darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Is Skylanders imaginators really good?
Page 1 of 1
Is Skylanders imaginators really good?
MLG Skylander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1084
#1 Posted: 20:45:14 20/02/2018 | Topic Creator
(Wait before you delete this forum I’m sorry for what I did in the past)
So what pointless forum is about will we going taking about why Skylanders imaginators is a mediocre miss
---
Call me chad yu instead of the stupid and dumb username that I pick when I was a stupid kid
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 21:11:14 20/02/2018
yes.

if anybody tells you superchargers was better, end them.
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#3 Posted: 22:14:49 20/02/2018
Personally, Imaginators was my second favourite game, tied with SA.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#4 Posted: 04:20:18 21/02/2018
gameplay was great.....as long as you use a Sensei or Imaginator :/ story was utter crap, and the storyteller idea just fell flat IMO. as a whole, I actually find it the weakest in the series ( console wise....if I include 3DS, then the 3DS version of SA is the weakest game ). I seriously have more fun playing Superchargers ( at least you can use literally anyone & still have fun....unlike Imaginators )
#5 Posted: 16:32:51 21/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The one problem that I have with Skylanders imaginators is the gameplay it gets boring fast And the the new Skylanders are awful they are not fun and the same
---
Call me chad yu instead of the stupid and dumb username that I pick when I was a stupid kid
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#6 Posted: 15:59:04 22/02/2018
What's there in Imaginators is great; the combat is fluid, the arena is nice, and the character creation is tons of fun. Still, it's really light on content compared to the other games, so that bumps it down a bit for me. It feels like a rush job in all the other areas, from the "story" to the level count. Plus, they nerfed all the old characters because of the Imaginator level cap! They could've just kept the main game at normal difficulty and had an extra dungeon or something where all the enemies are way tougher to help Imaginators level up, but again, the game feels extremely incomplete after a little while playing it. You'll have a lot of fun for the first few hours, but then you start to realize the game is about 1/3 the size of Trap Team, leaving it feeling like Skylanders Extra-Lite.
#7 Posted: 16:41:21 22/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The “story” is childish yah I know this for kids but Kirby games had better story than Skylanders imaginations(I hate my iPad)
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#8 Posted: 02:32:42 23/02/2018
Flawed, but pretty good.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#9 Posted: 16:46:03 26/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The boss fight are not challenging that all (I hate my spelling)
---
#10 Posted: 03:07:33 27/02/2018
Quote: MLG Skylander
The boss fight are not challenging that all (I hate my spelling)

I have to agree....especially if you're using an Imaginator. I've taken down Super Saiyan Kaos out in under a minute with my fire quickshot smilie
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#11 Posted: 03:54:12 27/02/2018
They didn't even bother making a soundtrack for it; all the songs are either stock or remixes. Despite what people say, more effort and cash was obviously put into Superchargers. At least they made stickers for all the characters...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#12 Posted: 12:52:01 27/02/2018
Quote: zookinator
They didn't even bother making a soundtrack for it; all the songs are either stock or remixes. Despite what people say, more effort and cash was obviously put into Superchargers. At least they made stickers for all the characters...

Agreed, as well as what was said of the bosses. I get they might've needed reasons for Imaginators to shine over Senseis, but to make them blitz through bosses is a bit too much.
#13 Posted: 13:16:32 27/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The characters are annoying they so annoying I Turn down the volume every time I play this game
---
#14 Posted: 21:22:26 27/02/2018
Quote: MLG Skylander
The characters are annoying they so annoying I Turn down the volume every time I play this game

I almost mute any time Mags talks...she's the only character in the franchise I just can't stand, so annoying.
#15 Posted: 13:15:26 28/02/2018
Well, there's arguably some good. The music was great, level themes were great, and we had portal master powers--with #74 letting us switch the upgrade paths of all characters. That alone upped the replayability a ton.

I feel that people hate too much on Superchargers for its intense focus on vehicles. While I can understand that, many ignore what good there is inside it. I personally liked the vehicle sections, so my only real complaint is that there should have been a proper are a challenge like SSF.
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#16 Posted: 00:10:32 02/03/2018
It's ok. Personally one of my least favorite games, but still worth playing through if you're a fan.
#17 Posted: 10:36:07 02/03/2018 | Topic Creator
The levels are short and easy
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#18 Posted: 12:26:58 03/03/2018
It sucks, way too OP characters, cringy dialogue, expensive, glitchy, uninspired level designs, no original music.

