Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
First | Previous | Page 12 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#551 Posted: 13:26:13 11/12/2018
Quote: Buchi
Quote: KrystalLBX
Anyone wonder if there'll be another Fighter Ballot? Or it's probably been deconfirmed by now. Would be fun to have that again though.

All 5 characters for the paid DLC has been decided already
So no ballot

That's just the Fighter's Pass or whatever it's called. It wouldn't surprise me the least if we end up with even more. There could be a dozen DLC fighters by the time SSBU ends for all we know... pretty sure five fighters isn't a confirmed limit.

It's not the confirmed limit, but it is the definitive number for now. in the last Smash Direct, Sakurai did mention the possibility of more.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#552 Posted: 13:37:53 11/12/2018
Then again I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Not saying I want more DLC but I expect that any opportunity to add more fighters won't be passed up. Just something tells me 5/6 fighters isn't going to be final either way.

Though I shouldn't really care. I don't own this game and don't plan on buying it so it's none of my concern what happens.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#553 Posted: 21:38:12 11/12/2018
As much as I'd like more DLC past the initial 6, I want Sakurai to rest, he looks tired.

Also the phrase "Joker from Persona 5 Amiibo" is so funny to me, I can't believe it's gonna happen.
#554 Posted: 22:04:46 11/12/2018
I dunno about the dev process of this game so idk how much time Sakurai is putting into this himself but, yes, if he's having to spend so much time on these kinds of things then he should definitely rest instead of hearing for the thousandth time why Shrek or Goku should be in Smash.

I knew no Persona characters before Joker's reveal but even so I never imagined something like Persona getting a Smash rep, so far that's the most surprised I've ever been at a Smash reveal, even Pirhana Plant was pretty expected to my by comparison. Makes me wonder who we could have next. When I started thinking about another Ballot, Disgaea and Touhou were the first franchises that came to mind for some reason, I'd say that there's a small possibility for those too but I have no clue whatsoever at this point.

And the idea of having someone like Etna or Sakuya (never played their games, just pulling names out a hat) in Smash sounds really weird. Like Joker, they just seem... odd when compared to fighters like Mr. Game and Watch and Little Mac. I don't know. It just feels weird. But again I've never played their games so I can't judge for sure.
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#555 Posted: 00:41:02 12/12/2018
So since Joker means just about any character from the industry is fair game who are some incredibly unlikely picks for the game you all want to see?

Mine is still Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. I could see her having a moveset similar/kind of a mix of Zelda and Robin.
---
Cool cool.
#556 Posted: 01:16:35 12/12/2018
The first person I though of when I was reminded of the ballot was Irisu Kyouko. I had seen a parody of SSB using horror protagonists as fighters.

I highly doubt Irisu would get in though. That's beyond "incredibly unlikely" and goes into "nigh impossible". If, by some miracle, she does indeed get in, then I will do the honorary dick-launcher that Mesu came up with many years ago.

As for characters that'd actually get in, I've no idea. Skull Kid and Bandana Dee have been my go-to but they're relatively obvious... looks like we'll be getting really outlandish DLC.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#557 Posted: 02:17:10 12/12/2018
Not enjoying it tbh
It's probably just a me problem, but I've experienced problems I never have before with previous smash games, and I'm much more frustrated than having fun
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#558 Posted: 02:57:11 12/12/2018
im expecting travis touchdown or kratos
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4024
#559 Posted: 05:23:02 12/12/2018
guys i love smash
also im slowly starting to main ridley help
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#560 Posted: 05:25:16 12/12/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: prextail202
guys i love smash

pick up k. rool

>2 grounding moves
>2 solid projectiles
>great recovery for a heavy
>super armor on a ton of moves
>back air spikes
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#561 Posted: 05:51:45 12/12/2018
k rool's kit is really dumb. best recovery. super armor for his projectile. super armor on everything. the zuck.
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#562 Posted: 13:19:00 12/12/2018
Quote: pankakesparx456
So since Joker means just about any character from the industry is fair game who are some incredibly unlikely picks for the game you all want to see?

