darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Interviews with the Reignited Trilogy developers team.
Page 1 of 1
Interviews with the Reignited Trilogy developers team.
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#1 Posted: 22:17:32 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
has anyone posted these yet. maybe a topic for it would be a good idea, I guess...

---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 22:22:21 05/04/2018
It's posted in the GD, but it's good here so newcomers notice.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 22:23:40 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
yeah, it's easier to find it I think, if you're looking for it specifically.

and of course to discuss what the devs are saying specifically.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#4 Posted: 22:49:42 05/04/2018
I just realized the bases for the dragons are different. As a nitpick I prefer the old ones. More color and patterns on them to make them stand out. Here they kinda look like slabs of stone.

Also I hope to god that the music in the videos is not the style that we'll hear in the game. It's good don't get me wrong, but not for Spyro.
#5 Posted: 22:53:05 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
I just realized the bases for the dragons are different. As a nitpick I prefer the old ones. More color and patterns on them to make them stand out. Here they kinda look like slabs of stone.

Also I hope to god that the music in the videos is not the style that we'll hear in the game. It's good don't get me wrong, but not for Spyro.

we have the dark hollow's remix theme already, the trailer's music is just stock, luckily, because I completely agree with you.

here it is...

to me, it still lacks what stewart copeland did, though. the bass is not loud enough to me, like his, and the drums are completely different, and not at all the live kind of "loud" sound that he originally intended. it isn't horrible, but I don't think it compares to stewarts. hoping more of the tracks sounds more faithful to the originals.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 23:14:12 05/04/2018
I think, in comparison to the N. Sane Trilogy, the Reignited Trilogy is going to be a much tougher sell in the music department. I think whoever's handling this (probably some in house audio folks from Toys for Bob and/or Vicarious Visions) has an enormous challenge trying to replicate the many different percussion styles Stewart Copeland use. Not to mention the synth that becomes more present in Year of the Dragon's soundtrack, especially in the stuff Ryan Beveridge composed.

My point is that I expect the fandom to be thoroughly divided over the remake's music.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#7 Posted: 23:36:54 05/04/2018
Eeeeh, it's not bad,but I agree the base needs to be pumped way up. Overall it just sounds too light, especially with the little bells starting around 0:34 seconds.
#8 Posted: 23:42:40 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Eeeeh, it's not bad,but I agree the base needs to be pumped way up. Overall it just sounds too light, especially with the little bells starting around 0:34 seconds.

yeah, I agree, obviously. but on the bells, too, it didn't have the same oomph when the song kicks up.

also, for comparison's sake...

the original...

the remastered...

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:18 05/04/2018 by LindseyWednesdy
#9 Posted: 00:08:25 06/04/2018
Play them at the same time!

Overall the original is bouncier, jazzier and more energetic.
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#10 Posted: 04:15:16 07/04/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

yeah, I agree, obviously. but on the bells, too, it didn't have the same oomph when the song kicks up.

the original...

the remastered...

do you think there is a legal reason as to why they're redoing the OST? idk why anyone would want to replace stewart copeland's original soundtrack.
#11 Posted: 06:42:31 07/04/2018
newer dark hollow song is way more ambient. I wanna hear that bass!
#12 Posted: 06:53:41 07/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynder_Rox
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

the original...

the remastered...

do you think there is a legal reason as to why they're redoing the OST? idk why anyone would want to replace stewart copeland's original soundtrack.

I don't think so. music composers always sell the rights to the soundtracks to the company. activision owns the spyro IP so they own the music as well. game companies general just like ****ing with the music, lol.

Quote: Cynder_Rox
newer dark hollow song is way more ambient. I wanna hear that bass!

completely agreed. stewart copelands tracks were original. you can remaster s0ongs without changing the feel. they could make them modern and new sounding, without changing the tone of his tracks.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#13 Posted: 22:14:14 07/04/2018
Doesn't the PS4 have a feature where you could play your own music from, like, a USB drive? If so, you could just overwrite the soundtrack with the originals.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#14 Posted: 05:45:49 08/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Doesn't the PS4 have a feature where you could play your own music from, like, a USB drive? If so, you could just overwrite the soundtrack with the originals.

does it? I don't have a ps4 or any gaming console created beyond the year 2001, lol.

although, that would be nice, it doesn't excuse the developers from doing a good job. because, in theory, I could do this, even if they officially played Lady GaGa tracks in the back the whole time. but they should still be held accountable for playing Lady GaGa in spyro! XD
---
#15 Posted: 07:26:24 08/04/2018
really hope they keep as much of the original soundtrack as possible. just upping the quality of the tracks is all they need
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#16 Posted: 12:46:00 08/04/2018
can they even use the original.soundtrack legally? I'm not an expert on copyright so does anybody else know?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#17 Posted: 12:53:34 08/04/2018
Quote: somePerson
can they even use the original.soundtrack legally? I'm not an expert on copyright so does anybody else know?

I think Copeland said there wasn't a problem sometime ago? They might've just needed his permission to redo the tracks.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#18 Posted: 17:55:22 08/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: somePerson

I think Copeland said there wasn't a problem sometime ago? They might've just needed his permission to redo the tracks.

yes, they have the legal rights to use the soundtrack. most if not all composers (especially back during these times) wrote and sold the music directly to the company with the rights. video game composers or movie and tv for that matter rarely ever hold the rights to their music afterward. they're paid like commissions and then on to the next project. i'm a frelance music composer in my spare time also, so I speak from somewhat experience on top of just knowledge from the industry. ^_^

also, owning the rights to the music just makes sense for a company, otherwise, they wouldn't be able to release the games again, like they did on the PSX store...!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me