Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Customer Stories Version 2
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1 Posted: 21:29:52 16/03/2018 | Topic Creator
The last thread died.

-One woman who commented on a giant photo we have of a male elk we have hanging above the cashier station. Now, I understand if she had never seen an elk before. But she says, "Oh is she pregnant?" I was confused for a second, and then she montioned towards the photo above my head. I just replied with "Ma'am that is a male" She went "Oh. Well he's very fat" and then walked away.

-Another lady got up and arms because her son wanted an antler lamp, like the one we have. She said "we shouldn't kill animals and take the things they use to survive" But she said it in a very rude tone, it actually surprised. The child, who was about 5 or 6 said "But mama, deer horns fall off by themselves!" the woman was very embarrassed and walked out with her kid in a hurry.

-There was a man who claimed we were racists because his order didn't come out first. He ordered fish, which takes a while to cook.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 21:56:32 16/03/2018
where did you work that sold antler lamps
#3 Posted: 22:34:02 16/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: ZapNorris
where did you work that sold antler lamps

we don't sell them, we use them as decor.

i work in a restaurant and the theme is "country"
---
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#4 Posted: 23:35:53 16/03/2018
We have 3 questions customers always ask which I like to call the "Unholy Trinity"

One of which is "Where are your donuts?"

The donuts are in a big, unmissable case
Right behind them
We just point and they say thank you

There's also a case in the gas station which is on the other side of the store, so I typically tell them they're in the gas station.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4343
#5 Posted: 07:47:50 17/03/2018
I wonder if there is another story about Larry..
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6323
#6 Posted: 14:12:32 17/03/2018
Quote: Eevee88

I have some Larry stories I forgot to post, nothing new will happen now though since he's banned from the store. Unless he tries to come back in again...

One time I was on break and I was sitting at a table by the deli and playing on my phone and Larry walks over and says "What are you doing on your telephone?" And I nearly jumped out of my skin. He said some stuff about how people are on their phones a lot now or something. I can't remember what other weird stuff he said really, but I wanted him to go away since I was on break. He always just kinda leaves in the middle of a conversation and that's what he did then.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#7 Posted: 02:01:33 18/03/2018
I can never see myself doing work that involves speaking to customers. Bosses and co-workers? No problem. Customers? I'd probably be like Craig from Malcolm in the Middle. I'm that bad.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12083
#8 Posted: 02:26:52 18/03/2018
one of my co-workers showed me and the assistant manager a dick pic she got on tinder and it was one of the most disgusting dicks i've ever seen
said co-worker is also frequently abandons me to go talk to older men instead of doing work
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:29:02 18/03/2018 by Carmelita Fox
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#9 Posted: 09:20:21 18/03/2018
Welp I do have stories to tell but they are not really in the a okay. More like kind of disturbing imo. If it's too bad then it's in the spoilers.

1. Lost keys

One day a elderly woman was calling in after lunch time at the Senior Center about a missing set of keys. This is pretty normal considering the Senior Center. But as the day went on, my co-workers couldn't quite handle this woman so I had to be on the phone. So we talked then I searched around the Senior Center and across the street at the credit union. No luck. So I got a call back on the phone and apologized to the woman. The woman broke down, practically sobbing. Fearing that she was gonna get beat by her husband and went on about how she was raped and the inequality then. As well as all the other bad **** she has gone through. All I could say was "I am sorry that happened to you". To which she replied "It's alright you're doing good. It's not your fault.". Then as the Senior Center was closing I was asked to check out and the back of the building 1 last time. I still haven't seen any keys..

2. Old man Lenerd
While working at the Senior Center, I was met with this Elderly man named "Lenerd" who would chat and chat my ear off nearly all work day as well as any young volunteers there. The other young volunteers were mostly women, usually a lot younger than me (and either nearing or above my height. I am small). But he seemed like a pretty nice guy so I didn't think much of it.

Day 3 on my job, I invited my mom for lunch since she randomly popped up so we sat down with Lenerd and company things went pretty well, mom got called pretty a lot. I didn't think anything was wrong at the time either. This is going to come back though.

