willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#2 Posted: 14:34:57 05/04/2018
Hype Hype Hype
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#3 Posted: 14:46:05 05/04/2018
smilie that thief...

[User Posted Image]
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:50:35 05/04/2018 by dark52
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#4 Posted: 15:03:48 05/04/2018
anybody else getting a error page? heres the youtube vid

dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#5 Posted: 15:04:26 05/04/2018
Here it is in English:

---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#6 Posted: 15:08:01 05/04/2018
TOM KENNY IS BACK!
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
ShadowStorm Yellow Sparx Gems: 1461
#7 Posted: 15:10:20 05/04/2018
I wanna know how Ripto looks now!!
---
Discord: ShaOriDow#6720
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#8 Posted: 15:18:57 05/04/2018
Absolutely fantastic! So excited to play these epic games.
#9 Posted: 15:32:08 05/04/2018
Quote: InsomDog
Absolutely fantastic! So excited to play these epic games.

I wanted to say, why you are making a fortnite ref, but I'm too hyped to ask.
---
#10 Posted: 15:43:09 05/04/2018
i tried to guess the levels i saw in the trailer

my guesses

-artisans homeworld
-sunny flight
-toasty
-blowhard?
-ice carvan
-no idea but i think its dreamwavers
-somewhere in beastmakers
-toasty again
-spyro talking to tomas in artisans?
-nestor in artisans
-thief in stone hill
-gnorc in artisans
-blowhard again?
-cliff town
-wizards peak?
-misty bog
-beastmakers???
-artisans again and toasty

please correct me if im wrong
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:43:55 05/04/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#11 Posted: 15:55:07 05/04/2018
What a great thing to wake up to smilie
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#12 Posted: 15:55:53 05/04/2018
I'm not overly impressed with the initial reveal, but there's less I can criticise than I could with the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. I'm not going to go much further so to sour the mood; I understand everyone's excited, and despite my best efforts to be pessimistic, this is a time for celebration. What I will say is that I enjoyed some of the character designs and I have to admit, objectively, the art style is good on its own merits. A bit too Blizz-like for my tastes, but very high detail. It would've worked spectacularly well for Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, whose remaster has preserved the image of the game but also brought forward its glaring problems.

I look forward to hearing the music proper and seeing the colour palette brightened up.
#13 Posted: 16:00:26 05/04/2018
Quote: Johnbonne
I'm not overly impressed with the initial reveal, but there's less I can criticise than I could with the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. I'm not going to go much further so to sour the mood; I understand everyone's excited, and despite my best efforts to be pessimistic, this is a time for celebration. What I will say is that I enjoyed some of the character designs and I have to admit, objectively, the art style is good on its own merits. A bit too Blizz-like for my tastes, but very high detail. It would've worked spectacularly well for Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, whose remaster has preserved the image of the game but also brought forward its glaring problems.

I look forward to hearing the music proper and seeing the colour palette brightened up.

the original games had some beautiful colours and skyboxes, shame the remaster is ditching the old artstyle

muh art direction reeeeee
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14 Posted: 16:05:37 05/04/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

the original games had some beautiful colours and skyboxes, shame the remaster is ditching the old artstyle

I may sound a bit ignorant here, but... what art style? From what I’ve seen, TFB has a lot less to work off of than VV did with Crash, aesthetics wise. I quite like the new spin on things, but again I’m not as knowledgeable
#15 Posted: 16:08:36 05/04/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd

I may sound a bit ignorant here, but... what art style? From what I’ve seen, TFB has a lot less to work off of than VV did with Crash, aesthetics wise. I quite like the new spin on things, but again I’m not as knowledgeable

I have to agree. I prefer the original aesthetics, even though they're rough as sandpaper. It's part of the appeal, like how people who want World of Warcraft Classic are asking for the old art style. Newer doesn't mean better to a lot of people.

You're right in saying that Spyro has a lot less, but that works for me. Where Crash was cluttered and removing the clutter harms the environments (being eaten by the maps such as the jungle ones in CB2 was such an amazing feel), Spyro was hugely open and left a lot to the imagination. I think by doing the opposite, it feels like it's trying to hard....? I dunno, I can't quite articulate how I feel. I'll give the game a chance and see for myself though! smilie

But yes, I'll refrain from posting so much because it's basically "TL; DR REEEEEEE".
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:12:24 05/04/2018 by Johnbonne
#16 Posted: 16:10:17 05/04/2018

just the old artstyle was much simpler and had much better colour balance, its just mostly nitpicking

[User Posted Image]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#17 Posted: 16:11:39 05/04/2018
It's pretty odd because TFB uses shaders like there's no tomorrow, but then again they fired the majority of their level design staff in 2016. Probably fired the lighting people along as well or they went to VV :c
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:01 05/04/2018 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#18 Posted: 16:14:57 05/04/2018
I see what you mean, I guess. I’m sure nostalgia is a big part of that opinion too, lmao. Plus, the lighting will most likely improve as time goes on
#19 Posted: 16:17:16 05/04/2018
I see what you mean, I guess. I’m sure nostalgia is a big part of that opinion too, lmao. Plus, the lighting will most likely improve as time goes on

Oh, I don't deny it's nostalgic. So long as nostalgia doesn't negatively affect the developers or the design of their game I have no problem with it being used in criticism of a product or its critic! The above posters give better examples than I as to why it's different. smilie
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#20 Posted: 16:18:52 05/04/2018
Really digging Nestor’s redesign!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#21 Posted: 16:33:44 05/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I like TfB's art design more. smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#22 Posted: 16:46:31 05/04/2018
Yeah, the new design just looks so pretty to me. I like the original look, for sure, but I don't mind that it's different. The originals aren't going anywhere and these new games will be a great alternate way to experience that classic gameplay.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#23 Posted: 17:28:08 05/04/2018
Yeah, as long as the feel is the same, ya know? Smooth controls plus camera, and GOOD soundtracks, cause, come on, that is something crash didn't had, the unique music, that Spyro delivered so well back then. So recognizable too.
---
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#24 Posted: 18:26:43 05/04/2018
Quote: dark52
O_O that thief...

[User Posted Image]

oh my goodness.................

but is anybody seeing this thief's face, though...? XD
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
MechaAshura20 Green Sparx Gems: 409
#25 Posted: 14:50:05 30/05/2018
Quote: dark52
smilie that thief...

[User Posted Image]

#Blackface
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me