Just skip it.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#19 Posted: 13:58:21 03/03/2018
Part 1:

Quote:
More freedom in level selection thanks to all the sensei realms; there are issues with them namely how they're gated but they make replays much more portntially varied than any other entry.

I guess so, but that needs one Sensei of each element, and I think most non-serious players will be left with Golden Queen, King Pen, and maybe a couple of Creation Crystals. At least with the other games you could access almost every level without needing a particular Skylander or Magic Item. In Imaginators, you have to buy something in order to gain more meaningful content than twelve levels and a bunch of repeatable missions.

Quote:
A big hub with enemies to fight and **** to do that isn't minigames wow. Seriously people kept asking for something like this, and the execution certainly isn't the best but now that we have it nobody talks about it because they don't like the game.

We have a large hub, I'll grant you that. I think the reason nobody really talks about it is because it had a flawed execution. Sure, there's enemies wandering around, but is there anything else? The other hub worlds had secrets to discover and a gradually expanding area...this one sort of came out in clusters, and when there, there really wasn't anything except to find the digging rat, maybe some gold and stuff. There's that little Imaginite chest with the auras, I suppose.

Really, that pales in comparison to the likes of Trap Team's Academy. All the Legendary Treasures you found in the levels decorated it in some way, and more minigames, fighting or not, became available as you played. Trinkets were stolen away everywhere around there, and there were so many places to go despite its relatively small size. The MAP may have been larger, but it was far more empty than TT's Academy--freely-fightable enemies aside.

Quote:
Other than Fizzland, Battleship and Golden Arcade (which is an obligatory minigame level that's actually enjoyable as it isn't the same minigame every time and has solid combat segments and pacing) aren't levels which are full of puzzles like Giants or ones full of minigames like SC. These levels are great to replay because they aren't bogged down by things like this.

When there are gimmicks/minigames, they are terrible, especially compared to SC's. Don't care what you say, at least VV managed to pull it right. When there aren't gimmicks or minigames, the combat is great, but little else. This entire game focuses around Imaginators, and so practically every collectible aside from Soul Gems requires them. While I won't say that is terrible, I really miss the collectibles of TT that could benefit every Skylander, or at least the player. Even SC did a better job of including every Skylander in their umbrella.

They are fine to replay--rarely. I'd say the adventure pack levels like CTT, GPO, and LIM are far better than the main campaign, mostly because there isn't such a horrible story involved. The dialogue and reasoning for going to every level except the adventure pack levels feels very childish compared to the previous entries, making it feel like it was centric to kids and no one else. The levels are perfectly replayable if you can get past the sub-par storytelling.

Quote:
The combat pacing is ****ing fantastic with the senseis. It's sort of a crapshoot with old characters and imaginators break it but with Senseis you experience fantastic pacing, fantastic movesets and enemies that are not too bulky nor too light.

While the combat may be great for the brand-new characters, that's about it. Players have lauded in the past the inability to play with previous characters due to them being absurdly weak, particularly with STT. While we can blame the terrible balance that STT had, SI only has greed to blame. The Senseis are powerful, and become more so when they level up. It makes them feel better than any other Skylander, encouraging you to buy more of them.

The game really forces you to play with Senseis and Imaginators to really get anywhere, and any difficulty beyond Normal is terribly difficult with the older Skylanders. That's another core reason why this game isn't as good: it doesn't respect veterans nearly the same.
---
#20 Posted: 13:58:45 03/03/2018
Part 2:

Quote:
It has more postgame than people ever credit it for. It's better postgame than TT or SC; I have no idea why people credit TT's, and SC's is about the same amount and more varied but a lot more of it is ****ty and not replayable. Actual collectables and **** in levels unlike SC, an addictive arena, and grinding to your heart's content on Imaginators, combined with the biggest level number in the series if you have every AP and realm, and Brain Adventures (which are what SC's quests SHOULD have been).

