Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
First | Previous | Page 9 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate All Purpose- Armsmageddon
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#401 Posted: 21:38:18 30/10/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
What time is it at in EST?

10:00 AM EST
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#402 Posted: 21:43:23 30/10/2018
What does it correspond for canadians(quebecers)?
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#403 Posted: 21:50:59 30/10/2018
Quote: fyra
What does it correspond for canadians(quebecers)?

I’ll just post a timetable for everyone in a few then lol

And while we’re all here, how does everyone feel about a dS Smash tournament with the online tourney mode? I’d love to set one up if people were interested in participating!!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#404 Posted: 22:12:33 30/10/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Quote: HIR
Wow, the timing for the Direct is only good for Europeans. GG, Nintendo, you played yourselves.

I don't see anything wrong with it

If you go to school or work a day job in America you can't watch this Direct unless you skip class or work. For Japan, it's 11PM and any reasonable person would be trying to sleep. Heck, it's even, like, 2PM for the UK... so you'd still potentially have the work/school issue. I suppose it's okay for PST residents, since they'd just be waking up. But, yeah, I'm a bit miffed.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#405 Posted: 22:35:06 30/10/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Wow, the timing for the Direct is only good for Europeans. GG, Nintendo, you played yourselves.

I don't see anything wrong with it

If you go to school or work a day job in America you can't watch this Direct unless you skip class or work. For Japan, it's 11PM and any reasonable person would be trying to sleep. Heck, it's even, like, 2PM for the UK... so you'd still potentially have the work/school issue. I suppose it's okay for PST residents, since they'd just be waking up. But, yeah, I'm a bit miffed.

Well it benefits me, so it’s all good.

Nah but seriously, sorry about that. Especially since this is looking to be a big direct.
---
Soon.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#406 Posted: 01:12:15 31/10/2018
If anybody can watch the direct, can you guys like, PM us links to the stream so we aren't spoiled
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#407 Posted: 02:38:14 31/10/2018
[User Posted Image]
Here you go, it's 7 PST, 10 EST

Also fyra, Quebec is EST apparently, so it's 10 AM your time.

Quote: King-Pen Krazy
If anybody can watch the direct, can you guys like, PM us links to the stream so we aren't spoiled

I'll take care of that. Just PM if you're gonna miss it and I'll link you to the stream.
EDIT: I think I took care of everyone who might miss it, but PM me if I missed you or you haven't posted.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:46:19 31/10/2018 by Vespi
#408 Posted: 14:10:21 01/11/2018
Quote: Vespi
For my fellow skeptics of this rumor (also check the comments b/c there's a quick correction)

Yes, I'd rather it not be true. I said it before and I'll say it again... I'd rather have more robust single-player options (like a story mode) than a ton of characters beyond the EVERYONE IS HERE! thing. But I know I'm in the minority so... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

GameXplain is literally sponsored by Nintendo, of course they’re going to deny it. They thought the ESRB one and the Ryu/Roy one in Smash 4 were fake and look what happened. “It’s blurry and the clouds are weird” isn’t an explanation, and this video is practically a joke.

Beyond that, if it's fake, which I'm seriously doubting, your'e telling me that someone went to all the trouble to:
1. Find the name of someone who genuinely works for a French printing company with ties to both Bandai Namco and Illumination
2. Create 7 new renders in a similar art style
3. Move around the already existing characters to show parts we had not seen before or completely recreate the entire banner and a blank version from scratch
4. Base it off a random 4chan text post from months ago or plant the seeds in advance
5. Include step by step instructions on how to turn it into a display
6. Make some "fake" credibility by including never before seen promotional images for an entirely unrelated film that comes out in around the same time frame as the game
7. Send the video to his friend who took screenshots or send the video to another phone he owns to send screenshots
8. AND intentionally poorly cover up the name of the guy who was in step 1?

If this is just some coincidence, it's just about the greatest one in history. If it's a leak, then whoever did it is a genius and fooled the entire internet with such an intricate and complex fake leak. I really doubt that it's fake because of the sheer effort that it would have taken to make it fake, plus nearly everyone directly involved either staying silent or saying "yeah it's fake" because of course they would, they don't want to confirm anything. Either way, it seems like there's a lot more evidence for it being real than it being fake.

[User Posted Image]

Well, this aged poorly. :V
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#409 Posted: 14:43:11 01/11/2018
Indeed it did, indeed it did...

So much for that leak. I always had my doubts about it.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#410 Posted: 14:46:09 01/11/2018
Two Direct notes

Holy hell Piranha Plant as a fighter is master trolling. What was going on at Sora and Namco when this idea was floated around? XD

KIRBY IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST NINTENDO CHARACTER. NO DEBATE. :P
---
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#411 Posted: 14:51:23 01/11/2018
Well, Grinch leak was fake.

