Page 1 of 1
This is why you should pre-order.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#1 Posted: 20:10:00 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Many of us have been crying for more Spyro. Some of us have felt helpless against Spyro being 'trapped' in Skylanders. And even those of us that enjoyed Skylanders, did not know how to send the message that Spyro was the most important part of the reason why many of us played it. But now is the time.

Activision, and many other game companies speak a language that beats e-mails, online petitions and fan forums. $MONEY$ Now is the time to voice your opinion on Spyro. But don't do it with only words. Do it with your wallet. Pre-order the game on PS4 or XB1 and get the attention of Activision they cannot ignore.

Now, I know some people don't pre-order games on principle. Maybe that's someone here, and honestly I admire that. But if there was one time in which I would skirt on that philosophy, its right now. So if you're on the fence about pre-ordering, just know that if there is one thing that Activision does right, its make money, and they will notice the pre-order numbers, just the same way they noticed the Crash numbers.

Another thing to note, I totally expect this game to be delayed, just like Crash was. I would love to play it in September, but I know the typical reality is that it wont happen. I expect it by next Winter for sure.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 20:13:44 05/04/2018
I'd rather never preorder. It encourages Acti to deliver whatever they want because people won't cancel out of hope, and Amazon's wording of "they want to see the money before it's out" is pretty shady.

Spyro was never trapped in Skylanders. Acti left him there in the first place, and only now TFB makes the Spyro game they were told to make all those years ago.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 20:19:26 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I admire that. It stinks that the good ol' days of buying games because they were good, and not promised to be good, died at least a decade ago. It's a shame that it turned into what it is now, but I fear there's nothing that can be done to change it back.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 20:23:17 05/04/2018
Yup, too many people do it out of habit now; I don't have enough saved up to justify buying something without reading reviews first myself. Also good to see if I should wait for updates instead of scrambling to get something on my wishlist asap. For example, even if I had a Switch already, I'd wait out on Kirby a tiny bit if I was tight on money; with so little main mode content I want to enjoy the extra mode with all the free Dream Friends.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:42 05/04/2018 by Bifrost
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#5 Posted: 20:24:16 05/04/2018
I'd rather the game be successful because it is a good game, not because people want it to be a good game. I'll reward Toys for Bob for their good work by purchasing a sealed copy that I know has not been preowned; how soon I buy it will be determined by its quality first and availability second. I've seen this so many times in Warhammer gaming, that people should buy games on potential alone. I recorded a video on that subject today, here it is if you're interested:

So no, I strongly recommend against pre-ordering until people are comfortable with what they're getting at the very least. If they're going to get it anyway (I will, just not before release), good. If they feel there's enough info out now, good. If they feel comfortable with getting it after some more gameplay footage or interviews have been made, good. At the end of the day, it's your money. But it's just as much my franchise as it is yours, and I'd hate it to go down a direction neither of us want. Nobody owes Activision anything, least of all loyalty.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:08:18 06/04/2018 by Johnbonne
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#6 Posted: 14:08:17 12/04/2018
I will only pre order it if there is a gift that you can get for pre ordering, or if it really feels like there is a high risk of selling out. I know you can get a free ps4 theme if you pre order on the psn, but I was hoping for a physical reward for pre ordering the physic copy or some form of special edition. ;_;
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#7 Posted: 14:43:19 12/04/2018
Spyro is on a good ranking on Amazon video game best seller all around the world

Amazon.com - 16th
Amazon.de - 7th
Amazon.it - 2th
Amazon.co.uk 1st
Amazon.fr 13th
Amazon.es 3th

Europe loves Spyro.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 14:49:05 12/04/2018
Look, not going to try and find excuses or explanations, because I frankly don’t think I owe them to anyone.
I pre-ordered.

I did it only twice, the first time being LittleBigPlanet 2 which I still consider my favorite entertaining product of all times, and I choose to do it again because these three games have been my introduction to the world of videogames and I hold many memories tied to them.

