First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
What are you hoping for?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#101 Posted: 23:53:03 09/04/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Here's a different one I saw mentioned somewhere.

You know how N. Sane Trilogy got patched with the Spyro trailer?

What if if Reignited Trilogy had a trailer for a 2019 Crash game hidden behind one of the old Crash demo codes or something?

That'd be a pretty cool reference. And extremely meta, since Crash and Spyro both started with different developers working under the same roof... and now they're once again with different developers working under the same (figurative) roof. WE'VE COME FULL CIRCLE! XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#102 Posted: 00:00:33 10/04/2018
The argument that "Skylanders wasn't received too well" is innately flawed because Skylanders made a boat load of money. It was a vocal minority that were unhappy with it, and really, the only problem that most people had with it was that it effectively consumed Spyro, Cynder, and a bunch of other beloved Spyro characters, instead of giving them their own games like before, and older fans didn't like the Skylanders versions of the characters. The vast majority were still reasonably OK with it though.

However, now that we're getting these remakes, the "SKYLANDERS ATE SPYRO REEEEE" mentality is going to fizzle out, and I speak as someone who had that mentality to a mild degree. There will always be elitists, but in general, I don't think too many people would get their knickers in a twist if they saw a cameo from a Skylanders character.

As for TLoS, while not as successful as either Classic Spyro or Skylanders, they were successful enough to be profitable and to generate a passionate fanbase. And like I said before, TLoS fans are likely getting NOTHING in the future. Skylanders can at least potentially stay relevant as its own thing with its version of Spyro, but its safe to say TLoS isn't getting a revisit. The series had a conclusive ending, so beyond a remaster sometime in the future (not a remake like Reignited Trilogy, I mean something more akin to the Kingdom Hearts HD collections), I don't see Activision revisiting it.

And with that in mind, I don't think it would hurt to throw Cynder in as an unlockable, non-canon, playable clone character (i.e she wouldn't take much time and resources to make). It basically says "hey, we haven't forgotten", and throws those fans a bone. She also exists in Skylanders, so that helps too. If people are seriously going to get hot and bothered about a gesture like that, then they're literally the reason pillars have to exist in this franchise in the first place. Hell, if they REALLY want to make sure people's nostalgia trips aren't ruined by the sight of that DISGUSTING Cynder - make her free DLC. That way, if you don't want her, don't install her into your game. Everyone is happy.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#103 Posted: 00:03:05 10/04/2018
My argument wasnt that skylanders did badly. That was my argument towards all games after the Spyro trilogy. Skylanders isnt Spyro. Its a game franchise that has Spyro in it as a guest. Although forgive me if this wasnt directed at me.

Also the reason I was saying that I don't think they would have Cynder in the game is because as someone who is a 3d artist myself, I doubt they will make her just for a cameo or skin. Coco worked because she was already in the trilogy as a major character. And it would be awkard for the characters to say 'hi Spyro' when its Cynder they are talking to even if Cynder is just a skin. There is a lot you have to do in order to make a character that a lot of people don't know off.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:09:36 10/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#104 Posted: 00:05:12 10/04/2018
The argument that "Skylanders wasn't received too well" is innately flawed because Skylanders made a boat load of money. It was a vocal minority that were unhappy with it, and really, the only problem that most people had with it was that it effectively consumed Spyro, Cynder, and a bunch of other beloved Spyro characters, instead of giving them their own games like before, and older fans didn't like the Skylanders versions of the characters. The vast majority were still reasonably OK with it though.

However, now that we're getting these remakes, the "SKYLANDERS ATE SPYRO REEEEE" mentality is going to fizzle out, and I speak as someone who had that mentality to a mild degree. There will always be elitists, but in general, I don't think too many people would get their knickers in a twist if they saw a cameo from a Skylanders character.

