Page 1 of 1
Look at Sparx in this one pic
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#1 Posted: 01:24:55 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

I didn't realize they redesigned him too. He looks a lot more monstrous, for want of a better term, with those big clawed legs.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2 Posted: 01:32:56 06/04/2018
It's less them trying to make him look "Monstrous", as them more trying to draw from Real Life-

[User Posted Image]

-And then cartoonify it again.

In retrospect, they probably ultimately did such a big redesign to help make him pop out more then he would if he were a stick with wings with the remastered environments, since he's your health and all.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 01:44:57 06/04/2018
Wait a second, why does he have blue toes? Hopefully that's just a texture glitching out.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#4 Posted: 01:51:01 06/04/2018
iunno i dont love the new sparx tbh, but at least we'll get that extra hit boiiiis
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#5 Posted: 02:25:54 06/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Wait a second, why does he have blue toes? Hopefully that's just a texture glitching out.

Sparx has Raynaud's disease, please try to be more considerate
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#6 Posted: 02:43:32 06/04/2018
he looks terrifying to put it lightly. i'm not the biggest fan of him at all, but...! if worse comes to worse, I will just ignore him, lol. I might get used to him, though.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#7 Posted: 04:01:40 06/04/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
he looks terrifying to put it lightly. i'm not the biggest fan of him at all, but...! if worse comes to worse, I will just ignore him, lol. I might get used to him, though.

Just get hit 3 times and you never have to see him. And if Spyro bothers you, just get hit once more and he'll be gone too!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#8 Posted: 04:15:47 06/04/2018
I think I might be the only one who really likes him. I love insects, and it's great to see a more realistic take on Sparx. X3
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#9 Posted: 04:54:30 06/04/2018
Quote: Bolt
I think I might be the only one who really likes him. I love insects, and it's great to see a more realistic take on Sparx. X3

I think it's the face for me more than anything else. his eyes are more derpy now, well, they were before, but they were more on top of his head than now...? the rest doesn't bother me as much as the face! XD
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#10 Posted: 05:11:22 06/04/2018
hes actually grown on me quite a bit! this morning i didnt like him, but now I think he's pretty cute :3
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#11 Posted: 05:33:20 06/04/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
hes actually grown on me quite a bit! this morning i didnt like him, but now I think he's pretty cute :3

you know what I do appreciate is that everyone is being so positive about the whole thing...! the spyro fan base has been pretty bitter for a really long time, so i'm glad that the vast majority of everyone is giving this a good fair chance. not just jumping to HATE everything that's different...! :-)
---
covve Green Sparx Gems: 337
#12 Posted: 05:39:39 06/04/2018
I do like his new design minus his face, he looks a little deranged. I'm sure its the smile(?) that's throwing me off.
Or like he's having a really bad flashback. I think the Skylanders model suffered from a similar issue, the original models of sparx were pretty laughable anyway so I think its an improvement overall.
#13 Posted: 05:56:54 06/04/2018
^ Yeah, I looked at his face again recently and his smile is a little creepy. X'D
Hopefully he's not always smiling like that haha. Do you think the developers would ever look at the models and think they look a little uncanny?

you know what I do appreciate is that everyone is being so positive about the whole thing...! the spyro fan base has been pretty bitter for a really long time, so i'm glad that the vast majority of everyone is giving this a good fair chance. not just jumping to HATE everything that's different...! :-)

Oh, I've heard that other websites aren't being as positive as we are.
I'm glad I'm here and not elsewhere. o.o
---
I draw stuff.
#14 Posted: 06:00:24 06/04/2018
^ Yeah, I looked at his face again recently and his smile is a little creepy. X'D
Hopefully he's not always smiling like that haha. Do you think the developers would ever look at the models and think they look a little uncanny?

oh gosh, really? I thought everyone was digging it. I heard reddit was pretty happy, and I've done the unthinkable and actually read through some youtube comments to my surprise of positivity in there. I hope the haters don't mess it up. >.>

wait guys! it very well could be just me, but where are sparx's antennas? does he not have any...?? I loved his antennas.
---
#15 Posted: 06:04:22 06/04/2018

oh gosh, really? I thought everyone was digging it. I heard reddit was pretty happy, and I've done the unthinkable and actually read through some youtube comments to my surprise of positivity in there. I hope the haters don't mess it up. >.>

wait guys! it very well could be just me, but where are sparx's antennas? does he not have any...?? I loved his antennas.

