Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Top 5 Characters That Describe You
Page 1 of 1
Top 5 Characters That Describe You
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#1 Posted: 20:14:37 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I wanted it to be more serious, so I stuck it here instead of S&N.

But color me intrigued, I want to know what characters you think describe you. I'm not talking about characters that are your favorite (unless your favorite characters do represent you lol), but I'm talking about the ones you relate to, look up to, things of that nature. Then discuss them! How do you relate to them? Is it something in their backstory? How they behave? How they look? Anything at all, as long as you have some detail other than "I like them". Really try to think about yourself and what makes you "you".

Without further adieu, let's start this topic.

1. Corrin, Fire Emblem Fates

Corrin is a character I both relate to and look up to. Growing up, I was very sheltered, to the point where I hadn't even heard of most music, TV shows, or movies until my sophomore year of high school. In can be quite naive in a few things because there's still so much I don't understand about the world or even just society in general. Outside of that, I usually stick by my convictions and I'm loyal to my friends to a T.

2. Sayori, Doki Doki Literature Club

The same way Sayori rationalizes her depression is the same way I did a few years ago. While I've gotten better, I'm still fighting a battle with depression that I'm sometimes afraid I won't win. In addition, I have a nasty habit of trying to hide my emotions from people because I'm afraid I'll burden them or ruin their day. I try to be as positive as possible, but sometimes it can unfortunately just be a facade I have to make sure no one gets too worried about me.

3. Yang Xiao Long, RWBY

When I'm with people I like, I heavily tease my friends and love to loudly joke around with them. Once again, there's a loyalty to the people I love that drives me, especially seeing as I consider it one of my most dominant traits. I can get pretty aggressive and headstrong too, with my anger sometimes significantly getting in the way of my progress.

4. Gwenpool, Marvel Comics
I feel like I'd just be repeating things from my Yang description, but once again, loyalty and joking around. Of all the characters I like, I feel like Gwenpool looks the most like me, with my short blonde hair and (usually) colored tips.

5. Zero Two, Darling in the Franxx
Zero Two is the kind of character that sums me up if you don't know me. I've been told I can be pretty intimidating, and that I have a resting ***** face. There's very little I actually like about myself, and if a situation is bothering me, I'll usually get frustrated or extremely angry before anything else. I also have a major sweet tooth.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#2 Posted: 20:56:52 05/04/2018
1) Chen Stormstout, Warcraft

Chen Stormstout likes three things: drinking, drinking while sitting down and drinking while helping friends out in tough situations. Though I'm not as adventurous or brave as he, I do like how laid back he is and how even in the most dire of situations he can find a solution.... and an opportunity to take a sip from his keg! He's experimental with brews, he's a connoisseur of his craft and he's wise. A true inspiration if ever I needed one!

2) George Stark, The Dark Half by Stephen King

Stark is "not a very nice guy". He's a force of nature, the avatar of chaos, and when he's got his mind on something he wastes no time doing it.... mostly because he's wasting away himself. George Stark is very much like his creator; he has the same vocal pattern, the same fingerprints. He is inseparable besides how he looks. Sometimes one needs to become Stark - not to kill like he does, but to perform a series of tasks to reach a simple end goal. While a little bit of sadism wouldn't go amiss, oftentimes George's animal cunning and instinct are far better suited for painstakingly fulfilling the details before reaching the final part of the task.

3) The Fatebinder, Tyranny

Due to being on "the spectrum", I often see things very plainly and by feigning unawareness of it people might lean more toward my arguments in sympathy or frustration. Sometimes it's good - it helps end disputes; either accept my clearly spoken terms or I'll take all parties' involved's toys away. The Fatebinder and I would get along like a house on fire. Fatebinders are deputies of the law, meant to be as objective as they can. Morality does not come into question - they are true neutral. It doesn't matter what the crime was in our world; if it was illegal or legal in Kyros' lands, it is either unacceptable or acceptable, respectively. My ability to be objective or at least appreciate both sides has helped me end arguments, change minds and - if you don't mind me tooting my own horn - getting me some green text on Blizzard's EU forums!