As for TLoS, while not as successful as either Classic Spyro or Skylanders, they were successful enough to be profitable and to generate a passionate fanbase. And like I said before, TLoS fans are likely getting NOTHING in the future. Skylanders can at least potentially stay relevant as its own thing with its version of Spyro, but its safe to say TLoS isn't getting a revisit. The series had a conclusive ending, so beyond a remaster sometime in the future (not a remake like Reignited Trilogy, I mean something more akin to the Kingdom Hearts HD collections), I don't see Activision revisiting it.

And with that in mind, I don't think it would hurt to throw Cynder in as an unlockable, non-canon, playable clone character (i.e she wouldn't take much time and resources to make). It basically says "hey, we haven't forgotten", and throws those fans a bone. She also exists in Skylanders, so that helps too. If people are seriously going to get hot and bothered about a gesture like that, then they're literally the reason pillars have to exist in this franchise in the first place. Hell, if they REALLY want to make sure people's nostalgia trips aren't ruined by the sight of that DISGUSTING Cynder - make her free DLC. That way, if you don't want her, don't install her into your game. Everyone is happy.

This I question to a certain extent. Why did Activision then not milk Legend of Spyro for all of it's worth if it was profitable like they did with every other franchise they owned back then (COD, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, etc)?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 00:08:55 10/04/2018 by JCW555
#105 Posted: 00:09:16 10/04/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
My argument wasnt that skylanders did badly. That was my argument towards all games after the Spyro trilogy. Skylanders isnt Spyro. Its a game franchise that has Spyro in it as a guest. Although forgive me if this wasnt directed at me.

Same still applies.

TLoS wouldn't have got three games (technically more if you look at the handheld versions as different games, and they pretty much are) if it didn't sell well enough.

And like I said, it still has a passionate fanbase.

To the point where a dumb, terrible SpyroxCynder fanfic I wrote as a young teenager is still getting likes and favourites and what not on deviantART to this very day lmao.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#106 Posted: 00:11:32 10/04/2018

Same still applies.

TLoS wouldn't have got three games (technically more if you look at the handheld versions as different games, and they pretty much are) if it didn't sell well enough.

And like I said, it still has a passionate fanbase.

To the point where a dumb, terrible SpyroxCynder fanfic I wrote as a young teenager is still getting likes and favourites and what not on deviantART to this very day lmao.

I mean the Another wiki is still being edited to this day, and that show ended like, 6 years ago
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#107 Posted: 00:13:06 10/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
My problem isn't with Cynder, as I like the evil version of her in ANB, and I love her Academy incarnation.
My problem is that she doesn't belong in the remakes, not only because she wasn't in them to begin with, but I'd also see that as butchering the potential for her character in a rebooted Spyro universe.

I'd rather the remakes be successful and then have Toys For Bob make a new Spyro game where they could naturally introduce her and not have it feel forced, as well as give her a good backstory and good character development.

Her being in the remakes not only doesn't belong, but it isn't fair to people who want to see her have better potential, backstory, and character development. :/
(All of which she wouldn't likely get in the remakes due to both money and lore, as she'd likely be either reduced to a skin (Which is worse) or have a half-baked reason for her being there that either doesn't make sense in the lore of the original games or is forced for pandering purposes)

THIS

If there is a Spyro 4, I would love another shot of her being a corrupted villain. Also please to god make her like Skylanders academy where she is not 'spyro's love interest' as a main part of her character. I would like her relevancy to be like the rest of the cast and sparx to be higher priority.
---
#108 Posted: 00:15:00 10/04/2018
Quote: JCW555

This I question to a certain extent. Why did Activision then not milk Legend of Spyro for all of it's worth if it was profitable like they did with every other franchise they owned back then (COD, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, etc)?

Because Activision didn't own TLoS when it was being developed. Sierra did. Who weren't in the best financial position.

As for why Activision didn't do anything with TLoS after they claimed the rights to Spyro, it was because they already had their sights set on using Spyro for their toys-to-life initiative.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:16:16 10/04/2018 by sonicbrawler182
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#109 Posted: 00:22:02 10/04/2018
Also please to god make her like Skylanders academy where she is not 'spyro's love interest' as a main part of her character. I would like her relevancy to be like the rest of the cast and sparx to be higher priority.

