Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
What are you hoping for?
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#1 Posted: 18:57:58 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
  • A Spring home in Spyro 2.
  • A Machinists World in Spyro 1.
  • Improved Boss Battles in Spyro 1.
  • Some continuation for Ripto, like what they did with the Sorceress lifting her hand out of the lava. They don't necessarily need another fight with him, but he's the most popular recurring villain, so we need to see him survive.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 18:59:14 05/04/2018
Considering how much they're recreating from scratch, I think new levels is too much to ask.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 18:59:54 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Maybe, but I still want them.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4 Posted: 19:00:20 05/04/2018
More cutscenes, more dialogue for Spyro himself.
He should response to the NPC's like in AHT and ETD.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#5 Posted: 19:08:52 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
More interaction between the characters, especially Spyro and the bosses. Also more backstory for the bosses. Like, what even is Jaques?
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#6 Posted: 19:12:32 05/04/2018
  • Speedways not being harder than originals.
  • Same voice actors.
  • More skill points. Maybe add some to the first game.
  • Add the permanent superflame to the first and third games so that all three games get a New Game+
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#7 Posted: 19:55:58 05/04/2018
More than anything, a good Spyro game. Music as true to the originals, controls as slick as they were and respect for the original work. Symmetrical patterns on the walls and ceilings like they used to have are not a suggestion but a requirement. They've done good with the gems in the walls. If they've got time, perhaps content that was unfinished in the original game being released here. And better box art.

Other than that, the more I look the more I like it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:52 05/04/2018 by Johnbonne
#8 Posted: 20:22:26 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Fix or remove the races in the Spyro 3 Speedways. Make it into an actual race, rather than steady traffic simulator.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#9 Posted: 20:26:53 05/04/2018
Decent character models. >.<
I mean, most of the ones so far are great, but there's still soooooo many more to reveal. They already look better/more stylised that NST though, which is good. c:
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:27:49 05/04/2018 by Bolt
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#10 Posted: 20:44:34 05/04/2018
1.) More cinematics in Spyro 1, like maybe when he meets Gnasty Gnorc, there's a cutscene.
2.) Boss fights are harder in Spyro 1
3.) Speedways are a little easier in Spyro 1 (they're harder than the other games')
4.) Automatic save in Spyro 1 (instead of using the dragons)
5.) Ability to hover in Spyro 1 (get rid of that "drop" ability)
6.) "You just gotta believe" reference should be changed to something more current.
7.) Flying world added to Gnasty's World
8.) Sparx is more accurate when picking up gems.
9.) Ability to "gem search" with Sparx like the other games.
-----
10.) Replace Dragon Shores with another treasure loot, it was such a disappointment.
11.) Fix some of the dialogue in cutscenes, it just doesn't make sense/is worded weird.
12.) A little bit more emphasis on the worlds in Winter Tundra (if you have enough orbs already you can literally go straight to Ripto and not play them).
13.) Fix the "double jump" and "swimming in the air" glitches (or don't, that's fine too)
14.) Money Bags should be cheaper.
15.) Orb challenges should be easier.
16.) Crush and Gulp should also talk.
-----
17.) All challenges/mini-games should have a star ranking like in Ripto's Rage.
18.) More Sheila levels.
19.) More Bentley levels.
20.) Agent 9's levels should be EASIER.
21.) More emphasis on Midnight Mountain's worlds. If you have enough eggs before then, you can go straight to the Sorceress and skip those worlds.
22.) Skateboard race in Super Bonus Round should be EASIER.
23.) Final 100% "cutscene/ending" should be more conclusive and have a happy ending compared to original. Possibly set up a tease for a Spyro 4 (remake of Enter the Dragonfly, perhaps???)
-----
Edit:

Skill points can be taken away or kept. However, the bonus parts in the guidebook that are unlocked from the skill points should automatically play at the end of the game, in cutscenes.

Ex. We see the ice skater from Spyro 3 skating around and words appear on the screen saying what they do in the original. The credits play through each scene until it runs out.

You shouldn't have to get skill points to unlock them. Turn those skill points into achievements or trophies instead.
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:58:21 05/04/2018 by Fireball
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#11 Posted: 22:01:57 05/04/2018
I'd love to be able to explore the dragon realms seen in the intros for Spyro 2 and 3 to act as a hub world for DLC levels like being able to return to Dragon Shores but with more mini-games and theatre to rewatch cutscenes for all three games, a Spring level in Avalar that's forgotten and some new bosses from post-PS1 Spyro games and maybe foreshadowing future sequels.