4) Nurgle, the Warhammer multiverse

Not only am I hugely into disease and decay, but I also like to appreciate the good it does. Ending wars prematurely, allowing resources to flourish, preventing overpopulation and possibly extinction are just some of the joys of a plague! Nurgle is a god of life and death; he brings life in the form of parasites, and death to what are deemed the superior species. Nurgle loves all, and the wails of the suffering are like music - his ignorance of other people's pain and hatred makes me glad I'm not alone in the world, for I'm often too empathetic or in this case, not empathetic enough.
Moreso I identify with the creator(s) of Nurgle - I'm glad there's someone out there who enjoys going into great detail about the horrors of the human body and what happens when you get Madpox on your spleen, or Uguruaul's Fever in Summer.

5) Zan'zil the Outcast, World of Warcraft

Zan'zil reminds me of my childhood; a crazed exile in many walks of life. Children are ignorant of mental illness such as the one I have, but at such an age it's understandable. Even I didn't know what was wrong which has made me resentful, my bitterness at the secrecy welling up for years until I became an adult when I was told rather plainly about it. After denial and rejection I decided to use it to my advantage, learn what I could do well and find others who could use my unique mindset and skills. Turns out there's quite a few people who enjoyed it, and I've a greater appreciation for myself and others. I'm not establishing the former glory of ancient empires after old gods have been slain, but I'm sure I'll get there soon enough.

I also want to learn how to mix my own potions one day.

____

So that's a disturbing insight into me!
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3 Posted: 21:24:41 05/04/2018
Mei(Another)
For some reason, Mei reminds me of the creepy side of me, the side that likes to make up creepy horror stories, or just act kind of creepy(Not like, sexual creepy, but like, mysterious creepy) I always have had that side of me, that kind of comes up when I'm interested in horror-related things. This side doesn't always come out, but when it does, people talk about how I look kind of threatening.

Yuri(Doki Doki Literature Club)
Yuri kind of reminds me of my slight depression, my depression isn't as bad as others, but I have eyed knifes and thought about cutting myself a few times. She also kind represents my creepy side as well, but not as much as Mei is. She also has a love for novels that you can easily be sucked into, which is the same of me. So that's how Yuri represents me.

Deadpool(duh)
Deadpool represents my cocky and lazy side, and just likes to live life on a couch, occasionally wise-cracking. But he's also the side that gets me to work hard, and put in the "maximum effort" as they say it these days. I just enjoy cracking jokes, no matter how bad they are.

I couldn't think of anyone else, for now
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#4 Posted: 23:33:48 05/04/2018
1) Steven Universe(Steven Universe)
I think out of all of these characters, Steven currently fits me the most. So to clarify, I relate a lot more to the Steven we see currently in the show than the Steven at the beginning of his journey. For those of you who haven't been keeping up with the show: Steven has grown to be a lot more mature, more of a leader, passionate to make things right, he's willing to take the blame for someone else, he's much more assertive and wise. There's also a lot of things I relate to that he's had since the beginning: he's kind and compassionate, he loves to make new friends, he likes to go on grand new adventures, and he wants to protect everyone that he loves.

2)Madoka Kaname(Puella Magi: Madoka Magica)
Not only does Madoka fit my aesthetic really well, but she's just as big about hope and love as I am. While she's not as assertive and a leader as Steven is, she pretty much has a lot of the same qualities. I'd say she represents the more submissive side of me - but she's wiling to do what it takes to save everyone. She knows the cost of selling her soul, but she makes sure what she does counts and will benefit everyone, even if it doesn't benefit her. Her sacrifice is something I would honestly do, or at least, attempt to do.

3)Ruby Rose (RWBY)
Ruby represents the more child-like personality I posses. I'm a lot older, have seen a lot of things, and have a lot of wisdom to give, but I still try to be always laughing and happy to make sure others are. Emotions are contagious! She's also very nerdy, and out of all the characters I relate to, I actually think she's the most "nerdy." Steven is nerdy too, but it's like "oh i like this parody of a pop culture reference that my story board artist liked as a kid." Ruby, upon entering her prestigious school, starts having a geek out session about all of the student's weapons and almost gets carried away. Ruby, in front of the infamous headmaster of said school, says that her uncle taught her how to fight and then proceeds karate chop the air to emphasize that.
She is also a leader too! Ruby is actually chosen to lead her team, and eventually fits really nicely into the role. She's beginning to grow as her journey progresses as well, and like Steven, my relate-ability to her increases.

