Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
First | Previous | Page 13 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#601 Posted: 16:35:46 13/12/2018
I remember another convention was that they needed a game on a Nintendo platform too. Also that Joker apparently deconfirmed this but didn't Persona Q have him playable? Still not a main series game and more of a spinoff from what I've heard (as well as being a kind of crossover with Etrian Odyssey) so it could go either way with this convention either being broken or enforced.

Then there's also the possibility that Persona could get ported to a Nintendo console but going by that anything is possibile.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#602 Posted: 17:09:50 13/12/2018
Persona Q allows him just like Cloud is allowed in by Final Fantasy Theatrhythm. That's not a hard rule though, but money wise they'd probably want characters that can actually sell Switches and 3DSes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:10:18 13/12/2018 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#603 Posted: 19:30:38 13/12/2018
Re: Sora, I can understand the logic, but honestly hopes he doesn't get in. Because if he does, I expect Square Enix to be as restrictive with him as they have been with Cloud... and would rather not see Sakurai and his team hamstrung trying to give us DLC. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#604 Posted: 19:51:33 13/12/2018
If we get another FF character in, we can get more than DOUBLE the FF tracks we already have!
---
Soon.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#605 Posted: 20:25:55 13/12/2018
Quote: HIR
Re: Sora, I can understand the logic, but honestly hopes he doesn't get in. Because if he does, I expect Square Enix to be as restrictive with him as they have been with Cloud... and would rather not see Sakurai and his team hamstrung trying to give us DLC. <.<

It's actually been speculated that Square wanted Cloud to be DLC again for Ultimate and that's why there's no FF content in the game. In the game's code, Cloud is listed as the last character added to the game.

It may not have been that Square were being restrictive in terms of content, but that the shift to make him part of the base game was a last minute change and the devs didn't have time to get music and stuff for the game.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#606 Posted: 20:35:10 13/12/2018
I know it's not likely but man, imagine if we did get a Sony and Microsoft rep.

Sakurai would be making gaming history more so than he already has.
---
Cool cool.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#607 Posted: 21:53:51 13/12/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: HIR

It's actually been speculated that Square wanted Cloud to be DLC again for Ultimate and that's why there's no FF content in the game. In the game's code, Cloud is listed as the last character added to the game.

It may not have been that Square were being restrictive in terms of content, but that the shift to make him part of the base game was a last minute change and the devs didn't have time to get music and stuff for the game.

Well, I suppose if the DLC was decided in advance, maybe the team was scrambling to add Cloud after Sora was approved as DLC. (There's something weirdly meta about Sora being playable in a game developed by Sora.) I just wouldn't want to get shortchanged with KH music, especially since Yoko Shimomura has been a part of the Smash sound team since the Brawl days. Then again she's already remixed and rearranged her biggest KH tracks so often I've lost count already. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#608 Posted: 04:24:04 17/12/2018
So I was thinking about who else could be in the DLC that I might be interested in, and I thought about maybe a soulcalibur rep. They have crossed over in the past AND been on a nintendo system, so it doesn't seem super out of place, especially with the recent release of SC6 and the fact that Ryu and Ken are in from another fighting game series.

Of course this more than likely means we'd get another sword wielder. Personally I'd hope for Nightmare, but I feel like they would more likely pick Siegfried if this did happen.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#609 Posted: 04:29:01 17/12/2018
That's fair, I don't know much about Tekken so I can't really comment on it, but maybe we could get Yoshimitsu and get BOTH lmao
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#610 Posted: 12:02:58 17/12/2018
The correct Soul Caliber rep is Voldo and Voldo alone.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
exefile Yellow Sparx Gems: 1783
#611 Posted: 12:42:13 17/12/2018
I got the game yesterday so now I'll give my thoughts after putting about 8-9 hours into it. I've already gotten every character from that home menu and closing the game exploit.

Graphics are A++++, especially after coming off the 3ds version which was the only smash I had before this one.
Soundtrack is cool even though 90% of the songs I recognized are just Sonic ones.
Roster is great, everyone is here
even a playable master hand like that glitch in melee, even glitch characters are back wow.

Controls were just about what I hoped they'd be.

Now for the part I was most exited for and the most disappointing by: World of Light.

