Page 1 of 1
The potential for paid DLC
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#1 Posted: 03:18:39 08/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I went and played through Enter the Dragonfly earlier, and was amazed to see just how short it was, but also how it tried so hard to emulate the original trilogy and fit in.

Provided the game is good and successfully updates the games, how would people feel if Acti and TfB decide to release the entire game, remade on the same engine and reusing assets as paid DLC for the Reignited Trilogy? Would you be interested in experiencing the game with a lot more polish? Or is it an abomination to the classic legacy?
If not, what sort of paid DLC do you think would be worth it? More remakes? New levels? Cosmetic stuff like costumes?
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#2 Posted: 05:50:47 08/04/2018
enter the dragonfly is my all time favorite spyro game. I would like to see a remastered version of it if possible, but I don't think they would do it, I guess?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3 Posted: 06:51:26 08/04/2018
The only DLC they had for the N.Sane Trilogy was Stormy Ascent, right?
Going by that, the only DLC I can really think of for the Reignited Trilogy is an unfinished level. I doubt they'd offer skins or anything.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#4 Posted: 12:15:06 08/04/2018
If anything, a remastered ETD would be a different game, rather than DLC. Although it would be nice to see ETD remastered in the way it was supposed to be...
---
Bring the Fanta
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#5 Posted: 12:32:04 08/04/2018
the only dlc I see are either avatars and backgrounds. ok.maybe cut music and levels but don't expect anything like skins and cynder
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#6 Posted: 12:33:56 08/04/2018
I don't see ETD being remade or Wrath of Cortex for that matter. Just like with Mortal Kombat X, I can see developers crafting new stories, villains and settings for Crash and Spyro.

DLC could be made free like in Crash or maybe it'll be a season pass. That level seen in the intros of both Spyro 2 and 3 can be used as a hub world with portals leading to DLC levels.

[User Posted Image]

We will likely see a Spring level for Avalar there.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#7 Posted: 12:34:22 08/04/2018
Insomniac had plans for a water dragon clan. Maybe TFB can make it happen and release it as paid DLC.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#8 Posted: 15:53:08 08/04/2018
^Ooo!

I'd like to see aspects of ETD put into a whole new game. Like maybe instead of just dragonflies it's familiars in general, meaning there are different animals that serve as companions to dragons. Maybe Ripto shows up during the ceremony to magically bind the dragons to their familiars and kidnaps them? The reason I like this idea over just dragonflies is because according to the lore of Spyro 1, Spyro and Sparx became friends after Spyro saved Sparx from a bird, not because Sparx was trained and assigned to be with Spyro. Other than that I like the Monestary, Jungle, and cloud levelsand would like to see them incorporated in some form into a new game.

Say, do you think they'll put the origins of Sparx into the Reignited Trilogy?
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#9 Posted: 17:41:03 08/04/2018
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
If anything, a remastered ETD would be a different game, rather than DLC. Although it would be nice to see ETD remastered in the way it was supposed to be...

This.

I did like ETD (never even came close to finishing it though) and would like to see a remastered version of it if they decide this trilogy goes well enough. I would be surprised if they actually did it though.

Quote: StevemacQ
I don't see ETD being remade or Wrath of Cortex for that matter. Just like with Mortal Kombat X, I can see developers crafting new stories, villains and settings for Crash and Spyro.

DLC could be made free like in Crash or maybe it'll be a season pass. That level seen in the intros of both Spyro 2 and 3 can be used as a hub world with portals leading to DLC levels.

[User Posted Image]

We will likely see a Spring level for Avalar there.

I would approve of this as well.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#10 Posted: 18:29:25 08/04/2018
Hmm, I'd just want a new game honestly. I don't want the franchise just to get remake, after remake. I kinda want Enter the Dragonfly to be forgotten about in all honesty. Only good things about that game was Stewart Copeland's music, and Tom Kenny voicing Spyro. (most of the original voice actors were there)

There are way too many bad things about the game that I just don't like at all, like most of the levels are bland, just wide open areas with nothing going on in them, there are a couple of levels that are interesting like Thieves' Den, and Jurassic Jungle, but for the most part, they're bad. Cloud 9 was just a mess with the same platforms and buildings everywhere.

And what would be the point of remaking a game with only 9 levels, they would need to make brand new ones anyway, and by that point, they may aswell just make a new game.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#11 Posted: 18:31:45 08/04/2018
I'd be totally down for seeing both ETD and AHT remade with the Ignited Trilogy models. The former could really use the extra polish while the latter would benefit from the added visual consistency with the rest of the games.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#12 Posted: 19:03:22 08/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

And what would be the point of remaking a game with only 9 levels, they would need to make brand new ones anyway, and by that point, they may aswell just make a new game.