To be fair, the developers at Krome didn't intend for Cynder to be Spyro's love interest. That was on ELB's part.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:11 10/04/2018 by Bolt
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#110 Posted: 00:37:19 10/04/2018
Quote: Bolt
Also please to god make her like Skylanders academy where she is not 'spyro's love interest' as a main part of her character. I would like her relevancy to be like the rest of the cast and sparx to be higher priority.

To be fair, the developers at Krome didn't intend for Cynder to be Spyro's love interest. That was on ELB's part.

^really? huh, I don't remember that for some reason. the director's all three of the games, Chris and Mike, if I recall correctly, said that was the point, at least after things had actually gotten along in some interview, hmmm.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#111 Posted: 00:41:50 10/04/2018
^ oh thats actually something that is news to me. No wonder it felt forced in dotd.

And as for the tlos argument. I do understand it had a fanbase and sold well. But my argument was that compared to the classic trilogy its average. I think the fact that the classic trilogy is getting a remake after all these years prooves it, with the help of crash. And I dont think I need to explain how popular original Spyro is, how it was the mascot of sony back in the day, how it gets linked to Crash, etc. Tlos gained a fanbase and sold coppies yes, but it still doesn't hold a candle in terms of popularity to the classic trilogy. I do remember dotd being popular back in the day and all those ****ty fanfics, but as of now that has died down into nothing, meanwhile the classics still haven't been forgotten. And ib terms of actual coppies sold, ANB and TEN actually didnt sell a lot and it was dotd that sold a fair bit, which was the third game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:44:51 10/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#112 Posted: 00:43:28 10/04/2018
IIRC they always intended for one to fall for the other, but it was originally intended to be a much more gradual progression and bigger focus of the narrative.

^ oh thats actually something that is news to me. No wonder it felt forced in dotd.

And as for the tlos argument. I do understand it had a fanbase and sold well. But my argument was that compared to the classic trilogy its average. I think the fact that the classic trilogy is getting a remake after all these years prooves it, with the help of crash. And I dont think I need to explain how popular original Spyro is, how it was the mascot of sony back in the day, how it gets linked to Crash, etc. Tlos gained a fanbase and sold coppies yes, but it still doesn't hold a candle in terms of popularity to the classic trilogy. I do remember dotd being popular back in the day and all those ****ty fanfics, but as of now that has died down into nothing, meanwhile the classics still haven't been forgotten

There are a lot of factors that could be argued to be the cause of LoS not being as culturally successful as the Classic series. One of which being the times of their release. Classic Spyro came out during a time when 3D mascot platformers were all of the rage, and it was one of the most advanced of its kind. It was also a time when kids, the target demographic, played those kinds of games.

LoS came out at a time when it's target demographic were probably playing Call of Duty and Minecraft and other such games already.

I guarantee you that if Classic Spyro debuted when LoS debuted, they would have been lucky to get a whole trilogy finished. LoS did pretty well all things considered.

At the end of the day, if Cynder was a low resource clone character like Coco, was optional, and ESPECIALLY if she was DLC - there is no logical reason to actively not want her in the game in that form. It makes a lot of people happy, even gives them incentive to BUY THE GAME (which, if you want more Spyro, you want that), and those who don't want it would ignore that.

At that point, the "quality" of the TLoS series (which is subjective anyway - I personally think TEN is one of the best kid friendly action games ever made, thank ye muchly) is completely irrelevant.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:24 10/04/2018 by sonicbrawler182
#113 Posted: 00:50:13 10/04/2018
IIRC they always intended for one to fall for the other, but it was originally intended to be a much more gradual progression and bigger focus of the narrative.

yeah, that's what I thought I remembered them saying in the interview, too. I mean, my memory could be mistaken me, this was almost 10 years ago now, but I didn't think there wasn't a chance in there. Cynder, really, was the only female character and a dragon Spyro's age. I would figure there was next to no other eason for that, otherwise.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#114 Posted: 01:03:45 10/04/2018
It wasn't quite intended. There's more above this question, but they just designed Cynder as the lore went along.

