Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Dream Job! (or, what you'd like to be when you grow up)
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Dream Job! (or, what you'd like to be when you grow up)
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 05:40:15 28/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Just blurt out your dreams and aspirations for the world to hear!! Maybe tell us why you'd love to do that particular job, or what steps you're taking (or want to take) to achieve those dreams!
Let's support and encourage everyone, because [in zootopia] you can be whatever you want to be!
And yes, being a mum/dad definitely counts as a job! It's one of the most important jobs in the world.

Some of you might already know that I'd like to be a tattoo artist! I love to draw, and I want my art to make people happy! I'm currently undertaking an art course because the boss of the tattoo parlour wants me to come out of my shell ... Hopefully after this year I can go back to the shop and continue my apprenticeship!
But it's also been a [much more unrealistic] dream of mine to work as a concept artist for games, movies, or television series!
However if none of those work out, I've actually thought about being a mortician or embalmer.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#2 Posted: 05:43:18 28/03/2018
But, I don't wanna grow up. I wanna be a Toys R Us kid
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#3 Posted: 05:50:46 28/03/2018
above all else, I would want to be pop star...! i'd love my music to go places one of these days. :-)

if not that, I am definitely down to be an artist/painter forever and ever! or a writer. I love all of the arts, and i'd be happy (to continue, really, because I already sort of do) make a living off of doing just that! ^_^

good topic idea, bolt! and by the way, concept artist is not unrealistic for you, I sure know I would hire you in a heartbeat with those skills, omg! X3
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#4 Posted: 06:21:24 28/03/2018
my first choice is doing story work at nintendo of america or blizzard! i like to think im a good writer and id love to put my skills to use at a company that really means something to me. screenwriting or cinematography or even the ****ing coffee girl for a MCU film would be pretty damn cool too!

right now im majoring in secondary education with a history concentration and minoring in creative writing, with three associates degrees in liberal arts, sociology, and history already under my belt thanks to community college courses. for the foreseeable future im kinda stuck as a high school history teacher, since everyone always told me to aim low because my dreams are impossible. so right now im focusing on like my 5th choice.

if even TEACHING fails as a career choice for me, id like to fix retro game consoles for my local game store or open a flower shop. if those fail idk worlds worst stripper i guess.

Quote: Seiki

sadly you can no longer do that ;~;
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#5 Posted: 07:37:16 28/03/2018
Quote: Vespi
Quote: Seiki

sadly you can no longer do that ;~;

;~;

---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#6 Posted: 08:35:46 28/03/2018
I'd love to be a Heavy Metal singer, but I can't sing. So I'll stick with wanting to be a lyricist, but not being inspired enough to make original tunes. I'd love to be a bass guitarist if I could commit to it. Or a drummer if I had the patience. Or an author if I had the skill. Or a game podcaster if I weren't so shy. Or dead. I could do that. Just lying down, not having to talk to other people, able to hear myself think and I get a nice box made of wood. I've always liked boxes. It'd have to have air con though.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#7 Posted: 08:36:50 28/03/2018
Either of the following

• Concept artist
  • Comic book artist
  • Web comic artist

Or something among those lines.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#8 Posted: 10:02:09 28/03/2018
I wanna make cartoons!

More specifically, I want to be a storyboard artist/character designer for a TV Show/Movie/whatever! I love animation and any chance to work in that field would be a dream come true.

I also maybe want my own show too!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#9 Posted: 10:47:29 28/03/2018
Concept artist for games/movies(especially enemy design), or cover illustrator for kids-teens books(especially fantasy). Both of them need a strong portfolio and connections, which I'm trying to get while I can't go job hunting at the book publishers.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#10 Posted: 11:46:03 28/03/2018
1:Video Game Designer(Probs Nintendo)
2:Vet
3:Ruler of the World
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#11 Posted: 12:23:16 28/03/2018
AN ACTOR!