You all wrote down very reasonable motivations to be against it, and I respect and agree with most of them, but I never had any doubt about what to do since the day this rumor started to get credibility (unless I didn’t liked what I would have seen, of course, but I am).
Just my personal point of view to add to the discussion, I’m in no way trying to convince other to pre-order nor saying it’s the right thing to do.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:53:18 12/04/2018 by Drek95
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#9 Posted: 15:15:03 12/04/2018
I shamelessly pre-ordered for the awesome PS4 theme and the tantalizing counter that ticks down every second of every day until release. Boo yah.
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#10 Posted: 15:35:06 12/04/2018
soon as announce for nintendo or pc will do.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#11 Posted: 15:39:49 12/04/2018
I already pre-ordered because there is a site that I started using recently where I can usually get brand new games at a discount, with a physical copy, and most importantly, the games I have purchased from them so far have both arrived a day before the official release date.

The discount I'm getting on Spyro is small but if I can get it a day early then yeah that would be great.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#12 Posted: 15:44:36 12/04/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I already pre-ordered because there is a site that I started using recently where I can usually get brand new games at a discount, with a physical copy, and most importantly, the games I have purchased from them so far have both arrived a day before the official release date.

The discount I'm getting on Spyro is small but if I can get it a day early then yeah that would be great.

Sounds shady. I'm interested.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#13 Posted: 15:55:18 12/04/2018
Nothing shady about them, they're simply a great retailer.

http://www.simplygames.com

They just sell games at pretty cheap rates, even new releases. I pre-ordered Sonic Forces on PS4 from them and it cost me just over €30, while the MSRP for the game is €45. I also got Dissidia Final Fantasy NT for about €50 from them, while MSRP is €70. Both games arrived a day early. They also offered pre-order DLC for Sonic Forces (the Shadow Avatar outfit that was exclusive to some retailers). I couldn't find my code for that initially but they sorted it out for me really quickly.

They're a UK based retailer so they're probably not gonna get you games a day early if you live outside of the UK & Ireland.

Delivering games a day early isn't part of their service as such, their shipping is just THAT fast. If you're in the UK, you get free 1st Class Delivery (and it's less than a €3 shipping fee for me in Ireland). They ship the same day as any other retailer (usually two days before release), but 1st Class Delivery is their standard rather than an option you pay extra for. Their warehouses are also UK based (as opposed to say Amazon, which has warehouses based in mainland Europe), so that explains how the games get to me so fast.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:04:15 12/04/2018 by sonicbrawler182
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#14 Posted: 16:24:08 12/04/2018
I pre order all games I want, tbh.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#15 Posted: 17:02:49 12/04/2018
I haven't pre-ordered yet, because I need to be absolutely sure I'm not going to suddenly be moving in September. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#16 Posted: 20:30:06 12/04/2018
I pre ordered it. In part thanks to this thread.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#17 Posted: 20:53:09 12/04/2018
I always pre-order games that I really want. This'll be the first Spyro game I ever pre-ordered as every other game was either received as a gift or bought after they were released.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:55 12/04/2018 by alicecarp
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#18 Posted: 20:57:30 12/04/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Nothing shady about them, they're simply a great retailer.

http://www.simplygames.com

They just sell games at pretty cheap rates, even new releases. I pre-ordered Sonic Forces on PS4 from them and it cost me just over €30, while the MSRP for the game is €45. I also got Dissidia Final Fantasy NT for about €50 from them, while MSRP is €70. Both games arrived a day early. They also offered pre-order DLC for Sonic Forces (the Shadow Avatar outfit that was exclusive to some retailers). I couldn't find my code for that initially but they sorted it out for me really quickly.

They're a UK based retailer so they're probably not gonna get you games a day early if you live outside of the UK & Ireland.

Delivering games a day early isn't part of their service as such, their shipping is just THAT fast. If you're in the UK, you get free 1st Class Delivery (and it's less than a €3 shipping fee for me in Ireland). They ship the same day as any other retailer (usually two days before release), but 1st Class Delivery is their standard rather than an option you pay extra for. Their warehouses are also UK based (as opposed to say Amazon, which has warehouses based in mainland Europe), so that explains how the games get to me so fast.

How have I never known of this! Guess I know where I'm going for my games from now on cause GameStop is horrid.

