Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
First | Previous | Page 14 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#651 Posted: 21:17:47 02/01/2019
Then what is good for "practicing"? I never play online and am not interested in competitive unless I discover some kind of natural talent. The last time I tried online I sucked and seriously doubt that's going to change anytime soon.
I'm more interested in giving myself personal challenges to overcome instead. I don't like the idea of going against others just to either suck or be another mediocre player.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#652 Posted: 22:25:32 02/01/2019
honestly online is still just as bad. most of the time the input lag makes spamming smash attacks the better option.
#653 Posted: 22:56:14 02/01/2019
I guess I'd be good at online then because half of what I do is spam smash attacks lol. Or specials.
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#654 Posted: 00:06:16 03/01/2019
I've heard that the level 9 CPU in this game is really hard in this game but I've done a couple of matches 1 V 1 with a LV 9 CPU and it was a lot easier than I thought it'd be, I'll try to fight some more but at the moment they're just an alright challenge but they jump too much. I also compared it to Smash 4 (3DS) and those ones were actually a lot harder (though it might be the lack of an air dodge).
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#655 Posted: 01:06:06 03/01/2019
honestly fighting against cpus is just pressing buttons and hoping they hit
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#656 Posted: 05:27:23 04/01/2019
DLC fighters may have been datamined. In addition, Joker's prep code has been in the game since 1.0, so these ones are likely different characters from him.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7014
#657 Posted: 20:00:33 04/01/2019
Level 9 computers definitely seem easier than they were in Smash 4.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#658 Posted: 21:08:01 04/01/2019
Quote: Mrmorrises
Level 9 computers definitely seem easier than they were in Smash 4.

Yeah, same. A lot of the time level 9 cpus in 4 were able to shield my attacks frame perfectly.
---
Soon.
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#659 Posted: 03:48:07 05/01/2019
>Brave

Robots confirmed
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#660 Posted: 03:57:02 05/01/2019
Brave obviously refers to Barry B. Benson for his brave acts throughout the Bee Movie. Barry B Benson literally confirmed for Smash.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#661 Posted: 04:15:25 05/01/2019 | Topic Creator
what if it's like

a bravely default rep
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#662 Posted: 11:02:31 05/01/2019
That's the good part of this datamine, it can be either DQ, Bravely Default, or something else entirely. Surprise isn't ruined, in fact, it's even more fun to guess because of the speed and weight data of the new character.

Funniest part is still that Joker supposedly zooms around the stage though.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:02:42 05/01/2019 by Bifrost
#663 Posted: 14:00:34 05/01/2019
It’s clearly Talonflame, who will brave bird everything
---
Soon.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#664 Posted: 14:19:28 05/01/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark
It’s clearly Talonflame, who will brave bird everything

But only when Talonflame is at 0% damage.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#665 Posted: 15:09:34 05/01/2019
It's still going to Brave Bird everything, it'll just be after a nice rock across the face and it'll die immediately after because of recoil.
---
#666 Posted: 16:22:36 05/01/2019
Did Ike's Eruption get nerfed? I can't find anything about it but to me I seemed like it had much less range than before.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#667 Posted: 17:05:23 05/01/2019
Merida from Brave confirmed guys
---
Bruh
#668 Posted: 00:52:14 06/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Crash10
Merida from Brave confirmed guys

ItS jUsT mAh BoW
#669 Posted: 23:16:04 06/01/2019
I finally unlocked Ike in World of Light. I will now proceed to kick everybody's ass.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#670 Posted: 01:40:08 07/01/2019
So those leaks from 5chan are interesting...

seriously though, words cannot describe how much I want them to be true just because of Doom Slayer. If we got him I'd never request another fighter again (well, maybe Crash...)
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#671 Posted: 02:01:21 07/01/2019
Quote: Chompy-King257

seriously though, words cannot describe how much I want them to be true just because of Doom Slayer. If we got him I'd never request another fighter again (well, maybe Crash...)

Link plz

through pm
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#672 Posted: 02:07:39 07/01/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Chompy-King257

Link plz

through pm

Same here I guess. Dunno what these leaks are but I've never heard of them.
#673 Posted: 02:11:55 07/01/2019
I'll just post it here.