Mine is still Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite. I could see her having a moveset similar/kind of a mix of Zelda and Robin.

Monika or Junko
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#563 Posted: 13:34:55 12/12/2018
I’m hoping for my meme picks of Subzero or Doom Guy, but my more likely pick is Banjo or Crash Bandicoot.

Idk, I kinda want more Western rep. I thought K Rool was a step in the right direction, but it’d just be fun to see. Also, Crash music in Smash would be sweet
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#564 Posted: 16:03:15 12/12/2018
sans would be unexpected
---
Soon.
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#565 Posted: 16:06:10 12/12/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark
sans would be unexpected

Sans is the new Ridley
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#566 Posted: 16:18:47 12/12/2018
Honestly I think Sans is quite possible at this point. But that'd also depend on how popular Undertale is in Japan, idk.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#567 Posted: 17:38:12 12/12/2018
Undertale is VERY possible because of the Japan popularity, Joker opened the way for that kind of content. But honestly I'd rather have a Deltarune character, they're more development moveset-wise.

By that yes I do mean Susie or a Kris puppet team. Kris alone doesn't seem to have enough interesting things as Smash moves while Susie is shown using various types of magic as well as melee.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:50 12/12/2018 by Bifrost
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#568 Posted: 18:06:45 12/12/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Not enjoying it tbh
It's probably just a me problem, but I've experienced problems I never have before with previous smash games, and I'm much more frustrated than having fun

What are the exact issues you're having? I haven't noticed anything?

Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: prextail202
guys i love smash

pick up k. rool

>2 grounding moves
>2 solid projectiles
>great recovery for a heavy
>super armor on a ton of moves
>back air spikes

K. Rool is literally the only fighter I use tbh
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#569 Posted: 18:36:48 12/12/2018
If Undetale is indeed popular in Japan then I'd say Sans is pretty much expected at this point - unless Sakurai does indeed change our expectations yet again with someone like Etna or Sakuya.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#570 Posted: 19:09:39 12/12/2018
Nonononono.

Sans would be too obvious. Maybe Undyne or Asgore, but Sans?
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#571 Posted: 19:54:26 12/12/2018
At this point I have no idea what goes on in Sakurai's head so anything is possible.

EDIT: That is, I mean, it could be Sans or literally any character from Undertale. I don't know. I've never played Undertale, I just know it's popular. Can't think of any franchises who didn't have their most obvious rep included first though... and Sans is easily the most obvious by far. But again Sakurai could surprise us, it's just that this is the only convention I haven't seen broken yet aside from the "must come from a videogame" rule (so nobody like Goku or Ken Kaneki).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:57:53 12/12/2018 by Buchi
#572 Posted: 20:12:45 12/12/2018
Sans won some japanese polls on favorite characters in Nintendo consoles. He's got PRETTY high of a chance even if he's less a franchise rep and more of their equivalent of (pre-movie remake) Broly.
---
#573 Posted: 20:15:05 12/12/2018
Sans is probably the most obvious choice at this point.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:21 12/12/2018 by Buchi
#574 Posted: 20:47:37 12/12/2018
Undyne could work as a fighter, she's 100% the type of person that would jump at a letter to fight other strange warriors - Mettaton as well. If we talked in character traits, Sans would be too lazy, Papyrus and Asgore couldn't bring themselves to finish anyone off even non-fatally, Toriel doesn't seem to be a melee person, and the children would end up in the Viridi rule and Sakurai wouldn't choose them anyway. Muffet is a Kickstarter character and a legal nightmare no matter how high she got up in polls.