https://dragonoficeandfire.dev...-TLoS-591799120

Quote:
Q: (...)"everyone I know seems to believe she ends up with Spyro in some romantic manner...." Are you hinting that she doesn't really?
A: hehe, no its more that them getting together wasn't a thing we'd intended originally - it's pretty much something that emerged from fan conversations... like I've marveled at with appreciation now for years: Cynder and Spyro have a life all their own. They've grown up, flown the coop, and have nested comfortably smilie Seeing the fans delight in wanting Spyro and Cynder to get together prompted me and the team to consider it.... it only seems natural to me. I think it's now common-place belief (if not unwritten lore) that they are an item. It's the way I would have eventually gone with it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#115 Posted: 01:40:02 10/04/2018
Uh oh we killed the thread again.

Uh...

I don't really need it, but it might be cool to implement some of the extra moves from Spyro 3 into Spyro 1 and Spyro 2. Like the Treasure Radar and Red Sparx. Could help new players out, especially in Spyro 1.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#116 Posted: 01:42:14 10/04/2018
Uh oh we killed the thread again.

Uh...

I don't really need it, but it might be cool to implement some of the extra moves from Spyro 3 into Spyro 1 and Spyro 2. Like the Treasure Radar and Red Sparx. Could help new players out, especially in Spyro 1.

They could be rewards for beating the bosses, a la the power-ups in Crash 3.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#117 Posted: 01:43:59 10/04/2018

And as for the tlos argument. I do understand it had a fanbase and sold well. But my argument was that compared to the classic trilogy its average. I think the fact that the classic trilogy is getting a remake after all these years prooves it, with the help of crash. And I dont think I need to explain how popular original Spyro is, how it was the mascot of sony back in the day, how it gets linked to Crash, etc. Tlos gained a fanbase and sold coppies yes, but it still doesn't hold a candle in terms of popularity to the classic trilogy. I do remember dotd being popular back in the day and all those ****ty fanfics, but as of now that has died down into nothing, meanwhile the classics still haven't been forgotten

There are a lot of factors that could be argued to be the cause of LoS not being as culturally successful as the Classic series. One of which being the times of their release. Classic Spyro came out during a time when 3D mascot platformers were all of the rage, and it was one of the most advanced of its kind. It was also a time when kids, the target demographic, played those kinds of games.

LoS came out at a time when it's target demographic were probably playing Call of Duty and Minecraft and other such games already.

I guarantee you that if Classic Spyro debuted when LoS debuted, they would have been lucky to get a whole trilogy finished. LoS did pretty well all things considered.

At the end of the day, if Cynder was a low resource clone character like Coco, was optional, and ESPECIALLY if she was DLC - there is no logical reason to actively not want her in the game in that form. It makes a lot of people happy, even gives them incentive to BUY THE GAME (which, if you want more Spyro, you want that), and those who don't want it would ignore that.

At that point, the "quality" of the TLoS series (which is subjective anyway - I personally think TEN is one of the best kid friendly action games ever made, thank ye muchly) is completely irrelevant.

The problem with all of that is that for Spyro and Cynder to be in the game and have it be done smoothly, Cynder would have to have dialogue recorded, be animated into the cutscenes, and just overall would need a hell of a lot more work to be done smoothly like Crash was with Coco in the N. Sane Trilogy. That, and the fact that Cynder isn't in the classic universe at all.

And I'm pretty sure Activision/TFB knows a vast majority of people who are interested in this are Classic Spyro fans, and to go through the additional work for a character who is divisive as hell, and not in the original games, isn't worth the effort to them. (I know some Skylanders fans might pick this up, but that number is vastly outweighed by the classic Spyro fans, and the Skylanders fandom has really declined the last four years). They know the draw of this is Classic Spyro, and I think you overestimate how much of a draw Cynder actually is.

