Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > After the remake trilogy, I want them back
Page 1 of 1
After the remake trilogy, I want them back
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#1 Posted: 19:11:45 02/03/2018 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

In glorious 3D like the original trilogy, in 4K
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 19:14:51 02/03/2018
I've never even played them, to be honest! I never had a Gameboy!
Were they good?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#3 Posted: 19:22:33 02/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
I've never even played them, to be honest! I never had a Gameboy!
Were they good?

Very cute, nice and well made. They took the style of Classic Spyro very well!
Only problem? Being a game with isometric views :/ Often you can lose yourself for the game map, and even you can die for problems of depth and perspective
---
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#4 Posted: 19:26:59 02/03/2018
Spyro: Season of Ice is pretty bad, and the sequel was slightly better, but the third one was decent. The games would probably be a lot better in 3D, but it would be nice to add in swimming sections as well.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#5 Posted: 21:24:58 02/03/2018
I'd rather have all new games tbh. By all means reference or build on these, but still make new games. If any games should be remade/rebuilt after the first three it should be AHT and SL, but set in an expanded Classic Universe. I would love to see Bianca's and Hunter's homes but done in a way that isn't too silly and fits the universe.
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#6 Posted: 23:18:55 02/03/2018
I'm throwing money at the screen, but nothing's happening...

Funny thing is that I just restarted my SoI game last week. smilie Season of Flame is my favorite, though! AotR was okay.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#7 Posted: 07:02:35 03/03/2018
I wouldn't mind seeing these back, if only to make them control better. As Spyro games they are a much better than they're given credit for (which my 16 year old self disagreed with), but their only drawbacks were indeed the isometric camera. I'll probably get crucified for saying this but I actually like Spyro Fusion (AKA Spyro Orange) because it was a side-scroller, and its music and art style, and it had a better endgame mechanic than Crash Fusion (AKA Crash Purple). Not saying they should remaster that one, God no (even if it were included in the above 3 remasters, it'd still sour the whole package).

While we're on the subject, I'd also like to see the Crash games on GBA brought up to current day standards with more original music. They too were fistfantastic.
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#8 Posted: 18:34:40 03/03/2018
Actually it would make sense if the Season Trilogy and GBA Crash games were exclusive on the Nintendo Switch first. I'd love that.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:42 03/03/2018 by Radiance
#9 Posted: 21:11:27 03/03/2018
I personally want new games after the remaster, I don't want to keep seeing remaster after remaster, I do want something new and fresh, but is still in the same formula.
---
#10 Posted: 05:50:43 04/03/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I personally want new games after the remaster, I don't want to keep seeing remaster after remaster, I do want something new and fresh, but is still in the same formula.

I think the freshest we can expect is basically on the same level of the GBA games, which are essentially trying too hard to be Year of the Dragon/Warped. I would like to see additional games added to the series, absolutely, but my hopes aren't that high until I see how the remasters are handled.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#11 Posted: 12:10:16 04/03/2018
after the first remastered trilogy we should get a remaster of the legend of spyro games, that makes the most sense.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#12 Posted: 14:37:22 04/03/2018
Well, I could see them being actually remastered but would still be too early for actual remakes, in my opinion.
Sorry if “remasters” is what you did mean, Count, it’s just so hard to understand what peole mean when even the companies misuse those terms. smilie

I wouldn’t be against them remaking the Game Boy Advance titles, especially since I’ve always loved Spyro Adventure; the problem is they would basically have to rethink them entirely to work as fully 3D platformers aesthctically, gameplay and design-wise.
Unless they wanted to turn them into semi-3D titles similarly to Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks, which would simply need a graphical enhancement.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:06:32 04/03/2018 by Drek95
#13 Posted: 16:19:40 04/03/2018
Quote: CountMoneyBone
after the first remastered trilogy we should get a remaster of the legend of spyro games, that makes the most sense.

