Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > sunny flight fan celebration for charity
Page 1 of 1
sunny flight fan celebration for charity
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#1 Posted: 15:14:12 17/02/2018 | Topic Creator
up late. see this. thought would be good to share.

sunny flight fan celebration for charity
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 15:29:08 17/02/2018
Hey, it's Razz! Don't think I'd have time for this currently, but if it's charity, good luck to her.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#3 Posted: 02:08:08 18/02/2018
Coooooooool, I'll probably do something for this. :-)

It says until April 10th, so there is plenty of time, actually.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#4 Posted: 00:29:29 09/03/2018 | Topic Creator
contributers being listed now
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6071
#5 Posted: 03:21:41 05/04/2018
Oh! Hey, thanks for posting about this here. :) Still got a couple weeks for folks to submit entries if anyone is interested!
#6 Posted: 20:12:53 24/04/2018
Since there's already a topic, may as well post it here. Sunny Flight is now out! :)

What: A massive fan project containing 641 pieces of work, including art, writing, and comics with all proceeds going to The Seeing Eye, a school which breeds and trains guide dogs for the blind and is working to improve canine health worldwide!

When: the zine will be for sale and donations accepted from April 24 - August 1, 2018! After August 1, the zine will be taken down from the store and contributors are free to post (or not post) their works where ever they wish!

Where: Buy the full zine (which includes the exclusive comic by Xan, LOBSTER the Complete Saga) or Xan's comic by itself on Gumroad!
gumroad.com/sunnyflight

Or donate through PayPal to: sunnyflightcharity@gmail.com

If we raise $5,000 USD, we can get a Seeing Eye puppy named after a Spyro character and help provide care, training, and equipment for him or her!

Who: Here are the amazing people who contributed work to Sunny Flight!
1. AzureDragonOfNether - poem
2. BluBoltra - art
3. Constelia - art
4. CosmicRhapsody - 2d felt art piece
5. Esiar - art
6. FatherOfMusho - story
7. Lastdragondreamer - art
8. LastKrystalDragon - 10-page comic
9. magic-retina/Razzek - all of my all-ages Spyro art/stories from 2007 to present (over 500 pieces)
10. MissRiverstyxx - writing
11. norithecat - 3 color character sketches
12. OgaraOrCynder - 2 art pieces
13. PanDeSalvado - multiple art pieces
14. redmetaldragon - poem, letter, story
15. RubyDragonCat - essay
16. RusCSI - art
17. Splotchy Ink/Gattlin - 3D printed sculpture
18. StellarChrondrite - art
19. Svartya - art
20. TheLeatherDragonI - multiple art pieces
21. Viperwings - art
22. WandererTamplior - art
23. wolfofdarknesse - art
24. Xannador - 20-page comic (available to donators only!)
25. Zenmashta - art
26. Xein000 - 3 art pieces

Welcome to Sunny Flight, a Spyro fan celebration for charity!

What do you love about Spyro the Dragon? What does this cute, weird, funny series about a purple dragon and his friends mean to you?

Sunny Flight is a celebration of a franchise that’s been around for almost 20 years and has come to mean a lot to so many. Maybe it was your childhood or it got you through some hard times. Whatever it is, you love this purple dragon, his worlds, his friends, and even his enemies. I (Razz) wanted to know why and do something good not just for those of us who are fans of this series, but for the world at large. Over the course of two months, twenty-five amazing people contributed their creativity and talent to this project (see the full list above)!

All proceeds gathered from the sale of this zip archive from April to August, 2018, will go to The Seeing Eye, a school which trains guide dogs for the blind and is working with organizations around the world to improve canine health. If you would like to donate to The Seeing Eye beyond this project, you can do so and learn more at their website linked below!

The Seeing Eye: www.seeingeye.org/

If you have acquired this archive without purchasing it during the April to July 2018 donation drive, please consider sending a donation to The Seeing Eye directly or adding to the amount we are working to raise through PayPal at sunnyflightcharity@gmail.com

Special thanks to OgaraOrCynder for creating promotional materials for this project!

Spyro the Dragon and all related characters are © 1998 – present Universal Interactive Studios and Activision. All artwork and written materials are © 2018 the individuals who created them. Please do not redistribute these materials without written permission of the creators. Sunny Flight is a non-profit project made by fans for fans. All proceeds, barring PayPal and Gumroad storefront fees, will be donated to The Seeing Eye. Sunny Flight and its contributors are not affiliated with Activision, Toys for Bob, Insomniac Games, or The Seeing Eye.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:01:10 25/04/2018 by Razz
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 20:21:14 24/04/2018
Looking pretty good! There's a lot of great art there, from the previews.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#8 Posted: 20:47:20 24/04/2018
Oh, there's a TON! It's all so good! And there are a couple great fics in it, too. :) I'm looking forward to getting interviews of contributors going and holding the auction for the 3D printed dragon, too. :)
#9 Posted: 03:54:34 27/04/2018
One of our contributors, BlueBoltra, wants to keep celebrating Spyro and is looking for artists to join in the fun! Check out what they're doing and see if you can join in! :)

Also, the auction for the 3D printed mini crystal dragon sculpture will be starting this Monday and the first contributor interview will be posted on Tuesday! 8O
#10 Posted: 23:42:22 30/04/2018
The 3D printed crystal dragon is now up for auction!

And our first contributor interview will be going up tomorrow. :)
#11 Posted: 04:49:56 02/05/2018
The first contributor interview with AzureDragon is now up!
#12 Posted: 00:30:08 10/06/2018
Just a little heads up that the end-date for Sunny Flight has been moved up from August 1 to July 1. If you want to purchase the zine, Xan's comic, or donate for the charity, you'll have until the end of this month to do it. :)

https://braille-brain.devianta...arity-741940340
#13 Posted: 11:01:26 17/06/2018
We just passed the $1000 milestone! 8D Special thanks to MissMagnificent on DA, who took on some extra commissions to help us reach that goal! :)
#14 Posted: 03:40:32 19/06/2018 | Topic Creator
good news all this!
#15 Posted: 12:04:18 24/06/2018
Thanks faunatic and thanks for starting this topic! :)

Less than a week left to get Sunny Flight! The store will be shutting down on July 1 and all donations raised will be gathered to send to The Seeing Eye. :)

https://braille-brain.devianta...arity-741940340
#16 Posted: 12:42:36 28/06/2018
Today and tomorrow are the last days to get Sunny Flight! If you like Spyro and want to help dogs and blind people, please grab a copy and/or spread the word! :)

https://www.deviantart.com/bra...arity-741940340
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me