As for something more realistic, I want Spyro to feel good to control unlike Yooka-Laylee. I also want the Triangle button to actually zoom into a first person perspective, especially when it comes to the Share button, not just zoom into the back of Spyro's head.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:12:33 05/04/2018 by StevemacQ
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#12 Posted: 22:25:56 05/04/2018
I reeeeeeeeeeaaaallly hope that the dragons in Spyro 1 don't end up falling victim to "Same face syndrome".

While many people write off the dragons in the original as being "Copy paste", they actually have quite a few little unique details to them if you look, like, Astor has his own 100% unique model, Gunnar has unique underbelly plates that extend down the back of his arms and legs, there's a whole subspecies of Artisan dragons that live in Town Square/Toasty that have little round pebble scales on their underbellies instead of big plates...

I just REALLY hope that all those neat little details end up staying preserved, rather then just making everyone look the same minus, like, different clothes or something.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#13 Posted: 22:27:21 05/04/2018
The enemies are already all varied in shape and looks, it'd be a bit of a disservice to not give the dragons at least different acessories.
---
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#14 Posted: 23:16:54 05/04/2018
I've basically said this before but here I go again.

• More personality for the bosses in Spyro 1 and have them feel more like bosses. It seems like they just might be doing that with Toasty.
  • All NPCs react when you hit them.
  • The cheat codes from Spyro 2 and 3 that change Spyro's color and make him flat and big headed are in all three games. Also, wouldn't it be cool if turning him black made him into Dark Spyro? Black and silver like in Skylanders?
  • They DON'T fix the swim in air glitches.
  • Maybe they could include content that was cut from any of the PS1 games. Like how Crash Bandicoot had Stormy Ascent. But what exactly could there be for Toys for Bob to do? Maybe Insomniac could tell Toys for Bob what that scrapped challenge in Dino Mines was suppose to be.
  • Maybe there could be an Easter Egg after getting 100% in each game, like how the Crash Trilogy had Fake Crash dancing. Maybe the Spyro Trilogy could have a goofy dancing character. Mr. Bones?
  • I'm still for this. It would be nice if you had the option to swap between Spyro and another character, like how you got to swap between Crash and Coco in the Crash Trilogy. It would need to be someone who could have the same moves as Spyro and not look dumb doing it, and a female. It needs to be a female. Hunter, Sparx, Moneybags, Elora, Bianca, etc. just don't fit well. They just wouldn't fit with Spyro's moveset, they have too much involvement in the story as NPCs, and most of them are male. The best character I think who could fit a role like this is Cynder, a female dragon. I don't believe "She shouldn't be in it because she's from Legend of Spyro or she wasn't in the original trilogy" is a good reason to not do it, because she could always be introduced as a new character. Maybe she could come from some inter dimensional portal The Professor created. IDK, that's what I'd probaly do if I were making this.

What if somebody at Toys for Bob has been watching over our conversations on these forums?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:45 05/04/2018 by SpcePirateMnky
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#15 Posted: 23:18:48 05/04/2018
Gonna keep mine relatively simple.

1) Solid camera control on the right analogue stick, with options to invert.
2) Hover in Spyro 1 (or readjust the levels to make glides less finicky)
3) Skill Points in Spyro 1... assuming there are Skill Points and they're not scrapped entirely for Trophies/Achievements.
4) Include the level music and the cutscene that weren't added into Year of the Dragon until the Greatest Hits version.
5) Inverted flight control option for speedways, so I can go up when I tilt the analogue stick up, and vice versa.
6) Keep the super flame new game + option for Ripto's Rage.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:19:30 05/04/2018 by HIR
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#16 Posted: 23:46:03 05/04/2018
I'd like SOMETHING new. Doesn't have to be huge, but anything that could be a nice surprise.

Crash got the Stormy Ascent DLC since it was such an infamous piece of Crash trivia that a lot of fans wanted to see fully realised. But as far as I recall, the original Spyro games don't have an equivalent, at least not a publicly known one. If there are any scrapped levels from the original trilogy, it would be great to see them realised as DLC.

Also, this is a long shot, but since Crash got Coco as a playable character - I say throw in Cynder as an unlockable character.

Before anyone raises their pitch forks - yes, I'm of course aware she's not part of the Classic trilogy. But let me explain my reasoning.

The Classic trilogy unfortunately does not have any other "Spyro-sized" characters they could use for such an unlockable. They could make a Hunter Mode, but to do that, they'd basically be designing a new set of game mechanics and I doubt they can do that.

