the physics for the original three games, which all had slight variants. Maybe Reignited will still try to respect those variants as best as possible, but I just feel like the physics may be a bit more consistent with regards to the jumps and gliding. Idk

But what will DEFINITELY change is the methods the speedrunners use their exploits to complete their runs, ESPECIALLY in the 2nd and 3rd games in this Reignited trilogy. Like I said, however, there doesn't seem like much will need to be changed with regards to how the speedrunners play Spyro The Dragon 1, but there's more than just charging and gliding in Spyro 2 and Spyro 3. In those games, you literally have *minigames,* and as much as I LOVE the swimming, there isn't really that many cool things you can do with that mechanic without literally knowing how to perform every swim in the air glitch in almost every level that has water of any kind. There may not even be a way to perform the glitch in the some of said levels, too, due to the background environment terrain being much more fleshed out and have collision placed on the outer boundaries of the level, too.

Also, the proxies will certainly be different. Some may also be impossible to perform. Idk, but I'm just thinking that speedrunning all 3 games will be very different. I'm not entirely sure if it'll be possible to speedrun in a way that's at least *close* to any of the original ways it's been possible to speedrun in Spyro 2 and 3.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me