BUT INCINEROAR IS IN SMASH BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#412 Posted: 15:14:39 01/11/2018
SAKURAI WENT FULL THANOS

Quote: Vespi
For my fellow skeptics of this rumor (also check the comments b/c there's a quick correction)

Yes, I'd rather it not be true. I said it before and I'll say it again... I'd rather have more robust single-player options (like a story mode) than a ton of characters beyond the EVERYONE IS HERE! thing. But I know I'm in the minority so... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

GameXplain is literally sponsored by Nintendo, of course they’re going to deny it. They thought the ESRB one and the Ryu/Roy one in Smash 4 were fake and look what happened. “It’s blurry and the clouds are weird” isn’t an explanation, and this video is practically a joke.

Beyond that, if it's fake, which I'm seriously doubting, your'e telling me that someone went to all the trouble to:
1. Find the name of someone who genuinely works for a French printing company with ties to both Bandai Namco and Illumination
2. Create 7 new renders in a similar art style
3. Move around the already existing characters to show parts we had not seen before or completely recreate the entire banner and a blank version from scratch
4. Base it off a random 4chan text post from months ago or plant the seeds in advance
5. Include step by step instructions on how to turn it into a display
6. Make some "fake" credibility by including never before seen promotional images for an entirely unrelated film that comes out in around the same time frame as the game
7. Send the video to his friend who took screenshots or send the video to another phone he owns to send screenshots
8. AND intentionally poorly cover up the name of the guy who was in step 1?

If this is just some coincidence, it's just about the greatest one in history. If it's a leak, then whoever did it is a genius and fooled the entire internet with such an intricate and complex fake leak. I really doubt that it's fake because of the sheer effort that it would have taken to make it fake, plus nearly everyone directly involved either staying silent or saying "yeah it's fake" because of course they would, they don't want to confirm anything. Either way, it seems like there's a lot more evidence for it being real than it being fake.

[User Posted Image]

Well, this aged poorly. :V

I’ll woman up. I’ll admit when I’m duped.
I just wanna see how it was done at this point.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#413 Posted: 15:31:59 01/11/2018
I'm guessing false info was spread (by the higher ups) and that is what was leaked instead of the real info. Maybe Sakurai is smarter than we thought.
#414 Posted: 15:40:03 01/11/2018
I'd like to point out that Incineroar, the bara furbait 'mon with a literal crotch of fire, has been assigned roster number 69. GG, Smash team, you got us. XD

---
#415 Posted: 15:44:40 01/11/2018
Quote: Buchi
I'm guessing false info was spread (by the higher ups) and that is what was leaked instead of the real info. Maybe Sakurai is smarter than we thought.

"M-Mr. Sakurai! They're trying to leak the roster!" The intern cried.
Sakurai took a long drag of his cigarette, before putting it out on his letter to Geno. Damn, did these fools really think they could best him? He created the game. He nurtured the characters. He invited Ridley, K. Rool, weren't those enough?
"Make Piranha Plant a fighter." He said, leaning back in his chair. The man needed rest. "They can wait for the DLC."
"P-Piranha Plant, sir? But that's insane..."
Sakurai pulled a large golden glove out from under the table, adorned with 6 colorful gems, and placed it on his left hand.
"Not as insane as this." Sakurai snapped his fingers, and a while light consumed the universe. "Now the roster is balanced, as all things should be."

- - -
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#416 Posted: 16:20:22 01/11/2018
I'd like to point out that Incineroar, the bara furbait 'mon with a literal crotch of fire, has been assigned roster number 69. GG, Smash team, you got us. XD

The furries are taking over and their conquest begins with SSB.

Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#417 Posted: 16:29:58 01/11/2018
Incineroar is such a mediocre choice, piranha plant looks okay but did we need another mario and pokemon rep? Guess im skipping out on a switch until next year then
#418 Posted: 16:56:15 01/11/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
Incineroar is such a mediocre choice, piranha plant looks okay but did we need another mario and pokemon rep? Guess im skipping out on a switch until next year then

AHEM say that again
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
#419 Posted: 16:59:39 01/11/2018
Hey guys, would you mind giving me some feedback for a possible tournament?
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#420 Posted: 17:15:26 01/11/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

AHEM say that again
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

this cat jabroni keeping kayfabe alive. what a mark.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#421 Posted: 17:27:47 01/11/2018
They put the Piranha Plant in Smash. What a time to be alive.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#422 Posted: 17:58:42 01/11/2018
I'm convinced it has to be a response to all the Waluigi requests.

You want your joke character? **** you... here's a completely different joke character.
---
#423 Posted: 18:12:19 01/11/2018
Ok but are we gonna talk about the fact that an army of master hands thanos'd most of the smash bros roster

Also I'm maining Pirahna Plant when he comes out
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#424 Posted: 19:22:19 01/11/2018
I was expecting the full original 8 to survive the purge, but nope, just Kirby. Guess it pays to be the game director's son.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#425 Posted: 19:29:33 01/11/2018
What if the Grinch Leak

was PURPOSELY done by Nintendo to counter the many "leaks" coming out?