Its short length is why I proposed the idea of making it as paid DLC. It's not one or two levels, so it shouldn't be free like Stormy Ascent was, but it's not long enough to get its own remake or be part of another remake trilogy. 1 hub world and 10 levels is just a nice generous DLC package size, without being extortionate or unrealistic, I think.

I see everyone's point about the game being barren, but I don't think some retooling to the sizes of the open spaces in some areas is out of the question. Like shortening the stretch of nothing between the farm hub and the pond for example.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#13 Posted: 19:26:25 08/04/2018
I really don't see this game getting DLC. Spyro doesn't really have a Stormy Ascent (i.e. something that was pretty much fully complete and cut from the game very late), if I remember correctly. It'd be asking a lot more of Toys for Bob to go and try to make something entirely from scratch, or from whatever trivia/notes they could scrap together from Insomniac Games.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#14 Posted: 19:57:14 08/04/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
I'd be totally down for seeing both ETD and AHT remade with the Ignited Trilogy models. The former could really use the extra polish while the latter would benefit from the added visual consistency with the rest of the games.

No :/ Why should they remake each Spyro game? They should develop after Reignited Trilogy an whole new Spyro experience.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#15 Posted: 20:12:11 08/04/2018
Yeah, I'm thinking after this Trilogy they should just start making completely new games. The series kinda went downhill after YotD, and it would get a bit monotonous if they started remaking every single Spyro game.

(Still wants to see them come up with a Cynder story for the Classic world.)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#16 Posted: 20:18:43 08/04/2018
The Spyro Reignited Trilogy really is just a way for Spyro to come back, and once (hopefully) it sells, then that gives the series a mark on the map, and it's a starting point for new games to come. That's what I reckon.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:09 08/04/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#17 Posted: 20:28:54 08/04/2018
Quote: Bolt
Yeah, I'm thinking after this Trilogy they should just start making completely new games. The series kinda went downhill after YotD, and it would get a bit monotonous if they started remaking every single Spyro game.

(Still wants to see them come up with a Cynder story for the Classic world.)

Agree!

Especially not ETD which almost killed the whole franchise. It would be like if Sega remade Sonic 06. smilie
ETD and TLOS has too bad reputation, it would be a mistake if they remade not so popular games.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#18 Posted: 20:34:12 08/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Personally, the only other Spyro game that I think that they should remake is AHT. (Or, at least, it's the only one that I think deserves it)

But, that said, I think we should get a new Spyro game or two after the Reignited Trilogy first, before we think about getting another remake.

I don't want any other remakes of Spyro after this trilogy.
Same goes for Crash, although Team Racing is understandable since it's a different genre, and is arguably the best Crash racer.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:34:41 08/04/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
#19 Posted: 20:42:27 08/04/2018
I mean, that's fair as that's your opinion, but I personally wouldn't mind as long as they don't go crazy about it, and we get a new game or two in-between.

Like I said, AHT is the only Spyro game that I feel deserves a remake if they were to remake another one, and with Crash the only ones I think need a remake are CTR and TwinSanity.
(The latter of which arguably deserves a remake a lot more than AHT, due to all the cut content and glitches)

Okay, but I don't really see much point in AHT getting remade in all honesty. From a business stand point, the main reason for the PS1 Spyro games to be remade again, is to put Spyro on the map. And I'm pretty sure the developer would probably want to start putting out their own content and ideas, they're kind of already doing that with this remake, like adding in windmills in Blowhard, and adding an actual atmosphere in Beast Makers.

AHT isn't all that popular, in reality, it's quite under-rated, so can't imagine they would want to remake that either.
---
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#20 Posted: 22:51:12 08/04/2018
As much as I'd love to see AHT remade, I think I'd prefer an entirely new Spyro game instead.

But if they did remake AHT, then they definitely need to sot out Blink's levels
---
Bring the Fanta
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#21 Posted: 23:33:23 08/04/2018
i would prefer new content after the remakes, as much as i would love an aht remaster.

i would buy an AHT ps4 port though
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#22 Posted: 23:34:45 08/04/2018
I would be funny if you payed 1 cent and you think your gonna get this stupid ****

And then you get a remake of Spyro:Enter the Dragonfly except it's complete and actually good.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#23 Posted: 23:37:40 08/04/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
I would be funny if you payed 1 cent and you think your gonna get this stupid ****

And then you get a remake of Spyro:Enter the Dragonfly except it's complete and actually good.

lol its impossible to only pay one cent on PSN UNLESS u already have money in ur account
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#24 Posted: 06:59:26 09/04/2018
face it, everyone knows that deep down in your heart of hearts enter the dragonfly is everyone's favorite game. it just is.