Deltarune works better since none of the main trio are exactly kids, though they're minors. Would also work to promote the game in the future since a Switch release is likely if the console is still around by then.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:47:54 12/12/2018 by Bifrost
#575 Posted: 20:54:51 12/12/2018
Oh, Kickstarter? Does that affect chances and such? I think I read somewhere that Undertale as a whole was kickstarted but again I know **** about Undertale so I could be wrong. Though, if I am right, Kickstarter could change things up a lot.
#576 Posted: 20:59:47 12/12/2018
No, Muffet, Glyde and So Sorry/Samuel are all bosses that were added in by high ranking kickstarter backers, they don't actually belong to Toby Fox even though the first is a boss in the main story.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#577 Posted: 21:18:04 12/12/2018
Undertale sounds good and all, but can we talk about the idea of the DOOM SLAYER himself being in Smash????

I mean, he'd make one HELL of a fighter (pun intended).
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#578 Posted: 21:21:15 12/12/2018
I see. So they're technically not created by Undertale's dev(s) themselves but more of a fan creation, right? Makes sense. Well, as we've said before, any franchise is fair game. Don't think any indie characters have become fully-fledged fighters yet but again there's no way of predicting anything at this point.
As for "more deserving" titles, I won't rule out Undertale as just being another trend that's come and gone. It's not on the same level as Persona but it's got a special niche appeal that could bring in an entirely new crowd of gamers - unlike if someone from, say, Disgaea got added, it wouldn't bring in so many new customers since Joker would already be a rep for JRPGs as a genre (I know Disgaea is SRPG but it's pretty similar compared to Undertale).
So I think Undertale is a good idea. It fills a role that Smash has yet to add (indie fighter).
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#579 Posted: 21:25:41 12/12/2018
Someone mentioned something earlier about Western-created IPs vs. Japan-created IPs and I'm inclined to agree that, even with Joker's inclusion, I'd suspect a new franchise has a better chance of getting a rep in Smash if said franchise was created by a Japanese dev team than a Western one. Crash and Spyro, for example, seem like long shots even with an "anything goes" mentality.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#580 Posted: 21:33:51 12/12/2018
I also think it's come and gone but as far as trends go it certainly hasn't crashed to the extent of FNAF or Minecraft (though props to Minecraft for being the first trend I can recall). It's still going fairly well. Shovel Knight would've been better too although as you said he's just an assist - maybe this would affect Sans' chance too, Sans hasn't been deconfirmed yet so he immediately has much more chance. Then again I've played a few games where a character has been introduced as something else besides playable (even SSB4 did this with Mewtwo as a collectible trophy) so Shovel Knight, especially at this point, likewise can't be immediately disconfirmed because of already being an assist. Haven't played Ultimate but the vibe I'm getting is that it's going against a few conventions previously seen in Smash.

As for what would be my personal choice... the idea behind this conversation started when I seen a parody of Smash with Irisu Kyouko. Whilst I definitely can't see Irisu being added (even if she is technically from a game it's a very obscure one), since I like playing as the offbeat and "weird" characters then I'd be kind of interested in seeing how they handle a puzzle rep or something of the like. Then again Mr. Game and Watch kind of fills that role and I rarely use him... still would be interesting nonetheless. So ultimately I guess any character similar enough to Irisu would be my choice for the sole purpose of having fun.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#581 Posted: 01:45:34 13/12/2018
More honesty, if characters from Indie Games are viable Smash Brothers DLC, do you think anyone from Rivals of Aether would stand a chance of getting in? since they are already from a Smash Brothers like game, incorporating any one of them would be easy since their movesets are already established. Doesn't mean that that Nintendo couldn't be creative with their moveset.
#582 Posted: 01:51:44 13/12/2018
Never even heard of that game but if it's so similar to Smash I'd say it's unlikely. Nintendo might see it as something of a contender instead, wanting to steer clear from involving it with Smash. Or maybe not. I dunno, I just don't feel like it's something they'd do.
#583 Posted: 02:11:11 13/12/2018
nah, I'd say Nintendo has nothing to worry about with that game. It does have a dedicated fan base, though, and I think any one of the character is inside the game would be unique for Smash Brothers, unless you count Shovel Knight who's already in assist trophy.
#584 Posted: 02:15:25 13/12/2018
Still doubt it. Depends how close it is to Smash too I guess. I played Brawlhalla which was pretty similar (having the same damage rules as SSB iirc) and if RoA is anything like that then I'd say no.
#585 Posted: 03:21:02 13/12/2018
Still doubt it. Depends how close it is to Smash too I guess. I played Brawlhalla which was pretty similar (having the same damage rules as SSB iirc) and if RoA is anything like that then I'd say no.

