Page 1 of 1
Lack of Original Soundtrack
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#1 Posted: 03:37:56 28/02/2018 | Topic Creator
I feel that something that really effected my enjoyment of the game was the lack of a soundtrack composed specifically for Imaginators. Don't get me wrong, I loved some of the royalty free and licensed tracks that they used but it did give the impression that the soundtrack was a complete afterthought which, in my opinion it should never be. An original soundtrack to me is just as important as a story, it really does matter to me but unfortunately it seemed like it didn't take priority. Fortunately, however, a lot of the tracks they used were pleasant to listen to but it could never beat the music of the previous five games due to them being composed specifically for those games (with the exception of some villain tracks in trap team and some remixes here and there). Everything else about imaginators was great, just one of the things holding it back from being near the top of the franchise was the music.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#2 Posted: 03:47:26 28/02/2018
A great soundtrack greatly enhances a game, and a memorable soundtrack helps with a games identity. As a classic Spyro fan, I know the instant I hear something from Spyro 1-4, and the classic Spyro games are known for their soundtracks. A shame Toys For Bob/Activision skimped out on that.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3 Posted: 03:55:43 28/02/2018
I assume it was due to budget going towards all the Imaginator parts
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#4 Posted: 04:03:30 28/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: JCW555
A great soundtrack greatly enhances a game, and a memorable soundtrack helps with a games identity. As a classic Spyro fan, I know the instant I hear something from Spyro 1-4, and the classic Spyro games are known for their soundtracks. A shame Toys For Bob/Activision skimped out on that.

I think a lot of the corners cut not only in Imaginators but in previous games also, were probably down to Activision's tight yearly release schedule that doesn't really allow either Toys For Bob or Vicarious Visions any leeway if they need a few extra months to polish the game. Unfortunately I believe the soundtrack was a victim to that.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I assume it was due to budget going towards all the Imaginator parts

A publishing juggernaut such as Activision should be able to afford to budget for a soundtrack. If for some reason it was down the budgeting, I definitely would have sacrificed some imaginator parts for an OST. A great soundtrack can make a good game great, it just brings the game up to the next level. I just finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 but I am constantly wanting to revisit some of the worlds of the game sometimes just down to the breathtakingly amazing tracks. I feel just an OST alone would have added an extra 10 hours to my play time.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#5 Posted: 10:56:33 28/02/2018
Acti didn't care about giving them a budget, probably why they had to ditch Lorne Balfe and use licenses they got all the way back in Trap Team(well at least a lot of them). I absolutely dislike how it removes the identity of the game, but it was just one extra problem in a long list.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me