lol, seriously, though. if the games do good, they're going to make a new game entirely. not even slightly doubting that. we might acknowledge ETD and AHT, but I doubt we'll ever get remakes. not because they're bad, or because they're "not popularrrr" but because activision likes money, and because they stand to make much more of it by making a brand new game.

now, this is activision, so we shouldn't expect a game coming out like the first three after this. wouldn't be surprised if we get something entirely new and different again, lol.

same for crash.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#25 Posted: 11:52:40 09/04/2018
Tbh I'd actually prefer it if they gave it another go at continuing after the trilogy/making a true Spyro 4. I know that means ETD and AHT are basically rebooted, but I don't think they were that popular or even well-known and were seen as pretty bad games by a lot of people. I used to adore AHT back in the day and it was my favourite Spyro game, but after looking back on it I can see why people don't like it. This isn't as easy for Crash though because Twinsanity was pretty known and loved by the community so I'd hate for that game to get the boot. ;~;

ETD was originally meant to have taken on after YOTD's hinting of Ripto and Gnasty teaming up, but failed to do so. So maybe the game could actually be based on that?

The fact that a Spyro 4 is even getting discussed honestly feels very 'is this the real life or is this fantasy???'. Was not expecting this after Skylanders became a thing.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 12:16:49 09/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#26 Posted: 18:43:04 10/04/2018
I believe remasters are at their best when they're used for great games that deserved better. Enter the Dragonfly, as I've said numerous times on this forum, is one of those games. The developers knew how to make a good Spyro game, but due to the lack of time and experience had made the game woefully undercooked. It's a perfect example of how a budding developer's project was - in my opinion - ruined entirely by its publisher, because it could've been the best Spyro fan-like I've ever seen. I'd have zero complaints about the current things I take issue with the Reignited trilogy being in an EtD remaster.

But it's way too early to tell. If there is to be future DLC, I'd love to see the things that were never added to the game, even if they were just concepts, becoming reality.
#27 Posted: 05:07:23 11/04/2018
Quote: Johnbonne
I believe remasters are at their best when they're used for great games that deserved better. Enter the Dragonfly, as I've said numerous times on this forum, is one of those games. The developers knew how to make a good Spyro game, but due to the lack of time and experience had made the game woefully undercooked. It's a perfect example of how a budding developer's project was - in my opinion - ruined entirely by its publisher, because it could've been the best Spyro fan-like I've ever seen. I'd have zero complaints about the current things I take issue with the Reignited trilogy being in an EtD remaster.

But it's way too early to tell. If there is to be future DLC, I'd love to see the things that were never added to the game, even if they were just concepts, becoming reality.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I like your points...! like, just in general, but I love Enter the Dragonfly, so yes...!
---
#28 Posted: 12:45:40 11/04/2018
One good thing I loved about ETD was the music. Some of the music like Cloud 9 is honestly some of the best Ive heard when compared to the classic trilogy. Id love the music to not be wasted tbh.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:46:10 11/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#29 Posted: 13:15:42 11/04/2018
That was still Copeland, so of course the songs are still very memorable. Except for the final boss theme,which is remembered for other--- GRR GRRR GRRR
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#30 Posted: 18:54:40 11/04/2018
Yeah, the music is good because Copeland made it. That final boss theme was... something, though. Almost as if he got tired at that point and started banging his head on his keyboard.

I wonder if something corrupted while saving and he left it in, because the first part of the song is perfectly fine.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#31 Posted: 03:46:20 12/04/2018
Oh yeah I know it was copeland lol. I wish he could return somehow ;o;

yeah that boss theme was interesting. Which is funny because I love the first minute of it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:56:53 12/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#32 Posted: 04:35:58 12/04/2018
Depending on the DLC and how expensive it is I'll buy it no problem! I'm planning on getting Stormy Ascent when I get the N. Sane Trilogy soon.
#33 Posted: 07:40:46 12/04/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
One good thing I loved about ETD was the music. Some of the music like Cloud 9 is honestly some of the best Ive heard when compared to the classic trilogy. Id love the music to not be wasted tbh.

Yeah, the music is good because Copeland made it. That final boss theme was... something, though. Almost as if he got tired at that point and started banging his head on his keyboard.

the music was absolutely beautiful, and easily it was the best of his work to me. on the spyro games.

as a dedicated Stewart Copeland fangirl, I know he has said that he loved all 4 of the games that he worked out, and loved working on the music for all of them, including Enter the Dragonfly. he's a super creative guy and likes to try out... strange things. as a musician I get the feeling... all of the time, lol.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me