Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Switch Recommendations?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1 Posted: 01:31:43 21/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Hiya, guys.

So, I'm taking a stab in the dark (heh), and asking for some help here. Specifically, from all you Switch owners. I'd like to put together a "Switch Starter Kit," and am wondering what sort of accessories you'd recommend beyond the Pro Controller.

Also, has anyone tried using the GameCube Adapter with their Switch? And if so, how does it work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^.^b
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2 Posted: 01:42:11 21/02/2018
Honestly if you're getting a switch just stick with the regular joycons, it will feel weird for two minutes and then it will feel amazing

if you plan on doing tons of multiplayer games then I think the pro controllers would feel better than the tiny joycons

the stand isn't great so if you wanna use a stand id recommend looking for a custom one

dunno if any of this helps
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3 Posted: 01:46:32 21/02/2018
Pokken!! Get Pokken!!

Bayonetta 2

Mario Odyssey

Breath of the Wild
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#4 Posted: 01:46:43 21/02/2018
I don't even know how to open the stand, it's really stiff for some reason. Won't open.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#5 Posted: 02:17:34 21/02/2018
Dammit I'm an idiot I thought you were looking for games recommendations.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#6 Posted: 02:25:48 21/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Yeah, no games. Right now it's probably just gonna be Kirby and Mario Odyssey.

I'm looking for things like a good carrying case and possibly a better SD card (because that one that comes with the Switch is definitely way too small). But, y'know, not things that'll break the bank.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#7 Posted: 22:45:12 21/02/2018
Don't forget a glass screen protector!
zacklar Green Sparx Gems: 214
#8 Posted: 23:40:24 21/02/2018
Quote: HIR
Yeah, no games. Right now it's probably just gonna be Kirby and Mario Odyssey.

I'm looking for things like a good carrying case and possibly a better SD card (because that one that comes with the Switch is definitely way too small). But, y'know, not things that'll break the bank.

Actually the switch DOESN'T comes with an SD
a good SD would be a good start
a screen protector is a must
tbh i like the joycons feel on the grip so i wouldn't suggest a pro controller unless you REALLY want it

also we rarely undock it, sooo...about a carrying case or something i couldn't really tell
#9 Posted: 23:57:35 21/02/2018
I can't even open the stand, which is necessary for microSDs, so... I'm not 100% on getting one if the you can do without. Or if you can manage to open it.
#10 Posted: 00:22:45 22/02/2018
Quote: Buchi
I can't even open the stand, which is necessary for microSDs, so... I'm not 100% on getting one if the you can do without. Or if you can manage to open it.

[User Posted Image]

really? is the tab stuck or something?
#11 Posted: 00:26:18 22/02/2018
I dunno. I've tried, but it's just really stiff.
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#12 Posted: 00:30:47 22/02/2018
For must have games

Pokken
FE Warriors
Splatoon 2
Arms
Senren Kagura Shinobi Rifel
Mario Oddyeusy
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:26:25 22/02/2018 by KrystalLBX
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#13 Posted: 00:36:29 22/02/2018
I second the glass screen protector suggestion. It has saved my switch from my inability to hold things
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#14 Posted: 01:06:51 22/02/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX
Pokken
FE Warriors
Splatoon 2
Arms
Senren Kagura Shinobi Rifel
Mario Oddyeusy

i recommend reading any of the topic
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#15 Posted: 05:35:13 22/02/2018
i got a tempered glass screen protector
back at launch, a lot of people said their screens got scratched by the dock and i didnt really want to take that risk
this is the one i ended up getting, and its worked PHENOMENALLY for me so far!

a carrying case is also essential
of the two ive had, the leather BOTW/mario kart/splatoon ones that they sell pretty much everywhere have worked pretty good for me
they offer really good protection while also being able to hold a fair amount of accessories and games (mine can usually fit my switch, 2 pairs of joy cons, some headphones, and at least 4 games but its kinda snug and ymmv)
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#16 Posted: 08:21:58 22/02/2018
Vespi's suggestion of a screen protector of some kind are good. I was pretty careless with my Switch so I just jiggled the console about until it went into the slot (I say this in past tense; traded it in to put money toward a new gaming rig). SD cards are as cheap as chips, so I'd pick one up but it's not like there's many games that demand a lot of storage space.

Games I recommend are the first party ones, no question there, but I strongly recommend Snake Pass as one of your indie titles. That was some good stuff! And don't let the original flak that Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (mostly from me) sway you; it's really, really good as a tactics-lite game. smilie
#17 Posted: 08:27:52 22/02/2018
If anyone here is looking for game recommendations, though, Fire Emblem Warriors is the sole game I think every Switch owner should have.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12063
#18 Posted: 08:54:22 22/02/2018
Screen protector (Plastic will do just fine if you don't want glass which will make it heavier.)
Micro SD card
Protective case (Even if you don't carry your switch around, it's still good at keeping it dust free.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:07:28 22/02/2018 by Spyro Fanatic
#19 Posted: 17:12:49 22/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Alright. Sounds like I'll be getting a screen protector, a micro SD, and a case. I was always going to get a case (gonna bring the Switch to PAX if I can get it next month), but the screen protector sounds mighty important for on-the-go.

Only question left is if anyone's tried the GameCube Controller Adapter on the Switch and how it works. I feel like GameXplain might have a video about it, but I'm not sure.
---
#20 Posted: 17:42:23 22/02/2018
Alright. Sounds like I'll be getting a screen protector, a micro SD, and a case. I was always going to get a case (gonna bring the Switch to PAX if I can get it next month), but the screen protector sounds mighty important for on-the-go.

Only question left is if anyone's tried the GameCube Controller Adapter on the Switch and how it works. I feel like GameXplain might have a video about it, but I'm not sure.

if its the same as how the pokken controller works, then its literally the same as the joycons and stuff, minus the capture button and gyroscope
#21 Posted: 20:56:17 22/02/2018

from what ive heard it’s basically just the wii u adapter and that not a lot of games work well with it, but it’s still worth picking up in case theres a new smash

also if you dont have the MOST primo internet package or w/e id suggest a LAN adapter if you plan on doing any online, especially splatoon 2. my girlfriend and i have had horrible issues with that game in particular but if you plan on doing any online, the LAN adapter that works best for us is the wii one, it should be p cheap
#22 Posted: 20:59:19 22/02/2018 | Topic Creator
I don't have an ethernet port where I live, so there's not much I can do there. Would the Wii U LAN adapter work if I have it?
---
#23 Posted: 21:17:56 22/02/2018
I don't have an ethernet port where I live, so there's not much I can do there. Would the Wii U LAN adapter work if I have it?

i dont have much experience with wii u LAN stuff but if it goes into the USB port of the wii u then in theory it should work on the switch
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me