Here's the initial leak itself: https://krsw.5ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1544363780/12

Here's an IGN article on it: https://www.ign.com/articles/2...portedly-leaked

Don't really care about any of the others but god I hope the Doom Slayer part of it is true.
---
#674 Posted: 02:21:11 07/01/2019
I highly doubt Steve and Doomguy would ever get in, Steve is just... well, Minecraft was a trend that's come and gone and as for Doomguy does he even have an official name? I've never heard of him having one and as far as I know he's just a blank slate made to represent the player character, whilst I know PKMN Trainer could be seen as this too, Doomguy in particular seems too generic. Then again I know nothing about DOOM so I can't say.
Overall whilst I normally take leaks with at least a little grain of salt it's gonna take a lot more for me to even consider this one. Erdick or whatever that DQ guy was called seems pretty likely though.
#675 Posted: 02:26:15 07/01/2019
Quote: Buchi
I highly doubt Steve and Doomguy would ever get in, Steve is just... well, Minecraft was a trend that's come and gone and as for Doomguy does he even have an official name? I've never heard of him having one and as far as I know he's just a blank slate made to represent the player character, whilst I know PKMN Trainer could be seen as this too, Doomguy in particular seems too generic. Then again I know nothing about DOOM so I can't say.
Overall whilst I normally take leaks with at least a little grain of salt it's gonna take a lot more for me to even consider this one. Erdick or whatever that DQ guy was called seems pretty likely though.

Doomguy's official name right now with his latest games is the Doom Slayer. If he were to get in, I imagine that's what he'd be referred to as.

And I wouldn't say he's too generic. His games definitely have a...different vibe than most of the Smash characters do.
---
#676 Posted: 02:29:15 07/01/2019
Oh? He has a name now? Then perhaps he is possible. I can see how he wouldn't be "too generic" as well, with a franchise as big and popular as DOOM I imagine it got that status for a reason. Maybe not the most possible but far from Shrek levels of absurd.

Steve, however, I still doubt.
#677 Posted: 02:32:10 07/01/2019
Quote: Buchi
Oh? He has a name now? Then perhaps he is possible. I can see how he wouldn't be "too generic" as well, with a franchise as big and popular as DOOM I imagine it got that status for a reason. Maybe not the most possible but far from Shrek levels of absurd.

Steve, however, I still doubt.

Only real issue with him would be figuring out how to make him less violent without making him too different.
---
#678 Posted: 02:35:36 07/01/2019
I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt, tbh. I think it's fake.
---
#679 Posted: 02:50:09 07/01/2019 | Topic Creator
remember fellas

grain of salt is mandatory. no matts
#680 Posted: 03:46:43 23/01/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
So items are a key gameplay mechanic of Smash Bros that have gained an undeservedly negative reputation, such that they are omitted from competitive play entirely for a few reasons. However, proponents of the "items are not competitive" argument often ignore the various benefits that items would bring to competitive play, and that's what I'm here to address. Key points are in bold. Thank me later.

The first and most obvious benefit to items: They allow characters to overcome horrendous matchups. Donkey Kong no longer needs to care if he's being harassed by Pichu when Giratina's got his back, blowing that damned electric mouse to the depths of hell. Jigglypuff laughs at Cloud when Shadow slows time to allow her to get an easy Rest. Without the rebalancing offered by items, these matchups would be incredibly one-sided. Of course, the items could work against the character with the poor matchup, but at least there's a chance of the matchup basically evening out due to item assistance.

"But items are too random!" I hear you cry. And, yes, this is a valid point. See, Smash Bros has never had randomness in it before. There's never been a move that randomly picks a number from 1-9 with 9 having immense killing power. There's never been a move that allows someone to sometimes pick up a bomb or Mr Saturn. There's never been a move that sometimes shoots you horizontally at great speed with huge killing power. Oh wait...

"But they can spawn next to one player which isn't fair!" I hear you cry. And this in fact a point in favor of items, because this means items actually encourage offensive play while discouraging camping. The reason is simple - if you know a game-winning Pokeball could spawn next to your opponent at any time, you're not going to camp at the opposite end of the screen and spam projectiles; you can't take that chance. You have to stay close to them so that they can't get free items.

The next point to bring up is that items would help bridge the competitive and casual communities together. It is no surprise that the competitive and casual crowd are completely divided with a large part of that division being based upon use of items, to such an extent that Smash 4 even had separate game modes for item play and non-item play. Allowing items in tournament setting would only help bridge these divisions of the community together and grow the competitive scene further. I shouldn't even need to explain why that would be good for Smash.