So while doing my job, Lenerd comes up to me while a coworker was around. To talk to me about medication for male genitalia and that he was impressed by the odd medical break through. My protective Coworker (We'll call her Chill Aunt because she is super freaking chill most of the time. Got nice and funny stories from her) went berserk and told him to get to his seat. Then she told me not to sit with him during lunch (now recalling that actually). Which I forgot at the time and sat down with him, then Chill Aunt yells at Lenerd, which put me and a few others off lunch for quite a bit. After eating some of lunch I was taken back and explained the situation further from one of my bosses (Short Boss) and was also calmed down basically given the same instructions. Chill Aunt comes back explaining that she's sorry for the yelling and that she only has the best intentions (which I can believe tbh. It takes a lot to honestly piss her off). So I calmed down and decided to not sit at the same table as Lenerd. I explained the situation to my mom because talking about it helps me. Mom then explained how she got bad vibes from Lenerd. She failed to tell me this earlier is the part that kind of makes me upset. She strongly approves of Chill Aunt's intentions though. So I did not sit at the same table of Lenerd and tried ya know getting him to stay in his seat so he won't talk my ear off as I worked. But his story doesn't end here, no sir. (Bad vibes level 2 there)

A few weeks later we got some beauty pageant participates in at the Senior Center (probably to get votes or something. Idk they get guests there a good portion of the time). During that Lenerd seemed to be up to not very good things and according to Chill Aunt, tried touching one of the girls. But Chill Aunt stepped in his way to stop him. Chill Aunt reported this, but the staff couldn't do much thanks to the lack of eye witnesses. (Which gave me bad vibes level 3 or Nervous wreck issues).

I believe after that week, Lenerd was talking some **** on Chill Aunt. Loud enough that other seniors could hear it. Calling Chill Aunt a *****. After lunch that day I was having trouble with the computers (They only had vista computers. I did receive because of that.) so I was gonna ask Chill Aunt for help and she was explaining to the Big Boss (who loves Vista btw) about the Lenerd situation, so I just waited by the door for my turn. Lenerd pops up and yells to Big Boss about the situation a month ago at the time, and Chill Aunt was like "That was over a month ago, it gives you know right to call me a '*****'". In front of Big Boss, who dismisses them both and I was got spooked and said "I just needed help with the computers" to which Big Boss said "oh yeah, Short Boss is outside at the moment. Go let her know about the computer issues. Hopefully she'll be right in". So I did and got the computer issue solved (solved being mild, because ancient computers).

Next day from that I was working the lunch desk. Where I greet people and give them food tickets. I was told from Short Boss that if Lenerd comes in, let her know. Which I did. Short Boss picks up some paperwork and talks to Lenerd. After the talk, Lenerd was shown the door via Short Boss, but along the way he said "*****" and I was surprised (Confirms that earlier situation on the **** talk), Chill Aunt got a laugh out of my expression. Lenerd was kicked out of the Senior Center and Chill Aunt felt 110%. I felt comfy af afterwards and I was only nervous when talking to my friend who has down syndrome. That said. That was the legacy that was Lenard the old man.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:29:28 18/03/2018 by Trix Master 100
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 15:27:11 18/03/2018
Quote: Big Green

I have some Larry stories I forgot to post, nothing new will happen now though since he's banned from the store. Unless he tries to come back in again...

One time I was on break and I was sitting at a table by the deli and playing on my phone and Larry walks over and says "What are you doing on your telephone?" And I nearly jumped out of my skin. He said some stuff about how people are on their phones a lot now or something. I can't remember what other weird stuff he said really, but I wanted him to go away since I was on break. He always just kinda leaves in the middle of a conversation and that's what he did then.

Who's Larry I wanna know
---
Bruh
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7038
#11 Posted: 21:47:32 18/03/2018
I’m glad I don’t have to deal with customers where I work. Although they do make for some good stories.

My coworkers on the other hand can be hella frustrating. smilie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#12 Posted: 21:51:10 18/03/2018
I remember I was working and we had a mom come in with like 5 toddlers and they were running all over the store. They weren't too much of a problem besides one - this kid (about 4 or 5) that literally spat and drooled all over a glass display case. We had to wipe it down after.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#13 Posted: 23:41:28 18/03/2018
today a child walked in and looked me dead in the eye and said "the slushy machine is like a cement mixer"
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#14 Posted: 23:41:30 18/03/2018
Today I was ushering at the theater. I was handing out programs and this slightly older gentleman shook his head at me and said “No thanks, I can’t read.” I thought he was messing with me at first, so I smiled and said, “Oh, really?” He was like “Yeah, I can’t see anything anyway because it’s too dark in here.” At this point I was thinking oh crap, he’s serious and apologized. He said it was alright and wandered off. I feel like a terrible person. smilie
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
#15 Posted: 02:12:54 19/03/2018
Quote: Crash10

Who's Larry I wanna know

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=117483
Here's the old thread, I shared a lot of stories about him. Have fun <3
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#16 Posted: 03:34:02 19/03/2018
Idiots who don't know how to order.