Ever since I was a spry young pup, I've always wanted to be one, and just not at least trying for it now, after so long, feels wrong. I know I've got the talent, Ic just gotta work hard and start fro mthe very bottom, gotta have a strategy to it, take risks and be smart.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Shibaru Yellow Sparx Gems: 1133
#12 Posted: 13:47:13 28/03/2018
A dragon
---
G3MINI, Biggest bubbleton on Mixer.
Hi Lindsey. - Taylor Swift
Asdra#7043 on Discord
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#13 Posted: 14:17:14 28/03/2018
A writer, mainly of fantasy, science-fiction, and horror books.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#14 Posted: 14:22:57 28/03/2018
I want to be the admin at darkSpyro.net
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#15 Posted: 14:38:06 28/03/2018
[User Posted Image]
- - -
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#16 Posted: 14:56:03 28/03/2018
Honestly, it's always been a dream of mine to work in the Broadway industry...but the problem with that is that it's always been a very toxic industry. Every time I try my hand at being a theater kid again, I'm always met with petty drama and egocentric people with only a few good eggs in the bunch. If that's what it takes to get experience in the industry, then I want no part in the actual industry itself. So it's one of those dreams where it's not necessarily "They're too big to shoot for" but more or so "I like the idea of it but the reality is too much for me so maybe not lmao"

So now I'm on my way to pursuing my second dream: being part of the creative force that create stories! I'm studying creative writing at the moment, and I'm considering getting a Masters. Once I get my degree, I plan to try and apply for different gaming companies, movie industries, indie companies, Youtube channels, TV industries, or publishing companies. As long as I am part of the process and make an impact, then I am fulfilling my dreams.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:56:57 28/03/2018 by TheFlyingSeal
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#17 Posted: 16:34:22 28/03/2018
Well I'm currently studying to be a medical scientist, but I've never really had the idea of a dream job.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#18 Posted: 16:36:31 28/03/2018
Become Hugh Hefner heir ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#19 Posted: 17:03:41 28/03/2018
Lawyer probably.
#20 Posted: 18:00:22 28/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Wow, it's astounding to see so many people aiming for a creative job! I really, really love that!
Good luck everyone! I've seen most of your guys' stuff and you're all definitely well on your ways to getting there!! c':

Quote: Johnbonne
I'd love to be a Heavy Metal singer, but I can't sing. So I'll stick with wanting to be a lyricist, but not being inspired enough to make original tunes. I'd love to be a bass guitarist if I could commit to it. Or a drummer if I had the patience. Or an author if I had the skill. Or a game podcaster if I weren't so shy. Or dead. I could do that. Just lying down, not having to talk to other people, able to hear myself think and I get a nice box made of wood. I've always liked boxes. It'd have to have air con though.

No, man, if you put your mind to it I'm so sure that you can break into one of these! (Haha, when I was little I had a thing for wanting to be a bass guitarist too) Stop looking for excuses and just take the leap! You're already writing some music, aren't you? Well, you're already miles better than a lot of us at that! If you want it bad enough, inspiration and motivation will come. You just have to give it patience and try not to force it out too much. c':
---
I draw stuff.
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#21 Posted: 18:53:14 28/03/2018
A Toys R Us Kid

Oh wait can't

Then youtuber
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#22 Posted: 18:54:36 28/03/2018
clown
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#23 Posted: 19:50:49 28/03/2018
criminologist
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#24 Posted: 22:20:27 28/03/2018
i want to be the big baloney
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#25 Posted: 23:10:56 28/03/2018
Quote: 84skylanderdude

that is impossible. Only I can be the big baloney.
---
LittleLordie Blue Sparx Gems: 876
#26 Posted: 23:26:39 28/03/2018
I’m interested in a few different professions: lawyer, biologist or something in the medical field, paleontologist, zoologist, herpetologist, and the most unlikely: author.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#27 Posted: 23:47:18 28/03/2018
Quote: Chompy-King257

you are a baloney phoney
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#28 Posted: 23:47:58 28/03/2018
Writer. Specifically I want to be a film critic. Unfortunately I'm not very good at it.
---
Hahahahaha
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#29 Posted: 00:23:52 29/03/2018
when I grow up, I wanna be a cartoon character
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#30 Posted: 01:08:53 29/03/2018

i hate women like you, i'll kill you for this
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#31 Posted: 10:35:25 29/03/2018
Quote: Carmelita Fox

you are a baloney phoney

How could you say something like that?!

i hate women like you, i'll kill you for this

not if I kill me first
---
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#32 Posted: 15:23:24 29/03/2018
Quote: Vespi
my first choice is doing story work at nintendo of america or blizzard! i like to think im a good writer and id love to put my skills to use at a company that really means something to me.

blizzard does not hire good writers
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#33 Posted: 13:23:27 01/04/2018
DREAM job would be becoming an international pop sensation smilie

REAL job is come September I should be starting what you American's called 'grad school' at a top university to become an environmental health practitioner aka a 'health inspector'.
#34 Posted: 18:01:35 01/04/2018
Quote: Ice Dragoness
DREAM job would be becoming an international pop sensation ;)

REAL job is come September I should be starting what you American's called 'grad school' at a top university to become an environmental health practitioner aka a 'health inspector'.

we have the same dream job, let's team up and become a pop duo
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#35 Posted: 18:27:20 01/04/2018
I have never had a dream job. I guess that one potential dream was to be a succesful guitarist in a power metal band. But obviously I lack of certain ambition to pursue that.