I hate repeating myself, but TFB have already said that Classic Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are different characters/universes.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like Cynder in the classic universe, but introduce her in a good Spyro 4.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:52:17 10/04/2018 by JCW555
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#118 Posted: 01:59:53 10/04/2018
My only hopes right now are is that TfB aren't listening too much to the elitists. Nostalgia is a bad thing and can destroy alot of good stuff.
The Spyro fandom is becoming like the Sonic fandom right now ...
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:19 10/04/2018 by XSparxX
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#119 Posted: 02:16:44 10/04/2018

Didn't VV do something like that with the N.Sane trilogy? I think that'd be a pretty sure thing to expect if so.

I think it'd be nifty if they include a handful more of collectables in each game to keep veteran players on their toes. Like one more Dragon, Orb and Egg found at the very end of their games hidden away.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#120 Posted: 02:26:26 10/04/2018
Quote: XSparxX
My only hopes right now are is that TfB aren't listening too much to the elitists. Nostalgia is a bad thing and can destroy alot of good stuff.
The Spyro fandom is becoming like the Sonic fandom right now ...

"Nostalgia is a seductive liar."
- George Ball
---
I draw stuff.
#121 Posted: 02:39:43 10/04/2018

The problem with all of that is that for Spyro and Cynder to be in the game and have it be done smoothly, Cynder would have to have dialogue recorded, be animated into the cutscenes, and just overall would need a hell of a lot more work to be done smoothly like Crash was with Coco in the N. Sane Trilogy. That, and the fact that Cynder isn't in the classic universe at all.

And I'm pretty sure Activision/TFB knows a vast majority of people who are interested in this are Classic Spyro fans, and to go through the additional work for a character who is divisive as hell, and not in the original games, isn't worth the effort to them. (I know some Skylanders fans might pick this up, but that number is vastly outweighed by the classic Spyro fans, and the Skylanders fandom has really declined the last four years). They know the draw of this is Classic Spyro, and I think you overestimate how much of a draw Cynder actually is.

I hate repeating myself, but TFB have already said that Classic Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are different characters/universes.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like Cynder in the classic universe, but introduce her in a good Spyro 4.

I said Cynder should be an unlockable/DLC character. Meaning you can only use her after you've met the unlock requirements, which I think should be beating a game to unlock her for that game.

Ergo, she wouldn't need to be animated and voiced for cutscenes. Just a clone character with a minimal amount of context.

Think of it like how Shadow was incorporated into Sonic Forces. You download the DLC, beat his episode, and can play as him in Modern Sonic's levels when you do. He plays the exact same as Sonic, just has different voice grunts and some slightly different animations in places.

Cynder would work the same way, only she wouldn't even have her own episode to play through.

Would be a cool way to spice things up when revisiting levels for 100% completion, without actually effecting game mechanics and "breaking the game".
---
#122 Posted: 02:44:36 10/04/2018
Plus I think all of this discussion of Cynder is pointless. 99% she isn't in the game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:45 10/04/2018 by JCW555
#123 Posted: 02:46:20 10/04/2018
I personally don't like just making her a skin either, as that's just forcing her for the sake of pandering and not giving her character the development that she deserves. :/

It could tease potential increased use of her in the future though.

Like if people actually respond well to Cynder being playable in this game, that guarantees she gets used in the future.

Besides, it's Classic Spyro. It has charming characters, but character development isn't something I associate with these games. The characters don't really change or develop, other than Spyro himself by virtue of growing a little older over the course of the three games.

Plus I think all of this discussion of Cynder is pointless. 99% she isn't in the game.

Delete the thread then, because 99% of the things brought up here are also very likely not gonna happen.

It's a speculation/wishlist thread, the logistics should be irrelevant (and even then, I feel I've made a decent case regardless).

Please don't become Smashboards.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:01 10/04/2018 by sonicbrawler182
#124 Posted: 02:48:20 10/04/2018
I personally don't like just making her a skin either, as that's just forcing her for the sake of pandering and not giving her character the development that she deserves. :/

Like if people actually respond well to Cynder being playable in this game, that guarantees she gets used in the future.