"Can I get a bagel."

"Okay, what ki-"

"With Cream cheese"

"Okay what kind"

"A Bagel, toasted."

"Sure, but what kind?"

"A BAGEL!"

"Plain? Everything? Four Cheese?"

"Yes."
#17 Posted: 05:33:46 19/03/2018 | Topic Creator
^ Saaaame

"What kind of chocolate, milk or dark?"
"Yes"

my personal favorite is when people walk by the bathroom and then ask where the bathroom is
---
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4123
#18 Posted: 00:32:17 20/03/2018
Okay, I have quite a few.

I work at the local cheap theater and we get movies once the big theater Marcus is done with them. I clean auditoriums once the movie is over but we can't start cleaning until everyone is out. So we're waiting to clean out Ferdinand and there are two men and a woman, all about in their fifties. After the "epic funny mid credits scene", right when the cast list is scrolling up, the woman yells "Hey, who did the voice of Ferdinand in this thing?" So all three of them yank out their phones and go to the Marcus theaters website (Our competition, and why would you look there first?) To figure out the cast WHILE THE CAST LIST WAS ON SCREEN IN FRONT OF THEM. They didn't leave until all of the credits were over.

A man in his late forties came to see Despicable Me 3 by himself. He came out and said "I didn't realize that I'd missed a second movie before this one". It's called Despicable Me 3 but okay. Half an hour later, I'm ripping tickets at the door and he comes back. I assume he's here to see something else but then he hands me a ticket for Despicable Me 3. He was like "I just couldn't stop thinking about it, I had to see it again."

When we had Darkest Hour nobody could get the title right. People asked for "Darkest Moment" or "Dark Minute" or "Darkest Year" or just "The Chuchill movie". One small older lady came in and a coworker of mine was like "What are you seeing?" She turned and yelled to her husband across the lobby "WHAT MOVIE?"
He's like "DARKEST HOUR"
She yells back "DOCTOR SOUR?"
He shrugs. She turns back to my coworker who's barely keeping it together and says matter of factly "Doctor Sour"

We were showing the religious animated film The Star. There was one family in there. The kid was silent the whole time, but the scene where Jesus is born, he screamed "LOOK AT THE STUPID BABY!"

I just remembered my best and most insane story but it's quite long so I'll share it another time.
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
#19 Posted: 01:59:19 20/03/2018 | Topic Creator
-one guy got mad at me cause i didnt count $7.00 dollars back to him
-one family bought 5 pounds of chocolate covered gummy bears...right after I stocked them up.
-one group of teen (3 of them) sat at our biggest table, a family of about 6 walks in afterwards. parents gave the teens dagger eyes
---
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#20 Posted: 03:45:43 20/03/2018
I could fill this topic up with soooo many ridiculous stories, lol.

i'm going to try to type up a few for tomorrow, lol, this is a very good topic to have
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#21 Posted: 03:39:23 26/03/2018
i was trying to sleep but i cant get what happened today off my mind

>three young dickheads walk into the store, two of them are wearing condoms on their heads
>dick around for a couple of minutes
>one condomhead walks out for five minutes
>comes back in screaming at the other condomhead about a girl or something, "IF U TOUCH HER AGAIN I'LL KILL U," and starts throwing punches
>other condomhead runs outside and the assaulter chases after, throwing more punches. other guy's head hits the store window.
>another customer calls the cops, but the one who started the fight ran off.
>other condomhead has to go to hospital from lack of circulation while wearing a condom on his head and banging it on the window.

i can't even make this **** up
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#22 Posted: 03:57:44 26/03/2018
Oh my god. This is why I'm glad that I don't work in customer service.
(Though I can't image a tattoo parlour being any better. Don't know if I'm looking forward to working there some day or not. Well, I might have some interesting stories to tell here then lol.)

But Carm, that is literally the best thing I've heard all day. I haven't laughed like that in awhile. The last bit caught me completely off guard.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6428
#23 Posted: 04:12:05 26/03/2018
Two teenage girls got in a fight the other day at Walmart over glitter slime or something in the stationary isle. I was the only one who saw and had to call security. Turns out security wasn't there so the managers had to deal with it. Missed the ending.