I'd much rather a graphic novel series; it'd make more sense given LOS didn't do THAT well financially. Also the medium would not only give the story some much needed room to be developed but also let the art style of the games shine.
#14 Posted: 18:04:21 04/03/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75

I personally doubt that they'll even acknowledged the existence of those games going forward...

at least its more chance they acknowledged those games existence than the gameboy games.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#15 Posted: 22:10:34 04/03/2018

I personally doubt that they'll even acknowledged the existence of those games going forward...

Same. Honestly, I'm surprised they brought Malefor back in Skylanders. DoTD was such a mess both story and gameplay wise that I'm asontished that they didn't sweep the whole thing under the rug and forget about it.

It's been a decade since I've played the console versions of ANB and TEN so IDK how they are. :p
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#16 Posted: 22:19:29 04/03/2018

Urm, no, it doesn't really make a lot of sense since the games didn't receive very well, and I don't see why Activision would be interested in remaking another reboot, it would start to get a bit silly. And besides, the whole Legend of Spyro thing would need to be remade from scratch, instead of copying the Lord of the Rings story.
---
#17 Posted: 15:22:46 05/03/2018 | Topic Creator

It does not make much sense, partly because the remakes of the first three Spyro are used to bring the classic universe back into vogue.

Probably in a future "Spyro 4" will insert Cynder, that is the only thing that I think could take from the TLOS universe that, compared to Skylanders, had a totally different tone than the classic series.
---
#18 Posted: 17:35:17 05/03/2018
there is much more easier to remake a ps2/xbox game than a gameboy game, thats why they will do the tlos games, if they at all want to make any more spyro remake...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#19 Posted: 19:01:09 05/03/2018
They'll probably remake AHT if they were going to remake another Spyro game, since, well, that one is actually generally well liked unlike TLOS.

I don't really want anymore remakes after the original trilogy, I don't want the franchise just to live on remakes.
---
#20 Posted: 20:09:53 05/03/2018
No, after the remakes make a NEW Spyro game that incorporates things from the GBA games, AHT, Shadow Legacy, and LOS.

Replace the AHT Elders with Ignitus and the rest, bring in Cynder with Ember and Flame, bring back Red as a villain and flesh him out, make Maelfor the ominous force of evil and darkness he was meant to be and it's golden.
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#21 Posted: 20:53:26 05/03/2018
Just throwing this out there. I doubt they'll ever remake tlos, but those games have a huge freaking fan base. For the most part, that series was the love child of the spyro-related internet. I think it would have the best chance outside of the classic trilogy, easily.

I don't even see how one would go about remaking it, seeing as the rights are mish mashed between several different companies, but obviously activision knows that tlos was indeed popular, or we wouldn't have Cynder and Malefor in Skylanders.

Glad to see we've basically confirmed the remakes. I think we all knew it was coming, but it is nice to see it actually starting. I'm thinking the GDC is where it will be announced, I guess?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#22 Posted: 21:00:49 05/03/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
Just throwing this out there. I doubt they'll ever remake tlos, but those games have a huge freaking fan base. For the most part, that series was the love child of the spyro-related internet. I think it would have the best chance outside of the classic trilogy, easily.

I don't even see how one would go about remaking it, seeing as the rights are mish mashed between several different companies, but obviously activision knows that tlos was indeed popular, or we wouldn't have Cynder and Malefor in Skylanders.

Glad to see we've basically confirmed the remakes. I think we all knew it was coming, but it is nice to see it actually starting. I'm thinking the GDC is where it will be announced, I guess?

Eh, not really. The TLOS fanbase has died down a lot since DOTD, and the games weren't received very well. The TLOS fanbase may have been sizable in, say, 2006-2009, but if I were to rank the fanbases now, Legend would be last by a considerable margin.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:49 05/03/2018 by JCW555
#23 Posted: 21:02:13 05/03/2018

I must admit, I was beginning to lose hope when Spyro wasn't confirmed at PSX, but now we've got all of these hints that are coming together, I've regained my hope. It's just funny how fans in the past used to say that Spyro will never get remade, or it will never go back to the way it was because it was dated, and now look at it smilie
---
#24 Posted: 21:05:25 05/03/2018

I must admit, I was beginning to lose hope when Spyro wasn't confirmed at PSX, but now we've got all of these hints that are coming together, I've regained my hope. It's just funny how fans in the past used to say that Spyro will never get remade, or it will never go back to the way it was because it was dated, and now look at it :P

I second that for sure. I never understood those people. To me, and a lot of fans of the classic Spyro (even non-fans) the games are timeless. An icon of the PS1/PSX days, and whether people admit it or not, an influence on platformers of that time.