Finally - items are more interesting from a spectator standpoint. This should be self-explanatory. Watching pokeballs flying left right and center while players fight over who gets the three dragoon pieces while assists jump around and throw out hitboxes, is an inherently more interesting and complex situation than a fat plumber simply jumping around and trying to hit an oversized dragon with spaced aerials. And more complexity is good for competitive reasons, and spectator interest is good for growing the competitive scene. It would also develop the meta further, since people would need to learn techniques to prevent their opponents acquiring items whilst maximizing the chance of acquiring it themselves. Similarly to "ledge-trapping", this may result in "item trapping" situations.

So remember, next time you say "Fox only Final Destination no items", consider dropping those last two words from the equation smilie

normie
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#681 Posted: 07:27:33 23/01/2019
I looked at the spirit list and there is no Piranha Plant spirit on the list, I even looked through alphabetical order but it's not there, even something like the nipper plant who isn't as well known is a spirit.
I also looked through the list to see if any dragon quest spirits and there is none. So that might mean that spirits do deconfirm fighters, why else would they not put a Piranha Plant spirit when it's one of the most well known Mario enemies?
So "Brave" in the code being for DQ is even more likely because of this.
Rayman, Shantae and Bandna Dee have spirits already so I think their chances are significantly lower because of that.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#682 Posted: 15:33:50 23/01/2019
So items are a key gameplay mechanic of Smash Bros that have gained an undeservedly negative reputation, such that they are omitted from competitive play entirely for a few reasons. However, proponents of the "items are not competitive" argument often ignore the various benefits that items would bring to competitive play, and that's what I'm here to address. Key points are in bold. Thank me later.

The first and most obvious benefit to items: They allow characters to overcome horrendous matchups. Donkey Kong no longer needs to care if he's being harassed by Pichu when Giratina's got his back, blowing that damned electric mouse to the depths of hell. Jigglypuff laughs at Cloud when Shadow slows time to allow her to get an easy Rest. Without the rebalancing offered by items, these matchups would be incredibly one-sided. Of course, the items could work against the character with the poor matchup, but at least there's a chance of the matchup basically evening out due to item assistance.

"But items are too random!" I hear you cry. And, yes, this is a valid point. See, Smash Bros has never had randomness in it before. There's never been a move that randomly picks a number from 1-9 with 9 having immense killing power. There's never been a move that allows someone to sometimes pick up a bomb or Mr Saturn. There's never been a move that sometimes shoots you horizontally at great speed with huge killing power. Oh wait...

"But they can spawn next to one player which isn't fair!" I hear you cry. And this in fact a point in favor of items, because this means items actually encourage offensive play while discouraging camping. The reason is simple - if you know a game-winning Pokeball could spawn next to your opponent at any time, you're not going to camp at the opposite end of the screen and spam projectiles; you can't take that chance. You have to stay close to them so that they can't get free items.

The next point to bring up is that items would help bridge the competitive and casual communities together. It is no surprise that the competitive and casual crowd are completely divided with a large part of that division being based upon use of items, to such an extent that Smash 4 even had separate game modes for item play and non-item play. Allowing items in tournament setting would only help bridge these divisions of the community together and grow the competitive scene further. I shouldn't even need to explain why that would be good for Smash.

Finally - items are more interesting from a spectator standpoint. This should be self-explanatory. Watching pokeballs flying left right and center while players fight over who gets the three dragoon pieces while assists jump around and throw out hitboxes, is an inherently more interesting and complex situation than a fat plumber simply jumping around and trying to hit an oversized dragon with spaced aerials. And more complexity is good for competitive reasons, and spectator interest is good for growing the competitive scene. It would also develop the meta further, since people would need to learn techniques to prevent their opponents acquiring items whilst maximizing the chance of acquiring it themselves. Similarly to "ledge-trapping", this may result in "item trapping" situations.

So remember, next time you say "Fox only Final Destination no items", consider dropping those last two words from the equation smilie

What is this implying? Are you saying items should be used in competitive play? Bruh what does competitive mean. It means winning based purely on skill, not because you get the Smash Ball. Items equals you win because you got the best item. No items means you win because you were the best player. There would be zero point in training, tier lists, meta, and balance patches if items were added to the mix. I don’t play woth items off because i’m an elitist, Inplay with items off because a skill based game is more fun to me than a chaotic item-fest. Not saying this to diss items, because I loved World of Light, just saying that I don’t think your argument makes any sense at all.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#683 Posted: 16:02:04 23/01/2019
The difference is that most of these characters with random effects are usually offset in another way (Mr. Game and Watch has disavantages in every game), while items can literally be a win button - Gust Bellows, Galaga in the right position, Beetle, some Assist Trophies in a Omega mode stage.