Cynder could easily function as a clone character for Spyro, just as Coco did for Crash. Furthermore, while she isn't part of the Classic universe, she did make it into Skylanders, so the kids who played Skylanders who will likely pick up the game will recognise her and it could serve as a good promotional hook. Plus, it would be super cool to see her get a Classic-style redesign and she basically comes full circle - starts out as a main character in LoS, gets integrated into the Skylanders universe alongside Spyro, and then gets a cameo in the Classic universe through this remake trilogy. She'd also be a female character, giving young girls a character to play as that they can relate themselves too (IIRC this was somewhat the logic behind adding Coco to N. Sane Trilogy). She doesn't have to be shoehorned into the main story, just have like, a portal in each homeworld that she pops out of once you unlock her and you approach her and talk to her and can switch between her and Spyro, just like in N. Sane Trilogy. Justify her appearance as "a mysterious dragon who appeared from a portal connected to another dimension to aid Spyro in his quest", or something. She plays the exact same as Spyro, but with unique animations and voice lines to reflect her personality, and her flame breath is a "dark flame breath" for a nice aesthetic change. And they could probably base her personality on the Skylanders incarnation.

There's also just the fact that LoS is pretty much dead and done, I don't think it will be getting any sort of revisit. So it would be cool to throw fans of that series a bone. I know a Classic Spyro fan-game actually did exactly this recently, they threw Cynder in as an unlockable skin and people actually really liked it. Considering only the most hardcore Classic Spyro fans would invest time into such fan games, if they receive something like this well, then I doubt anyone would really care besides a handful of hardcore elitists.

The only other idea I have for an unlockable character is playing as a sheep, which might be a funny gag. But I think putting in Cynder would be legit a really cool piece of fanservice that wouldn't make too many people mad and would be cool for a lot of dedicated Spyro fans.

The only other idea I have for a cool unlockable bonus is the permanent Superflame power-up from Spyro 2 being incorporated into all three games. And maybe a permanent Superflight power-up.

N. Sane Trilogy also added Time Trials to Crash 1 and Crash 2, but I don't think Spyro has an equivalent mode or anything. Maybe add Skill Points to Spyro 1? That could be cool.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#17 Posted: 00:51:17 06/04/2018
I want to see online leaderboards for the Skateboard park and the all the Speedways.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#18 Posted: 03:05:32 06/04/2018
doubt itll happen but a hard mode, or at least harder difficulty in general, better feel in spyro one so you dont drift in your charge
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#19 Posted: 08:17:05 06/04/2018
I know this isn't a very major detail, but I'd like the dragons to just stick around after you've rescued them. I'm guessing graphical limitations or something stopped them from doing that in the original. I always thought the levels felt lonely after you rescued them all so having the dragons stay would make the worlds feel more lively imo. Plus, this game will most likely have autosave and you could just go up to the dragons and talk to them if you want to hear their dialogue again (like with NPCs in the other two games), so we wouldn't need the fairies that save your game and let you replay dragons anyway.

I used to like the music you hear in the cutscenes, so if they release an official soundtrack, I hope those tracks will be included too.
#20 Posted: 13:14:27 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
^Yeah, that's a really good idea.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#21 Posted: 13:16:54 06/04/2018
plz switch the camera to the right analog stick
#22 Posted: 13:41:29 06/04/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

They're already doing this, they said it in every interview.
---
#23 Posted: 13:55:37 06/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

They're already doing this, they said it in every interview.

thank god
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#24 Posted: 14:48:27 06/04/2018
  • Analog stick camera for all three games
  • In-game dialogue to remain as similar to the originals as possible
  • Original voice cast for the major characters
  • Keep it separate from Legend of Spyro and Skylanders (no Cynder... plz...)
  • Keep the dragons from Spyro 1 in the world after you free them - the worlds just feel too empty upon completion
  • Keep Skill Points - maybe even add in a few for Spyro 1
  • Keep the cheat codes - and make them usable for all three games

Not really a major hope, but it would be nice if the menu to access the three games were the dragon world you see in the opening cutscenes for 2 and 3.
---
Bring the Fanta
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#25 Posted: 15:13:05 06/04/2018
Not much:

• Skill points added to Spyro 1.
  • Speedway racing added to Spyro 1 and 2.
  • Online leaderboards for Speedways (and other timed minigames?)
  • Greatest Hits soundtrack for Spyro 3.
  • Revamped Agent 9, Bentley and Sgt. Byrd gameplay.
  • Online hockey mode as a bonus.