Someone a few days ago wanted us to sell professional photos to them that they found on facebook. We told her, "They are professional photos, we can't sell them without a release from the photographer." She replied with, "OH MY GOD, they aren't professional, I found them on Facebook! They are of a tattoo model!" Obviously she didn't realize professional photos could be on Facebook so we tried to explain but she was too angry. She got on the phone and said, "These WALMART PEOPLE are trying to tell me I can't have my own photos!" Finally we made her sign a form that said if we are sued by the photographer, she is responsible for any damages. Then her husband left with her after having an interview to try to get a job at Walmart too. I hope he doesn't get the job because wow I never want to see her again.

Also, there's a guy who walks around Walmart nearly every single day dressed in full cowboy regalia. Holster, spurs, wide brimmed hat, beat up jacket. Summer or winter, he's always dressed like that. I need to find out what his story is...
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#24 Posted: 04:48:09 27/03/2018
Quote: Carmelita Fox

>three young dickheads walk into the store, two of them are wearing condoms on their heads
>comes back in screaming at the other condomhead about a girl or something, "IF U TOUCH HER AGAIN I'LL KILL U," and starts throwing punches
>other condomhead runs outside and the assaulter chases after, throwing more punches. other guy's head hits the store window.
>other condomhead has to go to hospital from lack of circulation while wearing a condom on his head and banging it on the window.

carm, as it turns out, I know the two condomheads...

look, here's a pic I took of them...

[User Posted Image]

saw them at my bank, too...

[User Posted Image]
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#25 Posted: 15:45:15 27/03/2018

was it really late at night?
#26 Posted: 15:50:34 27/03/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

HOLY **** BRO ITS THEM

surprisingly no. it was like around 6:30 PM. i think they were a bunch of potheads though.
#27 Posted: 02:03:34 28/03/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

HOLY **** BRO ITS THEM

surprisingly no. it was like around 6:30 PM. i think they were a bunch of potheads though.

Did they look like this?

[User Posted Image]
#28 Posted: 02:49:03 09/04/2018
today somebody walked in wearing a dinosaur costume
he just bought a bag of ice and left
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:49:33 09/04/2018 by Carmelita Fox
#29 Posted: 03:28:53 09/04/2018 | Topic Creator
today somebody walked in wearing a dinosaur costume
he just bought a bag of ice and left

that was me, sorry
---
#30 Posted: 02:04:36 23/05/2019
I no longer have a job working with the public (YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY) but I'll probably have some occasional fun stuff to post here. I work an IT service desk for a large engineering firm, and i got a ticket that said something like "Winzip does not open my zip wins for winzip" and now I am going to start calling files zip wins. I think that guy was an electrical engineer or something along those lines. really nice, not sure if he was a space cadet or calling it zip wins as a joke

the only other more noteworthy thing so far is when we got a ticket from the vice president of the company and we all collectively **** our pants, except one guy who is one of the best on our team and has been there longer took it no issue
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:29 23/05/2019 by Big Green
#31 Posted: 02:27:30 23/05/2019
So Walmart caught on fire a few days ago and they evacuated. A customer came up to some managers and asked, "Is the building on fire?" Manager said, "Yes." Customer said, "Are they still letting people in the building to shop?" Manager, "No." Then they drove away.

[User Posted Image]
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8512
#32 Posted: 02:57:11 23/05/2019
I work in the back of a bakery where I frost our cakes, so unfortunately, I don't have a lot of stories. The ones I DO have are basically the ones I hear from the people who work upfront, or any that affect us workers in the back.

One hilarious story still sticks in my mind, because it was a conversation I overheard while a co-worker was on the phone taking a customer's order. My bakery is called Nothing Bundt Cakes, and as the name suggests, we only sell different flavors and sizes of bundt cakes. Literally no other types of cakes. A lady calls in wanting to get a decorated birthday cake. One of my co-workers asks what size and flavor she wants. Then the woman asks "What's the largest sheet cake you have?"

My co-worker says "Ma'am, this is Nothing Bundt Cakes. We only have bundt cakes."

"You guys don't have sheet cakes?"

"Only bundt cakes, ma'am. There are many other places that will do sheet cakes for you, but unfortunately, we don't offer them."