I couldn't be happier to see Spyro finally get the remakes he's always deserved.

our little goonro, right? XD
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#25 Posted: 21:46:01 05/03/2018

I must admit, I was beginning to lose hope when Spyro wasn't confirmed at PSX, but now we've got all of these hints that are coming together, I've regained my hope. It's just funny how fans in the past used to say that Spyro will never get remade, or it will never go back to the way it was because it was dated, and now look at it smilie

I second that for sure. I never understood those people. To me, and a lot of fans of the classic Spyro (even non-fans) the games are timeless. An icon of the PS1/PSX days, and whether people admit it or not, an influence on platformers of that time.

I couldn't be happier to see Spyro finally get the remakes he's always deserved.

our little goonro, right? smilie

Yep, the games are very satisfying to play, and AHT, while it's a decent game, really missed out on the satisfaction factor. But, no game is perfect, even the PS1 Spyro games have their little hiccups, some of the challenges feel a little dated to play, but that's mainly due to the controls needing to be improved.

And I cannot wait for Activision to announce this "gem"

I only call him that when he gets annoying in the game, when I can't complete a challenge, so instead of me swearing, I call out "Goonro!" instead
<Relateable? I can't spell either, cool.
---
#26 Posted: 22:08:41 05/03/2018
Honestly, after the brand new game which I hope will come out in 2020 or later, I’d rather want a remake of Enter the Dragonfly.

I don’t flat out hate that game, but technical issues aside I still consider it as one of the biggest wasted opportunities in the whole videogames’ history, or at least in Spyro’s.
The cut content for that game could potentially turn it into a classic, nothing inferior to Gateway to Glimmer or Year of the Dragon.

They simply have to take the needed time the original developers didn’t have, update the game with newer graphics and assets, tweak controllers a bit and I’m confident we’d have something which could truly be considered “Spyro 4”.

A Hero’s Tail isn’t obsolete nor rushed enough to justify a remake right now, in my opinion.
Maybe a remaster, if anything.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:53:17 05/03/2018 by Drek95
#27 Posted: 22:13:38 05/03/2018
I remember seeing something about Insomniac wanting to do a fourth Spyro game, and it was going to be about Spyro going back in time, or he could control time, something like that, and then they cancelled it pretty early on, because their contract with Universal ran out. I saw this a couple of years back, so I don't remember the source. Just thought it was an interesting concept.
---
#28 Posted: 22:15:48 05/03/2018
I remember seeing something about Insomniac wanting to do a fourth Spyro game, and it was going to be about Spyro going back in time, or he could control time, something like that, and then they cancelled it pretty early on, because their contract with Universal ran out. I saw this a couple of years back, so I don't remember the source. Just thought it was an interesting concept.

that might have been one of the concepts for Enter the Dragonfly, there were a few before the final product, I think.

to the above post, I would love a new Enter the Dragonfly, that's for sure.

I think as a whole, though, I want a new classic world spyro game, pretty please, activision?
---
#29 Posted: 22:21:45 05/03/2018
Remaking ETD would require making an entirely different game, so I don't really think it's worth the effort.

Yeah, if they're going to remake ETD, might as well just make a new game.
---
#30 Posted: 22:41:44 05/03/2018
^boooooooooooooooooooo! XD

they could add to it drastically. make the levels the home worlds for a new set of levels that fit the general theme or something.

a lot of people said the same about the originals, too.

Enter the Dragonfly has my main vote, and I think tlos is most likely, but honestly I don't think they're going to do anything. crash probably has the biggest chance.
---
#31 Posted: 22:59:53 05/03/2018
a lot of people said the same about the originals, too.

