Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
First | Previous | Page 15 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#701 Posted: 18:22:23 29/01/2019
Quote: ThunderEgg
Doesn't make sense that Steve would be a Smash fighter, because Nintendo and Microsoft are part of the big 3 video game console competitors. Currently, Nintendo and Microsoft are ENEMIES.

You know Minecraft is on Switch, right? Microsoft owns the console, and both companies have been buddy buddy recently.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#702 Posted: 18:49:52 29/01/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: ThunderEgg
Doesn't make sense that Steve would be a Smash fighter, because Nintendo and Microsoft are part of the big 3 video game console competitors. Currently, Nintendo and Microsoft are ENEMIES.

You know Minecraft is on Switch, right? Microsoft owns the console, and both companies have been buddy buddy recently.

ENEMIES!!

In all honestly, you have a good point. I forgot about their recent collaborations.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#703 Posted: 20:54:36 29/01/2019
Not to mention it's on the PlayStation as well. Pretty sure Minecraft isn't owned by Microsoft.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#704 Posted: 22:18:27 29/01/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: MugoUrth
Not to mention it's on the PlayStation as well. Pretty sure Minecraft isn't owned by Microsoft.

Microsoft's owned Mojang since 2014, and therefore they do in fact own Minecraft as well. The only reason it's still multiplatform is because it was prior to them buying it, so they decided to keep it that way because it'd make them more money that way.

Microsoft owns Mojang in the same way other big developers own studios. Nintendo with Monolith Soft and Retro Studios, Sony owns Santa Monica Studios and Naughty Dog, and Microsoft owns Mojang alongside other notable developers like Rare, 343 Industries, and Obsidian Entertainment.

Mojang isn't in the same boat as studios like HAL Labs, Intelligent Systems, and Insomniac. Those three are affiliate companies who are just on really good standing with their respective companies. While HAL and IS generally just make games for Nintendo systems, Insomniac has made games for consoles other than the PlayStation, like Sunset Overdrive. While Mojang is wholly owned by Microsoft's European division, Mojang, and by extension Microsoft has been playing really nice with Nintendo as of late, as have other companies like Epic Games and Psyonix with the rise of cross platform play. Getting a Minecraft rep isn't exactly a stretch anymore because of cross platform.

Nowadays, console manufacturers aren't exactly enemies, but more like frenemies. They're willing to play nice when it's in the interest of gamers (and thus profit), but they still want to outdo one another. Nintendo carved out its niche in the industry by just trying to do it's own thing, rather than directly compete with Sony and Microsoft, and that's why it was such a big deal when Microsoft was willing to play nice with cross platform between the Xbox and Switch, but not Sony with the PlayStation.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:30 29/01/2019 by Vespi
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#705 Posted: 01:28:18 30/01/2019
Just got the PLANT and I'm playing as him right now!

He's really good, his smash attack can kill below 100% and his recovery goes really high and does a lot of damage.
He's also playable in WOL

Partner Pikachu and Eevee are also avalible on the Spirit Board so I can finally get every spirit without having to get both games.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:43:48 30/01/2019 by exefile
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#706 Posted: 03:17:33 30/01/2019
Im convinced Edelgard is coming to Smash

we need more FE characters
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:37:08 31/01/2019 by KrystalLBX
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#707 Posted: 03:44:33 30/01/2019 | Topic Creator
PLANT IS LIVE
#708 Posted: 05:00:11 30/01/2019
Hey guys, don't play Piranha Plant in All-Star Mode, it can break your save file.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#709 Posted: 01:14:07 31/01/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
we need more FE characters

That's a controversial thing to say, oh boy.
---
Bruh
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#710 Posted: 01:16:41 31/01/2019
I'm hoping for Ryoma and Xander next. However my precognition has already foreseen Laharl, Reimu, Marisa and Irisu so I wouldn't be surprised if they fill the rest of the Pass.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#711 Posted: 03:19:34 31/01/2019
Quote: Buchi
I'm hoping for Ryoma and Xander next. However my precognition has already foreseen Laharl, Reimu, Marisa and Irisu so I wouldn't be surprised if they fill the rest of the Pass.

Of all the FE characters you could have chosen you pick not only more swords, but 3ds swords. Why.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#712 Posted: 04:04:52 31/01/2019 | Topic Creator
spear gang or bust
#713 Posted: 05:24:10 31/01/2019
Quote: ZapNorris
spear gang or bust

Axe gang or bust.
I think we have enough swords, but I wouldn't be opposed to Eldegard or Hector.