Besides, it's Classic Spyro. It has charming characters, but character development isn't something I associate with these games. The characters don't really change or develop, other than Spyro himself by virtue of growing a little older over the course of the three games.

I mean, Bianca does. The Sorceress does.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:03 10/04/2018 by JCW555
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#125 Posted: 02:49:56 10/04/2018

You've already made that clear and it's a valid point. But if they wanted to, they could;

A) Have a single line of dialogue, saying she's come from another world to aid Spyro. (Multiverses are all the rage currently)

B ) Not reference it, just let it happen.

C) Explicitly state it's not canon, it's just there for fanservice.

Any of these can still lead to her having an actual debut in a future game. They could also do this with any character, like Ember or Flame.

Plus I think all of the discussion of Cynder is pointless. 99% she isn't in the game.

Read the title of this thread again. It's 'What are you hoping for?' Of course it's not gonna happen. Doesn't mean it's not fun to fantasise.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:17 10/04/2018 by Nroc-Nuika
#126 Posted: 02:50:56 10/04/2018

I don't know, I think we're really reaching here for something that likely won't happen for no real reason other than to have something pander to us for no reason. :/

I could have said this, word for word, about the concept of a remade Spyro trilogy a few years ago.

And yet here we are. ;~;
---
Paperboy012305 Red Sparx Gems: 62
#127 Posted: 03:10:59 10/04/2018
Here's what I want:

1: Hovering in Spyro 1
2: Have the Rolling ability in Spyro 2 and Spyro 3
3: Remove Double Jump in Spyro 2 (I actually like this, but its been added by mistake and it should be looked at and fixed)
4: Have level NPC characters appear in the Hubworld in Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 after the Hubworld's boss been defeated. (Or better yet, when the game is completed)
5: Doubtful, and too soon. But I would like some DLC to add more Spyro games.
6: An easy and hard mode when you complete the 3 main games instead of as a cheat code in Spyro 3. And you can use these modes in all 3 games (In easy mode, you have a more health when you get hit, Sparx will find gems that are farther away from you, and missions will be less ludicrous. In Hard mode, You die when you get hit just once, Sparx wont pick up gems for you, and missions are unfair)

Even if nothing's changed, i'll still like the game no matter what
---
Spyro, I am coming for you!
#128 Posted: 03:43:22 10/04/2018
Wait, you know what? I'd like to see the Elder dragons stick around after you've freed them. I doubt it would happen .. but really, where do they go afterwards?

Oh, and maybe make it more clear that the dragons in Gnasty's World have been recaptured because they took it upon themselves to go after him.
---
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:44:24 10/04/2018 by Bolt
#129 Posted: 06:17:02 10/04/2018
lol, on the cynder topic, if activision thinks it will make money they will do it.

as a side note, everyone said cynder was dead when skylanders started. well... she wound up in skylanders, so... lol

I want to play as Bianca...
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#130 Posted: 08:27:41 10/04/2018
Quote: Paperboy012305
Here's what I want:

1: Hovering in Spyro 1
2: Have the Rolling ability in Spyro 2 and Spyro 3
3: Remove Double Jump in Spyro 2 (I actually like this, but its been added by mistake and it should be looked at and fixed)
4: Have level NPC characters appear in the Hubworld in Spyro 2 and Spyro 3 after the Hubworld's boss been defeated. (Or better yet, when the game is completed)
5: Doubtful, and too soon. But I would like some DLC to add more Spyro games.
6: An easy and hard mode when you complete the 3 main games instead of as a cheat code in Spyro 3. And you can use these modes in all 3 games (In easy mode, you have a more health when you get hit, Sparx will find gems that are farther away from you, and missions will be less ludicrous. In Hard mode, You die when you get hit just once, Sparx wont pick up gems for you, and missions are unfair)

Even if nothing's changed, i'll still like the game no matter what

Insomniac removed the double-jump in Spyro 3, so I'm pretty sure that Toys for Bob already know of this, if they have been following the games closely.