It doesn't have better post-game content than Swap Force, which arguably has the best arena system to date. I'd like to see why you think Trap Team's and Supercharger's content is terrible, but I think it is becaue of Trap Team's lack of balance and Superchargers' big push on vehicles. Note that SSA has a larger level count than Imaginators (26 >24), and even more if you include the Heroic Challenges.

I don't think the arena in Imaginators is all that great; Superchargers had a better format than all the others, it just had a flawed execution. Trap Team's was similar to Giants', and felt rather gimmicky, but at least it felt tight and difficult due to the layout. SSF's were large and challenging, and were greatly replayable. SI just had a big circle with a bunch of enemies falling into it, compared to the traps and environments of SG, SSF, and STT. SSC didn't have environments, but it had power-ups and other things to make things interesting as well.

I also don't think grinding is a way to get better post-game content. Aside from levelling and upgrading Skylanders, it becomes tiresome quickly, particularly with finding Imaginite Chests. SSC's level chests, while not ideal, at least had a varied selection of goods, and the shop in the game gave you something else to spend gold on. In Imaginators, it could have done with an option to buy chests with a character's collected gold, especially since there's no use for it outside of upgrades.

As for the Brain Missions, they feel rather lackluster when compared to the Bonus and Heroic Challenges of old, as the layouts of the missions are very simple, they are incredibly short, and are very repetitive. They don't give you a lasting reward, unlike the previous games, where your efforts went to upgrading all of your Skylanders collectively. Imaginators focused only on the gimmick Skylander, and while you can have as many as you wish, they really don't feel that different from each other past the core ten.

Quote:
Switch version (also has the digital character select that has been lowkey wanted by many over the years)

I wouldn't say it has felt like a must for the core console experience, as we still have our Skylanders. I won't deny the Switch version is nice for its portability, and want to get it myself sometime, but the charater selection is horrible compared to the last three entries for the 3DS. On the handheld, all the SKylanders were sorted by element, while in Imaginators Switch, it is sorted by last-used, which becomes especially bothersome with larger collections.

Quote:
Did people forget how pretty the environmental designs still art; this isn't something ragged on or exactly a point to imaginators but people bring up the other game slooking good and yet not imaginators when that also looks pretty good. It's on the lower end for the series but it's not like SF where it's ugly and doesn't fit the series and it is still something to be noted. I'd like to shout out the Mausoleum level in particular as that was the first time I felt like I was in a traditional dungeon or crypt since the first game.

The reason why there are few discussion is because Superchargers nailed it. SF may have been ugly, and TT may have been slightly primitive, but SC made it feel realistic, like how Skylands ought to be. VV didn't really cut corners in making the game look beautiful, such as using few 2D assets. The level environments for places like Vault of the Ancients or Spellpunk Library were especially great, and were part of the reason why I regularly replayed that game.

Lets talk Imaginators. I noticed that many 2D assets were used, which I feel is a detriment. The level environments were varied, yes, but they really felt...bland. You really didn't do anything interesting with the environment, unlike what was done with all the previous games. With SSA, you had everything from destroying the tornado in level four, to riding an Arkeyan in the penultimate level. That felt cool the first time I did it, especially since it was unexpected.

SG had plenty of puzzles, sure, but the environment came alive because of them. It felt like the world was working against you to prevent you from reaching your goal, on top of having enemies attack. In SSF and SC, it's the same. TT had some parts of that, but I think having Villains be a major aspect of each environment was far better done. Imaginators had little-to-nothing in having the environment be against you, except for few levels where you simply had to jump or play a minigame. Puzzles were slow, yes, but at least they felt rewarding--especially if you can complete them fast for a time challenge.
---
#21 Posted: 17:31:23 03/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Ok....
---
#22 Posted: 03:46:12 06/03/2018
I'll leave any further thoughts done to the reviews I'll be posting in my topic, which you can find in my signature. I will completely deny that the racing of SI is as good as SSC though; having played through it, the balance of the vehicles have been completely broken. You die within three hits, while in SSC you could actually last a little while. I'd sooner return to Superchargers for the racing.
---
#23 Posted: 16:38:35 07/03/2018 | Topic Creator
What the **** is happening
(I’m planning on doing this for all the games)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:28 15/03/2018 by MLG Skylander
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me