But we all know who it's really gonna be... smilie

[User Posted Image]
BARTRE, BABY
#714 Posted: 14:34:40 31/01/2019 | Topic Creator
no no no.
i'll do you one better

[User Posted Image]
#715 Posted: 01:44:09 01/02/2019
for Fox sake people, Smash Brothers doesn't need more bland Fire Emblem characters.
#716 Posted: 01:51:18 01/02/2019
for Fox sake people, Smash Brothers doesn't need more bland Fire Emblem characters.

You are wrong. What Smash needs is an entire roster of Fire Emblem characters.
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#717 Posted: 02:43:00 01/02/2019
TBF
Mario has more characters in Smash and people still want Geno
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#718 Posted: 03:40:13 01/02/2019

Have you even played a Fire Emblem game? I mean you're the same person who said "we don't need more anime characters" in regards to Joker and Cloud back in Smash 4, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Speaking of which Mugo, what makes them bland to you? If you've played the games they're from or not, I'm still curious. You've also established in the past you have disdain for "anime characters", which characters in this game are "anime" to you? I know Fire Emblem, Joker, Cloud, but would you consider characters like Snake, Ryu, or Simon "anime"? What about the almost human but still cartoonish characters like Mario, Toon Link, and Inkling, are they "anime" as well? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm genuinely curious what your criteria for "bland" and "anime" are, based on how many times you've used those words in reference to fighters.

TBF

There are nine Pokemon reps and people still want more as well. I think it's kind of stupid to say "X has too many fighters" when people still want more from Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem. If anything we don't need to cut back on fighters, but we need more from underrepresented ones, like F-Zero and Earthbound/Mother. I'm of the unpopular mindset that, save for third parties, each series should get one new rep and one echo per franchise in the next Smash, like what happened to Metroid in this one. All the franchises with lots of characters would get more characters, but so would all the first parties that desperately need more. That is IF we get a new Smash game though.

I also may be biased since I like all 4 of the over saturated franchises, but there are dozens upon dozens of iconic Mario and Zelda characters, over 800 Pokemon, and over 700 FE characters. Adding 2 more from each wouldn't make that much of a difference other than making fans of each one happy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:51:32 01/02/2019 by Vespi
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#719 Posted: 04:52:36 01/02/2019

Yes it does
---
Cool cool.
#720 Posted: 12:49:55 01/02/2019
I think the people who complained about FE in SSB4 was mostly because FE wasn't a "big" franchise so they likely would've preferred more reps for games like Star Fox and Metroid instead, or new franchises entirely. Now FE is a more popular franchise than it was before Fates it's not so bad imo. It's a lot more deserving than it was, still not as popular as Mario/Pokémon/Zelda but still relatively mainstream rather than being another minor franchise barely anyone knows about.
#721 Posted: 14:41:03 01/02/2019
I guess the only problem people have with FE characters is that four of them are pretty close from a gameplay perspective (Marth, Lucina, Roy and Chrom), and all of them are sword-based. If they went for more unique gameplay styles like Ike, Robin and Corrin for the next character and focused on something besides swords, it wouldn't be a bad thing. I guess Pokémon and Mario have more clashing and distinguishable character archetypes so it doesn't feel as repetitive as Fire Emblem characters from an outsider's view.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#722 Posted: 15:04:11 01/02/2019
What Crash said. They're ALL SWORD USERS and share too much on gameplay. No one has any problem with Mario having so many reps because they're all greatly different characters. Where's axes, where's spears, where's the pegasi.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#723 Posted: 15:25:32 01/02/2019
But on the other hand I can understand a Mario fatigue coming from non-fighter content. Mario has 18 stages, over 100 music tracks and almost 300 Spirits in Ultimate, while Pokémon has 7 stages, over 30 tracks and over 130 Spirits, and Fire Emblem has 3 stages, over 40 tracks and over 60 Spirits. And the Mario count doesn't even consider the Yoshi/Wario/DK content. It really is a big amount of Mario stuff, so I can see why some people don't want more Mario characters (or more Mario stuff in general).
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:27:09 01/02/2019 by Crash10
#724 Posted: 16:28:29 01/02/2019
Oh there's definately excess with stages, but the Mario reps are all pretty good (yes, even Piranha Plant) because everyone has different builds, speeds, gimmicks, etc. Not just what part of the sword hits the hardest or if they do their uppercut on the ground or on the air.
---
#725 Posted: 19:22:30 01/02/2019
Quote: Vespi

Have you even played a Fire Emblem game? I mean you're the same person who said "we don't need more anime characters" in regards to Joker and Cloud back in Smash 4, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Speaking of which Mugo, what makes them bland to you? If you've played the games they're from or not, I'm still curious. You've also established in the past you have disdain for "anime characters", which characters in this game are "anime" to you? I know Fire Emblem, Joker, Cloud, but would you consider characters like Snake, Ryu, or Simon "anime"? What about the almost human but still cartoonish characters like Mario, Toon Link, and Inkling, are they "anime" as well? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm genuinely curious what your criteria for "bland" and "anime" are, based on how many times you've used those words in reference to fighters.