I also don't have any dream "real job" as well. That is mainly because I really have no strong enough of interest to anything in life. But If my plans go as wanted, I should start studying information technology this autumn. But as for the time being it is cleaning all the way.

Of course the ultimate dream is to win in a lottery and invest the money to rational accounts live off the interest etc. and just live the rest of my days doing things that I actually like to do, not what I have to do.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#36 Posted: 19:37:18 01/04/2018
Teaching in Korea has pretty much become my dream job. I'm loving it so far and I'll probably keep teaching English even when I eventually move back to the US.

Oh wait...I'm Dark Muffin Man right now....

Er, I mean my dream job is to monopolize the world's food supply and then force everyone to eat muffins made out of live kittens.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Emperor_Mustard Blue Sparx Gems: 628
#37 Posted: 00:24:08 02/04/2018
My dream job is to be an architect. I have immense respect for the field and want to learn more about it. I will probably write on the side, too.
---
And this battle shall be the delicious mustard on that bread! The mustard of your doom!
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#38 Posted: 01:02:43 02/04/2018
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Well I'm currently studying to be a medical scientist, but I've never really had the idea of a dream job.

Same here. I’m going into biochemistry and I’d love to work in a lab, but the details are fuzzy on what specific job in what specific area that would be!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#39 Posted: 01:51:37 02/04/2018
I wanna be taller when I grow up
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:52:00 02/04/2018 by Crash10
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10163
#40 Posted: 02:05:30 02/04/2018
Quote: Crash10
I wanna be taller when I grow up

Be sure to request a rational limit for that. You don't want to grow too tall. Trust me.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3900
#41 Posted: 00:30:17 05/01/2020
something artsy. maybe an animator or comic artist
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#42 Posted: 00:38:31 05/01/2020
old bump this one. so old i already posted in it...!

P O P S T A R ~ ~ ~ ~
---
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8600
#43 Posted: 02:16:55 05/01/2020
My dream job would be an astronaut. I always loved space and science when I was little. To learn the mystery of the universe and discover new things and just to look out at the stars.
---
SC
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4381
#44 Posted: 02:18:21 05/01/2020
Multi-Media Artist! I'd also love to voice act, do art commissions, write, and program for video games... And practically do anything with video games in general lol. Ever since playing Spyro, it has been my dream to make games.
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#45 Posted: 23:44:03 06/01/2020
Game developer. An indie game developer to be specific, I want to be free to be creative. I have a ton of ideas for an RPG, just need to refine them and learn to code and some other stuff. Though I seem to be doing well in my programming course right now, so that’s a good sign.
---
Soon.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#46 Posted: 00:14:21 07/01/2020
big joe
#47 Posted: 04:33:11 07/01/2020 | Topic Creator
I would still like to be a tattoo artist eventually, but at the moment I'm more focused on the fine arts side of things! SO I guess I'd like to break it big making my ceramic animals one day <3
And I got a side gig on a cute little indie game project doing visual developement, so I guess I have my foot in the door if I ever want to pursue freelance illustration/design? Though I'm not so much into that now after hearing stories about the gaming and movie/tv industry lmao. Too much stress for me when it comes to crunch time and abusive bosses I think.

AND for real jobs to support me while I develop my art career? I very much want to work in disability care on the graveyard shift for this company up the mountains. The boss up there already loves me so I think I'm pretty set, and they're always looking for staff. I just need to get my license. >:T

Till then, I'm working causal at the butcher shop while I study for my art degree PFFT
---
I draw stuff.
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7178
#48 Posted: 04:36:53 07/01/2020
I want to be a veterinarian. But honestly, anything to do with animals is fine by me. The degree I’m going after right now, it has me wanting to work the racehorse tracks to do all the medical lab testing :>

Honestly, a dang training jockey for thoroughbred horses would be my favorite thing to do because they are so big
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me