I've seen some people complain that Spyro wasn't sharp enough, and that it looked too much like a fangame, but I can't say I've seen anything too toxic yet.
They probably removed them because actual dragonflies don't have them, maybe?? Yeah kind of a shame because they did make him look cute
#16 Posted: 06:12:45 06/04/2018
Quote: covve

I've seen some people complain that Spyro wasn't sharp enough, and that it looked too much like a fangame, but I can't say I've seen anything too toxic yet.
They probably removed them because actual dragonflies don't have them, maybe?? Yeah kind of a shame because they did make him look cute

hope it stays that way...! this... would be a really high quality looking fan game, lol.

that would be a weird reason for the antennas, for instance, spyro has thumbs now, dragons aren't usually depicted with thumbs, and we are in a fantasy universe and dragonflies don't smile! XD but, honestly, somehow I do think that you're probably right and that is the reason, lol. yeah, made him really cute. <3
---
#17 Posted: 06:16:52 06/04/2018
I mean, to be perfectly fair, Sparx in the original trilogy never had antennas in-game either. Only in outside render pictures.

[User Posted Image]
---
#18 Posted: 06:21:55 06/04/2018

hope it stays that way...! this... would be a really high quality looking fan game, lol.

that would be a weird reason for the antennas, for instance, spyro has thumbs now, dragons aren't usually depicted with thumbs, and we are in a fantasy universe and dragonflies don't smile! smilie but, honestly, somehow I do think that you're probably right and that is the reason, lol. yeah, made him really cute. <3

Yeah I hope so too, everyone just seems happy to see spyro back again. It honestly reminds me so much of A Hero's Tail, which probably had my favorite style outside of the originals so I'm really digging it.

I think with the other changes they made to make him look more like a dragonfly, it does make sense.

Quote: spyroid101
I mean, to be perfectly fair, Sparx in the original trilogy never had antennas in-game either. Only in outside render pictures.

[User Posted Image]

Oh true! I guess because you don't really see him up close in-game in the original trilogy I just never really noticed!
#19 Posted: 06:26:30 06/04/2018

that would be a weird reason for the antennas, for instance, spyro has thumbs now, dragons aren't usually depicted with thumbs, and we are in a fantasy universe and dragonflies don't smile! XD but, honestly, somehow I do think that you're probably right and that is the reason, lol. yeah, made him really cute. <3

Yeah I hope so too, everyone just seems happy to see spyro back again. It honestly reminds me so much of A Hero's Tail, which probably had my favorite style outside of the originals so I'm really digging it.

I think with the other changes they made to make him look more like a dragonfly, it does make sense.

[User Posted Image]

Oh true! I guess because you don't really see him up close in-game in the original trilogy I just never really noticed!

wow, yeah. I completely forgot about that. alright, fair enough then...! I do like the antennas way more than without, but I can't complain then, because he didn't have them in the first place, lol.
---
#20 Posted: 06:49:45 06/04/2018
Quote:
wow, yeah. I completely forgot about that. alright, fair enough then...! I do like the antennas way more than without, but I can't complain then, because he didn't have them in the first place, lol.

It kind of makes me wonder if they planned to give him antennas in the game, but maybe they couldn't get them to work right, maybe they were too buggy/glitchy. Seems strange that they had him with them in images (but then he also had arms in some of the pics as well so maybe it was just meant to make him look more friendly)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:50:22 06/04/2018 by covve
#21 Posted: 06:54:32 06/04/2018
Quote:

It kind of makes me wonder if they planned to give him antennas in the game, but maybe they couldn't get them to work right, maybe they were too buggy/glitchy. Seems strange that they had him with them in images (but then he also had arms in some of the pics as well so maybe it was just meant to make him look more friendly)

quite possible. I always wondered about the arms, too. hmm, I would have liked to see him with arms, maybe, this time around. well, now he has legs , I guess? X3
---
#22 Posted: 06:58:06 06/04/2018
Quote:
quite possible. I always wondered about the arms, too. hmm, I would have liked to see him with arms, maybe, this time around. well, now he has legs , I guess? X3

His new model actually looks like it kind of has arms? His front legs seem a bit bigger from certain angles, so maybe he'll actually "pick up" gems this time.
[User Posted Image]\
That face is still unnerving though
#23 Posted: 07:06:17 06/04/2018
Quote:

His new model actually looks like it kind of has arms? His front legs seem a bit bigger from certain angles, so maybe he'll actually "pick up" gems this time.
[User Posted Image]\
That face is still unnerving though

now that I look at it, yeah, that could be the case. might be more ike arms. just without his usal white gloves, lol.

and again, yes. that face is just a touch terrifying, lol.
---
#24 Posted: 07:16:38 06/04/2018
Hmmm.... Mmmmaaaaybe it'd look better if his pupils were a tad bigger?