The only reason why it was left in Spyro 2 was probably because it was too late for them to remove it, like the game was already being shipped, or maybe they didn't find out about it until development of Spyro 3. I guess it is understandable how they didn't know about this glitch to start with, there's a lot of content in Spyro that they would have had to worried about first.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:30:09 10/04/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#131 Posted: 00:18:18 11/04/2018
My two cents on the Cynder topic:

I don't think she really has a spot in the 3 remakes since she wasn't in the original games (ok maybe DLC would work), BUT if they make another original Spyro universe game after these games, I think that would be a perfect spot to introduce her and I'd actually love that because I want more Spyro-aged dragons ;-;
#132 Posted: 01:27:16 11/04/2018
A mode where you can wear Spyro's shades from the 100% ending of Spyro 1, at all times.

The only new addition we need tbh. smilie
---
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#133 Posted: 01:35:52 11/04/2018
A mode where you can wear Spyro's shades from the 100% ending of Spyro 1, at all times.

omfg yes! I was always thinking of this ever since i got the shades in Super Mario Odyssey
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#134 Posted: 01:49:29 11/04/2018
Snoop Dog themed level.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#135 Posted: 02:09:05 11/04/2018

The only new addition we need tbh. B)

Blease happen.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#136 Posted: 02:47:40 11/04/2018

goddammit i was actually thinking that and was gonna say that :'(

that is the only mode we need
---
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#137 Posted: 03:54:18 11/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby

I don't think she really has a spot in the 3 remakes since she wasn't in the original games (ok maybe DLC would work), BUT if they make another original Spyro universe game after these games, I think that would be a perfect spot to introduce her and I'd actually love that because I want more Spyro-aged dragons ;-;

This. Hopefully they'll bring in Ember, Flame and maybe some Skylanders dragons too, if they decide to this at all. But leave any official romance out of Spyro Games beyond some NPCs.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:56:11 11/04/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#138 Posted: 04:53:52 11/04/2018

Also this, but imo I don't think dlc would work. Like I think it's 20x better for like a official 4th/new game to reintroduce her and a few others (Ember and Flame).
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#139 Posted: 05:20:12 11/04/2018

honestly, it would be a shame if this didn't happen... it would be awesome and paris should always play as him like this, lol.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#140 Posted: 05:23:09 11/04/2018

P L E A S E
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#141 Posted: 07:16:58 11/04/2018
Tbh I actually like Spyro being basically the only dragon and the rest of the cast being a wide variety of animals. It made Spyro unique and more 'special' to be a dragon to me. He stood out. Maybe the dragons his age should appear in the dragon worlds only or something. :\

And also I wouldn't mind if Cynder returned (it's not a want or don't want, more a don't care), but as it is the cast is already pretty big so I feel they should expand on Spyro 2 and 3's cast more rather than just adding in more characters.

Ahhh that would be pretty cool. ;o;

Although at the same time, Ember and Flame weren't really good characters to me, and the later was legit a recolour of Spyro. However the new characters like them and Blink I would be pretty sad to see basically get retcon'd out of existence if there is a Spyro 4. But at the same time Blink was pretty much Agent 9's replacement and had terrible mini games and Ember and Flame only appeared for like one scene, so I'm conflicted. xD
---
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#142 Posted: 08:03:08 11/04/2018
I'm hoping they add some of the cut content from Year of The Dragon.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#143 Posted: 08:19:51 11/04/2018
Quote: willspyro
I'm hoping they add some of the cut content from Year of The Dragon.

Speaking of that, I know about Machinists’ World from the first game and potentially a Spring Homeworld from the second, but besides maybe a slightly bigger Super Bonus World and some minigames or mini-bosses, I have no idea if anything major was cut from Year of the Dragon.

Do we have more informations about that?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#144 Posted: 12:27:12 11/04/2018

Ok but is there an NG+ where you can continually stack more glasses on his face
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#145 Posted: 12:40:44 11/04/2018
It would be cool to have a mode were you just burn sheep

Unless that's already a minigame in 2 and 3
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me