darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Is Skylanders imaginators really good?
Page 1 of 1
Is Skylanders imaginators really good?
MLG Skylander Blue Sparx Gems: 682
#1 Posted: 20:45:14 20/02/2018 | Topic Creator
(Wait before you delete this forum I’m sorry for what I did in the past)
So what pointless forum is about will we going taking about why Skylanders imaginators is a mediocre miss
---
I want to die
ZapNorris Platinum Sparx Gems: 5071
#2 Posted: 21:11:14 20/02/2018
yes.

if anybody tells you superchargers was better, end them.
---
Why does nobody want change?
(the video in the link changes often. check it)
Buchi Green Sparx Gems: 402
#3 Posted: 22:14:49 20/02/2018
Personally, Imaginators was my second favourite game, tied with SA.
---
Aspirat primo fortuna labori. Me duce tutus eris. Vox populi, vox dei. Ad meiorem, dei gloriam. Ad infinitum.
PM me weird stuff.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#4 Posted: 04:20:18 21/02/2018
gameplay was great.....as long as you use a Sensei or Imaginator :/ story was utter crap, and the storyteller idea just fell flat IMO. as a whole, I actually find it the weakest in the series ( console wise....if I include 3DS, then the 3DS version of SA is the weakest game ). I seriously have more fun playing Superchargers ( at least you can use literally anyone & still have fun....unlike Imaginators )
#5 Posted: 16:32:51 21/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The one problem that I have with Skylanders imaginators is the gameplay it gets boring fast And the the new Skylanders are awful they are not fun and the same
---
I want to die
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3473
#6 Posted: 15:59:04 22/02/2018
What's there in Imaginators is great; the combat is fluid, the arena is nice, and the character creation is tons of fun. Still, it's really light on content compared to the other games, so that bumps it down a bit for me. It feels like a rush job in all the other areas, from the "story" to the level count. Plus, they nerfed all the old characters because of the Imaginator level cap! They could've just kept the main game at normal difficulty and had an extra dungeon or something where all the enemies are way tougher to help Imaginators level up, but again, the game feels extremely incomplete after a little while playing it. You'll have a lot of fun for the first few hours, but then you start to realize the game is about 1/3 the size of Trap Team, leaving it feeling like Skylanders Extra-Lite.
---
B O N D R E W D D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G
#7 Posted: 16:41:21 22/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The “story” is childish yah I know this for kids but Kirby games had better story than Skylanders imaginations(I hate my iPad)
---
I want to die
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#8 Posted: 02:30:19 23/02/2018
Yes. It's good.
---
you ever realise smilie can t-pose AND dab at the same time
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4684
#9 Posted: 02:32:42 23/02/2018
Flawed, but pretty good.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#10 Posted: 16:46:03 26/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The boss fight are not challenging that all (I hate my spelling)
---
I want to die
#11 Posted: 03:07:33 27/02/2018
Quote: MLG Skylander
The boss fight are not challenging that all (I hate my spelling)

I have to agree....especially if you're using an Imaginator. I've taken down Super Saiyan Kaos out in under a minute with my fire quickshot smilie
zookinator Emerald Sparx Gems: 4201
#12 Posted: 03:54:12 27/02/2018
They didn't even bother making a soundtrack for it; all the songs are either stock or remixes. Despite what people say, more effort and cash was obviously put into Superchargers. At least they made stickers for all the characters...
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Johnbonne Blue Sparx Gems: 869
#13 Posted: 12:52:01 27/02/2018
Quote: zookinator
They didn't even bother making a soundtrack for it; all the songs are either stock or remixes. Despite what people say, more effort and cash was obviously put into Superchargers. At least they made stickers for all the characters...

Agreed, as well as what was said of the bosses. I get they might've needed reasons for Imaginators to shine over Senseis, but to make them blitz through bosses is a bit too much.
#14 Posted: 13:16:32 27/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The characters are annoying they so annoying I Turn down the volume every time I play this game
---
I want to die
#15 Posted: 21:22:26 27/02/2018
Quote: MLG Skylander
The characters are annoying they so annoying I Turn down the volume every time I play this game

I almost mute any time Mags talks...she's the only character in the franchise I just can't stand, so annoying.
#16 Posted: 01:57:41 28/02/2018
Quote: zookinator

Erm, I haven't seen anyone argue SC had less effort, but that doesn't make that game any good.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:02 28/02/2018 by Drawdler
#17 Posted: 13:15:26 28/02/2018
Well, there's arguably some good. The music was great, level themes were great, and we had portal master powers--with #74 letting us switch the upgrade paths of all characters. That alone upped the replayability a ton.