I don't like the theme song, but that's not the problem.
I've played WOL for about 6 hours and probably won't go back to it, the fights get so repetitive, 30 minutes in and the whole mode became a grind, the battles weren't fun and I dreaded when I saw that I had to do more than 1 fight to get to a fighter or some other area.
The map was cool but it felt so restricted because of spirits being in the way every 2 seconds.
I really liked smash run from 3ds and I wish the spirit battles were reserved for the spirit mode and world of light could have been platforming stages.

In terms of DLC, I don't really care who we get because I think it's cool that we're getting anything more than the 70+ we already have, the only specific character I want is Conker but that's not going to happen so I'll welcome whatever we get.

Also, I don't like when people refer to characters as "reps", they're just characters from some other game in one huge crossover game, when I see Cloud I don't see him "representing" FF, I just see a character from FF, I also don't like when this is taken further and people say some character can't get in because another character would be a better "rep".

7.8/10 Too much ouch.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
#612 Posted: 17:33:06 17/12/2018
Share your smash bros headcanons.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#613 Posted: 19:29:58 17/12/2018
Joker told his backstory to the team and Bayonetta forcibily adopted him because he's too cool to have parents that pretty much disown him over something so small.
---
#614 Posted: 20:00:32 17/12/2018
Headcanon: A bunch of characters (like Kirby, Pit and Charizard) occasionally go out to see who can fly the highest the fastest (Pit gets help from Palutena). Jigglypuff has been banned from these competitions since her shield broke.
---
Soon.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#615 Posted: 20:13:33 17/12/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Buchi
I've always thought of Kratos as being much more of a PlayStation rep than anything, so I highly doubt Nintendo would add a mascot from one of their rival companies.

Kratos is owned by Sony, but if a Microsoft character gets in then it's all game. I doubt it either way, though.

I'm not feeling Kratos because he's just doesn't have anything to do with Nintendo. Cloud might not have much presence by himself, but Final Fantasy is (or was) big on Nintendo, and Joker not only has Persona Q2, but Persona is a sister franchise to Shin Megami Tensei, another big one for Nintendo. If a Microsoft rep gets in, it'll probably be either Banjo or Steve, two other characters who had/has big ties with Nintendo. So I think the rule of "having some connection with Nintendo in order to get in" still stands. And honestly, I hope it still does. I like having some unexpected choices but I don't like the idea of the series going absolute bonkers and just choosing whoever comes to mind.
---
Bruh
#616 Posted: 21:44:31 17/12/2018
If Kratos joins Smash, he's gonna kill Palutena and forcibly adopt Pit as his son. Why have one boy when you can have TWO?
---
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#617 Posted: 02:24:56 18/12/2018
I'm legitimately not surprised that so many people are comparing WoL to Subspace despite Sakurai literally saying it's nothing like Subspace.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog

-Richter and Lucina are friends, because their ancestors are also in Smash, they fight monsters that resurrect, and inherited a weapon through their bloodline. Also blue.
-Snake is constantly trying to pick up Samus. She constantly shuts him down.
-Kirby is friends with everyone. Not even Ridley will do anything mean to him, since he saved them all from eternal capture.
-Corrin, Snake, and Inkling are best buds, and it's 100% not because I beat WoL with them. It's canon, leave me alone.
-Bayonetta constantly teases Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena because of the angel/goddess stuff. Bayo and Palutena hate each others' guts.
-Joker got in after the Phantom Thieves gained notoriety after taking down Medjed. With it being so high profile, it caught the attention of the Smash Committee, made up of the original 8 fighters. They sent the Phantom Thieves their invitation, but since Galeem attacked, they weren't able to join until after they got all the universe stuff sorted out so Joker could cross over.
-The first map in WoL is the world of Smash after Galeem recreated it. All the structures there like Shadow Moses, Gourmet Race, and Moray Towers are recreations of the ones in their own worlds after reading the fighters' minds. This universe is now the sort of nexus of their universes, and how other games cross over. This is also how all the stages exist, and they can fight on them at will, they simply travel to each location within the new world.
-The last point is also the reason for Spirits exploring ruins, caves, and jungles. The Spirits not only find goodies to free others, but also act as adventurers and cartographers, mapping out this new place so Smashers can use it as their new hub.
-Since there are Nintendogs spirits, this means Galeem killed normal, real dogs and must be stopped. John Wick DLC?
#618 Posted: 02:37:25 18/12/2018
Quote: Vespi
I'm legitimately not surprised that so many people are comparing WoL to Subspace despite Sakurai literally saying it's nothing like Subspace.

