Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Avalar's Flag
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1 Posted: 20:31:58 10/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Out of boredom I decided to glance at Avalar's flag.

Although, I had to look at an artists rendition as I don't think anyone has a close up picture of the flag.

[User Posted Image]

(credit to Darkius3000 on deviantart for this image)

So we have the stream, which represents Summer Forest. The golden bar, or "plain" if you will for Autumn Plains. And the Mountain is obviously Winter Tundra.

I think the blue orb at the top is supposed to be the sun. Or it could be that all 3 homeworlds are united under a single ruler and such they treat their ruler as if he or she is the sun, thus being at the very top.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#2 Posted: 20:57:29 10/03/2018
oooooooooo, thank you for sharing this! :-) I don't think I ever really looked at it that way. that is pretty cool! ^_^
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#3 Posted: 21:35:45 10/03/2018
What part of that might represent the spring home if there was one? Maybe the green points at the bottom could be a grassy meadow, split between Summer and Winter?
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#4 Posted: 21:41:02 10/03/2018
^yeah, I was just thinking about that, too. I wonder if there was something in there to represent the spring home world?

maybe the green bar above the yellow one, but that would mess up the order of the seasons...?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 23:18:10 10/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Spring would probably be the green at the bottom. But I'm not sure. Was Spring planned to be in Spyro 2?

Edit, From the Spyro Wiki

Sunrise Spring is named because of both Spyro 2 and Spyro 3's homeworld naming schemes. In Spyro 2, a Spring homeworld was absent, so they incorporated the name into the first Spyro 3 homeworld. "Sunrise" comes from Spyro 3's naming scheme, which uses the time of day.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:59 10/03/2018 by parisruelz12
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 02:59:30 11/03/2018
And then you have the italian version, which adapted “Sunrise Spring” with “Summer Spring” and left me wonder how that name fit with the more or less correctly translated other ones. smilie

By the way, I like the nod to the missing season in Gateway to Glimmer, but I’m pretty sure the name of the first Year of the Dragon’s world mainly refers to the actual water spring inside the level.

Really cool analysis of the flag by the way, hope they won’t forget to change them to Ripto’s before you free the three worlds; fingers crossed they won’t forget the various other flags scattered through the game as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me