I feel that people hate too much on Superchargers for its intense focus on vehicles. While I can understand that, many ignore what good there is inside it. I personally liked the vehicle sections, so my only real complaint is that there should have been a proper are a challenge like SSF.
---
#18 Posted: 23:41:12 01/03/2018
Um... That wording makes it sounds like like SI had no good though.

And people frequently overlook what it does right.

• The Senseis are a fantastic roster.
  • More freedom in level selection thanks to all the sensei realms; there are issues with them namely how they're gated but they make replays much more portntially varied than any other entry.
  • A big hub with enemies to fight and **** to do that isn't minigames wow. Seriously people kept asking for something like this, and the execution certainly isn't the best but now that we have it nobody talks about it because they don't like the game.
  • Other than Fizzland, Battleship and Golden Arcade (which is an obligatory minigame level that's actually enjoyable as it isn't the same minigame every time and has solid combat segments and pacing) aren't levels which are full of puzzles like Giants or ones full of minigames like SC. These levels are great to replay because they aren't bogged down by things like this.
  • The combat pacing is ****ing fantastic with the senseis. It's sort of a crapshoot with old characters and imaginators break it but with Senseis you experience fantastic pacing, fantastic movesets and enemies that are not too bulky nor too light.
  • It has more postgame than people ever credit it for. It's better postgame than TT or SC; I have no idea why people credit TT's, and SC's is about the same amount and more varied but a lot more of it is ****ty and not replayable. Actual collectables and **** in levels unlike SC, an addictive arena, and grinding to your heart's content on Imaginators, combined with the biggest level number in the series if you have every AP and realm, and Brain Adventures (which are what SC's quests SHOULD have been).
  • Switch version (also has the digital character select that has been lowkey wanted by many over the years)
  • Did people forget how pretty the environmental designs still art; this isn't something ragged on or exactly a point to imaginators but people bring up the other game slooking good and yet not imaginators when that also looks pretty good. It's on the lower end for the series but it's not like SF where it's ugly and doesn't fit the series and it is still something to be noted. I'd like to shout out the Mausoleum level in particular as that was the first time I felt like I was in a traditional dungeon or crypt since the first game.

SI has a lot of problems and doesn't feel as thoughtful as the other entries. But it gets a lot of fundamental things right or at least does them enjoyably and yet people act like it's total ****. People mever criticise the other games on the same level and defend those more when some have way worse of (lookin' at TT) very similar problems. They get a pass for many people because they have more heart, which is fine, but then people also act like they don't have a lot of gameplay issues and that SI didn't get anything right.

I don't like this addition either, but a minor and overlooked one is how you can upgrade literally anywhere and anytime in SI. People used to ask for that all the time. I think it's more fun to have ppanned before levels with your upgrades but nonetheless this fits when the game doesn't have the same kind of hub as the others and is another thing I'm baffled nobody ever mentions.

SC has plenty of other problems besides vehicles, assuming that's the only reason people rag on it is just wrong. Nd I already criticised the portal master powers dude, they had potential but just sucked in SC. But regardless, people gonna defend SC saying it's not as bad as people say? Well bubs, the same applies to SI. I'm not saying "LIKE EVERYTHING IN SI!!!!", I'm saying "okay I don't like SC because it has too many problems clouding it, here's why I like SI and what it did right is forgotten too". The way I treat SC is the way the general seems to treat SI, yet the latter is less questioned and more accepted. :V
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 00:08:29 02/03/2018 by Drawdler
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#19 Posted: 00:10:32 02/03/2018
It's ok. Personally one of my least favorite games, but still worth playing through if you're a fan.
#20 Posted: 10:36:07 02/03/2018 | Topic Creator
The levels are short and easy
---
I want to die
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4112
#21 Posted: 12:26:58 03/03/2018
It sucks, way too OP characters, cringy dialogue, expensive, glitchy, uninspired level designs, no original music.

Just skip it.
---
r.i.p skylanders
#22 Posted: 13:58:21 03/03/2018
Part 1:

Quote:
More freedom in level selection thanks to all the sensei realms; there are issues with them namely how they're gated but they make replays much more portntially varied than any other entry.