-Richter and Lucina are friends, because their ancestors are also in Smash, they fight monsters that resurrect, and inherited a weapon through their bloodline. Also blue.
-Snake is constantly trying to pick up Samus. She constantly shuts him down.
-Kirby is friends with everyone. Not even Ridley will do anything mean to him, since he saved them all from eternal capture.
-Corrin, Snake, and Inkling are best buds, and it's 100% not because I beat WoL with them. It's canon, leave me alone.
-Bayonetta constantly teases Pit, Dark Pit, and Palutena because of the angel/goddess stuff. Bayo and Palutena hate each others' guts.
-Joker got in after the Phantom Thieves gained notoriety after taking down Medjed. With it being so high profile, it caught the attention of the Smash Committee, made up of the original 8 fighters. They sent the Phantom Thieves their invitation, but since Galeem attacked, they weren't able to join until after they got all the universe stuff sorted out so Joker could cross over.
-The first map in WoL is the world of Smash after Galeem recreated it. All the structures there like Shadow Moses, Gourmet Race, and Moray Towers are recreations of the ones in their own worlds after reading the fighters' minds. This universe is now the sort of nexus of their universes, and how other games cross over. This is also how all the stages exist, and they can fight on them at will, they simply travel to each location within the new world.
-The last point is also the reason for Spirits exploring ruins, caves, and jungles. The Spirits not only find goodies to free others, but also act as adventurers and cartographers, mapping out this new place so Smashers can use it as their new hub.
-Since there are Nintendogs spirits, this means Galeem killed normal, real dogs and must be stopped. John Wick DLC?

Kinda funny once you think about how Pit and Pittoo blush when grabbed by Bayonetta.

[User Posted Image]

That, and Pit seems to have a, er, minor crush on Zelda.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:19 18/12/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#619 Posted: 03:53:10 18/12/2018 | Topic Creator
okay but can sakurai make heihachi happen now?
#620 Posted: 10:40:34 18/12/2018
Wasn't that shown to be just careful posing with the Curry item?
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#621 Posted: 02:12:19 19/12/2018
Pit and Pittoo blushed in Smash Wii U when grabbed by most female fighters too and it's the same here.

So I haven't seen much discussion on impressions of the game. What do you guys think of it?

To sum it up for me:

-Multiplayer is fantastic when I can get people to play with and the general mechanics for most characters feel really good to control.

-World of Light is quite mediocre. The map is pretty and I like the Skill Tree, but the RPG mechanics aren't deep enough for this mode to feel compelling and like anything more than random CPU fights that blur together, most of which can be ended in a single Smash attack if you deck yourself out with the right gear. It has some cool parts in the latter half that make good use of the map and the finale is really, really cool, as are the boss fights, but ultimately the mode spreads it's best bits far too thin. It's also three to four times as long as Subspace while only having seven cutscenes, two of which were shown before release and three of which are endings, so a lot of the mode is just a whole lot of nothing.

-Spirits Board is nice for quick play sessions especially in handheld mode but after World of Light there is less reason to play it.

-Classic Mode is great but I think the Bonus Stage wears out real fast and they should have had a few more kinds of bonus stages. Also, it lacks any unique reward outside of the Challenge Board section for it. Finishing a run just gets you a Fighter Spirit which you can't actually equip and use, it's just a picture you look at. You can also just straight up buy Fighter Spirits from the coin shop. So there is much less incentive to do it with every character.

-There's basically no other single-player modes besides Mob Smash which is pretty boring.

-Online has been OK for me in terms of connection but Quickplay is a mess and doesn't always give you the matches you ask for. Lobbies also are poorly executed, you can only have one match going at a time and if you try to do anything while in the queue like change your character or play some music from the soundtrack, it kicks you out of the queue and you have to go to the back of the line.

And this is a personal thing but I've been really having trouble settling on a main for more serious matches which has been hampering my enjoyment of the online. My old characters are nerfed and/or heavily changed (Rosalina in particular was full-on butchered and flat out feels unfinished and not play tested, her hitboxes are really inconsistent and buggy in this game and she has weird bugs like Luma sometimes not doing D-Tilt properly if you use C-Stick for tilts), and nobody else in the cast is really resonating with me.