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

(Also drew in some antennae, cuz why not?)
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#25 Posted: 07:19:46 06/04/2018

honestly i feel like the atennae and bigger pupils complete the design more.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#26 Posted: 07:20:11 06/04/2018

The bigger pupils look so much more natural, he looks more cheery and less well... crazed. Simple fix but it makes a lot of difference!
#27 Posted: 07:20:19 06/04/2018

yeeeeeeeees, he is much cuter now, thank you!~ not being sarcastic, the bigger pupils made him look less "in horror of the end." and cutie antennas.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#28 Posted: 08:14:57 06/04/2018
He still looks better as his TLOS counterpart.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#29 Posted: 08:22:24 06/04/2018
Quote: XSparxX
He still looks better as his TLOS counterpart.

Honestly though, that's not too hard to beat
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#30 Posted: 09:11:03 06/04/2018
At first, I wasn't so sure but now, I think I like the new look of the little guy...
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#31 Posted: 14:39:56 06/04/2018
I doubt I'm going to be paying much attention to Sparx so it doesn't bother me all that much. As an NPC for a single lobby I could see the dragonfly people being OK with this model, but I'd prefer a different one. AHT's model is one of my favourites despite the voice, the same with EtD.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#32 Posted: 15:21:42 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
What if they keep the old idle animation where Sparx gets into the camera? Hopefully his face is cuter than it look here.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#33 Posted: 16:42:03 06/04/2018
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
What if they keep the old idle animation where Sparx gets into the camera? Hopefully his face is cuter than it look here.

If they give Sparx facial muscles and animations, I can see that idle animation working really well. If they keep it as is though, it'll be like he's staring into my soul and finding all my secrets out. No, Sparx. Don't go there. That's my Doctor Who fanfiction! NOOOOOOO!

And I have to admit, I absolutely adore that screenshot in the OP. It's so much better than the rest of the game looks imo.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#34 Posted: 17:08:49 06/04/2018
Sparx looks derpy, but I actually kind of like him like that, in a weird way.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#35 Posted: 17:19:37 06/04/2018
His face is a bit weird to me here but other than that I don't think his new design is bad, I'll probably grow to like it. I do think it's better than his DOTD design.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#36 Posted: 01:16:56 07/04/2018
I wonder if Sparx will do this again
[User Posted Image]
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#37 Posted: 03:00:22 07/04/2018
Yeah, people were saying that earlier, haha.
It's be worried if he gave me that crazed stare while doing that. o.o
---
I draw stuff.
#38 Posted: 04:45:03 07/04/2018
Yeah, people were saying that earlier, haha.
It's be worried if he gave me that crazed stare while doing that. o.o

Johnbonne brought up an interesting point that they might give sparx muscles for facial animations. If that's the case then hopefully that one shot was just unfortunate.
Honestly I've already warmed up to it, his face doesn't bother me nearly as much as it did.
Sparx has had worse.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#39 Posted: 13:47:40 07/04/2018
I quite like the design for this Sparx.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
chippums Red Sparx Gems: 41
#40 Posted: 20:42:46 03/05/2018
i am SO SO HAPPY that sparx has actual dragonfly anatomy now

it also gives me hope for hunter ACTUALLY LOOKING LIKE A GOSH DANG CHEETAH this time!

and the professor actually looking like a mole

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i'm so ready for ripto's rage HD teaser screenshots ;a;
---
radioactive suction eel
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#41 Posted: 00:27:08 04/05/2018
Quote: chippums
i am SO SO HAPPY that sparx has actual dragonfly anatomy now

it also gives me hope for hunter ACTUALLY LOOKING LIKE A GOSH DANG CHEETAH this time!

and the professor actually looking like a mole

Well, Hunter DID look more like a cheetah in A Hero's Tail.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#42 Posted: 00:34:29 04/05/2018
[User Posted Image]

Ok, but take a look at THIS picture of Sparx.

I had to dip a toe on twitter comments for this because I'm lazy. Never again.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#43 Posted: 19:05:36 05/05/2018
Is it just me, or does Sparx look less affected by the lighting in that new screenshot than he was before? If so, that is a welcome change; Sparx is a light source himself, not to mention the fact that he's the most important thing on the screen. Some of the other screenshots made me think we had an extra hit-point because of how red he looked.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:55 05/05/2018 by Clank
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me