darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > I think I know why it isn't coming on Switch very soon ...
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I think I know why it isn't coming on Switch very soon ...
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#51 Posted: 13:16:20 20/07/2018
Quote: Drawdler
I was doubting this until I read the replies 'cause that parent Tweet made it sound like they didn't witness it themselves at all. I'm glad someone actually archived this kind of thing for once and that now we have just as solid of a slip-up about a PC version (I've seen barely any questions about that despite all the Switch demand and hints), though too bad it'll probably be quite a wait if the announcement is this late- I was thinking of jumping on the PS4 version so I could play it at launch, because there's ****ing nothing coming out for the rest of the year with Indivisible being delayed, but I'll keep waiting in this case.
Even if I wanted to support the game (and yeah I don't feel the urge to do that, this game would still sell more than enough if every user on this site boycotted it lmao), I'm not spending twice as much (especially since the game is full-price here) nor supporting the nudge to double-dip by other versions being released later, if that's what's gonna happen. I get why it happened with Crash tho and I can get why the Switch version would have a wait given the technical issues a few ports have had with it, but PC? Oh well. I mean, it's not like all PC ports are free of technical issues either, I just mean it seems easier to get a game running on PC than Switch in the first place and go from there but I digress. I guess I should expect delayed PC ports more often because I know it's not actually that unusual and it doesn't bother me as much as it sounds, but it is a bit disappointing after Crash, even if that was a different case where all multiplat versions were late. And also because there is still. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. For me to play the rest of the year. At least this mighta provided a week of nostalgia. But now, since I know it's probably coming, I'll keep waiting until confirmation one way or the other. (I'd take no announcement by E3 next year as a "no" lol)

I also think, but I'm just spitballing here, the Switch version might be listed twice in relation to a regular edition and a special edition. It'd make sense the PC version wouldn't have that and is only listed once given how it almost definitely wouldn't have a physical version. But if a Switch version does come out after launch, who knows if they'd put in the effort for that, since it doesn't seem to happen usually.

Can anyone think of cases where new target platforms for a AAA game were announced really late but came out on the same day as the originally announced ones, aside from announcing games for new consoles? Is it more common than I think?

The general guess for a Switch and PC release is 6 months after the OG Launch. So, we might see it March/April of 2019 at the latest. Likely before E3.

Unless,we do get that possible announcement this weekend. Supposedly there's more so come in the way of Spyro news.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#52 Posted: 18:12:03 20/07/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Drawdler
I was doubting this until I read the replies 'cause that parent Tweet made it sound like they didn't witness it themselves at all. I'm glad someone actually archived this kind of thing for once and that now we have just as solid of a slip-up about a PC version (I've seen barely any questions about that despite all the Switch demand and hints), though too bad it'll probably be quite a wait if the announcement is this late- I was thinking of jumping on the PS4 version so I could play it at launch, because there's ****ing nothing coming out for the rest of the year with Indivisible being delayed, but I'll keep waiting in this case.
Even if I wanted to support the game (and yeah I don't feel the urge to do that, this game would still sell more than enough if every user on this site boycotted it lmao), I'm not spending twice as much (especially since the game is full-price here) nor supporting the nudge to double-dip by other versions being released later, if that's what's gonna happen. I get why it happened with Crash tho and I can get why the Switch version would have a wait given the technical issues a few ports have had with it, but PC? Oh well. I mean, it's not like all PC ports are free of technical issues either, I just mean it seems easier to get a game running on PC than Switch in the first place and go from there but I digress. I guess I should expect delayed PC ports more often because I know it's not actually that unusual and it doesn't bother me as much as it sounds, but it is a bit disappointing after Crash, even if that was a different case where all multiplat versions were late. And also because there is still. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. For me to play the rest of the year. At least this mighta provided a week of nostalgia. But now, since I know it's probably coming, I'll keep waiting until confirmation one way or the other. (I'd take no announcement by E3 next year as a "no" lol)

I also think, but I'm just spitballing here, the Switch version might be listed twice in relation to a regular edition and a special edition. It'd make sense the PC version wouldn't have that and is only listed once given how it almost definitely wouldn't have a physical version. But if a Switch version does come out after launch, who knows if they'd put in the effort for that, since it doesn't seem to happen usually.