I remember overhearing the conversation and my whole brain just went
[User Posted Image]
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#33 Posted: 01:24:52 24/05/2019
Today I had to remote into someone's computer, I don't remember what his issue was but he had a chrome window open and had googled "what does ☹ mean"
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#34 Posted: 03:30:40 24/05/2019
today someone i bagged groceries for was wearing a sexy furry shirt. it looked like a custom. i couldnt look him in the eyes
#35 Posted: 03:35:38 24/05/2019
This kid asked me if we had blue raspberry frosting/if it was real and I told her no and her mom said after I walked away to get someone that we don't have it because we're not a real bakery
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#36 Posted: 13:03:47 24/05/2019
I used to work at a secondhand games/console/electronics shop and I have some wild stories. i'm really ill rn but i'll leave you with the guy who gave us his laptop and while my coworker was checking through it, he found granny p*rn...i wish i was joking.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#37 Posted: 17:23:13 24/05/2019
g r e a t
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#38 Posted: 13:13:32 25/05/2019
The other day I got a call saying the TVs in the fitness center went out... So I sent a ticket over to the team that deals with that. Later I got an email saying the ticket I submitted was resolved, and it said something like "The HDMI cable for the TV that was "out" was unplugged"
#39 Posted: 08:12:51 26/05/2019 | Topic Creator
>teenaged daughter has mother buy her a skimpy outfit
>dad comes in 45ish minutes later to return it.

that was the highlight of my day to be honest
---
Ezio Hunter Gems: 7168
#40 Posted: 14:27:32 26/05/2019
Quote: parisruelz12
>teenaged daughter has mother buy her a skimpy outfit
>dad comes in 45ish minutes later to return it.

that was the highlight of my day to be honest

honestly. that’s hilarious
---
"The cowboy has always been a dying breed
But he takes his dying slowly, perched upon his steed."
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#41 Posted: 15:10:00 26/05/2019
me: mam we're closed
her: you need to change your attitude you work customer service

me: sir we're closed
him: can't you just make a new food in the back
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:13:18 26/05/2019 by somePerson
#42 Posted: 16:38:36 03/06/2019
So I have QUITE a story for you all. Possibly one of the greatest to grace this site. First off you CANNOT buy nudes, thong photos, or photos of nearly touching yourself inappropriately at a walmart. The woman demanded her nudes and swore at the workers. One worker said not to speak to us like that. She started screaming at that worker. Then the person I was helping at the register asked her to stop swearing. She threatened the one I was helping. The cops were called by the person I was helping. All the while I am calling management on the overhead PA system, and being increasingly agitated by them not responding. Finally the police show up with a manager. The cops take the angry woman out of the store. It was NUTS. I had to fill out a police report too. I was also called horrible names that day and was stuck running a whole truck of freight on my own because the night people didn't.
#43 Posted: 00:58:21 04/06/2019
This lady just got super pissed at me because she came in to pick up an order of a dozen Caramel Croissants. We didn't have an order of caramel croissants. She got mad and claimed she called us and even made sure it was our store. Here's the thing, there are 4 of our stores in town. Us and the "Main" store as we call it, are right next to eachother in the phonebook, so close that people often call one thinking they're calling the other, which is why we try to start every phonecall with "Northhill" somewhere to show that we are the Northhill store, but people still ask us which store we are but that's a different rant. Anyway, so I already know that she probably called a different store, so I go and call the Main store and lo and behold, they have her order and I tell her that the Main store has it and she's still angry like "I know I called this store and I even asked them if it was the Northhill one" and she left with a huff and I'm like, well obviously you didn't ma'm :)
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#44 Posted: 05:55:55 18/08/2019
Hi it's midnight and I'm a little out of it but It's still on my mind and I have to put it somewhere else and i'm going to Double Post™ because ahahahah