Overall I enjoy the game but it wasn't as exciting as I hoped and it's not my favourite Smash game, that still goes to Brawl. I'm hoping updates improve the experience, especially the lobby system, and hopefully I get a DLC newcomer such as Sora or Rayman who would really get me excited.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#622 Posted: 03:06:46 19/12/2018
It took me 25 hours, 46 minutes, and 33 seconds to 100% WoL, use that to figure how long the mode will take you.

-I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who really enjoyed WoL, to the point where I actually preferred it over Subspace. Once again, Sakurai said not to compare them since the two are more different than alike, but I prefer WoL simply because I didn't have to put up with clunky and tedious platforming, AND it'd didn't have that annoying maze. Smash is a fighting party game, I would much rather have, you know, actual fights than a platforming beat 'em up. As for the story, I don't mind how few cutscenes WoL had, and that made it a lot more memorable for me. Sure, in Subspace we got epic moments like Snake, Lucario, and Meta Knight on board the Halberd, Kirby on the Dragoon destroying that big ship, and Sonic showing up at the very end to help everyone, but WoL allowed me to imagine my favorites interacting on my own. If we got something like Subspace, there's no way Snake, Corrin, Inkling, Chrom, and Ken would ever be in the same animation frame together, yet they're the ones I chose to take on bosses and take down the endgame, simply because they;re my favorites. In a way, I feel more connected with them now after going on a such a large journey with these characters.

-Some Spirit battles, both on the Spirit Board and in WoL, are just downright unfair. Pauline especially was a ***** unless you used a very specific set of spirits equipped. I also don't love the shield mechanic for Spirit Board battles, and it feels like an unnecessary obstacle when I could unlock most of them normally in WoL.

-I don't really love what they did with Assist Trophies. I much preferred them in past games, where they'd show off a few moves, maybe KO someone, and leave, but in Ultimate, they're practically characters that show up, and last way too long. I do think the Isabelle glitch is insanely fun to pull off though.

-I'm really disappointed they boiled All Star Smash down to a Mob Smash mode. I liked the form it was in Smash 4, but all the Mob Smash modes felt really rushed.

-Online is really frustrating for me. I think I've played only three of my set rules (1v1, no items, omega stages) out of hundreds of matches. It's also extremely frustrating that You can't change characters or stages without backing out to the waiting area in the lobby. Another side note, it's ALSO frustrating that you can't change lobby rules without making an entirely different lobby.

-I'm already excited for what the DLC holds because of Joker, but honestly I don't mind because I got my Persona rep.

Overall, I really think this is the Smash I have personally been waiting for. I know a lot of people have a lot of complaints, but for how I like to play, it's nearly perfect. The only things that hold it back for me is anything to do with the online, but whether I bring it over to a friend's or play it alone at home, I really enjoy it. All my favorites like Corrin and even Snake are back, with some new additions I had been asking for like Inkling, Chrom, and Joker, and it rewards my aggressive playstyle instead of sticking to defensive ones like previous games. I can't wait to see how they'll support this game in the future!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:07:38 19/12/2018 by Vespi
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#623 Posted: 14:39:50 22/12/2018
I really enjoyed WoL. I would have preferred a platforming adventure mode, but it sure beat the hell out of what Smash 4 provided and it made for a very memorable first weekend with the game.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#624 Posted: 08:41:59 24/12/2018
I said I wouldn't finish World of Light but I did, I'll get to my thoughts soon enough but I need a break after playing 2 hours straight. I'll just say that around the 10 - 14 hour mark I was pleasantly surprised, though 15 - 18 hours I was disappointed again, i will be going for 100% because I'm insane and for now I'm at 76% with 470 spaces cleared (and playing on easy because I suck at smash bros).

Post Game Edit: So I went a little overboard, not only did I 100% WOL, but I also completed every challenge (using hammers because I still suck) except the online ones (not wasting my money on Switch Online). They are way easier than the challenges in Smash 4

Spoilers for WOL
I enjoyed the sub areas in the light world. Those were what I wanted from this adventure mode, not a huge map that takes so long to clear. The puzzles made the map aspect feel like more than a fancy menu disguised as a world map. The Dark Realm after defeating Galeem also wasn't as convoluted as the light realm but it was still uninteresting.
The Zelda level was pretty neat, using the owls to solve riddles was a fun idea.
The Castlevania level was the highlight of WOL for me, the cannonball puzzles were a really fun idea.
The quiz level was a cool idea and reminded me of how the Banjo Kazooie games ended (ooohhh DLC foreshadowing)
The final area was a bland wasteland of spirits plopped in a boring looking "place" the Galeem and Dharkon ongoing fight was a good idea but was as repetitive as the rest of the mode.
Playing as master hand was cool for 5 seconds before it got repetitive (seems to be a recurring theme here)
The final fight was actually kind of cool when it was a platforming stage, though the autoscrolling was a little too slow. The boss rush dragged on way too long.