#26 Posted: 17:32:03 06/04/2018
my other hope is that spyro can find the skylander's spyro under a bridge and he sounds like this
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#27 Posted: 17:42:23 06/04/2018
I know this is really, like really unlikely, but I would love if they somehow worked in Ember and Flame even though they’re pretty much Spyro recolors and not even in the original trilogy ;-; girl can dream
#28 Posted: 18:32:19 06/04/2018
Quote: Darby
I know this is really, like really unlikely, but I would love if they somehow worked in Ember and Flame even though they’re pretty much Spyro recolors and not even in the original trilogy ;-; girl can dream

i was thinking about this yesterday, i dunno if they could/would tho, but it'd be cool, maybe get some baby dragons named ember and flame at least for the cameo
---
#29 Posted: 19:00:06 06/04/2018
Speaking of baby dragons, it has always bothered me that Yin and Yang are both white. I hope they make one of them black to match the Yin Yang symbol.
Shibaru Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#30 Posted: 19:29:47 06/04/2018
Being able to get a PS4 to actually play the games on
---
G3MINI, Biggest bubbleton on Mixer.
Hi Lindsey. - Taylor Swift
Asdra#7043 on Discord
#31 Posted: 20:03:04 06/04/2018
i want stewart copeland back
---
#32 Posted: 20:30:31 06/04/2018
Just a thought - leaderboards for Speedways could be cool, and maybe for some mini-games too, like Skate Parks.
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#33 Posted: 20:32:19 06/04/2018
^ I was thinking the same for the skateparks, didn’t even think about the speedways until now- that would be great too
#34 Posted: 20:34:23 06/04/2018
It would be a wasted opportunity to not include leaderboards.

I'd like to see the faraway island in Midnight Mountain be reachable without cheats and maybe have something more interesting than a few life jars.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:29 06/04/2018 by alicecarp
#35 Posted: 20:40:47 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Just a thought - leaderboards for Speedways could be cool, and maybe for some mini-games too, like Skate Parks.

Oh, YES!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#36 Posted: 22:10:22 06/04/2018
A Switch version. P likely, but still.

Keep ALL swimming in air glitches.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#37 Posted: 01:11:44 07/04/2018
I actually hope they spike the difficulty a bit considering they did that for the crash remakes xD

Also I want them to tweak the controls of the other playable characters in YOTD. Agent 9 I found especially hard to control, and with today's hardware I think they should take advantage of the other playable characters.

Use the greatest hits soundtrack.

Oh and also keep Cynder out the game plz. No easter egg or skin. I'm sick of seeing her instead of Sparx and Hunter.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:14:12 07/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#38 Posted: 01:14:13 07/04/2018
Also a Skyro costume.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#39 Posted: 07:38:16 07/04/2018
I hope the sky in Dream Weavers will still be as colourful as the original. I also hope the skies for Gnasty's Loot, Breeze Harbour and Enchanted Towers will still have planets.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#40 Posted: 17:00:04 07/04/2018
I want the same games in HD
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#41 Posted: 17:26:31 07/04/2018
Quote: Bionichute
I want the same games in HD

You're in luck.

---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#42 Posted: 17:29:07 07/04/2018
thats not hd
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#43 Posted: 17:42:34 07/04/2018
If its a native 1920×1080 resolution, it is indeed HD.

The ironic thing is that the remakes will probably be upscaled to 1920×1080 rather than be natively displayed at that resolution on standard PS4/Xbox One models and on the Switch, if that version comes.
---
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8923
#44 Posted: 18:40:27 07/04/2018
Quote: alicecarp
It would be a wasted opportunity to not include leaderboards.

I'd like to see the faraway island in Midnight Mountain be reachable without cheats and maybe have something more interesting than a few life jars.

Yeah! Maybe they could make it like it was originally going to be, with that giant whirlwind that spawned in front of the Sorceress’ portal that takes you there, and have the Super Bonus Round’s portal be on that island, too.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#45 Posted: 22:15:55 07/04/2018
60 FPS would be nice but my guess is we're gonna get 30 FPS with motion blur.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#46 Posted: 20:14:47 08/04/2018
I want the TfB logo to be on a signpost in the intro just like the Insomniac logo was in the original games.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:37 08/04/2018 by alicecarp
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8923
#47 Posted: 03:05:16 09/04/2018
The only thing that comes to mind for what I’d like to see is Intro and Outro cutscenes for YotD’s levels.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#48 Posted: 03:33:45 09/04/2018
I just want my HD fishmode, tyvm
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#49 Posted: 20:20:53 09/04/2018
A completion incentive in the form of allowing Spyro to use all his abilities across all three games. After completing them, you have the option to start a new game + with dodge rolling, swimming, diving, head bashing, climbing and permanent super flame, plus increased Sparx grab range and auto pot/basket breaking in any game. Would be fun to mess around with, especially in Spyro 1.

And as many possible references to TLoS and Skylanders at the most inappropriate times, just to piss off elitists
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#50 Posted: 20:23:26 09/04/2018
^I second the spoiler!

A Switch version released in time for Christmas. xD
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me