Real leaker: "Incineroar is in guys!"
Community that believed the Grinch leak: "Grinch said they weren't in so they aren't unless it's DLC"
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:05 01/11/2018 by KrystalLBX
#426 Posted: 20:31:25 01/11/2018
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I have no idea whether or not these are accurate but, if they are, that's hilarious. I know I've joked about Sakurai liking to pretend the new Kirby games don't exist, but this is on another level. XD
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#427 Posted: 23:09:59 01/11/2018
OH MY GOD MY TIGER BOY IS IN. I WENT NUTS WHEN HE WAS REVEALED!!!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#428 Posted: 23:33:42 01/11/2018
My boy, off to destroy another universe. I'm so proud of you kirby <3
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#429 Posted: 00:39:09 02/11/2018
Im honestly not too crazy about Ken or Incineroar being added in

But Pirahna Plant is something I never thought I needed
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#430 Posted: 03:02:30 02/11/2018 | Topic Creator
funny how krystal is posting a bunch of incineroar memes when she thought the grinch leak was real

honey you flip flop faster than donnie t
#431 Posted: 05:16:50 02/11/2018
Quote: ZapNorris
funny how krystal is posting a bunch of incineroar memes when she thought the grinch leak was real

honey you flip flop faster than donnie t

The Grinch leak was really believable and said Incineroar wasn't in

I'm just happy my precious cat wrestler baby finally made it to smash!

Just because I believed the smash Grinch, doesn't mean I can't be happy for my favorite fire starter
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#432 Posted: 05:52:19 02/11/2018
Well RIP Shadow but I'm happy for everything else. Cannot wait for the final game.
---
Bruh
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#433 Posted: 06:23:50 02/11/2018
I never thought that the Grinch leak was real. I was on the fence and skeptical about it the entire time. Aside from that, I'm extremely hyped that Incineroar, Ken and Piranha Plant got into Smash as playable fighters! I'm also really excited for World of Light.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#434 Posted: 16:21:40 02/11/2018
I just realized I never posted my thoughts lmao
I’m pumped for Ken because I love Street Fighter, I couldn’t care less about Incineroar, Piranha Plant was unexpected and I was pissed but now I’m pumped as hell. How could anyone not like that nice curved shape?

World of Light looks hype as hell though. I’m glad we have some sort of story mode this time!
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#435 Posted: 16:57:28 02/11/2018
Except it does not look as cool as Subspace Emissary,also worried about the spirits system,it smell like a gacha to me.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#436 Posted: 17:06:27 02/11/2018
Quote: fyra
Except it does not look as cool as Subspace Emissary,also worried about the spirits system,it smell like a gacha to me.

I think it looks way cooler than Subspace.
I didn't like all the platforming stuff in Subspace, and the Maze is the worst final part of any story mode I've ever seen. This is just fighting, so I'm excited.
#437 Posted: 17:37:27 02/11/2018 | Topic Creator
plant boys turn up
#438 Posted: 17:44:09 02/11/2018
plant boys turn up

[User Posted Image]
i cant believe there a little shop of horrors rep in smash
#439 Posted: 17:44:55 02/11/2018
It'd be cool if you got extra levels in the story mode for the dlc characters
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#440 Posted: 17:45:54 02/11/2018 | Topic Creator
feeeeeeed me sakurai
#441 Posted: 18:10:57 02/11/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
It'd be cool if you got extra levels in the story mode for the dlc characters

I want Piranha Plant to kick Galeem in the glowing orb.

feeeeeeed me sakurai

"This new fighter requires blood to survive."
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#442 Posted: 23:18:27 02/11/2018
Honestly this is the most underwhelmed I've been waiting for a Smash game, to the point where I might just demote from the special edition to the regular edition.

I don't really care much about the roster since I was happy with the Wii U/3DS roster (I like the addition of the Pirahna Plant though, looks fun, and I like Chrom as a character too), but everything else has so much fine print behind it like "hey we brought back Adventure Mode (but without the actual adventuring)" or "we have a cool RPG system (but no more trophies, instead have these PNGs we got from Google Images)" or "everyone is here! (but we're hard nerfing loads of characters to the point where they aren't fun let alone viable, and the new ones are just straight powercreep)".

Also the intro cutscene for World of Light was cool but it is kinda BS that Sakurai played favourites with Kirby again, especially since a good few characters were well capable of getting out of that. That also would have been better from a gameplay standpoint since you'd have a cool starting party of characters. Heck, they should just let us choose our own since there isn't really any story beyond the intro according tot he JP direct.

Though, I did like how Sonic slowed down to try and save Pikachu and then got hit. That was a cute detail and he's the real MVP for that.

The Direct itself was really poorly paced and some info wasn't made clear enough. Some people still think Spirits and World of Light are the same mode (though they are very similar, too similar even), and think Pirahna Plant is one of the five season pass characters.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:30 02/11/2018 by sonicbrawler182
#443 Posted: 01:46:09 03/11/2018 | Topic Creator
i'm just gonna say this one time-

i was correct about the grinch leak being fake and was right the whole time.

that is all :^)
#444 Posted: 01:50:28 03/11/2018

I mean there was speculation that the Grinch leak was leak bait.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
#445 Posted: 01:51:35 03/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: KrystalLBX

I mean there was speculation that the Grinch leak was leak bait.

end of the day i was right, despite being doubted and ostracized for it.

perhaps you might believe me more when i think something's up? smilie
First | Previous | Page 9 of 22 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me