To be honest, I'm expecting crap like Kratos and Chris Redfield to make up this games DLC roster, but anyone from Rivals of Aether would not be an impossibility. An improbability Maybe, but not impossible.

So now that you mention it, Kratos was in a similar game to Smash Brothers, so if that reduces someone's chance of being in Smash Brothers, I wouldn't mind if that means Kratos won't be in Smash.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:22:51 13/12/2018 by MugoUrth
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#586 Posted: 04:44:34 13/12/2018
Not really into Smash roster speculation, but the only character I genuinely want but also has a realistic chance now is Sora. After the Joker reveal I feel Sora became much more likely, he has all of the right stuff. Whether or not KH3 is on Switch at launch doesn't matter anymore because neither was Persona 5. Nintendo are getting an exclusive Marvel game, so they are obviously communicating with Disney. KH3 is one of the biggest games coming in 2019 which is also when the DLC for Ultimate will mostly be dropping. Sora has been popular on polls and such, so Nintendo is probably aware of a demand for him in Smash. And if not KH3, they could probably get Square Enix to port the HD collections to Switch. And Disney has been open about being OK with the idea of Sora in Smash and that they are leaving it to Square Enix to do the talks with Nintendo if it comes up.

I feel like there never has been and never will be a better time for Sora to get into Smash. It's now or never.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#587 Posted: 05:43:19 13/12/2018 | Topic Creator
i want them to add an ultra beast just to **** with people
#588 Posted: 11:08:16 13/12/2018
Sora is very likely, but I wonder if a reveal would be spaced out from KH3's release so people don't complain they're just choosing anime pretty boys.

Did you guys know Sora and Joker have the same age? Geez louize.

Well assuming that Sora is 16 by KH3, he has been one year older every main numbered game.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:39:04 13/12/2018 by Bifrost
#589 Posted: 13:04:32 13/12/2018
I've always thought of Kratos as being much more of a PlayStation rep than anything, so I highly doubt Nintendo would add a mascot from one of their rival companies.

As for anime pretty boys... add someone like Sakuya then we have anime pretty girls instead, now that balances it out :p
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#590 Posted: 14:47:44 13/12/2018
Quote: MugoUrth

To be honest, I'm expecting crap like Kratos and Chris Redfield to make up this games DLC roster, but anyone from Rivals of Aether would not be an impossibility. An improbability Maybe, but not impossible.

So now that you mention it, Kratos was in a similar game to Smash Brothers, so if that reduces someone's chance of being in Smash Brothers, I wouldn't mind if that means Kratos won't be in Smash.

Who the ****
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#591 Posted: 16:19:08 13/12/2018
Wait a Microsoft mascot is in? Either I'm forgetting or you're just saying a possibility... I would doubt mascots from either rival company.
#592 Posted: 16:28:11 13/12/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Wait a Microsoft mascot is in? Either I'm forgetting or you're just saying a possibility... I would doubt mascots from either rival company.

No, but it's heavily rumored, and both companies have been practically touching tips lately, so...

If they're on better terms now then maybe it's possible. It certainly isn't impossible to team up with some other company - I remember the Nintendo PlayStation or whatever that was called would be proof of this.
First | Previous | Page 12 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me