Yup, this is what I used to think as well (and the reason why I’m still a tiny bit doubtful about Flacon truly being about the remakes, and not a brand new game, despite all the evidence suggesting otherwise).

I think a big part of the potential difficulties of remaking Enter the Dragonfly depends on how much of the actual cut content was actually somehow finished, and simply not implemented due to time constraints or other reasons.
Basically the reason why we got Stormy Ascent but not the lava or waterfall levels, and also why we might not see cut content added in the Spyro remakes.

Regarding the announcement of the original trilogy’s remakes, I’m actually convinced it may come sooner than the GDC.
Crash’s Twitter account was discovered roughly 72 hours before the game was announced, apparently, so considering Activision seemingly doesn’t update his social media during the weekend I’d expect it by the end of this week.
Probably on Thursday, since that’s when the company usually does its press conferences.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#32 Posted: 23:03:18 05/03/2018
I honestly don't think they'll redo any other Spyro games after the OT, but especially TLOS because it would make everything so messy.

It was a reboot, and it would make no sense to redo a reboot if the original idea is still doing well - so, say if the OT remake is successful, it wouldn't make sense to jump straight to the thing that was meant to rejuvenate the series is it's just been freshened up already.

I wouldn't even want a remake of my precious AHT - because, while I love it to bits, it's no where near as popular as the OT, and is too far removed from those games to make the remade series run smoothly (half the characters from YOTD are missing and a heap of new ones are introduced, so you'd have to rework everything for it all to make sense, and by then, what's the point?)

Sorry if I'm not making sense (it's getting late here) but what I'm saying is: Only the OT is popular enough to remake. The other games would all require major upheavals to fit into the OT timeline, and are not worth the effort (in Activision's opinion, probably) to remake. By the time you've 'fixed' everything about the other games, (the ones with half the nostalgia value because not as many people played them) you might as well make a new game, which will be far more exciting for the developers and the audience.

Whew. I think I'm off to bed now!
#33 Posted: 07:49:44 06/03/2018
In a world where Legend of Kay gets a remaster, I think anything is possible. Unlikely, but within the realms of reality. And as I've said a few times before, ETD is the exact kind of game that should get remastered; not because it was great, but because it wasn't great and its potential was laid low by poor publisher standards and overly high expectations. I doubt Insomniac could've done much better in those conditions (which is why I'd imagine they'd wanted total control over Sunset Overdrive, hence making it an Xbone exclusive. I wish I was here when that went down).

Yelvy raises some great points as well. While I'd like a lot of these things, there's not much justification besides "nostalgia value", even if we can point out the objective greatness of these games - Activision will chase the highest bidder, the common denominator.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:53:47 06/03/2018 by Johnbonne
#34 Posted: 22:44:48 06/03/2018
people are dreaming if they think activision will remake gameboy games "In glorious 3D like the original trilogy, in 4K".......
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#35 Posted: 23:02:42 06/03/2018 | Topic Creator
people are dreaming if they think activision will remake gameboy games "In glorious 3D like the original trilogy, in 4K".......

lol if you do not even understand the irony, I'm so sorry.
These are simply the only games in the classic series that should be subjected to a remake if there were the occasion.
ETD needs a move similar to R & C PS4.
Hero's Tail is perfect as it is, a port on the ps store would suffice like "ps2 classic".

A new game? Well come, more than willingly. Spyro, as well as Crash, is a series that has infinite potential.

But TLOS? Absolutely not. It makes no sense to remake a reboot when Activision's idea revives the classic Spyro together with Crash.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:03:01 06/03/2018 by danyq94
#36 Posted: 06:29:03 07/03/2018

Not to dogpile you but there's nothing wrong with speculating how these games could turn out, especially if people know it'll never happen. It's not building up hype, but discussing what could be and what people like. How many people get the chance to talk about the old GBA games and garner as much attention as a thread like this? I think now's the time to do so before these games vanish into obscurity once more.

Spyro Fusion can stay in obscurity though.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me