In short, there were some short moments of interesting ideas but most of the mode boils down to EXTREMELY repetitive fights that last almost always under a minute because of how OP you can make your team.

The loading screens are short but are so frequent that they start to take a long time, overall a slow repetitive and lacking mode but the sub areas that were based off other franchises were interesting. They should have made the whole mode those smaller sub areas and it probably wouldn't be so dull in the main areas.

Though I do have to say that the 200+ developers that worked on this game put so much into this whole game. Making those spirit fights all unique to their respective characters must have been hard work, just a shame their efforts combined into something not so enjoyable.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:11:59 26/12/2018 by exefile
#625 Posted: 17:11:51 28/12/2018
I had £47 to spend at my local videogame store and decided to get this game today 'cause I wanted to use that money and thought it looked better than LGPE. Just started it up and my first thought was
that I'm incredibly disappointed I can't use my amiibo to unlock all the FE characters first.

Currently playing lots of Disgaea and aren't interested in fighting games but I'll probably come back to this game occasionally. I wanna try unlocking the Castlevania guys first.
#626 Posted: 17:31:00 28/12/2018 | Topic Creator
I had £47 to spend at my local videogame store and decided to get this game today 'cause I wanted to use that money and thought it looked better than LGPE. Just started it up and my first thought was
that I'm incredibly disappointed I can't use my amiibo to unlock all the FE characters first.

Currently playing lots of Disgaea and aren't interested in fighting games but I'll probably come back to this game occasionally. I wanna try unlocking the Castlevania guys first.

if you wanna get the castlevania guys first you gotta unlock King K Rool by beating classic mode with link, then beat it again with K Rool to get Simon.

then do classic with Simon to get Young Link, who you'll need to do ANOTHER classic run with to get richter.
#627 Posted: 20:08:19 28/12/2018
I just got K Rool but after a quick training I feel like I'm gonna suck as him. Feels too slow.

Holy **** did they nerf Marth or is it just me? I've started maining Kirby again since I unlocked Marth I've still been doing noticeably better with Kirby. Maybe since I haven't played SSB in a year or two it might just be that I'm a little rusty - I've heard Kirby is better for beginners.
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#628 Posted: 20:16:40 28/12/2018
I just got K Rool but after a quick training I feel like I'm gonna suck as him. Feels too slow.

Holy **** did they nerf Marth or is it just me? I've started maining Kirby again since I unlocked Marth I've still been doing noticeably better with Kirby. Maybe since I haven't played SSB in a year or two it might just be that I'm a little rusty - I've heard Kirby is better for beginners.

Just rusty, marth is actually S tier
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#629 Posted: 20:40:54 28/12/2018
Cool. Hopefully I can get good with him again soon then. I kicked ass with the FE fighters once upon a time.
#630 Posted: 23:33:41 28/12/2018
Ok so I’m stuck on a bit in WOL.
Basically, I’m trying to fight the Tabuu spirit but I’m having difficulty. I suppose that’s what I get for playing on Hard, but eh. Any advice?

BTW the overworld in WOL is a mess and the lack of fast travel sucks. Unless I missed something.
---
Soon.
#631 Posted: 23:45:42 28/12/2018
What? I beat Classic with K Rool but got Ice Climbers instead.

Starting to get good with Marth again.

EDIT: wait, twice? Ah ok.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:14 28/12/2018 by Buchi
#632 Posted: 23:46:20 28/12/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Ok so I’m stuck on a bit in WOL.
Basically, I’m trying to fight the Tabuu spirit but I’m having difficulty. I suppose that’s what I get for playing on Hard, but eh. Any advice?

BTW the overworld in WOL is a mess and the lack of fast travel sucks. Unless I missed something.

I have one go to team that gotten every battle beat in under 10 seconds. (Though I did play on easy so maybe that might be why, but it also works on the spirit board which has no difficulty option).