Can anyone think of cases where new target platforms for a AAA game were announced really late but came out on the same day as the originally announced ones, aside from announcing games for new consoles? Is it more common than I think?

The general guess for a Switch and PC release is 6 months after the OG Launch. So, we might see it March/April of 2019 at the latest. Likely before E3.

Unless,we do get that possible announcement this weekend. Supposedly there's more so come in the way of Spyro news.

You make a good point, and the fact that the leak was on the OFFICIAL SITE might make this the WORST kept secret in Gaming History.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH9qbqihRdo
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#53 Posted: 18:30:47 20/07/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'm quite confident that the news that we'll be getting this weekend will be Year of The Dragon-related content, if what the tweets that Pez has made are any indication.

A Switch version is definitely going to happen, but I do think that they're focusing on the PS4 and XBO versions now, before they have to put in the extra time to downgrade and optimize for a Switch release and the opposite for a PC release.

Very likely the case, although, I assume soon, close to the end of the production (Late July, anytime in August), since they'll need less staff, they will begin the Switch and PC ports.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#54 Posted: 18:39:24 20/07/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'm quite confident that the news that we'll be getting this weekend will be Year of The Dragon-related content, if what the tweets that Pez has made are any indication.

A Switch version is definitely going to happen, but I do think that they're focusing on the PS4 and XBO versions now, before they have to put in the extra time to downgrade and optimize for a Switch release and the opposite for a PC release.

Very likely the case, although, I assume soon, close to the end of the production (Late July, anytime in August), since they'll need less staff, they will begin the Switch and PC ports.

Right, and let's also take into the fact that Nintendo is keeping their fall launch line-up a secret, but probably Toys for Bob might've spilt the beans a little too soon. smilie
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#55 Posted: 18:53:32 20/07/2018
Like in the video HiHD posted in this thread last month, Jordan Fringe (who was one of the few lucky YouTubers who got to play Reingited at E3) interviewed the developers.

Quote: Jordan Fringe
{...} A question was brought up saying, "Now I know you get this question a lot, and have been hearing it everywhere: Why has it not been announced for the Switch, and is it coming to the Nintendo Switch anytime soon?" And the answer that was given was they wanted to make sure that they made the game perfectly first and that it was 100% correct and that everyone is happy with it so they can make a game that everyone enjoys, that they're satisfied with, that all of us are satsified with, before they work on the Switch version of it - or the PC version of it - they just want to make sure it's fantastic and 100% the product that you deserve as a fan of Spyro.

Additionally, while I can't remember where I saw it (so take this with a grain of salt if you will), people who looked into the website's code when the Switch option was available and saw that both links specifically refer to the N. Sane Trilogy. Meaning that when they updated the site to add in the Gallery (go take a look, it's a new option but doesn't lead anywhere just yet), they likely just copy and pasted the code from Crash's website and accidentally added that in.

Again, I think Switch and PC versions will definitely happen eventually. Considering how well Crash sold (and still is selling) on the Switch, it would be dumb not to at least try. But porting to both isn't necessarily a clear-cut task, because whereas the PS4 Pro and Xbox One are very similar, powerful consoles, you can't say the same for every PC and absolutely not the Switch. Switch needs to be optimized for both Handheld and Docked mode in a way that ensures both run smoothly, and the PC version needs to be optimized for as large a pool of devices as possible.

Porting is simpler than it used to be in a lot of ways, but that doesn't mean it's easy. While I would be more than happy to double or even triple dip on Reignited for Switch (portability) and PC (mods), I would personally vastly prefer it if they continue to focus on the main version of the game. I understand that it's frustrating to have to wait even longer for those who don't have a PS4 or Xbox One, but what's a few more months when it's to make sure that the base game is as close to perfect as possible?
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#56 Posted: 20:26:36 23/07/2018
Quote: XSparxX
It is because of the Unreal Engine 4.
The Switch has a lot of problems with it. Dragon Quest XI needs also time to come out for Switch because of the UE4.
https://gematsu.com/2018/04/dr...unreal-engine-4

Going back to the beginning of the thread, Fortnite on Nintendo Switch uses Unreal Engine 4 and it runs fine on it. So if Fortnite can run on Switch using Unreal Engine 4, I'm sure Spyro will run beautifully on it too.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me