TBF

There are nine Pokemon reps and people still want more as well. I think it's kind of stupid to say "X has too many fighters" when people still want more from Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem. If anything we don't need to cut back on fighters, but we need more from underrepresented ones, like F-Zero and Earthbound/Mother. I'm of the unpopular mindset that, save for third parties, each series should get one new rep and one echo per franchise in the next Smash, like what happened to Metroid in this one. All the franchises with lots of characters would get more characters, but so would all the first parties that desperately need more. That is IF we get a new Smash game though.

I also may be biased since I like all 4 of the over saturated franchises, but there are dozens upon dozens of iconic Mario and Zelda characters, over 800 Pokemon, and over 700 FE characters. Adding 2 more from each wouldn't make that much of a difference other than making fans of each one happy.

Yes I have played the games, and in all honesty, they are terrible. Not even the gameplay is interesting or engaging, but the stories are bog Standard & poorly written, and the main characters are all Mary Sues. And, honestly, it doesn't matter if a human character is in cartoon style or anime style, I just plain find them boring. The Fire Emblem characters, however, are incredibly flucky Bland even by the standards.
#726 Posted: 21:13:24 01/02/2019
Yes I have played the games, and in all honesty, they are terrible. Not even the gameplay is interesting or engaging, but the stories are bog Standard & poorly written, and the main characters are all Mary Sues. And, honestly, it doesn't matter if a human character is in cartoon style or anime style, I just plain find them boring. The Fire Emblem characters, however, are incredibly flucky Bland even by the standards.

Then have you played any of the other games human characters are from? It's undeniable that games like Metal Gear Solid, Bayonetta, even Mario and Zelda are oozing with their own personality, what about games like those are boring to you?

I'd really like to understand your thought process, so I'm going to ask your opinion on four specific characters, and I want to know what you find interesting/not interesting about them. How do you see Snake, Chrom, Wario, and King K Rool?

What games are you interested in if none of these don't scratch your gaming itch in any way? If you find most, if not all human or cartoon characters boring, what would your ideal Smash roster be then? What characters do YOU think should be in, who would you replace with who?
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#727 Posted: 23:23:41 01/02/2019
Also Roy is basically a Marth clone. So Chrom is a Marth clone with a different Up B. Half the FE reps are Marth.
---
Soon.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#728 Posted: 23:30:22 01/02/2019
to be honest a lot of fire emblem characters play the same and are kinda boring and simple. corrin being an exception of course
#729 Posted: 23:41:18 01/02/2019 | Topic Creator
honestly robin is the most unique of the FE Characters moveset wise
#730 Posted: 23:49:31 01/02/2019
Robin is really unique but also a bit of a shame that the books are underutilized. Still, he's the only one that's not straight up a swordsman/woman.

Corrin is the worst. He/She has the dragon form but from what I can tell the moves barely feel any different from the other FE characters doing sword slashes. Not much of a point changing it up.
---
#731 Posted: 23:56:13 01/02/2019 | Topic Creator
female corrin mains are scum
#732 Posted: 00:06:12 02/02/2019

I main female Corrin.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#733 Posted: 00:07:08 02/02/2019

does Zap is sexist?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#734 Posted: 00:42:00 02/02/2019
i use male corrin because green
---
Soon.
#735 Posted: 00:56:50 02/02/2019
Quote: Bifrost
Robin is really unique but also a bit of a shame that the books are underutilized. Still, he's the only one that's not straight up a swordsman/woman.

Corrin is the worst. He/She has the dragon form but from what I can tell the moves barely feel any different from the other FE characters doing sword slashes. Not much of a point changing it up.

I mean the books are nearly all of his moves, and everything he uses has that neat weapon breakage mechanic, I don't think his tomes are underutilized at all.

Corrin has really unique smash attacks with (mostly) incredible range, a good jab, a stun projectile with a neat attack that follows up in short range, a double sided counter where she turns into a dragon, a spinning dash attack, and all of her grabs feature partial or full transformations as well. I fail to see how any of that "is barely any different". Cloud feels more like a Marth/Lucina/Roy/Chrom than she does.

Male Corrin's hair looks dumb and he has less interesting colors and also I'm girl. At least I have reasons.
#736 Posted: 01:04:48 02/02/2019

Then have you played any of the other games human characters are from? It's undeniable that games like Metal Gear Solid, Bayonetta, even Mario and Zelda are oozing with their own personality, what about games like those are boring to you?