I just use Olimar and the Metal Face spirit, though most other characters can get up to 80% damage in one hit with that spirit. Though it might not be so mindless on hard.
I don't remember how I beat Tabuu the first time but I definitely used that combination + a support that gives you more starting stamina.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
#633 Posted: 23:50:58 28/12/2018
Oh ****. I remembered I just hit a ****ed up moment in WOL, I actually forgot because it pissed me off so hard. There's this one earlygame fight
with three Warios seemingly the same strength as normal fighters.

Any tips? Maybe characters with hit-all attacks but I can't think of any. I used Marth who is notably better at 1v1.

EDIT:
Remind me to never set up a 99 stock match and leave items on. It's not fun. On the bright side, I managed to experience a bunch of new assists and items firsthand even if I was on the receiving end of them.
I think I've unlocked most of the new characters now not counting echoes - K Rool, Simon, Inkling, Incineroar. K Rool is okay, Simon is like Marth with ranged attacks, haven't played Incineroar yet and-

HOLY **** is Inkling considered OP? Is it likely they'll get nerfed? I've only played her for about half an hour but I'm doing so much better than with literally any other fighter so far - this ****er can consistently kill at below 100%. I beat Meta Knight in like ten seconds on his intro match without taking any damage. Maybe they have some weakness I don't know about and I hope they do because I really don't want them to get nerfed nor be OP by default. If it's just that I'm good with the character, this might be my first chance at actually being decent competitively. If they're likely to get nerfed, maybe I'll try dropping in case they turn ****. I know about the ink thing but that hasn't been the slightest problem so far.
If I keep this up I'll be way better than I ever was with even Toon Link and Lucario.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:38:52 29/12/2018 by Buchi
#634 Posted: 03:44:04 29/12/2018
I don't know if anyone can help me here but I've gotten 1251 spirits and I can't find the last 51, anybody who got them all know where they might be? I've already 100% WOL so it's not there but do I use the spirit board or do classic mode?

Edit: I've gotten all of the spirits (except the two pokemon let's go ones but they'll come out later on), all 1300 spirits, what a grind.
Well, I suppose that's it then, 100%. I never thought I'd 100% a Smash Bros game because they're so big but here I am, every challenge and every spirit. And I've still never played an online match, probably never will.
---
eeeeeeeeeeeee
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:32:12 29/12/2018 by exefile
#635 Posted: 21:09:49 29/12/2018
What're your favorite Smash Shippings?

And, I don't mean boats or space ships, I mean pairings.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:24 29/12/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#636 Posted: 21:48:01 29/12/2018
I don't really care. When I play Smash my main concern is how I will overcome my obstacle and not whether or not the opponent would want to make out with my fighter.
...Of all the franchises out there, shipping in SSB confuses me the most. It's not like there's any story or instances of characters interacting with eachother (there are but very minor interactions) and 99% of character interactions they ever have with one another likely come from their own games rather than Smash.
#637 Posted: 00:21:26 30/12/2018
Jigglypuff’s Down B x Hitboxes is adorable

But seriously idk
---
Soon.
#638 Posted: 02:49:08 30/12/2018
Idk about true shippings, but headcanon is that Bowser and Ridley are like, totally bros. Both giant firebreathing lizards who never seem to die, no matter what, and have humans as their nemesis'.
---
#639 Posted: 03:41:29 30/12/2018
What're your favorite Smash Shippings?

And, I don't mean boats or space ships, I mean pairings.

snake x box
#640 Posted: 03:55:07 30/12/2018 | Topic Creator
i have no ships except for the canon ones but-

the villains are all friends. they don't let dark pit chill with them because he's just some edgy kid.

the child characters (ness, lucas, inkling, all the koopalings, ect.) all hang out together.

Mewtwo and Lucario serve as translators for the other pokemon.

Incineroar and Greninja are bros.

Isabelle helps out all the other fighters (cleaning weapons, tidying up, ect.)

Shulk and Roy are friends
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#641 Posted: 07:48:03 30/12/2018
Quote: kardonis
Idk about true shippings, but headcanon is that Bowser and Ridley are like, totally bros. Both giant firebreathing lizards who never seem to die, no matter what, and have humans as their nemesis'.