4)Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Tohru Honda was one of those characters that I had always aspired to be. She's hard working, incredibly compassionate to anyone she meets, and a motherly figure. I'm older now, and I think I've accomplished that. I don't relate that well to Tohru though - she's very naive and is willing to take a lot of crap that she honestly should stand up against. I joke that I'm very tolerant, but the conditions she's put under and accepts is like....Tohru honey.....It's part of that whole "romance story" dynamic though, because her suitor is the one who stands up for her. I wouldn't lie if I wished that, but that hasn't happened yet so I have to do it myself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ However, she's on this list because she was the character who inspired me the most to be who I am today.

5)Christine Daae (Phantom of the Opera)
I don't super relate to Christine as well, however, she has a lot of the same qualities as all the other characters I've listed. Compassion, willing to do what it takes (she does panic at first but after some thinking she will go it), and almost very motherly to her friend Meg. I only relate to Christine because we both have a passion for music, and we have a deep love for our fathers (honestly I cry during the song "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again" because it's exactly how I would feel when my dad passes away). Appearance wise, she's also a huge goal. I've been growing out my hair so it could look like hers.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 08:06:16 06/04/2018
Xiao Pai Rune Factory 4

Like me, she's very clumsy and afraid of failure. Underneath her smiles and odd speech pattern lies a girl who is anxious, lonely and a worry wart. Despite this, however, she is not one to give up very easily. For that, I kinda look up to her. I let my anxieties and loneliness get the better of me.

she also likes pandas, so... smilie

Goldie Animal Crossing

She's a doggo who likes to read. In HHD she wants a room that's filled with books and comfortable furniture. From this, I infer that she prefers to be by herself and read a good book. I love reading books, especially on my comfy couch. ^.^
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#6 Posted: 17:02:13 07/04/2018
#1: Izuku "Deku" Midoriya. Originally, I was gonna put him in honorable mentions, but after thinking about it, he and I are a lot alike. We can be shy and get nervous easily, but socially we do well, and people often like us instantly. Both of us are charismatic, I guess? We love helping people and can often put others before ourselves, even for simpler things. We have big dreams that we've desired since kids and we wish to achieve those dreams with all we've got. We're both persistent and we see potential in other people and encourage them give it their all. One thing I want to be more like with him is his determination. Granted, when determined about something, I tend to try/do my best, I just want to be even more so. I also want his muscular build.

#2: Pit. Yeah blah blah blah I look like him and what not, but seriously, he and I have similar optimistic personalities and almost always in a good mood by default. We both joke around a lot and get along with other people easily. Not to mention we're loyal to people we care about and deeply persistent.

#3: Gwenpool. Like Vespi, I have similarities to Gwenpool. We're both out of school (Although I graduated and the reason I'm not in college is financial issues), the oldest of the children and often are thinking up stories of other worlds because...well....life isn't great for us currently (Gwen and me) and more specifically, can be very boring, which results in our imaginations to wander. And despite our inner personal issues, we still now how to smile and don't let it get us down (Mostly).

#4: Steven Universe. I'm very optimistic like Steven and easily can get along with people and typically don't hold them against their flaws. I've also noticed, like Steven, if someone doesn't like me (or similar feelings) and they make it known, I rarely feel the same way and my feeling are typically the opposite of theirs. I tend to feel positively about them regardless of their feelings towards me.

#5 All Might. This one's a bit simpler, but like a handful of other characters in this list, he and I have the same deep sense of optimism. Everyone, no matter where you come from or who you are, you can overcome obstacles, grow as a person and do incredible things. Everyone can Go Beyond Plus Ultra.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:04:40 07/04/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#7 Posted: 22:09:54 09/04/2018
shinji from neon genesis evangelion
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#8 Posted: 04:25:12 12/04/2018
In no order.

Ava from Ava's Demon. Always greatly related to her passive personality yet a lot of inner hate and the struggles she had to face since I had some extreme problems with isolation and other stuff. Also probably has anxiety and hardly any characters tend to have that.