I guess so, but that needs one Sensei of each element, and I think most non-serious players will be left with Golden Queen, King Pen, and maybe a couple of Creation Crystals. At least with the other games you could access almost every level without needing a particular Skylander or Magic Item. In Imaginators, you have to buy something in order to gain more meaningful content than twelve levels and a bunch of repeatable missions.

Quote:
A big hub with enemies to fight and **** to do that isn't minigames wow. Seriously people kept asking for something like this, and the execution certainly isn't the best but now that we have it nobody talks about it because they don't like the game.

We have a large hub, I'll grant you that. I think the reason nobody really talks about it is because it had a flawed execution. Sure, there's enemies wandering around, but is there anything else? The other hub worlds had secrets to discover and a gradually expanding area...this one sort of came out in clusters, and when there, there really wasn't anything except to find the digging rat, maybe some gold and stuff. There's that little Imaginite chest with the auras, I suppose.

Really, that pales in comparison to the likes of Trap Team's Academy. All the Legendary Treasures you found in the levels decorated it in some way, and more minigames, fighting or not, became available as you played. Trinkets were stolen away everywhere around there, and there were so many places to go despite its relatively small size. The MAP may have been larger, but it was far more empty than TT's Academy--freely-fightable enemies aside.

Quote:
Other than Fizzland, Battleship and Golden Arcade (which is an obligatory minigame level that's actually enjoyable as it isn't the same minigame every time and has solid combat segments and pacing) aren't levels which are full of puzzles like Giants or ones full of minigames like SC. These levels are great to replay because they aren't bogged down by things like this.

When there are gimmicks/minigames, they are terrible, especially compared to SC's. Don't care what you say, at least VV managed to pull it right. When there aren't gimmicks or minigames, the combat is great, but little else. This entire game focuses around Imaginators, and so practically every collectible aside from Soul Gems requires them. While I won't say that is terrible, I really miss the collectibles of TT that could benefit every Skylander, or at least the player. Even SC did a better job of including every Skylander in their umbrella.

They are fine to replay--rarely. I'd say the adventure pack levels like CTT, GPO, and LIM are far better than the main campaign, mostly because there isn't such a horrible story involved. The dialogue and reasoning for going to every level except the adventure pack levels feels very childish compared to the previous entries, making it feel like it was centric to kids and no one else. The levels are perfectly replayable if you can get past the sub-par storytelling.

Quote:
The combat pacing is ****ing fantastic with the senseis. It's sort of a crapshoot with old characters and imaginators break it but with Senseis you experience fantastic pacing, fantastic movesets and enemies that are not too bulky nor too light.

While the combat may be great for the brand-new characters, that's about it. Players have lauded in the past the inability to play with previous characters due to them being absurdly weak, particularly with STT. While we can blame the terrible balance that STT had, SI only has greed to blame. The Senseis are powerful, and become more so when they level up. It makes them feel better than any other Skylander, encouraging you to buy more of them.

The game really forces you to play with Senseis and Imaginators to really get anywhere, and any difficulty beyond Normal is terribly difficult with the older Skylanders. That's another core reason why this game isn't as good: it doesn't respect veterans nearly the same.
---
#23 Posted: 13:58:45 03/03/2018
Part 2:

Quote:
It has more postgame than people ever credit it for. It's better postgame than TT or SC; I have no idea why people credit TT's, and SC's is about the same amount and more varied but a lot more of it is ****ty and not replayable. Actual collectables and **** in levels unlike SC, an addictive arena, and grinding to your heart's content on Imaginators, combined with the biggest level number in the series if you have every AP and realm, and Brain Adventures (which are what SC's quests SHOULD have been).

It doesn't have better post-game content than Swap Force, which arguably has the best arena system to date. I'd like to see why you think Trap Team's and Supercharger's content is terrible, but I think it is becaue of Trap Team's lack of balance and Superchargers' big push on vehicles. Note that SSA has a larger level count than Imaginators (26 >24), and even more if you include the Heroic Challenges.

I don't think the arena in Imaginators is all that great; Superchargers had a better format than all the others, it just had a flawed execution. Trap Team's was similar to Giants', and felt rather gimmicky, but at least it felt tight and difficult due to the layout. SSF's were large and challenging, and were greatly replayable. SI just had a big circle with a bunch of enemies falling into it, compared to the traps and environments of SG, SSF, and STT. SSC didn't have environments, but it had power-ups and other things to make things interesting as well.