Fox only, Final Smash meter, Battlefield Mode.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:03:52 23/01/2019 by Bifrost
#684 Posted: 16:16:11 23/01/2019
Yeah... can't imagine high-level players duking it out with Gust Bellows. **** that item. They can quite literally be, as Bifrost said, a win button. Even I could beat high-level players if I just so happened to have a Gust Bellows or such spawn in front of me, then if they got unlucky as well I'd win easily. There is skill required to use items, yes, but it's only minimal. Think of it like, say, 5% skill and 95% luck. Competitive is supposed to be 99% skill. From my perspective, at least. Stuff like Judge alters this a bit, however the core of the competitive game is still skill, and it's not like all of G&W's moves are random chance. Or Luigi and Peach.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#685 Posted: 18:19:09 23/01/2019
Quote: JohnnySmasher42

What is this implying? Are you saying items should be used in competitive play? Bruh what does competitive mean. It means winning based purely on skill, not because you get the Smash Ball. Items equals you win because you got the best item. No items means you win because you were the best player. There would be zero point in training, tier lists, meta, and balance patches if items were added to the mix. I don’t play woth items off because i’m an elitist, Inplay with items off because a skill based game is more fun to me than a chaotic item-fest. Not saying this to diss items, because I loved World of Light, just saying that I don’t think your argument makes any sense at all.

What does liking world of light have to do with items exactly?

Not saying your wrong but like, that doesn't really make sense
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#686 Posted: 01:21:18 24/01/2019 | Topic Creator
if you act like a normie i will out you as a normie
#687 Posted: 01:40:36 24/01/2019
I thought you were joking. There's no way anyone could legitimately think this kind of thing benefits competitive play.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#688 Posted: 02:24:23 24/01/2019
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Quote: JohnnySmasher42

What does liking world of light have to do with items exactly?

Not saying your wrong but like, that doesn't really make sense

Because World of Light is as random as random gets lol
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
#689 Posted: 16:30:31 24/01/2019
I thought the items in any Spirit battle are set? That's why you have Killing Edge in so many even if you don't get it from support.
---
#690 Posted: 20:38:18 25/01/2019
I had some ideas for P5 spirit battles...

Ryuji (enhances to Skull):
-Yellow and purple Shulk
-Pirate Ship
-Melee weapons have increased power
-Enemy loves to taunt
-Certain Pokémon will appear from Pokeballs (Alolan Raichu)

Morgana:
-Black and grey Incineroar
-New Pork City (Battlefield)
-Hostile assist trophies will appear (Zero)
-Heavy winds are in effect

Ann (enhances to Panther):
-Red Zero Suit Samus
-Prism Tower
-Enemy prefers side special
-Certain Pokémon will appear from Pokeballs (Vulpix)

Yusuke (enhances to Fox):
-Black Fox
-Pictochat
-Hostile assist trophies will appear (Krystal)
-Enemy starts the battle with Killing Edge

Makoto (enhances to Queen):
-Grey Bayonetta
-Figure-8 Circuit
-Reinforcements will appear (Blue Wario)

Futaba (enhances to Oracle):
-Inkling Girl
-Gamer
-The enemy tends to avoid conflict
-Hostile assist trophies will appear (Wily Capsule)

Haru (enhances to Noir):
-Pink Daisy
-Garden of Hope (Omega)
-The enemy starts the battle with Steel Diver
-Hostile assist trophies will appear (Tiki)
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#691 Posted: 20:38:35 27/01/2019

Totally legit
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#692 Posted: 12:54:08 28/01/2019
Dude don't scare me like that. I'm old and my heart is frail.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#693 Posted: 22:47:46 28/01/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX

Totally legit

dude don't do that to me
---
#694 Posted: 00:14:26 29/01/2019
fake, they would have shown his final smash. everything else is legit though
---
Soon.
#695 Posted: 04:02:22 29/01/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark
fake, they would have shown his final smash. everything else is legit though

not every trailer shows the final smash though
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#696 Posted: 17:22:38 29/01/2019
Doesn't make sense that Steve would be a Smash fighter, because Nintendo and Microsoft are part of the big 3 video game console competitors. Currently, Nintendo and Microsoft are ENEMIES.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
First | Previous | Page 14 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20 21 22

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me