Namine from Kingdom Hearts. Once again relate to her personality and isolation (I'm different in real life compared to who I am online).

Adrien from Miraculous Ladybug. Once again can relate to his isolation and personality. Even the fact that he has a different personality as Chat Noir I can relate to a lot since I tend to suffer from being myself due to anxiety.

Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony. You know the drill, can relate to her personality. Also love for books and the fact that she tends to keep to herself a lot but also loves being with her friends at the same time and learned how good friends can be like me.

Naurto. I highly relate to his past since I had no friends growing up and suffered from a lot of bullying as well as parental problems. However despite that I never became a bad person. It just made me want to prove to others that I'm not a failure. Fastford to now and I have plenty of friends, even best friends, and I hope to get my name out there.

Honorable mentions go to Bee from Bee and Puppycat, Fluttershy from My Little Pony (I used to relate to her more than Twilight since I had a huge issue with social anxiety, but I've come a long way), Gaara from Naruto, Ruby from RWBY (not so much her personality, but I relate to the way she dresses and her innocence), Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket, Sora and Vanitas (the later is if his backstory is canon) from Kingdom Hearts. I legit pretty much relate to innocent and modest characters as well as characters who have a bit of hatred towards the world at the same time, so yeah one extreme to the other extreme.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 8 times - Last edited at 04:32:55 12/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#9 Posted: 18:18:22 13/04/2018
sans undertale. I put little effort into work, am mostly harmless and have an incredibly negative outlook on life.

Oh and puns. Lots of them.
---
Soon.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#10 Posted: 17:43:29 21/04/2018
Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)

I'm similar to Percy Jackson as a character more than any other fictional character I can think of. I pretty much have the exact same fatal flaw that Percy has, in that I'd literally be willing to die to protect my friends or family. I am pretty short-tempered as well, and I have a tendency to feel responsible for almost anything and everything. Most of my sense of humor is just as sarcastic and over-the-top as Percy's. Honestly, the only thing that's different is that I wasn't a troublemaker in school and I don't have the same mental issues that Percy has(dyslexia and ADHD).

Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)

Probably part of why Elizabeth is my favorite fictional character is because of how much I can relate to her. While I am generally pretty mature, especially for my age when I was much younger, I still try to keep a sense of free-will and spirit that Elizabeth similarly has towards the beginning of Bioshock Infinite. Also, without going into any extreme detail, I really relate to the feeling of isolation she endures throughout the game and how inexperienced she is with life and the real world. The real world smacked me in the face just like her, but like her, I still managed to keep that high spirit and admittedly naive view of the world.

Simon (Gurren Lagann)

I pretty much had a lot of the same self-esteem issues that Simon had in the show. Even now there are moments where I can't have any confidence in myself and need someone to help bring me up, similar to Kamina. When I don't have any of those issues though, I'm just as confident as Simon is whenever he manages to do something on his own with his own confidence.

Olive Penderghast (Easy A)

Okay, Emma Stone playing this character may or may not have a HUGE role in this considering how much of an influence Emma Stone has been in my life, but this character is just part of why I adore Easy A so much as one of my favorite movies. She's a character that's trying her hardest to stand out and make some sort of impact in her school, even if it isn't a really positive one. I spent most of my time in high school keeping to myself and wanting to make an impact on the students around me, so I can directly relate to a character like Olive. She's also trying to figure out what kind of person she really is throughout the movie as she goes around with this lie that she's been sleeping with other students. It might be why I love this move so much. I see a decent amount of myself in a character like Olive: Wanting to make an impact and statement, wanting to be noticed by the masses, and wanting to understand what I as a person want to do in situations like this. Also I like to think I'm just as quirky and charming as this character.

Farkle Minkus (Girl Meets World)

Easily the best character in the show, I'm a lot like Farkle in the sense that I care deeply about my education and overachieve, and I have quirks of my own that tend to be kind of over-the-top. I'm pretty ridiculous and I'm well aware of it, but like Farkle, it does get to me personally sometimes how other people will perceive me. I tend to be pretty colorful when I'm around my friends just like Farkle does, and I'm thoughtful enough about people to the point where I want to resolve bad situations to the best of my ability.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:08 21/04/2018 by pankakesparx456
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me