I also don't think grinding is a way to get better post-game content. Aside from levelling and upgrading Skylanders, it becomes tiresome quickly, particularly with finding Imaginite Chests. SSC's level chests, while not ideal, at least had a varied selection of goods, and the shop in the game gave you something else to spend gold on. In Imaginators, it could have done with an option to buy chests with a character's collected gold, especially since there's no use for it outside of upgrades.

As for the Brain Missions, they feel rather lackluster when compared to the Bonus and Heroic Challenges of old, as the layouts of the missions are very simple, they are incredibly short, and are very repetitive. They don't give you a lasting reward, unlike the previous games, where your efforts went to upgrading all of your Skylanders collectively. Imaginators focused only on the gimmick Skylander, and while you can have as many as you wish, they really don't feel that different from each other past the core ten.

Quote:
Switch version (also has the digital character select that has been lowkey wanted by many over the years)

I wouldn't say it has felt like a must for the core console experience, as we still have our Skylanders. I won't deny the Switch version is nice for its portability, and want to get it myself sometime, but the charater selection is horrible compared to the last three entries for the 3DS. On the handheld, all the SKylanders were sorted by element, while in Imaginators Switch, it is sorted by last-used, which becomes especially bothersome with larger collections.

Quote:
Did people forget how pretty the environmental designs still art; this isn't something ragged on or exactly a point to imaginators but people bring up the other game slooking good and yet not imaginators when that also looks pretty good. It's on the lower end for the series but it's not like SF where it's ugly and doesn't fit the series and it is still something to be noted. I'd like to shout out the Mausoleum level in particular as that was the first time I felt like I was in a traditional dungeon or crypt since the first game.

The reason why there are few discussion is because Superchargers nailed it. SF may have been ugly, and TT may have been slightly primitive, but SC made it feel realistic, like how Skylands ought to be. VV didn't really cut corners in making the game look beautiful, such as using few 2D assets. The level environments for places like Vault of the Ancients or Spellpunk Library were especially great, and were part of the reason why I regularly replayed that game.

Lets talk Imaginators. I noticed that many 2D assets were used, which I feel is a detriment. The level environments were varied, yes, but they really felt...bland. You really didn't do anything interesting with the environment, unlike what was done with all the previous games. With SSA, you had everything from destroying the tornado in level four, to riding an Arkeyan in the penultimate level. That felt cool the first time I did it, especially since it was unexpected.

SG had plenty of puzzles, sure, but the environment came alive because of them. It felt like the world was working against you to prevent you from reaching your goal, on top of having enemies attack. In SSF and SC, it's the same. TT had some parts of that, but I think having Villains be a major aspect of each environment was far better done. Imaginators had little-to-nothing in having the environment be against you, except for few levels where you simply had to jump or play a minigame. Puzzles were slow, yes, but at least they felt rewarding--especially if you can complete them fast for a time challenge.
---
#24 Posted: 17:31:23 03/03/2018 | Topic Creator
Ok....
---
I want to die
#25 Posted: 03:12:44 06/03/2018
Quote:
realms

Yeah that's true. But it's still there and I think most people here at least have half of the elements, which is still a notable addition.

Quote:
hub

Disagree immensely, I find TT's hub just as flawed. The extra areas are all sidescrolling sections which are very unspectacular and it doesn't have anything to do outside of that. In regards to amount of secrets I'd say they're about the same though SI's are hidden worse. On the plus side when you know where everything is in SI you can always make use of it because everyone can redeem those hidden piles of gold and EXP. That's nice.

Quote:
levels

Nope, I think SC has horrible minigames too, even putting aside how often the vehicles came up: they controlled terribly, their balance was a crapshoot, and they just has boring design. At their best they were extremely watered-down versions of the onfoot. Many were incredibly simplistic puzzles with the very awkward vehicle controls.

Erm dawg I'm not denying the story is awful, I was criticising it with everyone when it came out but that's not what I replay SI for. If you're going to criticise SI for having a **** story: that's one of the downfalls it has. Like how SF has a mediocre story, ugly visuals and grinding to level up/complete quests. How SC has a terrible lack of onfoot and lack of chapters. How TT has balance even worse than SI and lack of variety in replay value. And the various areas SG and SA have dated. All these games have their quirks you have to accept. At least the big one in SI (not that it doesn't have others) doesn't directly affect gameplay like its predecessor. It's something very easily ignoreable if, like me, you are primarily playing for gameplay.