So this is the first time I ever cried at work because of a customer and this happened like 3 days ago.
So I'm refilling Taster Spoons into a package, when another employee comes over and is like 'Hey this lady needs your help ordering a cake I think" And I'm like ok, weird you didn't take the order but whatever. See i'm a little out of it because I was in my own world and suddenly i'm helping a customer. So I'm polite and ask her "Hi, how can I help you?" she somewhat mumbles "Can I get a dbfba cake?" And i'm like "I'm sorry?" and she responds, a little annoyed, "Can I get an Eagle Scouts cake?" and I'm like oh yeah sure. So I grab a notepad and ask her for what day she wants it for and she gives me an annoyed look like 'August 22nd?" and I'm like oh ok, maybe she told me before but I was trying to understand what she was wanting. So I go to the calendar and accidentally say the wrong day but right date, and she's like "No, Thursday" and i'm like oh ok so I write it down and yes, it was my fault because I accidentally wrote August 8th instead of August 22nd. Simple mistake, right? She asks me "Can I order a cake for the 8th?" and I'm like "uhhh? The 8th? like last week?" and she points to my paper and says "Look at what you wrote" I apologize and go to fix it but she says "You're not listening to me and it's kind of pissing me off" And i'm like??? what? I apologize again confused saying i'll change the day and she just keeps saying you're not listening to me so I ask her if she'd like to talk to a cake decorator, in which she again says I'm not listening and says yes.

So I go to grab the cake decorator who is squatting in the side talking to the other, and as i'm there I overhear her grab another employee and I'm not sure exactly what she says, but the employee responds "Oh we make great cakes don't you worry it'll be perfect" and she, all high and mighty, is like "Well i'm not very confident" So the cake decorator goes over and the lady explains like "i kept saying the day but they kept getting it wrong and.." idk what else she says so I just go in the back and try not to cry as this lady was basically saying I was ****ing stupid. And I was getting upset that something this dumb was making me upset so it was even better so I just kinda stand in the back of the bakery and cry while cursing her out in my head lol.

anyway, I admit that yes I was making the mistake of writing the wrong date but she was going completely overboard about the whole thing when it's an easy fix that I would notice the minute I read the order back. the other cake decorator said later that she knew the lady and that she was a year above her in school and she was a massive ***** so I felt a little better lol. I'm 20 and I cried because a lady said I was basically stupid and pissing her off lololol
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:03:49 18/08/2019 by DragonCamo
#45 Posted: 12:36:47 18/08/2019
^ I hated when customers did that stuff, they don't act like employees are human too. Everyone makes mistakes, and that one is harmless and easy to fix so it's not like you did any harm.

The only stuff I got anymore is weird work stories. The other day I got a call from someone who created a file and then it said he did not have permission to access it. Also when clicking on a drive on his computer, it bitlockered asking for a recovery key. Easy enough fix but weird that it only did it for that one drive, since usually the whole computer is supposed to lock like that when it thinks it's being stolen. I put in the key for his computer number and it didn't take it. Then he explained to me that he recently got this computer when his old one had a big enough issue that it needed to be replaced... but instead of using crashplan to back up his stuff, they just moved the drive from his old machine into this new one so he didn't lose any files. That's fine and dandy normally but not for a work computer because this poor thing locked up that drive EVERY TIME it booted on because the old drive is still tied to the old computer number, and it flipped out finding 2 OSs. The key for the wrong computer number unlocked the drive. Hopefully our hands-on team got that fixed by now.
#46 Posted: 16:36:52 24/09/2019
Right now the phone operator messed up and there is hold music playing over the intercom. Let's see how long this lasts
#47 Posted: 16:45:49 24/09/2019
It is finally over. Jeff did it
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#48 Posted: 19:31:37 25/09/2019
I love these stories I feel like we’re all sitting at our laptops in duvets crying together
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#49 Posted: 03:15:26 27/09/2019
Another thing that happened was we had issues with canon printer drivers on just a few computers looking for printers that should have been removed after the users left a certain office, so the laptops would look for the printers and find a UPS instead. The UPS would get mad about being probed and it generates an error email sent to our infrastructure support inbox. The deal is that this happens every 3 seconds, so the inbox had over 14,000 emails in it about this in the span of 1 day.

Quote: Jaggedstar
I love these stories I feel like we’re all sitting at our laptops in duvets crying together

good
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#50 Posted: 21:01:12 27/09/2019
This woman asked me where the 'parma ham' was in Tesco. I misheard her and thought she said 'Parmesan'. I took her to the cheese section and she just shouted "NO, PARMA HAM" like she couldn't say anything else. She didn't find it the slightest bit funny, a proper miserable git. I then took her to the parma ham and she didn't say anything. I apologised for mishearing her, still nothing.

Another woman was so angry that my trolly was in the isle, slightly in her way. She pushed one of the crates on it which only moved the crate. The trolly was left in exactly the same position. I didn't even have the chance to move the trolly before she grabbed the metal frame, turned around and gave me the most hilarious evil glare before shoving my trolly into someone else.

I don't work there anymore because my temporary contract ended.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me