I'd really like to understand your thought process, so I'm going to ask your opinion on four specific characters, and I want to know what you find interesting/not interesting about them. How do you see Snake, Chrom, Wario, and King K Rool?

What games are you interested in if none of these don't scratch your gaming itch in any way? If you find most, if not all human or cartoon characters boring, what would your ideal Smash roster be then? What characters do YOU think should be in, who would you replace with who?

The first two are virtually devoid of personality and I honestly have nothing nice to say about them. The third one does have his sense of unique charm it to him, but at the same time he is ugly and kinda gross. The last one, if you'd seen me at any art site, you would probably guess my opinion of him is favorable. That being said, there's not much to his personality besides being a generic bad guy.

My dream roster would be filled with diversity. It wouldn't just be watered down with generic sword wielders and edgy humans, it have all sorts of creatures in it. Also, I know this isn't something I usually complain about it, but isn't there at least one African-American they could possibly have added? Yeah, I'm sure people have noticed that all the humans in this game are white.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:52 02/02/2019 by MugoUrth
#737 Posted: 01:06:31 02/02/2019

The first two are virtually devoid of personality. The third one does have his sense of unique charm it to him, but at the same time he is ugly and kinda gross. The last one, if you'd seen me at any art site, you would probably guess my opinion of him is favorable. That being said, there's not much to his personality besides being a generic bad guy.

My dream roster would be filled with diversity. It wouldn't just be watered down with generic sword wielders and edgy humans, it have all sorts of creatures in it. Also, I know this isn't something I usually complain about it, but isn't there at least one African-American they could possibly have added? Yeah, I'm sure people have noticed that all the humans in this game are white.

You haven't played a Metal Gear Solid game either, have you!
#738 Posted: 01:31:24 02/02/2019

The first two are virtually devoid of personality. The third one does have his sense of unique charm it to him, but at the same time he is ugly and kinda gross. The last one, if you'd seen me at any art site, you would probably guess my opinion of him is favorable. That being said, there's not much to his personality besides being a generic bad guy.

are you saying that out of desperation because you can't stand the idea that someone might actually have a different opinion than you on a certain game?
#739 Posted: 01:43:43 02/02/2019
There are alts for villager that change skin colour
---
Soon.
#740 Posted: 02:20:02 02/02/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: emeraldzoroark
There are alts for villager that change skin colour

villager and inkling have the power to say the n-word
#741 Posted: 02:33:42 02/02/2019

are you saying that out of desperation because you can't stand the idea that someone might actually have a different opinion than you on a certain game?

No, I'm saying that because you haven't given any actual reasons. You keep saying they "have no personality", so if you've actually played the games, you'd be able to explain how they don't based on your opinion.

You can dislike certain games and characters, as long as you have legitimate reasons. What you said about Wario and K Rool were actual reasons. If you knew things about the characters, you would be able to explain your position with more than just the same words over and over again. If you keep doing that, they become completely devoid of meaning.

I'm just trying to understand your thought process here, I've done nothing disrespectful to you in this conversation, so don't start getting that way with me.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#742 Posted: 04:37:31 02/02/2019

Vespi is saying that because you haven't given a single reason you dislike the characters, you just keep saying they're bland and unlikeable and leaving it at that, AND because you very clearly haven't played Metal Gear or Fire Emblem if you think those characters are devoid of personality.

You do realize it's okay to just say you don't really like seeing human characters and leave it at that? You don't need to constantly make up reasons to dislike them that don't exist just to justify disliking these characters.

It's okay to not like or enjoy those characters, it's another thing entirely to say they're bad characters and that's the be all end all and anyone who disagrees is wrong like you say and/or imply every time you decide to start this same exact argument. I don't know why it's so difficult for you to understand that.

It's a two way street buddy. We can criticize your opinions just as much as you love to criticize ours. Don't go acting aggressive about your opinions and then get on the defensive when people call that out on you.
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:41:05 02/02/2019 by pankakesparx456
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#743 Posted: 06:01:24 02/02/2019

TBF

Lmfao was it Fates or Awakening
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#744 Posted: 06:05:16 02/02/2019

what’s your favorite game?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#745 Posted: 06:11:08 02/02/2019
Me a furry with OCs and such mainly being not at all human: God I wish to main Bayonetta, she is so sassy. As well maybe play Robin, Corrin, and Joker (when he comes out).
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#746 Posted: 06:42:08 02/02/2019 | Topic Creator
im not a furry at all but k rool is fun
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#747 Posted: 06:59:15 02/02/2019
I’m not a furry, but let’s just say the tie’s going on the door when Incineroar gets invited to my place
#748 Posted: 07:56:07 02/02/2019 | Topic Creator
im not a furry but my ass belongs to wolf
First | Previous | Page 15 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me