(As an aside I didn't like SC's story either and I think it has a lot more flaws than people say: sweeping TT under the rug, muddled older lore, huge pacing issues and some moments where the tone is so silly it's cringeworthy mainly with ****ing flynn)

Quote:
combat

This just isn't true for every character. Old ones that hold up: Zoo Lou. Chill. Lava Lance Eruptor. Any Elite.
However, indeed the majority of old characters suffer. I did say it's a crapshoot. But It's better than TT in at least the characters all remain mechanically sound, you don't get any **** as broken as Wind-Up was in TT, and it has better mechanics that at least let you get more crafty.
Besides... YOU HAVE THE DIFFICULTY SELECTION. Yes it's just a band-aid fix. I hate switching it myself and how much of a misnomer it is for old characters. But everyone acts like old characters are 100% unusable... If it matters to everyone so badly just use the difficulty selection and you can absolutely enjoy this game with old characters.
Side-note: Old characters gain stats by levelling in SI too.
This is another bad quirk of SI but don't act like it's exclusive to this game or has no workaround.

As for the new characters: my point is I think playing them, the combat reached heights it did in no other entry. It's not perfect for sure, but I think it pretty much nailed a sense of difficulty on just the Senseis, and it has the wonderful mechanics SF established and uses them really well. Again, the new roster is fantastic and I would say the absolute best of the series, it makes great use of SF's mechanics, nobody in it feels the same and it had tons of little new ideas. All that on top of that cast getting such a fantastic core combat experience. It would take more analysis for me to explain why but that feeling was there when I started the game and is still there every time I replay it.

And while I'm saying all this I feel like you're interpreting everything I'm saying more as "all of SI is amazing stop criticising it", again, my point is the other games have just as many flaws that are never criticised and SI is the one everyone rags on. On this website I see nobody talking about the good parts of this game other than me these days, I don't get why you think it's very praised.

Quote:
replayability

I didn't say better than SF, which I agree has the longest postgame (I would give best to SA, but that's another rant, basically doesn't feel as grindy and the levels are much more replayable due to not being overbearingly large and it didn't blatantly outright copy content like SF did in most of its extra modes), I said better than people ever credit it for.
You mention Heroics but this is something I dislike about every game post-Giants, however is just somehting to accept with the series by this point, and TT suffered from having no character-specific extras too.
Also, I thought SI has 27 levels with the DLC added? Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if you're going to count bonuses then SI has the Brain missions as well. Either way, 24, 26? Very comparable, and if anything SI's levels are bigger than SA's. And if you're going to mention how the realms are locked off... SA's Heroics and APs are too. Hell, for a more recent example: SC locking off most of the racetracks, and (see below) the supercharged missions. It's not as blunt as SI but it absolutely is there. Even Giants which people oh-so-love made it so green base characters no longer unlocked heroics.

No my issue with TT's replayability is not the lack of balance. I also did not say it's terrible, just not nearly as good as people say. If it were balance I could criticise SI for the same. But Kaos Challenge is only a few hours and Brock's Club is laughable, not to mention both are the same thing: hordes of enemies with a gimmick attached. There are villain Quests but I can't remember a single fun one, they aren't replayable and literally gates to specific characters, and many are literally just talking to a character. Apart from that there's the main story... that's it. No Skylander-specific quests or heroics like, hell, even SC had, no random mini missions, PVP was taken out with this entry, and there are no fun bonuses to unlock besides hats and trinkets. There aren't even accolades.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:53:26 06/03/2018 by Drawdler
#26 Posted: 03:13:42 06/03/2018
Superchargers absolutely did not have a better format. Leaving the very kind of mission you get up to luck is not good. Period. It's bad game design. SI does it right in that you know when you go to most of the levels what kind of mission you're getting: dungeon crawling in the mausoleum and town ones, town ones having more light puzzles, minigames in the (lol lame) battleship ones, and obviously arenas. In SC, want to play a vehicle mission? Hum Pandergast will give you one but if you want more then you're gonna have to wait until tomorrow or play to RNGeesus that the other characters give you one. And each kind of mission; a remixed level, a vehicle mission, an arena one, has such a tiny pool and are even shorter and emptier than SI's. SC's postgame focused so much on variety that its actual replayability suffered. But that's just getting to the bonus missions... in regards to other things;
Main story: pitiful amount of collectables in every level. Fewer levels than any entry besides perhaps SF (depends if you count the boss levels) while levels are shorter than SF's and there is more vehicle than onfoot.
Racing: 4 tracks per terrain is pathetic, the different modes don't play differently outside of the "defeating the villains" one, online is now shut down and to top this off SI HAS ALL THE SAME RACING CONTENT OUTSIDE OF THE SWITCH VERSION. Any praises to SC's racing apply to SI outside of Switch as well.
The elemental gates: honestly horrible buggy messes with a clear lack of polish. No "retry" option for getting three stars sucks a lot here (****ing earth gate), objectives are boring, many are three-starred on the first go. Also all extremely short. Blatant lack of polish, blatant last-minute additions, not fun at all and a negligible addition anyway, as these aren't something you would replay anyway.
Quests: adressed already.
Supercharger Quests: The first two of these are always grinding. Awful grinding too. But the Supercharged Missions? I actually think those are pretty good. Most of them aren't so precise that the crappy controls of vehicles is an issue, and while some are lame "collect the things on the path", I think they generally had neat goals. DK's challenge is the most fun I ever had with SC, and I don't regret my hours retrying it to get three stars. But you need to buy specific characters and vehicles for them- like Realms these aren't content that there out of the box, on top of being character-gated.