On-Topic, I'll preorder the game once its on the Switch.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#19 Posted: 23:50:59 12/04/2018
Quote: Drek95
Look, not going to try and find excuses or explanations, because I frankly don’t think I owe them to anyone.
I pre-ordered.

I did it only twice, the first time being LittleBigPlanet 2 which I still consider my favorite entertaining product of all times, and I choose to do it again because these three games have been my introduction to the world of videogames and I hold many memories tied to them.

You all wrote down very reasonable motivations to be against it, and I respect and agree with most of them, but I never had any doubt about what to do since the day this rumor started to get credibility (unless I didn’t liked what I would have seen, of course, but I am).
Just my personal point of view to add to the discussion, I’m in no way trying to convince other to pre-order nor saying it’s the right thing to do.

tbh I'm just waiting to see if there is a collectors edition or some form of cool physical rewards for pre-ordering at my local games stores like eb games lol
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#20 Posted: 00:24:41 13/04/2018
Hmm. I rather hold back for now until near release. I wanna wait and see if Activision can put out a special or collector's edition with a lovely game box, steelbook, artbook, soundtrack, etc. A soundtrack in particular would be the absolute best and not just of the new music in the remaster, I wanna see the original included. I'm kind of annoyed now that realize I could've gotten the NieR: Automata Black Box Edition if I knew it was gonna be so profound.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#21 Posted: 07:42:28 13/04/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
I will only pre order it if there is a gift that you can get for pre ordering, or if it really feels like there is a high risk of selling out. I know you can get a free ps4 theme if you pre order on the psn, but I was hoping for a physical reward for pre ordering the physic copy or some form of special edition. smilie

Same. Crash had a keychain from Gamestop, I'm waiting to see if Spyro will get something similar.
It's sad how game preorders as a whole don't offer physical goodies as much as they used to anymore.
---
#all Spyros are valid
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#22 Posted: 08:03:57 13/04/2018
I've already preordered the game, and paid for release date shipping. I want one of the first copies of this game. and I want to hold it. I want to hold spyro... O _ O
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#23 Posted: 15:00:53 17/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: StevemacQ
Hmm. I rather hold back for now until near release. I wanna wait and see if Activision can put out a special or collector's edition with a lovely game box, steelbook, artbook, soundtrack, etc. A soundtrack in particular would be the absolute best and not just of the new music in the remaster, I wanna see the original included. I'm kind of annoyed now that realize I could've gotten the NieR: Automata Black Box Edition if I knew it was gonna be so profound.

I would love a steelbook. I will get one if I can just get it, but I don't like pre-ordering for physical items especially when those physical items are only available through a certain retailer. I'm shameless enough to pre-order the game, but not shameless enough to buy from a company like Gamestop, etc.
okami12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2205
#24 Posted: 22:04:04 18/04/2018
I preordered last Saturday with game I really hope they do a midnight release they have in the past for some games
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#25 Posted: 22:31:27 18/04/2018
I'm going to pre order this for a friend of mine since he has a PS4 and I don't.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#26 Posted: 22:52:02 18/04/2018
Quote: SuperCharger95
I'm going to pre order this for a friend of mine since he has a PS4 and I don't.

that is very sweet! and I share the struggle
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#27 Posted: 15:19:16 19/04/2018
I would have pre-ordered DAY ONE if it was on Switch!

But it's silly pre-ordering it on a console I don't have just yet - If I have to I will get a PS4/Xbox One, but I need to work out how I'm gonna pay for a whole new console first...

*notices my dad's dream to get an Xbox One X and JUMPS ON BOARD*

I think the last (and only?) game I pre-ordered was Skylanders Swap Force Dark Edition, actually.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#28 Posted: 13:11:52 19/07/2018
I don't even have a PS4 yet and I preordered. smilie Just waiting for school to start so that I can use my stipend to buy that...err...I mean books of course.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#29 Posted: 13:38:04 19/07/2018
I will preorder with whatever comes with the best extra goodies. That means waiting a bit.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#30 Posted: 13:59:50 19/07/2018
Even though I preordered from Amazon, I'm still waiting for a UK site to bring out the steelbook edition or any preorder bonuses that are just as good.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me