I prefer the Ridley/K. Rool bromance, personally.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Boop me if you see this.
#642 Posted: 15:06:30 30/12/2018
I've unlocked all of my mains now except for Bowser Jr. Forgot how good I was with Ike - I think I stopped using him near the end of SSB4 but he's pretty good. Not as slow as most of the heavyweights yet can still hit as hard if not harder. And his range when he attacks is pretty good too for a melee fighter.
I probably need to work on my Lucario again though. I remember him becoming one of my best fighters alongside Ike and Toon Link (probably Young Link now since he seems better in this game).
I managed to unlock Chrom before Roy for some reason..? Didn't know it was possible to get Echoes before the OG fighters.
Isabelle is really fun too. Maybe she'll end up replacing Jr as my "joke" character that I just like to mess around with.
#643 Posted: 23:51:11 30/12/2018
I've unlocked all of my mains now except for Bowser Jr. Forgot how good I was with Ike - I think I stopped using him near the end of SSB4 but he's pretty good. Not as slow as most of the heavyweights yet can still hit as hard if not harder. And his range when he attacks is pretty good too for a melee fighter.
I probably need to work on my Lucario again though. I remember him becoming one of my best fighters alongside Ike and Toon Link (probably Young Link now since he seems better in this game).
I managed to unlock Chrom before Roy for some reason..? Didn't know it was possible to get Echoes before the OG fighters.
Isabelle is really fun too. Maybe she'll end up replacing Jr as my "joke" character that I just like to mess around with.

Make sure to abuse her rod and trap
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
#644 Posted: 00:02:34 31/12/2018
Ah hell yeah, fishing rod was really fun, Lloyd was a little more awkward (especially since there are no custom stages this time which was where Jr got used the most) but overall she's a pretty good improvement from Villager imo.
I think I've unlocked most of the fighters now, I expect somewhere around four or five left to go.
Beat my first lv9 CPU earlier so I'm getting back to the same level of skill I used to be it. Used Ike, who I'm really good at this time though I expect Lucario and maybe Young Link to join my list of "serious mains". Possibly Inkling too. Isabelle and Jr are likely to become my joke mains.

EDIT: Ridley, Ryu/Ken and Simon/Richter look like they could become useful too but I can't say for sure since I haven't used them before this game. Inkling I'm definitely adding to my list of main contenders because when I used her for the first time I got really good results even though I haven't used the character before.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:04:55 31/12/2018 by Buchi
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#645 Posted: 18:23:56 02/01/2019
Ridley, K. Rool, and Bowser are all bros and hang out on their free time
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#646 Posted: 18:43:02 02/01/2019
Finally unlocked all the fighters. Damn there were a lot more than I expected, I knew there were a lot but damn. Of course Bowser Jr was one of the last I unlocked...
Isabelle is definitely going to become my joke main. After all, she's the only fighter who can suplex people with a fishing rod. And that side taunt is S-tier.
After picked up Jr again I'm a lot better with him than I recall. Maybe I played him so much that he turned from a joke main into a legitimate main. Maybe the same will happen with Isabelle too.

Current main (my best fighter):
Ike
Possible mains:
Lucario
Marth/Lucina
Young Link/Toon Link
Ryu/Ken
Simon/Richter
Inkling
Current joke mains (for messing around with):
Bowser Jr
Isabelle
Possible joke mains:
Duck Hunt Duo

Italics are for fighters who I've mained in the past. Whilst there are a bunch of fighters I haven't used before that seem interesting, the ones listed here are the ones I seem particularly best with so far. I'll also need to choose between them or their Echoes too... Richter is almost indistinguishable from Simon as well. Young and Toon Link aren't Echoes but since I feel a little better with Young I might start maining him this time instead.
#647 Posted: 19:17:33 02/01/2019
Ah hell yeah, fishing rod was really fun, Lloyd was a little more awkward (especially since there are no custom stages this time which was where Jr got used the most) but overall she's a pretty good improvement from Villager imo.
I think I've unlocked most of the fighters now, I expect somewhere around four or five left to go.
Beat my first lv9 CPU earlier so I'm getting back to the same level of skill I used to be it. Used Ike, who I'm really good at this time though I expect Lucario and maybe Young Link to join my list of "serious mains". Possibly Inkling too. Isabelle and Jr are likely to become my joke mains.

EDIT: Ridley, Ryu/Ken and Simon/Richter look like they could become useful too but I can't say for sure since I haven't used them before this game. Inkling I'm definitely adding to my list of main contenders because when I used her for the first time I got really good results even though I haven't used the character before.

Level 9 CPUs arent good for practicing
cuz they are programmed to react the same way every time with frame perfect timing
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
First | Previous | Page 13 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20 21 22

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me