The way you feel about SI's arena, I feel about TT's kaos challenge.

Every game in the series has grinding bub. The point of so many characters is to be able to play them all and offer variety with them; and if you do play them all, that devolves to grinding in every entry. If you don't, well, talking about content if you buy less or more characters is another beast. As someone collecting and maxing everyone out since the first game however, these games each absolutely become grinding at some point.

Quote:
switch

I don't even like digital character selection that much either. I'm just saying people seemed to want it, and now that it's here... nope, let's complain about the balance and story instead.

Quote:
environments

Personally, I think SA nailed it. I am not a fan of VV's aesthetics. But I will give them credit that it turned out well in SC. I just disagree that game "nailed" it, and again, SI's are good but people act like it doesn't still have that going for it?

And I don't agree puzzles felt rewarding. Whenever I found one I always knew I would have to repeat it to get to the stuff that was actually different with different characters, the long ones gave me dread because of it. And I think they were usually only fun in SA. I'll give you that they make the environments feel more different but SG absolutely went too far with them, and SC lacks onfoot puzzles too bub. I would say only SF and SA got a good balance between the two- in those games it was actually effectively used for pacing. TT and SI go too far the other direction, SG as mentioned has way too many puzzles, while SC... that's a whole other beast when it comes to pacing problems, but again, it hasn't got that many onfoot puzzles at all.

---

I'm going to stress this: my point in the end is not that SI is not very flawed or even that what it did right nessicarily outshines what it did wrong, but people frequently talk like this game is ****, which is very much not the case. Not even in comparison to other entries. I'm saying this as someone who likes this game less and less with every visit: it's still damn good. And it makes me sad people dogpile on this game, at least here, and yet criticise any other game and people hold those to a different standard. SI is absolutely flawed, but so are other games people love and say were the best here- in some way, every one of them- there is absolutely some double-standard against SI. There is legitimate criticism in there, and SI certainly has some flaws bigger than the other games (while the other games have some flaws bigger than SI's), but people never talk about what the game did right (giving it a passing mention is not the same), and the kind of gameplay it is good for, and many only mention its downfalls. It's very frustrating and again- the way I criticise SC and don't talk about what it did right, that's what everyone does to SI; at least SC has more defenders.

Alas, I've no interest in discussing this further as I don't see the attitude changing and I see myself as just a negative nancy. Goodbye.
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 03:50:43 06/03/2018 by Drawdler
#27 Posted: 03:46:12 06/03/2018
I'll leave any further thoughts done to the reviews I'll be posting in my topic, which you can find in my signature. I will completely deny that the racing of SI is as good as SSC though; having played through it, the balance of the vehicles have been completely broken. You die within three hits, while in SSC you could actually last a little while. I'd sooner return to Superchargers for the racing.
---
#28 Posted: 16:38:35 07/03/2018 | Topic Creator
What the **** is happening
(I’m planning on doing this for all the games)
---
I want to die
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:32:28 15/03/2018 by MLG Skylander
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me